Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886904 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
ogompaul:
I appreciate everyone in this thread for d selfless contributions. please houz, I posted my application using unregistered mail and I was advised that registered would've been better. Now I went to NIPOST to mail my application and I told them to register it for me buh they said that the mail won't be delivered to them, that the school will have to come to their office and get the application themselve. I'm confused now, I don't know which to do now. pls I need urgent assistance. Thanks nd One Love.
What nipost said is not true. I have used registered mail times without number (to UK and Germany) and they always deliver to the address I gave.
My advice ignore what nipost said and send your application using registered mail. Thats your best shot if you don't want your documents to get lost.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ogompaul(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
adenjnr:
What nipost said is not true. I have used registered mail times without number (to UK and Germany) and they always deliver to the address I gave.
My advice ignore what nipost said and send your application using registered mail. Thats your best shot if you don't want your documents to get lost.
Adenjnr nd suxes2005 thanks for d piece of information, I really appreciate d quick response. I can now post my mail REGISTERED. Thanks nd one Love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
nevilbot:

I can feel u broda cus I'm going thru d same thing u are going thru here in Frankfurt. Wia I finally see house na 35 mins to Frankfurt by train plus 30 mins to get to d train station from my house by foot cus d bus na once every hour

Buy a bicycle and your problem is solved

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
ogompaul:
Adenjnr nd suxes2005 thanks for d piece of information, I really appreciate d quick response. I can now post my mail REGISTERED. Thanks nd one Love
why not use courier service like FedEx
at least, you will be guaranteed
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
kelly4top:

Buy a bicycle and your problem is solved

Yes will buy one soon at d fley market. Got my ist job today oo thanks to d naija guy I met. I actually decided to boycott lab work today for d job and it was worth it. Got paid 85€ for 10 hrs job. Already got a call for another 2hrs for 30€ tomorrow cotc of anoda naija man i met in d kingdom hall as I'm a JW. Hoping for me

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
igwejay:

why not use courier service like FedEx
at least, you will be guaranteed
Of course you can use courier service like FedEx and the rest if you have the money but if you don't have such amount, it is advisable you use Nipost registered Mail. It only time and price that differentiate Nipost registered mail and other courier services.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
nevilbot:

Yes will buy one soon at d fley market. Got my ist job today oo thanks to d naija guy I met. I actually decided to boycott lab work today for d job and it was worth it. Got paid 85€ for 10 hrs job. Already got a call for another 2hrs for 30€ tomorrow cotc of anoda naija man i met in d kingdom hall as I'm a JW. Hoping for me
ar u serious you ar JW ? Plss let relate bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
nevilbot:

Finally, Nevilbot testifies.. smiley smiley

Thanks for your time and effort. You have been relentless in sharing some challenges so we can learn from them. Keep it up bro. wink
I am so happy for you.
Please, dont go into hiding like others. grin grin
Gott segne dich !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
stharrie:
Please oo.....I read of DSH exams if one doesn't have any certificate to show their knowledge of German...please as anyone here taken and how is it like

I'm taking this exam next year, i would advice you before coming make sure you have at least your German knowledge is B2 niveau. With B1 its difficult passing the exam.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bochu: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
cool
beebee5000:

I'm taking this exam next year, i would advice you before coming make sure you have at least your German knowledge is B2 niveau. With B1 its difficult passing the exam.
aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u serious?I dey b1..d horen part na him dEy give me wahala..bro u fit yan me something Über studienkolleg??ich weiß Sie immer sehr beschäftigt sind,,aber Sie Für mir mehr erklaren konnen... cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 22, 2014
bochu:
coolaя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u serious?I dey b1..d horen part na him dEy give me wahala..bro u fit yan me something Über studienkolleg??ich weiß Sie immer sehr beschäftigt sind,,aber Sie Für mir mehr erklaren konnen... cool

see as you just dey speak broken German anyhow...... dont worry i was once like you, when you come you go understand.
To get into studienkolleg,you have to pass the Aufnahmeprüfung, google it up you will see past questions. Test your self with it, then decide if your German is up to it.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by stanogb(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
hello house, i wish to apply to university of bonn. They require i send my transcript together with my particulars online. The problem is that my school does not issue transcripts to students. What do i do?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mickyboiz:
ar u serious you ar JW ? Plss let relate bro

Yes I'm a Jw. U can pm me
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stanogb(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
stanogb:
hello house, i wish to apply to university of bonn. They require i send my transcript together with my particulars online. The problem is that my school does not issue transcripts to students. What do i do?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
stanogb:
Try and read few pages back... This issue as been treated
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
nevilbot:

Yes I'm a Jw. U can pm me
av done dat bro, i really api to see one of my people here
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jeebz: 10:53am On Nov 23, 2014
adenjnr:
Try and read few pages back... This issue as been treated
Brother at least drop the page number
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
stanogb:
you could mail it to a department in any university where you have someone who can get it for u.. that's what my frienddid
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
@all..i am so sorry i have not been here,i feel guilty cos this thread helped me a whole lot but i have not been able to contribute my own quota here.
I will like to advice you all prospective applicants to RHINE-WAAL UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES to make sure they have all the requirments and also I repeat to try and get admission into some other universities in berlin,breme,frankfurt or liezpeq cos this Kleve na village o........nothing here,and so boring..I am planning to transfer to some other universities uptown in the next session....you cannot get a good job here.
But if you are someone that likes a very quite environment and live a triangle life i swill recommend this place for you...
But i will also advice you to apply here and transfer later,if you find it hard to get admission into some uptown universities...
LEARN GERMAN LANGUAGE O,SOME GERMANS DONT EVEN WANT TO TALK TO YOU ONCE YOU SPEAK ENGLISH,THEIR ENGLISH IS BAD SO THEY WONT WANT TO FALL THEMSELVES HAND...SO THEY IGNORE YOU....
i will be posting here every sundays of my experience here.....i am so occupied wwith class work,tests,and assignments.....i misseed alot of classses cos i came in late....one love people

8 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@all..i am so sorry i have not been here,i feel guilty cos this thread helped me a whole lot but i have not been able to contribute my own quota here.
I will like to advice you all prospective applicants to RHINE-WAAL UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES to make sure they have all the requirments and also I repeat to try and get admission into some other universities in berlin,breme,frankfurt or liezpeq cos this Kleve na village o........nothing here,and so boring..I am planning to transfer to some other universities uptown in the next session....you cannot get a good job here.
But if you are someone that likes a very quite environment and live a triangle life i swill recommend this place for you...
But i will also advice you to apply here and transfer later,if you find it hard to get admission into some uptown universities...
LEARN GERMAN LANGUAGE O,SOME GERMANS DONT EVEN WANT TO TALK TO YOU ONCE YOU SPEAK ENGLISH,THEIR ENGLISH IS BAD SO THEY WONT WANT TO FALL THEMSELVES HAND...SO THEY IGNORE YOU....
i will be posting here every sundays of my experience here.....i am so occupied wwith class work,tests,and assignments.....i misseed alot of classses cos i came in late....one love people
Its good to read from you, it goes a long way. More of this will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by fxsly: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
kunlelikeme:
thank u so much for this information. lemme quickly check the schools on my rader to see if the city of kleve is there
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
dolpaz:

Gbam

Please, tell them more.

In other word, Beebee, how have you been?

You just ignore your guy for Quarter-to cry cry .. He no Jell ooo cry :' cheesy undecided

I am really assimilating and learning hard..
Reading for IELTS, Learning German, Going to work mondays-fridays, reading informations on Nairaland and also trying to make ends needs no be small thing oo

May God bless Our struggle

Beebee, Can we hook up through our "Orijo" Platform grin grin

Vielen Danke !

@dolpaz

You are not alone. IELTS, studying German, working full time, still doing PP , following this thread checking school for any new development, researching for new markets etc May God bless the hard work

Also for those learning German changing the language of your smartphone's assistant can also help. Now Siri responds to me in German. My phones language is still English but then I can have someone to speak to me in German.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
kunlelikeme:
hello bro hope Hamburg university is nt village
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
kunlelikeme:
yeah kleve is a village and very boring. .but kamp linfort is not a village..there are opportunities here too and jobs ..also duisburg and dusseldolf not far from here..with your semester ticket you can go to all this places..my church is in dusseldolf and students live there too because there are job opportunities. And about the language tin..na war abeg..very frustrating
make una learn this language before coming here ooo..this people hate english with passion..mehn I don lost tire..thanks to bissiejoe and kayusboss

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jeebz: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mickyboiz:
hello bro hope Hamburg university is nt village
No, 2nd largest city in Germany and 8th largest in the E.U. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg
Re: German Embassy And Visa by rafcrown(m): 12:54am On Nov 24, 2014
I have been to Hamburg about 4 times and I can assure you that the place is not a village-big city ,lively and really Good Africans are there.That is the only place where I have seen real co-operation among Nigerians living abroad.They are far better than the Nigerians living in Luxembourg-which believe strongly that the golden rule among them is not to help another.
Frankly speaking,I feel reluctant to return to my base after 4-5 days in Hamburg on each visit.Neat and law-abiding people.I was looking for a place and a good Nigerian-Ibo man,though I am not an Ibo person assigned somebody to take me round-Thats Hamburg for you.
I would have loved to move there but my mind is now in the Southern German.Germany is a great place and country.I would have introduced you to some people that I know there but people there are very helpful and nice so you ll find your way asap.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 4:24am On Nov 24, 2014
kunlelikeme:

Eke40seven was not posting utter balderdash many months ago when he made infuriating comments about Kleve and the school without mincing words. I visibly recollect his quoted opinion below and other strings of comments which sparked heated arguments and a temporary breakdown of peace and order on this thread.
Whatever happened to the days of his impartial bluntness and ire raising undiplomatic comments grin.
However, whichever way, survival is man's inherent instinct. Carve out a niche for yourself to eke out a living.

Eke40seven:

I will (although reluctantly) address this issue as regards the question you asked. I just hope other readers won't further misinterpret my response.
I commented on my cousin's educational background. He studied and still lives in Duisburg and has a kid with a native from that region. I thought I was armed with enough information but his arsenal of information and intellectual fire power on that region was just undeniably superior to mine.
First note that Duisburg is about 33 miles away from kleve (think Lagos-oshodi to Ijebu Ode) and about 25 miles from kamp-linfort (Lagos Oshodi to Shagamu or more). I believe you know that those are the two campuses of the school. He described Kleve as a small, good but sleepy town with a population of less than 50,000 or thereabout. The only highlight being the university of kleve and an arm of Rhine Waal located there and his description of the other campus in Kamp-Linfort was even less inspiring. So he said, "It beats me to moans how you intend to sustain yourself financially in such a place without external help" Although he consoled me by saying I could cross over to Nijmegen in the Netherland a shipping town with at least 3 times the population of kleve, just 10-12 miles away for a wrap of weed if I get too frustrated and work on the docks to earn my transport fare back (He was brutal) Forgetting that he too worked on the docks in Duisburg (they also have a good inland port) and imported any scrap he could find on the streets. From VW buses to 1993 Duisburg, Shalcke 04 and Dortmund jerseys. Although he finally recommended that I could easily find holiday jobs in nearby Duisburg, Dusseldorf, and Gelsenkirchen (all within 45 miles) if am willing to work even though the area is no longer the leading economic driver of yore.
So that is that for the location (important to me since I was considering the economic side too as an Igbo boy na)
Now for the school, I commented on the age of the school in defence of their poor rankings, he countered by pointing out King Abdullah University of Science and Technology which was created in the same year, 2009 but had made the first 500 list of all 3 universally accepted rankings. (He had answers for everything). If I start elaborating on the details of his comments, it will raise unnecessary arguments. However he said if I intend to use the degree in Nigeria its fine cos no one knows about the school, the name Germany may be my saving grace and sometimes its advantageous to go to an average school because you stand a better chance of graduating within the first 20% of your class which is one of the major things employers in Germany look out for if they don't consider your school.
However, for me I feel he may be a bit prejudiced against the school since he didn't consider the prospects of the school and other positive antecedents and obsessively wants the 'best' for his cousin. Well, do I care what he thinks? I will just be obedient enough to earn his sponsorship letter.
P.S: Note that these are just the opinions of my cousin and should not be used as a basis to nail me to the cross.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 6:01am On Nov 24, 2014
kunlelikeme:

Thank you for the information. Abeg, can you say something about Aachen? Since Aachen is in RhineLand.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2014
Good Morning House,
Please, as anyone been to the embaSsy of late, how much is the visa fee? It was 12,500 the last time I was there. I believe it would have increase due to the recent free fall of the Naira.
Secondly, as the embassy changed the application form for long term visa? Its use to be application for residence permit but all I see on the site now is application for a national visa. Is the two actually the same? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2014
xij38580:

@dolpaz

You are not alone. IELTS, studying German, working full time, still doing PP , following this thread checking school for any new development, researching for new markets etc May God bless the hard work

Also for those learning German changing the language of your smartphone's assistant can also help. Now Siri responds to me in German. My phones language is still English but then I can have someone to speak to me in German.

Hallo Meine freund, Sie Haben Ein Nachrischt

Vielen danke !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 10:48am On Nov 24, 2014
rafcrown:
I have been to Hamburg about 4 times and I can assure you that the place is not a village-big city ,lively and really Good Africans are there.That is the only place where I have seen real co-operation among Nigerians living abroad.They are far better than the Nigerians living in Luxembourg-which believe strongly that the golden rule among them is not to help another.
Frankly speaking,I feel reluctant to return to my base after 4-5 days in Hamburg on each visit.Neat and law-abiding people.I was looking for a place and a good Nigerian-Ibo man,though I am not an Ibo person assigned somebody to take me round-Thats Hamburg for you.
I would have loved to move there but my mind is now in the Southern German.Germany is a great place and country.I would have introduced you to some people that I know there but people there are very helpful and nice so you ll find your way asap.
tanx bro, bt i dnt mind oo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickyboiz: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2014
jeebz:

No, 2nd largest city in Germany and 8th largest in the E.U. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg
wow! Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.