Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886098 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2013
newacca:
were u @ d Travelling to Canada thread?

Yeah.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah that is what he's doing and it's because the program isn't research-based.
Their e-mail addy sent an automated message of getting back to me in 3 days, the cell doesn't go. How did u get your notice? They won't rest tomorrow once I wake up!
The notice was sent via email.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pearl700(f): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hello everyone, please I really need your advice. I have a two weeks training to attend in Germany and I have booked an appointment. I would like to know how I can get a confirmed flight reservation for my visa interview. I tried booking with Lufthansa Airline but was asked to pay and I don't want to take the risk since am not sure of obtaining the visa. Please what should I do? I would also like to know if the tax clearance certificate is compulsory because I don't have it but my monthly tax deduction is stated in my pay slips.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
pearl700: Hello everyone, please I really need your advice. I have a two weeks training to attend in Germany and I have booked an appointment. I would like to know how I can get a confirmed flight reservation for my visa interview. I tried booking with Lufthansa Airline but was asked to pay and I don't want to take the risk since am not sure of obtaining the visa. Please what should I do? I would also like to know if the tax clearance certificate is compulsory because I don't have it but my monthly tax deduction is stated in my pay slips.
o

You can book the flight online yourself a day before your interview on Lufthansa website, with that you won't be required to pay any amount and it will be valid for 48 hours print the confirmation page of the flight reservation.. Are you the owner of the company and it the company the one sponsoring your trip to Germany? If not, you don't need a tax clearance certificate..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pearl700(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
la'success:
o

You can book the flight online yourself a day before your interview on Lufthansa website, with that you won't be required to pay any amount and it will be valid for 48 hours print the confirmation page of the flight reservation.. Are you the owner of the company and it the company the one sponsoring your trip to Germany? If not, you don't need a tax clearance certificate..
Thanks a lot. I will do just that. The company is not mine and isn't sponsoring my trip. I'm a civil servant. I just wanted to be really sure because tax clearance certificate is stated in the checklist. Thanks again.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
pearl700:
Thanks a lot. I will do just that. The company is not mine and isn't sponsoring my trip. I'm a civil servant. I just wanted to be really sure because tax clearance certificate is stated in the checklist. Thanks again.

But do you have the FIR tax identification card, you will include it.. You can go to FIR office to get one and since tax is been deduct from your salary which reflect on your statement of account/payslips.. You don't have any problem, beside you work for the government... Good Luck...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pearl700(f): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
la'success:

But do you have the FIR tax identification card, you will include it.. You can go to FIR office to get one and since tax is been deduct from your salary which reflect on your statement of account/payslips.. You don't have any problem, beside you work for the government... Good Luck...
I don't have that either. I don't know how easy it will be to obtain one but I will try. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by judeosakue: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2013
Gudmornin evribody, pls house
I am planning to apply for 2014 summer masters program at kaiserslautern university of technology and one of D document required is an health insurance certificate. I don't know if after the application d same cert could stil b useful and 4 how long and besides dat I don't know my chances of been admited. Pls house I nid u reply. Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2013
judeosakue: Gudmornin evribody, pls house
I am planning to apply for 2014 summer masters program at kaiserslautern university of technology and one of D document required is an health insurance certificate. I don't know if after the application d same cert could stil b useful and 4 how long and besides dat I don't know my chances of been admited. Pls house I nid u reply. Thank you
its preferable you get the health insurance cert in germany before u enrol for the program.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justmenoni: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Can anyone advise on any good and affordable hotel close to the german embassy? this will help alot of people who live far a way from VI and have early interview/appointment to make at the German Embassy,Lagos.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 10:56am On Jun 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah.
Ain't u going to Canada again or u are making this a Plan B? Any which way,I wish you good luck Bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wahabcoal(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
newacca:
Ain't u going to Canada again or u are making this a Plan B? Any which way,I wish you good luck Bro.
Bro, as if i knew the PM might not work, i sent you a PM, can i have your mail or number?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
newacca:

No, am going to Australia.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
Bwave:
The notice was sent via email.

Yeah mine came today. I am speaking on Friday by 4.40PM.All the best to us doing IETLS June 8.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
wahabcoal:
Bro, as if i knew the PM might not work, i sent you a PM, can i have your mail or number?
maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com

ferdimako:

No, am going to Australia.
Nice one bro. I wish u all d best. How far abt ur Aussie runs?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
newacca:
maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com

Nice one bro. I wish u all d best. How far abt ur Aussie runs?

Coming up fine..I can't stand Supervisor wahala of Canada.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
I have followed this thread for sometime now. Reading and reading all over till page 70. I do have some questions. And I hope someone will help in shedding more light on.
1. I want to write IELTS for august. Can I apply to uni assit or the schools without english prof.
2. Do u feel I can specifically write uni assit that I want a tuition free schools.
3. What ar the success rates of people with uni assit.
Please I need candid answers and just wished my questions r understood.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2013
Olly256: I have followed this thread for sometime now. Reading and reading all over till page 70. I do have some questions. And I hope someone will help in shedding more light on.
1. I want to write IELTS for august. Can I apply to uni assit or the schools without english prof.
2. Do u feel I can specifically write uni assit that I want a tuition free schools.
3. What ar the success rates of people with uni assit.
Please I need candid answers and just wished my questions r understood.

1. Yeah you will have to check on the school if they accept IELTS because UNI assist will not do that for you.Uni assist ist just a clearing house for the universities.

2.Uni assist cannot provide you will tuition free schools,You need to do your research.

3.So far your documents are complete,getting an admission is guaranteed.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 5:59am On Jun 04, 2013
justmenoni: Can anyone advise on any good and affordable hotel close to the german embassy? this will help alot of people who live far a way from VI and have early interview/appointment to make at the German Embassy,Lagos.

Lagos island or Obalende is where you could get a 5000 naira hotel and of course get a taxi to the embassy.Those locations are still not to far to the German embassy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by judeosakue: 8:28am On Jun 04, 2013
steelie: its preferable you get the health insurance cert in germany before u enrol for the program.

I am ask to add it to my application document
So I don't know if afta d application it culd still b useful
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2013
@godson201333. Thanks so much for your prompt answer.
But pls I do have another. I will like to know how I can pay uni assit from naija. I don't have anyone in germany. And I see options of paying at Wema bank plc. Can I pay in wema lagos address alone? And where do I get d form to pay.
Thanking you for answers.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by EEngineer1(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2013
For all those in germany please I would like to know the general attitude towards immigrants or blacks. 1. When walking on the streets on in a public transport, do people stare offensively or out of curiosity. 2. Do Germans make snide or racist remarks to blacks, are they approachable? 3. Are there cases of violence towards immigrants. 4. Is the student population very mixed or is it mainly white or german? The reason I am asking all these questions is because I hv been browsing on so many forums like justlanded.com, toytowngermany.com and I hv Seen so many complaints from foreigners living in germany about racism and xenophobia
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Olly256: @godson201333. Thanks so much for your prompt answer.
But pls I do have another. I will like to know how I can pay uni assit from naija. I don't have anyone in germany. And I see options of paying at Wema bank plc. Can I pay in wema lagos address alone? And where do I get d form to pay.

Yes but you must have a euro domiciliary account so that you can do foreign transfer.

Fees for University Applications

For one or the first of several applications citizens of countries outside the EU
(including citizens of the People’s Republic of China) are charged 68 euros

Citizens of EU member states are charged 43 euros

Fees for Applications for Several Universities 15 euros

For every additional application for admission to a further university

all applicants are charged per university

This applies even if this additional application is submitted at a later stage,
but still within the application deadline for the same term.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
E-Engineer:
For all those in germany please I would like to know the general attitude towards immigrants or blacks. 1. When walking on the streets on in a public transport, do people stare offensively or out of curiosity. 2. Do Germans make snide or racist remarks to blacks, are they approachable? 3. Are there cases of violence towards immigrants. 4. Is the student population very mixed or is it mainly white or german? The reason I am asking all these questions is because I hv been browsing on so many forums like justlanded.com, toytowngermany.com and I hv Seen so many complaints from foreigners living in germany about racism and xenophobia

Hmm Bro all i got to say is seeing is believing,Germans can be strict but friendly if you know what i mean.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
I will advice u to open a domiciliary account cos u will still need it if admitted to open block account.
If u stay in lagos and u are chance on saturday I can be of help.
Firstbank usually do saturday banking and u can initiate the transfer on saturday,by tuesday ur money will hit uni assist account.pls note am not an agent oh,am an applicant like u.just trying to be of help.
Olly256: @godson201333. Thanks so much for your prompt answer.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
futurewise11: I will advice u to open a domiciliary account cos u will still need it if admitted to open block account.
Firstbank usually do saturday banking and u can initiate the transfer on saturday,by tuesday ur money will hit uni assist account.pls note am not an agent oh,am an applicant like u.just trying to be of help.
futurewise11: I will advice u to open a domiciliary account cos u will still need it if admitted to open block account.

Thanks a lot futurewise11. i am happy to know i have a partner here(applicant stuff). firstly i am not in Lagos. I'm based in Ibadan. do i just walk into any first bank or just go and open a dorm. acct, also since you are an applicant too. how did u find the uni assit website. infact i just dont know, choosing school is so hard.(for me though). please i have another question. do i need to get my IELTS result before applying? because i'm writing that by august and just because of the deadline...i dont want to waste 68euro o. i understand your emphasies on the 'Agent stuff' naija don spoil but it is well. Thanks a heap.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 5:34am On Jun 05, 2013
Olly256:

Thanks a lot futurewise11. i am happy to know i have a partner here(applicant stuff). firstly i am not in Lagos. I'm based in Ibadan. do i just walk into any first bank or just go and open a dorm. acct, also since you are an applicant too. how did u find the uni assit website. infact i just dont know, choosing school is so hard.(for me though). please i have another question. do i need to get my IELTS result before applying? because i'm writing that by august and just because of the deadline...i dont want to waste 68euro o. i understand your emphasies on the 'Agent stuff' naija don spoil but it is well. Thanks a heap.

Lets see if i can help you out with some schools under uni assist,what do you wanna study and are you an under graduate?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2013
Godson201333:

Lets see if i can help you out with some schools under uni assist,what do you wanna study and are you an under graduate?
Godson201333:

Thanks Godson... yes i am going for my UG studies in Nursing/public health/social work any of these three is ok by me. considering the time i will have my IELTS i am thinking is it possible to gain admission this WS and postpone my resumption till SS thats march/april? i really apprecaite this.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2013
NOW WHATS ALL THESE AGAIN...SOMEONE SHOWED ME THIS LINK....@ALL DO U STILL RECOMMEND THE DORM ACCT HERE SHA?

According to our information you can transfer payments to the uni-assist bank account at Berliner Bank through several banks in Nigeria that have a corresponding bank in Germany. If you hand in your money order at one of these banks please make sure to indicate Berliner Bank via the correct corresponding bank in Germany. For a list of Nigerian banks and their German corresponding banks, please see the table below:

Bank in Nigeria Corresponding bank in Germany
Investment Banking & Trust Company Ltd., Lagos Commerzbank, FFM or Deutsche Bank, FFM
Oceanic Bank International Ltd., Lagos Deutsche Bank, FFM
United Bank for Africa Plc., Lagos Deutsche Bank, FFM
Wema Bank Ltd., Lagos BHF Bank, FFM
Unity Bank, Kana Commerzbank, FFM

Please fill in the transfer form as follows:

Benificiary: uni-assist e.V.
Account number: 523749001
Bank sort code: 100 708 48
Name of the bank: Berliner Bank
via Commerzbank, FFM or Deutsche Bank, FFM or BHF Bank, FFM*
International bank code: DE10100708480523749001
BIC/SWIFT-Code: DEUTDEDB110

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by somkwams(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2013
Pls I have a lil problem nd I hope I gt ansa's asap.
I have gotten admission in a german skul made payments 2 my blocked account nd scheduled a visa appointment.
Now as at yesterday 04-06-13 I went 4 collection @ d embassy @ VI nd my visa was rejected, with the reason "there are doubts on ur intents to study" I was adviced 2 apply 4 appeal which I av done . I was told d whole appeal process tks upto 2wks nd I reali nid a quick solution as my skul schedule starts by july 8.
Pls what do you advice I do?
I hope 4 replies d@ wud help ♏ε̲
Tanks sommy uwakwe..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by johnck(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
@somkwams

Are you going for a language course or what?...by the way, why is it that you have a new nairaland account
Re: German Embassy And Visa by somkwams(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
@ johnck. Yes a language course 1st .
Nd yes I just joined nairaland hope d@s not bad? angry@ johnck. Yes a language course 1st .
Nd yes I just joined nairaland hope d@s not bad?

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.