Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine (75726 Views)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
soojar:

I have read your comment again "in slow motion", this is what you wrote "You are definitely referring to other people not Deeper Life members. We (except a few) follow and live by the teachings of Christ Jesus"

And I said sir, speak for yourself and don't use the word WE, that a few you said is actually a fallacy. A lot of so called christians including deeper lifers (which you might be one yourself) are hyprocrites hiding under the garment of denomination and doctrines but are wolves in sheep's clothing.

I think you understand me now sir?
That statement was actually in response to a comment from a particular fault finder. I may not know everyone but I know myself and I know a lot of Deeper Life members and other true Christians. But why are you interested in judging people you don't even know as hypocrites? Is it to show your hatred and stereotype mindset about Deeper Lifers and other Christians, to feel good about yourself by putting down others, to show that you are better or to show you and them are all the same?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
That statement was actually in response to a comment from a particular fault finder. I may not know everyone but I know myself and I know a lot of Deeper Life members and other true Christians. But why are you interested in judging people you don't even know as hypocrites? Is it to show your hatred and stereotype mindset about Deeper Lifers and other Christians, to feel good about yourself by putting down others, to show that you are better or to show you and them are all the same?
Interesting claim! undecided

Do you not regard Kumuyi as your teacher and father-in-the-lord like the others? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim! undecided

Do you not regard Kumuyi as your teacher and father-in-the-lord like the others? undecided
Mr Kumuyi hater, please will you allow the person quoted to respond? Are you are paid to rubbish pastor Kumuyi or what exactly is your interest that you are taking your hatred for him to this ridiculous extent?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Mr Kumuyi hater, please will you allow the person quoted to respond? Are you are paid to rubbish pastor Kumuyi or what exactly is your interest that you are taking your hatred for him to this ridiculous extent?
I don't hate Kumuyi - I have no real opinion of him as an individual- I simply hate the lies he has told to deceiving people, away from following God’s Truth,
in the name of God. Jesus Christ warned His followers against preaching doctrines and traditions of men which He warned were lies and an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Back to the question .... you claim to be a true Christian and I asked.... Do you not regard Kumuyi as your teacher and father-in-the-lord like the others? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Cowbell521: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2021
philiancoop:

I tell you my brother. More money to the givers.
The irony actually is that a few years ago, I could swear on my balls that a deeper life pastor in one STS will preach about the extravagant and "for show" life of a pastor that did the same. Because a Limousine is obviously only needed when you want to show off affluence. It's not more convenient in function. It makes only one statement: We have money.

While I actually think showing off God's goodness, wisdom and grace is what we are here to do, the church had taken a contrary stand and built a followership from that.
Funniest thing be say, na even airpeace get D Limousine. Na weytin dem they take pickup VIP 4rm Tamac. But weytin u want people wey never enter airport b4 talk?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't hate Kumuyi - I have no real opinion of him as an individual- I simply hate the lies he has told to deceiving people, away from following God’s Truth,
in the name of God. Jesus Christ warned His followers against preaching doctrines and traditions of men which He warned were lies and an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Back to the question .... you claim to be a true Christian and I asked.... Do you not regard Kumuyi as your teacher and father-in-the-lord like the others? undecided
Pastor William Kumuyi is my teacher, mentor and spiritual father in the Lord. Infact, after I became born again, I decided to become a member of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry chiefly because of pastor Kumuyi's integrity, scandal free life, wonderful Bible based teachings and consistency over the decades. The criticism of him being an extremist enderred me more to like him. I saw him rather as a non conformist. Agreed that "in every twelve, there must be a Judas", however the terrible things propagated against Deeper Life members did not in any way dissuade me either because I saw through those accusations as fueled by prejudice and stereotype as well as this 'they think they are better than others' syndrome. Who is your own teacher, mentor and father in the Lord sir?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Pastor William Kumuyi is my teacher, mentor and spiritual father in the Lord. Infact, after I became born again, I decided to become a member of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry chiefly because of pastor Kumuyi's integrity, scandal free life, wonderful Bible based teachings and consistency over the decades. ... Who is your own teacher, mentor and father in the Lord sir?
Then it seems you are not indeed a true Christian. undecided
8But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
9 And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven.
10 And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
True Christians have only one Teacher, Jesus Christ, and only one Father in the Kingdom of God. undecided

This in line with God's own declaration through His prophets
31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cowbell521:
Funniest thing be say, na even airpeace get D Limousine. Na weytin dem they take pickup VIP 4rm Tamac. But weytin u want people wey never enter airport b4 talk?
Don't mind the haters. If he enters a poor rickety vehicle, they relish in calling his members 'poor', if he enters an expensive vehicle, they criticize. By the way, should pastor Kumuyi go to meet the Lord today, what kind of vehicle do the critics think would be used to convey his remains? A limousine or something more expensive I guess. Would they rather prefer he enters an expensive vehicle as a corpse or when alive?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Then it seems you are not indeed a true Christian. undecided
True Christians have only one Teacher, Jesus Christ, and only one Father in the Kingdom of God. undecided

This in line with God's own declaration through His prophets
Sobs, sobs, sobs. Huuh, huuh! Can you hear me crying? An ignorant fellow said I am not a Christian, so that changes my status before God and men who know me! Hehehe! Utter Rubbish!! As for the issue of having only one teacher, are you not ignorant? Read Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors after my heart, which shall FEED you with KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING (That is TEACHING right there to be done by spiritual leaders of the faith). Read also Matthew 28:18-20. "Go ye into all the nations and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, Amen". The TEACHING is to be done by people called TEACHERS of the word of God. As for calling someone my father in the faith, please read 1st Corinthians 4:15 "For though you have many instructors (TEACHERS) in Christ, yet have not many FATHERS: for in Christ Jesus, I have BEGOTTEN you through the gospel". Paul the apostle said he was a FATHER (of faith) to the Corinthian Christians, and he wrote through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God never contradicted him. You are really ignorant with your one-sided knowledge of the Scriptures, aren't you?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Sobs, sobs, sobs. Huuh, huuh! Can you hear me crying? An ignorant fellow said I am not a Christian, so that changes my status before God and men who know me! Hehehe! Utter Rubbish!! As for the issue of having only one teacher, are you not ignorant? Read Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors after my heart, which shall FEED you with KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING (That is TEACHING right there to be done by spiritual leaders of the faith). Read also Matthew 28:18-20. "Go ye into all the nations and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, Amen". As for calling someone my father in the faith, please read 1st Corinthians 4:15 "For though you have many instructors (TEACHERS) in Christ, yet have not many FATHERS: for in Christ Jesus, I have BEGOTTEN you through the gospel". Paul the apostle said he was a FATHER (of faith) to the Corinthian Christians, and he wrote through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God never contradicted him. You are really ignorant with your one-sided knowledge of the Scriptures, aren't you?
You said you were a True Christian, if you were, you would have noticed that Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34, was God making a declaration in reference to His New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God - The one who is Master over all those who claim to be True Christians. undecided

Now, according to the Law and Master, He, Jesus Christ, alone is Teacher, Master, Shepherd, Head, Authority, Helper, etc. Over all those who belong to Him. So anyone who is truly His has no other but Him as all of the above. So when you declared earlier that you have another teacher and father,what you in fact said is that you don't belong to Jesus Christ .I.e. are not in fact a true Christian. undecided

As for what is written in Matthew 28 vs 18 - 20, those who are followers of Jesus Christ are sent out to teach those in the world - non-followers - the very same Gospel the Kingdom of God which He, Jesus Christ, taught to us. Essentially, we are sent out as teachers to those who are in the world and not called to teach any of those who belong to Jesus Christ. Only Jesus Christ is Teacher to those who belong to Him. undecided

So again, when you say you have a man as your teacher and father, what you in fact admitting to is that you are of the world and it's way and not of Jesus Christ hence you cannot be a true Christian. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Sobs, sobs, sobs. Huuh, huuh! Can you hear me crying? An ignorant fellow said I am not a Christian, so that changes my status before God and men who know me! Hehehe! Utter Rubbish!! As for the issue of having only one teacher, are you not ignorant? Read Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors after my heart, which shall FEED you with KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING (That is TEACHING right there to be done by spiritual leaders of the faith). Read also Matthew 28:18-20. "Go ye into all the nations and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: TEACHING them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, Amen". The TEACHING is to be done by people called TEACHERS of the word of God. As for calling someone my father in the faith, please read 1st Corinthians 4:15 "For though you have many instructors (TEACHERS) in Christ, yet have not many FATHERS: for in Christ Jesus, I have BEGOTTEN you through the gospel". Paul the apostle said he was a FATHER (of faith) to the Corinthian Christians, and he wrote through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God never contradicted him. You are really ignorant with your one-sided knowledge of the Scriptures, aren't you?
Remember, Jesus Christ can't lie! Then it seems you are not indeed a true Christian. undecided
8But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
9 And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven.
10 And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10

Only men lie!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by soojar(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:

None of the above sir, But just to let you know that your statement that many of you (Deeper lifers/christians) are following the tenets of Jesus just because you are a member of a particular denomination or because you carry bible to go to church everyday is a fallacy. I repeat If you are a true christian then speak for yourself, You can't even speak for your family not to talk of your local assembly, I don't even want to go to worldwide.

I did not lay any claim to who I am, that is between me and my God, same should be for you. A lot of deeper lifers and so called christians are Hypocrites.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by philiancoop(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
It's not as if @Kobojunkie doesn't know this fact. It appears he is only interested in rubbishing the image of pastor Kumuyi so that people will classify him among those pastors who are getting rich at the expense of their members. I suppose he has heard a lot of good said about pastor Kumuyi which he is not happy about. This limousine stuff seems to be an opportunity for him to have his pound of flesh.

We should just be objective and address issues not sentiments
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
soojar:

None of the above sir, But just to let you know that your statement that many of you (Deeper lifers/christians) are following the tenets of Jesus just because you are a member of a particular denomination or because you carry bible to go to church everyday is a fallacy. I repeat If you are a true christian then speak for yourself, You can't even speak for your family not to talk of your local assembly, I don't even want to go to worldwide.

I did not lay any claim to who I am, that is between me and my God, same should be for you. A lot of deeper lifers and so called christians are Hypocrites.
If that makes you happy.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Remember, Jesus Christ can't lie! Then it seems you are not indeed a true Christian. undecided

Only men lie!
You can stick to your indoctrination and dogma. That is your cup of tea. My arguing with someone, who from every indication is not born again, on whether I am a Christian or not, is a waste of time. And if your target is to rubbish pastor Kumuyi and people like me, so that the reading public will see you as the authentic Christian and accept your indoctrination and dogma, it is left for them. I believe the readers are wise enough. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You can stick to your indoctrination and dogma. That is your cup of tea. My arguing with someone, who from every indication is not born again, on whether I am a Christian or not, is a waste of time. And if your target is to rubbish pastor Kumuyi and people like me, so that the reading public will see you as the authentic Christian and accept your indoctrination and dogma, it is left for them. I believe the readers are wise enough. Thanks.
First of all, all I have informed you of is what is written right there in your own Bible so how could it be "indoctrination" if it is according to the Truth of God Himself, Jesus Christ - just as He taught and said it ought to be? undecided

And Jesus Christ said that those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25. Jesus Christ was clear that His friends are those who do as He says/commands - John 15 vs 14, implying that those who refuse to do what He commands are His enemies. He also stated that those who refuse to submit to and obey His teachings are not of Him. undecided

So, if your belief has been that "true Christians" are those who submit and obey the doctrines and traditions of pastor men, rather than the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, I am afraid I have to tell you that you have been indoctrinated and decieved by your pastor men in the name of God. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you about such men who would perpetrate such deciet in His name and so you have no excuse for blindly trusting in men instead of in God alone. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by soojar(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
If that makes you happy.

Saying the truth and pointing out the obvious should make anyone happy.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by pakirisuitesphc(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Stupid dullard with comprehension problem, did I mention whether he owns it or not. You better go and resit for waec English exam to learn how to comprehend better.

Cowbell521:
U be big idiot. U dey try find trouble. Dem tell you say na him get am? Na D moto wey dem go use pick am for airport be that. I no be Deeper life member but 2 min Google show weytin sup. Illiterate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Video Of Dare Adeboye Celebrating His 42nd Birthday Shared After His Death / Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million / "DNA Exposed Cheating Yemisi Iginla, Seduced Iginla's PA, Poisoned Iginla"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.