Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884594 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
I see public forums like this are now governed like Kim jong-un's North Korea, If one expresses his basic right to freedom of speech within the ambits of the laws, his post will be hidden. Later we sit and criticise how overbearing our government is. Well that's a story for another day.

I will like to continue with my previous posts on what I have learnt from this journey to Deutschland. Today's issue will border on how to beat deadlines and how to write a good motivation letter in line with the format expected of you in Germany.

HOW TO BEAT YOUR DEADLINE.
You should already know that if you are still processing your visa when your school deadline for enrollment has long past, the embassy will DENY you visa even if you passed your interview successfully.
Now the question is "when should I start getting worried?" It will usually take 4-6 weeks (according to the embassy) to get your visa after interview. I have however seen 9 days or less than 4 weeks. I have also seen 12 weeks after interview! If your deadline for enrollment has long past after this period, you will not be accepted.

However, a caveat is there for students who are allowed to enroll virtually like TU Munich , I.e. online from Nigeria as against the physical presence in Germany.
Now, if you are only allowed to enroll only by your physical presence, what would you do, when time is against you? well I guess I should rephrase and ask, what precautions should I take so that I won't have to pray fearfully on all mountains hoping I beat the deadline miraculously?

Precautionary and Alternative Measures

1. Apply to as many schools as possible and use the first letter that comes your way to book for appointment. Don't wait for the hardcopy to arrive or other letters from other schools. Scan copies of your admission letter which the school will initially send to your email will be accepted and its not mandatory you resume at the school, whose letter you used to apply for visa. Your visa will bear the name of a school but am also 100% sure, you can in another school.

2. when you had done your interviews and your enrollment deadline is getting dangerously nigh, contact your SCHOOL (course coordinator) and not the embassy to help out. If your school AGREES to contact the aliens office, believe me, your visa will be ready in less than 5 working days after your school gets to work on your case, don't tell anyone!

3. If you feel your ADMISSION LETTER is coming at a dangerously late period but you are sure you will get it, or if you get it too late to meet up. Contact your school if they can help you with step two. If yes is their answer, continue with the appointment booking, if not certain, apply for a language school around your school or even your school's language school. However, while you are at it, make sure the language school meets the minimum requirements I stipulated in my previous post in page 362. But before you do that, make sure you also contacted your school if you can resume as a programme/guess student if you don't meet up with your enrollment. (This step however, is for those who are desperate to be in Deutschland.

4. Apply for Language school now (following all the rules I mentioned in pg 462, apply for a uni, when you are there already and your uni admission is ready and your school resumes, stroll into your school and do your enrollment. kapiche!

This should not be your bother if you can do your enrollment from Nigeria or if you got your admission letter early.

.............to be continued

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by PedigreeCity: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
Pls am new on this thread. I have finally concluded withing my heart to finaly relocate from Nigeria here to Germany for hustling. I need good people here to put me through as i know nothing about VISA procurement. Will be looking forward for the replies. Thanks...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
I know you won't stop on your quest on bringing innovative ideas of your research which of course will go a long way in helping german student visa applicant, thanks for your monumental discoveries, surely for every good work always come with a prosperous dividen, I laud your relentless effort, ofcourse after my discussion with you this afternoon I knew you will come up with something great, let's keep the thread alive, surely we shall keep sharing success stories by God's grace
Eke40seven:
I see public forums like this are now governed like Kim jong-un's North Korea, If one expresses his basic right to freedom of speech within the ambits of the laws, his post will be hidden. Later we sit and criticise how overbearing our government is. Well that's a story for another day.

I will like to continue with my previous posts on what I have learnt from this journey to Deutschland. Today's issue will border on how to beat deadlines and how to write a good motivation letter in line with the format expected of you in Germany.

HOW TO BEAT YOUR DEADLINE.
You should already know that if you are still processing your visa when your school deadline for enrollment has long past, the embassy will DENY you visa even if you passed your interview successfully.
Now the question is "when should I start getting worried?" It will usually take 4-6 weeks (according to the embassy) to get your visa after interview. I have however seen 9 days or less than 4 weeks. I have also seen 12 weeks after interview! If your deadline for enrollment has long past after this period, you will not be accepted.

However, a caveat is there for students who are allowed to enroll virtually like TU Munich , I.e. online from Nigeria as against the physical presence in Germany.
Now, if you are only allowed to enroll only by your physical presence, what would you do, when time is against you? well I guess I should rephrase and ask, what precautions should I take so that I won't have to pray fearfully on all mountains hoping I beat the deadline miraculously?

Precautionary and Alternative Measures

1. Apply to as many schools as possible and use the first letter that comes your way to book for appointment. Don't wait for the hardcopy to arrive or other letters from other schools. Scan copies of your admission letter which the school will initially send to your email will be accepted and its not mandatory you resume at the school, whose letter you used to apply for visa. Your visa will bear the name of a school but am also 100% sure, you can in another school.

2. when you had done your interviews and your enrollment deadline is getting dangerously nigh, contact your SCHOOL (course coordinator) and not the embassy to help out. If your school AGREES to contact the aliens office, believe me, your visa will be ready in less than 5 working days after your school gets to work on your case, don't tell anyone!

3. If you feel your ADMISSION LETTER is coming at a dangerously late period but you are sure you will get it, or if you get it too late to meet up. Contact your school if they can help you with step two. If yes is their answer, continue with the appointment booking, if not certain, apply for a language school around your school or even your school's language school. However, while you are at it, make sure the language school meets the minimum requirements I stipulated in my previous post in page 362. But before you do that, make sure you also contacted your school if you can resume as a programme/guess student if you don't meet up with your enrollment. (This step however, is for those who are desperate to be in Deutschland.

4. Apply for Language school now (following all the rules I mentioned in pg 362, apply for a uni, when you are there already and your uni admission is ready and your school resumes, stroll into your school and do your enrollment. kapiche!

This should not be your bother if you can do your enrollment from Nigeria or if you got your admission letter early.

.............to be continued

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2014
@hollaytan

Apologies for removing your reply to Obiwannn, nothing wrong with it but he does't deserve it.

The only reason why he is insulting people was simply because he was asked to read back few pages for answer to his question.

Insulting people willingly is what he enjoys and not just in this thread alone.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
justwise:
@hollaytan

Apologies for removing your reply to Obiwannn, nothing wrong with it but he does't deserve it.

The only reason why he is insulting people was simply because he was asked to read back few pages for answer to his question.

Insulting people willingly is what he enjoys and not just in this thread alone.

Jesus Christ!!! Justwise apologized ?

And who tell you Seun can't sell Nairaland? Lol

Happy Sunday to everyone; God bless our legal
hustles. Wishing visa hopefuls success and everyone
preparing for interview should read the way eke40seven
handled and kill his interview.... that was a brilliant one !

~ Sheyi

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
^^
Guy cool down joor. What's all this talk about being god. Local forum, then why are you here? Why not go to a forum that's not local. If it's easy to become a mod why don't you also become one!
Do you have any idea the amount of work this guy's do to make sure things go well for us here. Better give the guy some respect, he's doing his job.

Thank you once more to a brother here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmmm guy I believe its high time you simmer down, you don't have to complicate issues for urself, don't let anyone tag u for notoriety, learn to deal with situation with the contempt it deserves, even though the MODS are being skeptical about the rules of safeguarding the integrity of this forum, u don't have to use foul words againt them, Its a small world help could come from any horizon, the MODS are just doing what is right........
Obiwannn:

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Endico(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2014
How can somebody contact Global Shipping & Iyamah?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Endico(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2014
HOW CAN SOMEBODY CONTACT GLOBAL SHIPPING & IYAMAH?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
suxes2005:

Jesus Christ!!! Justwise apologized ?

And who tell you Seun can't sell Nairaland? Lol

Happy Sunday to everyone; God bless our legal
hustles. Wishing visa hopefuls success and everyone
preparing for interview should read the way eke40seven
handled and kill his interview.... that was a brilliant one !

~ Sheyi

You should rather be thankful that we have the likes of Justwise and many others on this Travel section. I can still vividly remember the loads of fraudsters that were on this travel section in the past few years. I hardly see their break light now. Face it: We need people to moderate this thread. And I find it difficult to see how he has misused his power, as some presumed.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hi all. I still dey o..I no fit forget this house. I would have a loved to say something about my experience so far but I cant say much I have been in and out of germany and now still away due to my exchange semester. I can say Finnish pple are friendly than Germans and far many people speak english in Finland compared to germany. Except that Finland is extremely colder and far more expensive than Germany. But I still will say I prefer Germany to Finland. All in all....really good experiences so far and as time flies cant believe I have already applied for my thesis for next semester. Goodluck to us all
And for those keeping the house alive....weldone

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
ganasy:
Hi all. I still dey o..I no fit forget this house.
Pls check ur email... I need to contct you urgently.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:21am On Dec 09, 2014
tmed1:

You should rather been thankful that we have the likes of Justwise and many others on this Travel section. I can still vividly remember the loads of fraudsters there were on this travel section in the past few years. I hardly see their break light now. Face it: We need people to moderate this thread. And I find it difficult to see how he has misused his power, as some presumed.

Sure thing bro. But there are some instances that
people just wish to discuss privately... It aint a crime
if you reason with me; yet Justwise won't allow such.

I won't blame him at all. I was only kidding with my
reply. He's so strong and I hardly read him apologize

Its all for the good of everybody and to stop any
form of scam.

~ Sheyi
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
hollaytan:
hello house, pls i will like to know if restricted admission is first come first serve?. I finished with 4.12 wch is equivalent to 1.68 on german scale, i sent all the required documents yestarday What are my chance of getting admission? I applied for biotechnology in FUAS and cottbus, microbiology in oldenburg, biochemistry in tubingen. Am a grad of microbiology. Pls am anticipating 4 ur apt response

@hollaytan...boss, kindly check your email pls. I sent u a pm. We really need to talk nd share ideals plz. Am also applying to all d schools u mentioned except FUAS. I look forward to read from u.

#Maximum Respect
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kkk sire
XpensiveT:

@hollaytan...boss, kindly check your email pls. I sent u a pm. We really need to talk nd share ideals plz. Am also applying to all d schools u mentioned except FUAS. I look forward to read from u.

#Maximum Respect
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hi guys, does anybody here go to otto von guericke here? That's university of Magdeburg Or applied there? Or has any info abt the school.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dcitizen: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
@kunlelikeme,

hope your study in Germany is going on smoothly? i will like you to provide me with a first hand information on the name of the institution in czech republic that accept hnd as an entry requirement for a master programme. i look forward to your response. all the best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 12:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Hello house please, have anyone applied for biotechnology and processing engineering in FUAS in the past and got admitted, I want to know the likely outcome of their decision about my application, I hold a bsc degree in microbiology with a very good grade and have got two recommendation letter frm two Dr. In my uni, wch I sent along with other required documents. Pls wat is my chance of gaining admission?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2014
………………… continued
Finally, here is last of the series of post I promised I was going to write, chance may not allow me contribute on a daily basis in the next few weeks or months so I had to fulfill this now.
LETTER OF MOTIVATION: DAAD AND GERMAN RECOMMENDED CONTENTS AND FORMAT
Thank God for the internet, just ‘type motivation letter’ on Goggle and in seconds you will have a million materials at your disposal, however, choosing the most appropriate becomes the problem or will I say evaluating all the contents on a point by point basis and selecting one which is short and simple. Those evaluating your letters have a lot to read and so they are only looking for some salient points in order to make their decisions. However, the mistake many make is that they dwell on a particular point and cover paper space that could have been used for other pertinent issues. This becomes boring for these guys, I can imagine the others on the panel dozing off and snoring over their Wurst and drinks before they even get to the middle of your page.
The recommendations are not exclusively mine but contain a synergy of what DAAD and also some top universities recommends.

FORMAT
Some write theirs like a standard letter as sampled below Format1
21 xxxxx street,
Postcode,
City, state,
Country.
Date.
Admission office/department/coordinator,
Department/course,
University.
Dear Sir/Madam,

MOTIVATION LETTER/LETTER OF MOTIVATION/STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Introduction
Contents
Conclusion
Yours faithfully
Name

Format 2:
MOTIVATION LETTER/LETTER OF MOTIVATION/STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Dear Sir and Madam,
Introduction
Contents
Conclusion
Yours faithfully
Name

For the INTRODUCTION, it is usually advisable you start with a hook or a story that will capture the attention of the readers, it would usually be a story that inspired your decision to take that course or be in that profession.
For example if the course you were going for is in music, your hook could go a little something like this;
" I have always had a strong connection with musical instruments from the first time I physically touched a piano at age 4, in my grandfather's house, I would play with it until i slept off on it, it was my favorite toy, it was interesting that unlike most toys, my love for them didn’t wane as I matured but became so strong. My talent was however brought to light when I played, my mother’s favorite song on her 40thbirthday to the delight of her friends and family and by that time I was already a skilled player in four musical instruments, I was age 12………..”

That above may not be absolutely typical but to give you an idea of what a hook should look like.
In countries like America, most schools will expect you to write a hook. It helps however to make your letter interesting whatever country your prospective school is. The alternative is just for you to dully go straight to the point in a businesslike manner and just state the reason for writing the letter.

For the CONTENTS, to make my work easier, I will cull this part from DAAD, with slight modifications here and there
“What is your professional goal? In which sector would you like to work after obtaining your Master’s degree?
In which way do you intend to contribute to the social, political or technical development of your home country once you are in a respective position? (You may refer to knowledge from books and newspapers as well as to your professional or personal experience. Some facts and figures are highly welcome.)
Why do you apply for the chosen Master’s programme? Which of the courses offered in this programme are particularly beneficial in pursuing your professional goals?
-Why do you think you are the right person for this programme?
- What knowledge and skills gathered in your previous education will be useful?
- Have you already gathered any relevant professional experience and/or as a member of any organization?
- How do you estimate your own personality? Do you think you are a good leader? Are you somebody who can make a difference? What makes you think so? (Emphasize your strong points, but be realistic.)
 Why do you want to study in Germany?
- What do you know about the German university system and the specifics of studying in Germany? Do you expect it to be different form studying at your home university? If so, in which way?
- Is there anything in Germany (society, political system, economy…) which you think could serve as a model for your own country?
- (For technical subjects) Is there any technology developed in Germany which you would like to apply in Nigeria? Which one exactly? Why?
- Are there any German organizations, institutions or companies you would like to visit or learn more about? Why?

Make sure your letter of motivation is well composed. First reflect on all the above questions, take notes, read more, discuss with friends. Then write an outline. Then write the text.
- Avoid all kind of platitudes, flowery phrases and flattery.
- Deal with your topics in a reflective and factual way. Do not campaign for your beliefs.

Your motivation letter should not be more than 2 pages for whatever reason.
Double check your grammar and spellings as wrong use of grammar and spellings will give a bad impression of your personality and may also rubbish your claims.

I think I have posted all I promised in my heart to post and given all that is necessary, every other thing will be repetitive but if anything pops up I will definitely add. What I certainly wanted to add was beyond this. I wish i could give you more tips about survival and student life in Germany but for now this is the bus stop. I will have to go and find myself a sponsor or the block account which is no where in view yet since I don’t trust my ‘former’ sponsor again for obvious reasons, and one is surrounded by a battalion of siblings in expensive unis, wealthy but unhelpful family members home and abroad that could get either of the two requirements by the click of their fingers, so, the fight is solely mine. Let my story inspire and motivate because there is no giving up until the last breath is drawn. Do your research, seek for counsel and be steadfast, this journey is worth it.
I will offer some time out of my ‘hustle’ schedule on weekends to review your motivation letters if you want, so, you can send me a PM but be warned, I can be harsh and thorough. So, if you are thin-skinned and a know-all, please don’t bother sending.

I shall write all you folks anon; for now, I go whither I shall find salvation. Ye see not the very last of this lad yet, mine presence shall hover around this land. Perchance when something new cometh forth, I shall give mine opinion.’
Fare thee well!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2014
hello chief; pls what course do u want to study at FUAS, i applied for msc biotechnology and processing engineering
Adexhat:

Hey bruder, good to know u're also heading to Flensburg Univ. just as i am. well as per d lang. requirement, i think d sch really meant a test score & not d letter unlike many other schs. I also submitted ielts score of 6.5 in my applicatn & i'll advise u to quickly register for one b4 its late. however, u may write ur prog coordinator to enquire if dt option is feasible.
Alles gute bruder
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2014
pls what course did you applied for then?
Dehonourable:
Guten Morgan

@ ALL dat wish to apply to the University of applied sciences Flensburg. I wish to inform u guys dat an "Attestation of English language proficiency" is acceptable OR a Toefl score 68 I think.

I once applied to d school last summer with the above mentioned letter & it was accepted. Pls, ensure u include a recommendation letters (2) from ur profs or Dr's.

Danke
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Hugo70(m): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Thanks, eke40seven. Point noted, good job.
Pls for all newbiez dat'll like to commend or thank eke40seven for his info, you don't need to quote him. Just mention his name n we will gat d msg. Pls let keep this thread short n simple. Pls let us avoid quoting a long write up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.