Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Is Marriage For Me? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage For Me? (26406 Views)

So This Is Marriage? / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by uthlaw: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. In marriage, two become one and so what is yours becomes her's as well. If you are not ready for that, you are not mature for marriage. undecided

2. If you cannot die to your ego and accept that the woman's voice and opinion is of equal importance as yours in the marriage, you are not mature for marriage...not ready. undecided

3. Being an introvert is not a problem but are you ready to be in doors 24/7 with someone probably always there with you? undecided

4. Women are not blow up dolls. They are human beings just like you and so you think of every... consider how finicky you are, a woman can also be that way too. So if you choose to remain selfish and self-centered, then you are not mature for marriage ...not ready. undecided
just let him know marriage is not for him!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Aidejay(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Marriage changes people.
You might find someone who you'll be willing to bend over back wards to change for.
When that person comes around you might find yourself shedding some of your self to accommodate them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Lovebliss2(f): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

I'll pass. I actually need help.

grin
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Olayetan(m): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:
I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space.
I don't like sharing my things; I want my things to be as I kept them.

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I hate being manipulated. I hate the entitlement mentality of some women.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

NB: I respond well when a lady is good with sooting words and avoids arguments.
I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

I think the temperament is choleric.

Then you will need a zombie lady, someone with dead brain that can be engined the way you want.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by evy800(f): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

That was a curve of the century

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
You will find your type but make sure you don't plan to have kids. Your wife might give you the space you needs but your kids won't.
They will use crayons to redesign your house, scream in the middle of the night, drown your phone inside water, knock at your room door to report what a kid in the neighborhood did to them or a teacher in school or just to climb on you. They will change your laptop password and break your TV.
You can have your space with your spouse but when kids start coming, you are never ever going to have your space till they all grow and leave the house to you and your spouse again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Olayetan:

Then you will need a zombie lady, someone with dead brain that can be engined the way you want.
Of course, his woman willhave a remote that controls her so that he can press any button he wants and she will follow the command. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by oglalasioux(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
It's good to know people like me are out there.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by franchasng: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

focus more on improving your finances, once you are settled financially, those your characters will automatically change.

Financial lack and difficulty sometimes make people stingy and introverted

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Godi25(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

U can be very jealous wen it comes to ur tins.
I understand u boss
Marriage is for u but e go hard if you don't adjust some of ur settings
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by 1sibeh0: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
GOOD AFTERNOON NAIRALANDERS;
SINGLE TWO[ODD ]+
STAKE 50K AND WIN #130,000
STAKE 100K AND WIN #260,000
WHATS-APP;
0 9 1 3 2 2 4 8 4 5 5

#PAYMENT AFTER #WINNING
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by obowunmi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

You aren’t ALONE bro. I’m RICH and Single.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by VULCAN(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
That is what she is saying.

A truly absurd perspective and a sign of narrow minded thinking

MrBrownJay1:

are you saying that everyone should get married, regardless of who they are (and/or that only immature people dont get married)?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by skuribeebo: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

You are just childish, selfish and very lazy.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Johel(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

You are me!!...just that I'm Darker...we will definitely find our match someday, someway,somehow...ladies desire to have weirdos like us,we don't chase,they come to us.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Antoeni(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
No marriage is not yet for you
Grow up, prepare your mind heart and soul
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by iconnecta(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
efficiencie:

No marriage is not for you...you are worse than complicated math problems. By your own admission, you love intimacy but you are not the romantic type, how? How na? If you are not romantic what are you doing with intimacy? By your own admission, you like your space and detest sharing stuff but yet you love intimacy, how bros? How? How can you love intimacy and yet you don't like to share and you want your space? Being intimate with someone requires you to share somethings with that person. Things like your time, your living unit, your bedroom, your secrets, your fears, your fantasies, your ideas and so on. [b]Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...[/b]If you want a woman you must be ready to change as much as you require her to change. Anything short of this arrangement would result in a taskmaster-slave relationship which will ultimately blow-up in your face!

Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...

chaiii grin
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by jclassiq(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

You need help to change your personality or help to find you a compatible woman?
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Prenonjebose: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
There is no ready made woman tailored for your temperament. If you find any that looks it, don't be deceived, she would surely expect you to make changes to your temperament and lifestyle. If you are ready to accommodate arguments no matter how sparse, and make other changes, then you are ready to marry.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Rubbiish(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Aurelius1:
Its okay if he doesn't want to get married but, by the time he gets to 65 years na then body go tell am say the life wey him dey live no normal. That was how an uncle of mine who had no wife and kids died. He was 66 years when he died. Before he died he suffered so much. When he was sick, there was nobody to take him to the hospital. It was the same mentality the op has that he had when he was younger. There was no help from anybody. No visitation, nothing. In fact, he died like a chicken and was buried like a rat.
Your uncle suffered before he died because he has no money, not because he didn't marry! When u grow old do u think your kids will be at home with u?? Won't they also get married & face their families? Most old people live with the young kids of their relatives to assist them, not with their biological kids!

9 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by femi4: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

You ve not found the one. When you do, you ll break all protocols
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Easy5265: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
There's you and I have similar personalities. I just found mine, and we've been 7months strong. Good luck finding yours
zedegit:

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
If you don't want to marry, its not compulsory. But if you want to have a family and you want to be in a relationship, i want you to begin to study family dynamic, and relationship dynamic to understand how beautiful it can be when its involve mature people. Also if you want that sort of thing, you will have to compromise and tone down your traits that do not favour a harmonious relationship.

But if you think its not for you, then it's okay, there is no compulsion.

I can relate because was like that, but i have realized, i want a family of my own, so i have identified my traits and studied myself to improve upon it.
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by neyobills: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
In my own humble opinion marriage is definitely not for you,to be honest you sound more like a narcissist,you would make a great career in the military unfortunately Nigeria has no plans for senior citizens wait till u get older then u will understand that u definitely can’t do everything on your own I can only hope it won’t be too late by then,then u would understand all the space and material things u cherished and never wanted to share with anyone were actually vain I remember a Yoruba parlance which says Eniyan l’aso Eniyan be guided.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Innobee99(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Ur father's house is ur calling till mama calls
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Benwallt(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Checkmate grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by columbus007(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Alot of these nlders are a bunch of junkies,respect people's opinion they will not hear undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Winneygirl(f): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Only you inside your personal space,
yet you are temperamental,
You are a volcano,
You are a hurricane,
You are a tornado,
You are a wild fire,
You are an earthquake,
You are not even romantic...
Therefore, marriage is not for you!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
Aidejay:
Marriage changes people.
You might find someone who you'll be willing to bend over back wards to change for.
When that person comes around you might find yourself shedding some of your self to accommodate them.
I disagree.... marriage does not change people, it simply sheds a clearer light on our true selves at the point of entry info marriage. undecided

If a person does not change willingly, no amount of gloss can make that happen. undecided
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
We can certainly control our temperaments, one just has to train oneself.
I always studied my traits to improve on them, certainly know myself and my weaknesses, i don't even like how i was before in been temperamental, also i have come to appreciate sharing, sharing also creates bonds.

I believe you can do so much better, it may depend on your end goals, and your persistence, don't let anyone tell you what you can be or cannot be, reach out, we will make mistakes but we also learn.

Winneygirl:

Only you inside your personal space,
yet you are temperamental,
You are a volcano,
You are a hurricane,
You are a tornado,
You are a wild fire,
You are an earthquake,
You are not even romantic...
Therefore, marriage is not for you!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
franchasng:
focus more on improving your finances, once you are settled financially, those your characters will automatically change.
Financial lack and difficult sometimes make people stingy and introverted
What? shocked
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Virusvetty: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
zedegit:

Oga anyone can become better
Try to change where necessary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men / Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.