Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Is Marriage For Me? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage For Me? (26407 Views)

So This Is Marriage? / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:
I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space.
I don't like sharing my things; I want my things to be as I kept them.

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I hate being manipulated. I hate the entitlement mentality of some women.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

NB: I respond well when a lady is good with sooting words and avoids arguments.
I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

I think the temperament is choleric.
Welcome to the club we are in the Same shoe
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by lollybizzu(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

Work on yourself bro.

If you have a shitty behavior, deal with it because nobody likes shit. Not even you.

If you desire marriage, you must work on your behavior.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
efficiencie:

No marriage is not for you...you are worse than complicated math problems. By your own admission, you love intimacy but you are not the romantic type, how? How na? If you are not romantic what are you doing with intimacy? By your own admission, you like your space and detest sharing stuff but yet you love intimacy, how bros? How? How can you love intimacy and yet you don't like to share and you want your space? Being intimate with someone requires you to share somethings with that person. Things like your time, your living unit, your bedroom, your secrets, your fears, your fantasies, your ideas and so on. Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...If you want a woman you must be ready to change as much as you require her to change. Anything short of this arrangement would result in a taskmaster-slave relationship which will ultimately blow-up in your face!
sir some us don't want this marriage palava we just want to live in peace! Our problem only is family pressure

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Richy4:

There are some one out there for you buddy..all u have to do is communicate with her during courtship your likes and dislikes without pretense..

as for home management, all u have to do is get enough rooms say 2 bedrooms that have a connecting doors to each room.. one for you and one for your spouse.. anytime u want to meet, u go to her room or she come to yours so that she won't disturb your carefully planned life cheesy

As for having kids, I don't know how you will do or manage that considering your temperament.. Those bundle of joy sure knows how to bring out the best in every parent grin

Since you're an introvert, u also have to get a room known as your 'safe haven' oyibo call it study room ..(but it was all lies, they are not studying anything there it's a place to run into to avoid certain things.). they will tell their kids from onset that whenever daddy is there, no disturbance, no entry.. grin.. Carefully planned life requires money bro..
Lol you must be an introvert too to know this secret
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Solatium(m): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

There is nothing wrong with you
Don't worry it's just a matter of time you will see a woman that will break down your guard.

Just make sure you allow girls to come around you
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by emecheboy2(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Guy relax, men wey worse pass you in terms of all these your list still marry.
When the time is right, maybe in your mid or late thirties you go marry.
Just catch cruise for now.
zedegit:

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by prophetfire: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Bros you are my type. It hasn't been easy putting up with those people. I met one that was my type many years ago when I was still trying to stand on my feet and wasn't ready to settle down. Since then, I have been finding it difficult meeting one that I can manage. It's not easy man. Those people ehhh!!
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by ipswitch: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
In marriage, you must be able to accomodate. For temperament issues, you need help outside yourself, not within. Cos your babe may use your toothbrush one day.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Forget all these nonsense you post here. Nothing is wrong with you except that you're filled with ego and you're not ready to respect your emotions.
Until you can submit to your emotions, your life will remain in the dark.
If you like, continue thinking ill of yourself. I know deep down in your heart you long for love. You're just too scared and to proud to dive into it.
Try to let someone into your heart. Open up to her. And conquer the fear of being cheated on - there is devil in everyone but we still gonna walk into them because that's where the light is.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Solofresh2: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
OP if at all you need to marry, you must look for someone opposite of your behavior or else, you might not have a companion but a competition
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by AvalonSpace(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
Oga, forget marriage. You can't change all of a sudden! Allow someone's daughter go elsewhere.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Yes, it is. But when you are able to tame it, you become outstanding.

Tame your temper and you will see yourself as the most qualified candidate for marriage. You will be a "fo.ol" to many things. It is very hard to do. But if you can, hmmmmm. You are a mini god.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by goodjack(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
No my brother. Loneliness is for you. Your father wey born you behave like this. If him ask this mumu question, him for born you. Aboki.
Comot go find woman before conji go scatter your waist. Common put your something into another something in other to born children.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
emecheboy2:
Guy relax, men wey worse pass you in terms of all these your list still marry.
When the time is right, maybe in your mid or late thirties you go marry.
Just catch cruise for now.
And many of those married to them are unhappy in those marriages - we read of several of them here each day. Are you suggesting that the OP should settle for that kind of marriage instead of seeking something better than that? undecided
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Yes it's for you,what you need is compromise
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
uthlaw:
just let him know marriage is not for him!
Marriage can work for anyone willing to try it. If a Eunuch can make marriage work, why not this dude? undecided
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MMempire(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
efficiencie:

No marriage is not for you...you are worse than complicated math problems. By your own admission, you love intimacy but you are not the romantic type, how? How na? If you are not romantic what are you doing with intimacy? By your own admission, you like your space and detest sharing stuff but yet you love intimacy, how bros? How? How can you love intimacy and yet you don't like to share and you want your space? Being intimate with someone requires you to share somethings with that person. Things like your time, your living unit, your bedroom, your secrets, your fears, your fantasies, your ideas and so on. Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...If you want a woman you must be ready to change as much as you require her to change. Anything short of this arrangement would result in a taskmaster-slave relationship which will ultimately blow-up in your face!
Still laughing out loud. You be bros shaggi?
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Coldie(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
What's happening to you is one of the psychological effects of excessive or long term masturbation.

You begin to beleive you don't need women in your life
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Enskynelson(m): 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Stay away from marriage. No go bring person daughter into you molten magma. Enjoy your internal heat all by yourself. Marriage is not for you.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Vabama: 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Okay oo
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Frales6(f): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
You better swallow your pride and go look for woman. The exact way you want the woman you love to treat you, behave that way, if not, marriage is not for you. Weather you be choleric or phlegmatic, you can find love as long as you are ready to change some behavior, amend some and accept some. No go carry innocent girl keep for house they form boss for marriage, the girl go tear eye for your house and begin show you shege.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by PrinceGallant: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
You have never fallen in love. When you are in love, as in deep love, you become blind to all these principles you stated above. She will offend you, and you will still beg her to forgive you. When love descends on you, you become stupid.

I just advise you to marry the person you truly love so you can stay in marriage, if you marry just somebody, you may not see beautiful of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
He just needs to see the other side and just maybe.

Winneygirl:

I agree that we can improve on what we are. Be better as we mature. Be more sensitive, and more tolerant of other people as we age.
However, this OP declared himself 'a volcano waiting to erupt'. He has declared himself temperamental and very unwilling to share his personal space, his time or his resources, and did not display a willingness to change or improve.
No need to encourage him to marry anyone. Being alone suits him.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Cchuks27(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
same here. my peers are getting married in droves and I'm still single, thereby, adding some sort of psychological pressure on me.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by bigpicture001: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
Y worry urself of a partner is ur self love is 1000%....

Dey ur lane and stop disturbing us with write-ups
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by phenylalanine(m): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

U might not find your type and even if you find, it "might" be boring, you have to unlearn something, marriage is for those who are ready to tolerate and not for selfish ppl.. sometimes you have to look out for your partners needs when you have us pill up.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by alexvic12: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
Now that you have identified your problem, start seeking solutions.

Start learning how to live with people and to share your things with others....I didn't say basic stuff like towels, clothes, undies, brush, etc.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Winneygirl(f): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
SeriouslySense:
He just needs to see the other side and just maybe.

He can journey to see the other side alone. He shouldn't drag a woman along.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Neddyogu(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
[quote author=zedegit post=106016428] I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space.

I think the temperament is [b]choleric[/b].[/quote]

More like melancholy.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
You will find your type but make sure you don't plan to have kids. Your wife might give you the space you needs but your kids won't.
They will use crayons to redesign your house, scream in the middle of the night, drown your phone inside water, knock at your room door to report what a kid in the neighborhood did to them or a teacher in school or just to climb on you. They will change your laptop password and break your TV.
You can have your space with your spouse but when kids start coming, you are never ever going to have your space till they all grow and leave the house to you and your spouse again.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
You can't be single na,check ur monicker
obowunmi:

You aren’t ALONE bro. I’m RICH and Single.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Neddyogu(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
Enskynelson:

Stay away from marriage. No go bring person daughter into you molten magma. Enjoy your internal heat all by yourself. Marriage is not for you.

As per Las Palmas volcano. Waiting to erupt indeed. Na who Neva see wetin strong pass am be hardman ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja / “Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.