Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? (24701 Views)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife / Pains Of A House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2021
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmm

I was just discussing this afternoon that every choice has an opportunity cost.

There are down sides to both models of full-time working wife (Lagos style) and an housewife.

Also, why is the woman a housewife? To care for the kids till nursery school? Changes in their lifestyle that she needs to stay home a bit? Not willing to work? Unable to get a job? Wants to go back to school? The husband has a job they move alot?

Can the family afford it?

At this rate, it is choose your poison or mix them both at some point.

One can also explore a full-time working wife who only faces the kids while there are helps to do almost everything else.

It is well.

The only time a full time working wife wld make sense is if she hires a godsend as a nanny. The ones that fear God are hard to find nowadays

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lordally(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Kendudu007:
as long as she is not aiming for promotion or salary increment from one weyrey....and she is not receiving any form of query or warning letter for late coming lol bros a business woman is different from a career woman.

They are not different. As a career woman aims to move up the career ladder which also comes with salary increment the same goes for the business woman who aims to increase her sales and also expand her business(es) see my brother , it wouldn't be a crime if one marries a woman who as the husband moves up the career ladder in his field , she also either as a worker , moves up the career ladder of her own field or as a business woman she manages her business well and also expands.

Such women commands respect from both the husband and the in-laws. I would suggest that you go out more and get close to people in the corporate world and you would understand what I mean. In 2015 I did my 6 months IT in NNPC HEADQUARTERS IN ABUJA and I nearly went mad! Omo you would see women in Strategic offices and you go dey envy their husbands. My ex GF studied petroleum engineering and made a massive first class where boys where in majority. She even got a placement with Chevron or so in Porthacourt self but she didn't take it. In 2020 I went to a Tech bootcamp in Lagos and I saw ladies there doing good Omo see ehn e get some kind girls you go see wey dey do things for your field and you'll be intimidated!! And I love that.

My aunt is a Magistrate and sometimes the husband comes to court just to watch her give judgement on cases and in head go just dey swell anyhow! While in the other hand, my uncle married a wife wey no dey do anything its now after 3 kids that she's now learning how to sew clothes. The man doesn't even have respect for her. He bleeps other girls and does crazy things. So tell me, assuming the woman on her own had her shits together before going into marriage you think the man go dey do am like that No way!!! Omo she go just pack her children comot for the marriage!

When you see a woman in business doing well , managing her business very well and looking for ways to expand Omo she COMMANDS RESPECT from her husband and male folks anywhere! And let me just tell you, MEN DEY LOOK FACE BEFORE THEY FOLLOW ANY BABE TALK RUBBISH!

BRO, THERE ARE WOMEN DOING AMAZING THINGS, SOME IN BUSINESS AND SOME IN CAREERS.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Snitch24(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:

My brother
If you are heavily loaded with c$sh, you will not be looking for a career woman.

If you truly love your woman dearly
You no go like make she dey depend on you 100%
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by TheGift: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2021
We assume too much.

What if your Wife is a boss or in senior Leadership?

What if you the husband falls ill or gets laid off, that means your family will be in deep shit.

Men who don’t want Women to have their own careers , whether as workers or entrepreneur are insecure and foolish.

And the quality of their children’s life will be stunted as there will be only so much their wife can teach them or contribute.

My perfect preference is a Woman that works and has time for Her home.

Stop frustrating your Wives as you will only end up frustrating your life.

She is an individual created by God with a God given purpose. Let Her be as it will still take two people to become one!

JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by lavylilly: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Snitch24:

undecided
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Snitch24:

If any sane man wants to marry a Nigeria woman, he better marry a career woman.

As for me, I no get time for more Nigeria trouble (women)

Me and Nigeria women no rhyme

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:

This days, you are lucky if you find a good woman.

If you're a genuinely good man yourself then you would have no problems with women gravitating towards you. Men keep saying no good women this, no good women that without self-assessing themselves. This is how I know your definition of a good woman is someone who is a doormat.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by captainbangz: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2021
lavylilly:
Check the tea hers thread on the job section
lol...that should be when the time is right.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2021
lavylilly:
send me a mail lovelyakpe@gmail.com. We have an unfinished business.

undecided
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hyerin:

If you're a genuinely good man yourself then you would have no problems with women gravitating towards you. Men keep saying no good women this, no good women that without self-assessing themselves. This is how I know your definition of a good woman is someone who is a doormat.

No good woman
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2021
Lostchild:

No good woman

If there are no good women, I suggest you be with your fellow men then.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lostchild(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hyerin:

If there are no good women, I suggest you be with your fellow men then.

I will manage

BAD one.

Only bad women everywhere
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by alexola20(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
I don’t only give peace,I give my best and put my all and all.
Hyerin:

Will you be a man that gives his wife peace at home?
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
alexola20:
I don’t only give peace,I give my best and put my all and all.

Are you also Faithful? Helpful? Empathic? Caring? Kind? Thoughtful? If you have these qualities then you have nothing to worry about. Men who chant they want the wife to bring "peace" often won't create an environment for the so-called peace to reign. They will cheat, be disrespectful, callous and not help around the house. How can peace reign in such environment? Peace has become a code word for doormat in which the man has liberty to do whatever he wants without questioning
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
[quote author=PearlFid post=106078189]I pity men who wants house wife, God was not mistaking when he created woman as help mate, do you know why men die earlier than women? Is because they do the work of two people, so if they are suppose to leave 90 years it will now reduce to 50-60 years.[/quote
MUMU
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by WudBMother: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Sequel to this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/6765187/careers-women-turn-off-man#106048053

I think a married woman should not have to work. Your wife stands to be treated as a subordinate and even disrespected by her bosses. Some may try to make advances. A man should make enough money to a point that his wife does not have to work too.

What do you think ?

But the man can be disrespected?
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by alexola20(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
I’m not perfect but I gave almost all that you mentioned.
Hyerin:

Are you also Faithful? Helpful? Empathic? Caring? Kind? Thoughtful? If you have these qualities then you have nothing to worry about. Men who chant they want the wife to bring "peace" often won't create an environment for the so-called peace to reign. They will cheat, be disrespectful, callous and not help around the house. How can peace reign in such environment? Peace has become a code word for doormat in which the man has liberty to do whatever he wants without questioning
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
Lindajames1010:
OP is saying the same thing my dad told my step mum few years ago .....
He was like wife are not suppose to work the only thing wife should do is cook, clean up the house and take care of the children ....I was shock at thet statement ..... because my dad was the only one doing all d hustle to feed the family he never agree to invest in he's wife's as at then...but right now he's depending on both my mum and my step mum for most financial assistance....
If he had invested on both wife earlier things will be more okay that it is now....

So I think career wife is okay but she should not be too focused on her job alone .
Is he sick or what quick recovery
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
I believe that if a couple wants to have a family, one of them should sacrifice to being at home
Thank God for remote jobs and small businesses..there are too many rude and wayward children because of negligent parents
I know times are hard but many of us turned out okay because of attentive parenting
True
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Dagelv: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
That shouldn't be the question of money but the matter of self-realisation. I would like to have a career woman because it will be always interesting to talk to her and discuss something. I don't find common language with people who sit at home all day long doing nothing. I want to live with an interesting person with her own opinion and it is possible if she has certain ambitions and goals.
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by OBTOREPA(m): 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Evangelynn:

Hopefully you will contribute to the peace and not make her life stressful

I'm a peace ambassador
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by OBTOREPA(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Evangelynn:

Hopefully you will contribute to the peace and not make her life stressful

Are you available?
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Lindajames1010: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is he sick or what quick recovery
no o
Re: Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2021
Doesn't matter to me, as long as she's financially independent (with very high financial IQ)...

If she can make ENOUGH money from home, then that's fine if not, she's going out to work...

I honestly can not understand why a woman who went to school, is physically and mentally awk, will even consider the notion of being jobless (the cute name for being a house wife)...

A woman who doesn't make money in this 21st is considered a VERY BIG LIABILITY, gone are the days when it was man's sole responsibility to fend for the home...

You as a woman who wants to be a house wife, what'll happen when your husband loses his job or if he dies?? And worse worse your in-laws no come like you ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Missing Women Found Alive After 10 Years / As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? / 40 Years Old, No Job, No Skill And Only Had SSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.