Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885981 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2013
Godson201333:

Yes request for a scan copy,How i wish you can speak German,You could have know your fate by calling them,but all the-same request for a scanned letter that the embassy need it already..

But really its still too early since they just stop receiving admissions on July 15,You might still need to give them Little time to process everything.

They actually stopped receiving on the 31st of may, and uni-assist sent my app to them since April . Am thinking of sending dem a mail in German using online translator, but the thing is they don't reply on time(8-11 days). Abi u fit help me rap dem 4 german language? *winks*
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2013
franklysco:

They actually stopped receiving on the 31st of may, and uni-assist sent my app to them since April . Am thinking of sending dem a mail in German using online translator, but the thing is they don't reply on time(8-11 days). Abi u fit help me rap dem 4 german language? *winks*

I think jane have diff application deadline for their courses because I kn some of their prog is july 15th but I keep askin dis guy the course he got admited into he didn't talk about the course so people don't be scared and expect the admission or rejectioon after two week of the deadline...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
franklysco:

Nope because they are gonna ask alot of questions,Just try to keep your fingers crossed and relaxed..You are gonna receive a good news.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
franklysco:
easyman, waiting is really frustrating, right? How many schools did you apply to? It seems you and I are in the same bus. I applied to 2 schools(OVGU magdeburg and universität leipzig) n no reponse from them yet. Am just wondering how late they can decide cos I just booked 4 sept 13th last night. God dey sha!
I'm in the same bus too. "THE WAITING BUS"
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
easyemman:
So frustrating blood. I applied 2 schools(Jena n Marburg), Jena says in 2weeks time and Marburg says mid Aug. I have re-scheduled my appointment date from 5th Aug.-4th Sept. I don start another application process and if nothing till end of august will start sending for summer semester.no time.
What course did u apply for in Marburg? I also applied there (Linguistics and Web Technology) and I called them yesterday and the guy that picked said by 15th August like u said.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
Good afternoon house, I know I haven't contributed to any discussion here BUT please someone should answer my question. Most times I ask questions and no one answers me BUT when people you know make comments everyone contributes, its not fair. Now my question is, Can a blocked account be opened in Germany and how can I go about it. Please answer me.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
nkenyy: Good afternoon house, I know I haven't contributed to any discussion here BUT please someone should answer my question. Most times I ask questions and no one answers me BUT when people you know make comments everyone contributes, its not fair. Now my question is, Can a blocked account be opened in Germany and how can I go about it. Please answer me.

Do you want to apply for student visa in Germany or why exactly do you want to open a Blocked account in Germany,Answer me then i will know what to tell you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
yuugo: @kelly4top i sent you a mail pls check ur email. reply pls its urgent.

Thabks.

PLEASE POST ALL UR MESSAGES HERE INSTEAD OF SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGE.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
kelly4top:

PLEASE POST ALL UR MESSAGES HERE INSTEAD OF SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Thanks for this!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
sammykunjas:
I'm in the same bus too. "THE WAITING BUS"
So what date did you book for an appointment?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
franklysco:
So what date did you book for an appointment?
I booked 26th August but if I don't hear from both universities by 16th or 17th August, I will cancel the appointment and Try and Reschedule.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by easyemman: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
sammykunjas:
What course did u apply for in Marburg? I also applied there (Linguistics and Web Technology) and I called them yesterday and the guy that picked said by 15th August like u said.
I applied International Development Studies. Yes mid Aug is what they said so let's expect positive news den.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Alison77: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
I went for interview on thursday and after the checking I was directed to where people going for short term will be interviewed and though I made it clear that was for long term visathats students visa but the man directed me to stay where the short term visa applicant await there interview.after spending almost 4hrs I was told dat I wasn't @ d right place to cut it short I wasn't interviewed. Now I've being trying to book for a date but seems hard.pls I need assistance.
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
sammykunjas:
I booked 26th August but if I don't hear from both universities by 16th or 17th August, I will cancel the appointment and Try and Reschedule.
Is 10 or 11 days enough to open a blocked account, considering your date with the VO?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Godson201333:

Do you want to apply for student visa in Germany or why exactly do you want to open a Blocked account in Germany,Answer me then i will know what to tell you!
@ Godson thanks, Yes its a student Visa for a Masters programme. Thanks for your response.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jambogini: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
please send copy of your motivational letter to my email shibarakudesu@gmail.com
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
franklysco:
Is 10 or 11 days enough to open a blocked account, considering your date with the VO?
Mehn...I know its not enough but I'm counting on this mail the embassy sent to me. look at Bold sentences.

Re: Blocked account
Inbox
x

Info-Mail <info@lago.diplo.de>
Jul 1

to me
Dear Sir,

thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the Consulate General can only certify your signature for the necessary opening of a blocked account if you already have the admission letter of the university (a pdf printout is sufficient), as a copy of the admission letter has to be forwarded to the bank with the application form and your passport copy.

As soon as you have submitted your application for the opening of a blocked account, you will receive a confirmation letter from the Consulate with which you can apply for your student visa.

I trust you find this information helpful. Attached please also find the checklist with further information concerning the opening of a blocked account.

Yours sincerely,

b.o.

Jassima Wortelkamp

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66
Fax: +234-1-280 99 69
Email: info@lago.diplo.de
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hi guys u guy are great here. kindly attend to me as well. I applied for undergraduate course at Rhein Waal and I'm almost sure to get admission. I have been talking with the international office. straight to the matter:
I have a naija residence (priest),in Germany, I also have a German citizen(senior citizen) who can sponsor me as soon as I get my letter. must these persons reside in the city where I'm offered admission? guys for now 1.8 no dey so I'm kinda planning with what I have hopefully with faith. the promiseres here in naija might switch off in critical times.
I need your advises, I don't wanna miss a step.
Thanks people.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
Alison77: I went for interview on thursday and after the checking I was directed to where people going for short term will be interviewed and though I made it clear that was for long term visathats students visa but the man directed me to stay where the short term visa applicant await there interview.after spending almost 4hrs I was told dat I wasn't @ d right place to cut it short I wasn't interviewed. Now I've being trying to book for a date but seems hard.pls I need assistance.
Thanks

Yes next time make sure you try to locate Reception and that's where ya gonna be interviewed for Long stay ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2013
nkenyy:
@ Godson thanks, Yes its a student Visa for a Masters programme. Thanks for your response.

Okay so you need to know that student visa can only be issued from your country and so every other necessary stuff needs to be done through German embassy in the country,Thats why either visiting,tourist,any short term visa can never be converted to student visa...So you can only open block account in your country and do everything in your country.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
sammykunjas:
Mehn...I know its not enough but I'm counting on this mail the embassy sent to me. look at Bold sentences.

Inbox
x

Jul 1

to me
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that the Consulate General can only certify your signature for the necessary opening of a blocked account if you already have the admission letter of the university (a pdf printout is sufficient), as a copy of the admission letter has to be forwarded to the bank with the application form and your passport copy.

As soon as you have submitted your application for the opening of a blocked account, you will receive a confirmation letter from the Consulate with which you can apply for your student visa.

I trust you find this information helpful. Attached please also find the checklist with further information concerning the opening of a blocked account.

Yours sincerely,

b.o.

Jassima Wortelkamp

Victoria Island, Lagos

even if u submit the form it will take sm time bfore the embassy will send u a confirmation as the account needs to be opened first
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ephraimspy: Hi guys u guy are great here. kindly attend to me as well. I applied for undergraduate course at Rhein Waal and I'm almost sure to get admission. I have been talking with the international office. straight to the matter:
I have a naija residence (priest),in Germany, I also have a German citizen(senior citizen) who can sponsor me as soon as I get my letter. must these persons reside in the city where I'm offered admission? guys for now 1.8 no dey so I'm kinda planning with what I have hopefully with faith. the promiseres here in naija might switch off in critical times.
I need your advises, I don't wanna miss a step.
Thanks people.

Yes Let any of those people get you Verpflichtung Erklarung ( Sponsorship Letter ) From Auslande Behorde and I wish you good luck....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
sammykunjas:

Inbox
x

Jul 1

to me
Dear Sir,

Yours sincerely,

b.o.

Jassima Wortelkamp

Victoria Island, Lagos

I see! God dey bro!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sasho9ja(m): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
I have read this thread from the first page to the very last page and im impressed with the DIY support offered here.
Pls can someone guide me on how i can secure a visa to Germany (just wanna visit to make inquiry about the auto market and probably make a few purchase). I searched for appointment dates, but none were available.

Regards!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:33am On Jul 21, 2013
sasho9ja: I have read this thread from the first page to the very last page and im impressed with the DIY support offered here.
Pls can someone guide me on how i can secure a visa to Germany (just wanna visit to make inquiry about the auto market and probably make a few purchase). I searched for appointment dates, but none were available.

Regards!

You just need to keep trying until you are able to secure an appointment date.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2013
Godson201333:

You just need to keep trying until you are able to secure an appointment date.
if it's visa for short term... you could use VIXEN
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2013
Godson201333:

Okay so you need to know that student visa can only be issued from your country and so every other necessary stuff needs to be done through German embassy in the country,Thats why either visiting,tourist,any short term visa can never be converted to student visa...So you can only open block account in your country and do everything in your country.
Thanks Godson, I truly appreciate.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
Good day gr8 pple.... Pls am new to in appying for studies abroad. I already apply for German laguage course in prepratn for normal studies which take a year. Pls I need your help. Am currently waiting for my offer letter from the university now.. Which I hope by God grace I will have it in two weeks time... But when I visited the Nigeria German embassy website.. I deduce that it take upto 2 to 3 month for the student visa processing as they wrote it there... So am now afriad that :
1. Can I still meet up with the time with visa processing? Because the course is starting dis winter semester { sep\oct}
2. What are the neccassry things I have to put in place now?
3. Can I secure for appointment pending till d tym I receive my offer letter?
4. In short pls help me through what I have to do now but pls note I already have someone in Germany dat is ready to secure me A SPONSORSHIP LETTER but he ask of me my copy of my offer letter to be use to get the letter out and also I want to know mayb is it possible to obtain the sponsorship letter pending till I receive the offer letter?. Pls I need ur help at all.. I don't want to miss any step in dis. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
Godson201333:

Yes Let any of those people get you Verpflichtung Erklarung ( Sponsorship Letter ) From Auslande Behorde and I wish you good luck....

does the "yes" mean they must come from the state I'm schooling or what. pls I need to know cox I have a plan of sorting accommodation myself when I get there. the German is from Osnabruck and the other naija Rev fr. I'm yet to confirm his current location. he have been in Germany over decades. my school is in kamp-lintfort.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Godson201333:

Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hello sir, pls wat are the likely interview questions.....tnx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ephraimspy:

does the "yes" mean they must come from the state I'm schooling or what. pls I need to know cox I have a plan of sorting accommodation myself when I get there. the German is from Osnabruck and the other naija Rev fr. I'm yet to confirm his current location. he have been in Germany over decades. my school is in kamp-lintfort.

They can actually come from any part of Germany but to be more convincing,It would be better you get admission into a school that is close to your sponsor!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.