Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? (24697 Views)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife / Pains Of A House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by PearlFid(f): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
I pity men who wants house wife, God was not mistaking when he created woman as help mate, do you know why men die earlier than women? Is because they do the work of two people, so if they are suppose to leave 90 years it will now reduce to 50-60 years.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lavylilly: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2021
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job

Yes, being a housewife is very stressful, :
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

For me, there are no DISADVANTAGES.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and be a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Housewives dey and housewives dey, abeg!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Candycrushy(f): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
tnerro1:
Self employed, so she can determine when she will be at home and when she is not.
God bless you dear
Been waiting for this response since

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by SonyaSpence: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Evangelynn:

No problem but nobody should lose themselves because they are living for their children you may not fully live for yourself but you shouldn't fully live for your children as well.A child can end up becoming an adult and discard all the upbringing he/she learnt hence why we learn,unlearn and relearn I know a lot of people that the way they are is completely different from the family they were raised in.It wasn't because their parents didn't have their time,they just grew up and chose something else.

True, it's a matter of doing one's best and leaving the rest. Though in most cases, children grow up to keep the values instilled in them while young.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
BiggyB242:

But the problem is over 80 per cent of Naija women will choose to be a housewife only a few really want to pursue a career, why do you think most ladies are looking for wealthy men in the first place?

As for me career woman or nothing, you don't know how relieved your financial burden will be. I have seen first-hand families and trust me the ones with a working class wife is far better.

Well...I can't say that it's up to 80%. Many ladies actually worK. In my previous office, we were like 12 ladies and 18 guys. And applications were from both sexes.

And some ladies don't do the office jobs but prefer to do their own thing like fashion designing, catering, baking, running restaurants,etc and they are doing well.

It's actually better for a wife to have an income as well; for herself and the family.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by BRATISLAVA: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

no one is blocking them from having them na.

Hallelujah!
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by BRATISLAVA: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
PearlFid:
I pity men who wants house wife, God was not mistaking when he created woman as help mate, do you know why men die earlier than women? Is because they do the work of two people, so if they are suppose to leave 90 years it will now reduce to 50-60 years.

Actually men are usually older than their wives, and that is why. If you tell them to marry their age mates, they prefer to be 40 and searching for a 20 year old girl to marry.

They aren't doing work for 2, otherwise they would be paid double. What is there to going to work like women also do? A lot of women are the ones holding up their houses, and they don't complain that they are working for two.

Too many people act like women don't do anything, even some brainwashed women.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Evangelynn(f): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
SonyaSpence:

True, it's a matter of doing one's best and leaving the rest. Though in most cases, children grow up to keep the values instilled in them while young.
Agreed
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Raalsalghul: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?

You have an archaic mentality.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?
Why shouldn't she work? why are you Nigerian scared of a Nigerian woman working? why? na wa o
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by captainbangz: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
I enjoyed the benefits of having a teacher as a mum ... I will like my children to. I want to have 'Okay' money, a class teacher as a wife, so she will always be with my shudren.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by vikstandon(m): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
House wife doesn't pay on the long run... Na u go complain when the load too much for ur body
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
cry As in ehn!!

My dad kept asking me if I was going to end up as a house wife before giving me money for jamb form. He said that if I end up as such, it is better he keeps the money and will be pained if such happens after training me to uni.

I respect housewives, because they do sacrifice a lot but it is not something I can do for a long time. I like working, earning and spending my money.

It's better to have an income. Being a housewife is not the best way to go.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Winneygirl:
Career biko.

No one was born into this world to be a spectator.
You can make something of your life.
People are talking about taking care of children. Children will grow up and leave the parents behind.
Children are not a retirement plan. Anyone thinking their children will "take care" of them in old age should ask themselves, "am I taking good care of my parents in their old age"? There are many retired parents who are still paying school fees for their children.
Do you know what the future even holds? Please build a source of income for yourself and your wife for old age. Your old age is only as sweet as your income at that time.

Career for both man and woman!!!
Are u a man? Let us answer In peace... No dey rush like period
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Quorax: 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
PearlFid:
I have told myself that I won't marry a housewife and I often avoid any girl that does not have any handwork. Nigerian men are too scared of working-class women.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
PearlFid:

How is the man doing the work of two people when they don't even help around the house? Women are the ones who do the bulk of child rearing, household chores and still work on top again as if they're robots. Society doesn't give women credit for being workhorses.

Men die earlier because they're reckless with their health. Drinking, smoking, terrible diet, multiple sexual partners etc all contribute to their death rates.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
lavylilly:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job

Yes, being a housewife is very stressful, :
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

For me, there are no DISADVANTAGES.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and be a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Housewives dey and housewives dey, abeg!!!

Wait, I don't get it. So, you had to copy, paste and plagiarize my comment without giving due credit? undecided

Do you know how many minutes of writing the comment took me?

Do you have no brains to conjure yours? Oh, I forgot sef, you plagiarize for a living. Better modify the comment and write the one your brain fit inspire your fingers to type, osiso!

Uchu. sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Gfskw: 12:01am On Sep 23, 2021
I want both who am I to fuvvvkk tradition up
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:
I prefare a beautiful house-wife.

Very beautiful and calm in nature.

Although I'm not married, I notice most housewives are promiscuous, why?
They are mostly idle.

Get someone that has her own interest instead, not one that only desires to please her husband
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 1:40am On Sep 23, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

Although I'm not married, I notice most housewives are promiscuous, why?
They are mostly idle.

Get someone that has her own interest instead, not one that only desires to please her husband

I understand your point in deeper level.

In Nigeria it's good to marry a career woman.

Just that, I see things differently.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by alloy123: 1:52am On Sep 23, 2021
i dont like full time house wife....i hate it with passion..the woman will rarely interact within the society but gossiping is sure for a full time house-wife and self-development will also decline as a full time house wife.Make she relate and gain more insight about the present-day world personally not watching of movies which in most cases cannot really present her with facts and realities.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 23, 2021
angry
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Probz(m): 3:39am On Sep 23, 2021
Career.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 3:45am On Sep 23, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

That's right, the only woman in my life is very much independent, she chose me herself and I couldn't resist cause she understands me a lot.
I am a bit cold and blunt, so choosing a woman for me as always been almost impossible, keeping one without her own interest will lead to quarrels, cause I got no time catching feelings

This days, you are lucky if you find a good woman.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:

This day, you are lucky if you find a good woman.

Sometimes, what you need comes to you, lol.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Bunmhi(f): 4:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Career woman, buh the job should be flexible. With that they'll be able to pull resources together
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lavylilly: 4:49am On Sep 23, 2021
captainbangz:
I enjoyed the benefits of having a teacher as a mum ... I will like my children to. I want to have 'Okay' money, a class teacher as a wife, so she will always be with my shudren.
Check the tea hers thread on the job section
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lavylilly: 4:51am On Sep 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Wait, I don't get it. So, you had to copy, paste and plagiarize my comment without giving due credit? undecided

Do you know how many minutes of writing the comment took me?

Do you have no brains to conjure yours? Oh, I forgot sef, you plagiarize for a living. Better modify the comment and write the one your brain fit inspire your fingers to type, osiso!

Uchu. sad
send me a mail lovelyakpe@gmail.com. We have an unfinished business.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Gudguyonly: 5:51am On Sep 23, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
I believe that if a couple wants to have a family, one of them should sacrifice to being at home
Thank God for remote jobs and small businesses..there are too many rude and wayward children because of negligent parents
I know times are hard but many of us turned out okay because of attentive parenting

Thank you for this statement.

Its all about sacrifice. Nowadays you can earn more woth remote job than regular Job. I can't just trust nanny with my kids.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 6:06am On Sep 23, 2021
RenerdsMedia:

Sometimes, what you need comes to you, lol.

Just that Nigeria women are too promiscuous.

Marrying a Nigeria woman, is like marrying problems to ones life.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:

Just that Nigeria women are too promiscuous.

Marrying a Nigeria woman, is like marrying problems to ones life.

That's right too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

40 Years Old, No Job, No Skill And Only Had SSCE / 3 Missing Women Found Alive After 10 Years / I Need Me A Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.