Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Is Marriage For Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage For Me? (26450 Views)

So This Is Marriage? / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
You have three options to choose from:
1. Remain single.
2. Change your ways and improve your character.
3. Be prepared for a very turbulent marriage or failed marriage if you are not ready to change for the better.
No woman can cope with all that you listed above.

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Your dislike for sharing and your volcanic temperament are your major issues. You need to work on these before going into any marriage, otherwise you would just be punishing your spouse. If you cannot change, please remain single.
Punishing himself too. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Punishing himself too. undecided
Yup.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by chatinent: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Soon, I'll post my prewedding pics.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by faithfull18(f): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
You have three options to choose from:
1. Remain single.
2. Change your ways and improve your character.
3. Be prepared for a very turbulent marriage or failed marriage if you are not ready to change for the better.
No woman can cope with all that you listed above.
What's if it's a woman who is exactly like the OP

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Most women can easily work on themselves, whereas most men have a lot of ego. So if a lady is like the OP, there is hope of her working on her weaknesses.
faithfull18:

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. A marriage, friendship, and even family relationships rrequire that a transition be made from a wholly self-centered way of life to a one that accommodates at least another, both for establishment, and continued exitence of the relationship. undecided

I am not making any requirements on the OP, simply explaining to him that if a relationship with another human being is what he desires - not with a blowup doll or prostitute - then he needs to reevaluate his current lifestyle and make the necessary changes. undecided

His life style choices do not define who he is as an individual ... they are choices and choices can be unmade. undecided

2. There is indeed nothing wrong with not wanting to get married but here we have the OP wanting to and looking for how to make that happen given his current way of life and attitude. undecided

help me understand something:
A) there are many men like the OP who'd rather chop and clean mouth and have their own personal space than settle with ONE woman... why do you think the OP cant do exactly the same thing?

B) the man is telling us all what makes him happy in life and you guys are talking as if the dude is unhappy with his life.... instead of trying to change him, give him ways to live the life he desires while having women in his life....aka chop and clean mouth. just because marriage aint for him, doesnt mean he cant have women in his life.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

help me understand something:
A) there are many men like the OP who'd rather chop and clean mouth and have their own personal space than settle with ONE woman... why do you think the OP cant do exactly the same thing?

B) the man is telling us all what makes him happy in life and you guys are talking as if the dude is unhappy with his life.... instead of trying to change him, give him ways to live the life he desires while having women in his life....aka chop and clean mouth. just because marriage aint for him, doesnt mean he cant have women in his life.
A. OP is OP. Those others are not the OP.

B. No one here has said anything about OP being unhappy... we are simply telling him what he needs to consider before taking direct steps to cross the bridge he desires to cross so he does not get thrown over the side like so many before him. undecided

In life, change is constant. The life and way you live today may not exactly be the way you live tomorrow, why? Because life demands change - forced or chosen - and every change comes with a cost that must be paid or punishment for refusal. undecided

The OP desires marriage. It is his choice and his desire. It is possible if he is willing to let go of some of what he is holding on to now. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Most women can easily work on themselves, whereas most men have a lot of ego. So if a lady is like the OP, there is hope of her working on her weaknesses.
Egos aren't unique to men. It takes wisdom to be able to let go of that which is ultimately meaningless. undecided

The problem is wisdom/common sense dey scarce. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
faithfull18:

There are equally many women like the Op out there who like him who are not ready to let go in order to experience something new and different from that which they are used to. Some go as far as, like the Op, believing that which they hold on to defines them - which is not true by the way. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
Whatever your message means undecided . If you do not know that the average nigerian man/ African man has a degree of ego, and carries it around, then that's your ignorance to deal with.
Kobojunkie:
Ego are not unique to men. It takes wisdom to be able to let go of that which is ultimately meaningless. undecided

The problem is wisdom/common sense dey scarce. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Whatever your message means undecided . If you do not know that the average nigerian man/ African man has a degree of ego, and carries it around, then that's your ignorance to deal with.
The human ego is foolishness. undecided
It pretends thrives by holding on to the meaningless things of this here existence. When those things are lost to it, it grasps to find other meaningless things to latch on to. undecided
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A. OP is OP. Those others are not the OP.

so you automatically assumed that the OP is like you and not like these other people that live happily ever after unmarried?!

B. No one here has said anything about OP being unhappy... we are simply telling him what he needs to consider before taking direct steps to cross the bridge he desires to cross so he does not get thrown over the side like so many before him. undecided

the OP asked if marriage was for him.... and instead of answering the question, you guys are trying to change the man into who he isnt. lets accept WHO HE IS (aka nothing wrong with him) and take it from there, instead of talking about how/what/why he should change.

In life, change is constant. The life and way you live today may not exactly the way you live tomorrow, why? Because life demands changes - forced or chosen - and even change comes with a cost that must be paid or punishment for refusal. undecided

if/when that change comes we can discuss about it then....until then, this thread is about a certain type of man asking a simple question (unless you have a crystal ball)

The OP desires marriage. It is his choice and his desire. It is possible if he is willing to let go of some of what he is holding on to now. undecided

the man asked if marriage was for him, since he lives/desires a certain lifestyle.... that doesnt mean that he needs to get married...it just means that because everyone in Nigeria is going on about getting married, he asked if marriage was for him. a very simple question.
now, you guys are turning this into: lets change this happy man into a miserable man so that he can get married..... here is a clue: unless a man is happy, he can never make any woman happy. so he should be who he is regardless of what people think of his lifestyle. there are plenty of ways to live his lifestyle, have women in his life and continue be the man he is, living the life he desires.

6 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
so you automatically assumed that the OP is like you and not like these other people that live happily ever after unmarried?!

the OP asked if marriage was for him.... and instead of answering the question, you guys are trying to change the man into who he isnt. lets accept WHO HE IS (aka nothing wrong with him) and take it from there, instead of talking about how/what/why he should change.

if/when that change comes we can discuss about it then....until then, this thread is about a certain type of man asking a simple question (unless you have a crystal ball)

the man asked if marriage was for him, since he lives/desires a certain lifestyle.... that doesnt mean that he needs to get married...it just means that because everyone in Nigeria is going on about getting married, he asked if marriage was for him. a very simple question.
now, you guys are turning this into: lets change this happy man into a miserable man so that he can get married..... here is a clue: unless a man is happy, he can never make any woman happy. so he should be who he is regardless of what people think of his lifestyle. there are plenty of ways to live his lifestyle, have women in his life and continue be the man he is living the life he desires.
I get the sense you want to ignore the OP's own statements so you can argue about him instead.
zedegit:
They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?
NB: I respond well when a lady is good with sooting words and avoids arguments.
I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.
I think the temperament is choleric.
Please go back through the Op so we can both get on the same page cause I am not certain why this seems a lot about you and not about the OP. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by zedegit: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
tongue
MrBrownJay1:

now, you guys are turning this into: lets change this happy man into a miserable man so that he can get married..... here is a clue: unless a man is happy, he can never make any woman happy. so he should be who he is regardless of what people think of his lifestyle. there are plenty of ways to live his lifestyle, have women in his life and continue be the man he is, living the life he desires.

I am actually considering getting married despite who I am and considering if I can get an understanding woman.

Asking someone especially an adult to change is not easy especially as it concerns character and life choices.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
You're just like me, I don't like sharing things with people be it food, space or whatever.

I'll only get married because I am the only son of my parent, if I had a brother I wouldn't.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by wunmi590(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2021

Bro the only person you can marry is mannequin...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
zedegit:
tongue
I am actually considering getting married despite who I am and considering if I can get an understanding woman.

Asking someone especially an adult to change is not easy especially as it concerns character and life choices.
That is why it is wrong to think that because you are an adult, you should not change. undecided

Look around you and you will see that those who thrive are not those stuck in their ways but those who are fluid like water... able to quickly adapt when life calls for them to. They are more open-minded and able to bounce back from calamity better than those set in their ways. undecided

This game is life's, not yours. If you want something, you have to bend towards that which you want or you might end up breaking yourself. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by zedegit: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
theForth:
You're just like me, I don't like sharing things with people be it food, space or whatever.

I'll only get married because I am the only son of my parent, if I had a brother I wouldn't.

Really?
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
zedegit:

Really?

For real bro.

Right now I am very disinterested in relationships. Close to four ladies I could get down with, it's so obvious they like me when I am around them, they are not always in a hurry to leave, in fact i end the conversations first.

I don't know where this empathy comes from, I mean not to smash them and leave because I am not really interested in what's happening in their lives other than for them to spread their legs.

I'll only get married for kids, I'll provide for my family just as my dad did but to discuss about my life and shit to my wife, I don't see that happening.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Rubbiish(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2021
theForth:

For real bro.

Right now I am very disinterested in relationships. Close to four ladies I could get down with, it's so obvious they like me when I am around them, they are not always in a hurry to leave, in fact i end the conversations first.

I don't know where this empathy comes from, I mean not to smash them and leave because I am not really interested in what's happening in their lives other than for them to spread their legs.

I'll only get married for kids, I'll provide for my family just as my dad did but to discuss about my life and shit to my wife, I don't see that happening.
@bold don't worry...With time u will get use to her & even discuss more than your life with her. When u live in the same house with someone, it will only take some time to be comfortable around them.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Aurelius1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

with the character of the OP, marriage aint for him, and there is nothing wrong with that. why would you want him to transition from who he is to who he isnt (in order to fit into your marriage box)?. thats who he is, let anyone who come into his life understand and accept that.

there is nothing wrong with a man who doesnt want/need to get married.
Its okay if he doesn't want to get married but, by the time he gets to 65 years na then body go tell am say the life wey him dey live no normal. That was how an uncle of mine who had no wife and kids died. He was 66 years when he died. Before he died he suffered so much. When he was sick, there was nobody to take him to the hospital. It was the same mentality the op has that he had when he was younger. There was no help from anybody. No visitation, nothing. In fact, he died like a chicken and was buried like a rat.

9 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Truvelisback(m): 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
zedegit:
I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space.
I don't like sharing my things; I want my things to be as I kept them.

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I hate being manipulated. I hate the entitlement mentality of some women.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

Yes, just find someone is compactable with u.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Mendy101: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

No marriage is not for you
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Onyi22(f): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
You didn't say anything about your bank account balance undecided
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by enemyofprogress: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
This guy is exactly like oga Seun

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Lonelychild: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

I'll pass. I actually need help.
you forgot to add that you’re savage as well. See epic response
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by dennisedache: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
angry
zedegit:

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by juniorstar(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Lol..tot I was alone..was indoors for close to 2weeks working on my phone and system didn't step out until bae visited had to step out briefly to restock the house so I wont be disturbed..
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Sebastine1994(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
Guy your case is beyond human intervention
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Chigold101(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

The first sign of maturity is one's ability to adjust, learn, unlearn and relearn.

You can get married and have a beautiful home if you do what I wrote above.

5 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Goldenheart(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
People go just dey use maturity anyhow... grin
Una dey ment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men / Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding / My Girlfriend's Mother Just Aborted Our Four Months Old Pregnancy (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.