Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine (75738 Views)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by supereagle(m): 8:45am On Sep 25, 2021
princewarri1985:
The idiot is ridding in a limousine yet het told his guillible members not to own even a comon television! Because our neighbour then brother chalse who happen to be a manager in a company does not own a television because he is a deeper life member

I am a member. I have a TV. Many of our members have TV.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2021
Jayr1000:
You must be an idiot if you feel what you just said has sense in it ... Downtrodden ..lol... You just plain stupid
You can counter my comment without been insult I've,take caution please
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by tctrills: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're the only condemning it with your comment .
How else do you want people to condemn it? Do you want them to rob him or kill him?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by princewarri1985: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2021
supereagle:

That means you are not a real member but a crooked member or have they changed the laws? Because back then our next door neighbour brother charles does not have a television the same with alot of other deeper life members in my neighbourhood then
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Tzar(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Nigerians deserve their religious leaders & politicians who have enslaved them, because they are not any better too.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Bbbwings: 9:19am On Sep 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not supporting the religious title chief but in some cases most of this material things do come as gifts from their admirers who believe they're seeking God's favor, blessings or forgiveness by dashing God's servants part of the things they stole from the masses! undecided
If you were old enough
You would know there was a time the church forbid any material thing
There was a time church members do not have tv
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Bbbwings: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2021
supereagle:

Do you even know the history of your church
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Bbbwings: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You can continue with your assumptions and false accusations. Pastor Kumuyi left his profession as a lecturer in the University of Lagos in in the seventies to take care of the growing congregation which he started with 15 members. As part of their worship, the members give their tithes and offerings willingly for the work of God. The church is an organization and no organization can be run effectively without funds and it is the members that contribute the funds. Pastor Kumuyi himself, I was told, sold his property to fund the church at inception. As the church grows, the funding expands and so does the responsibilities of fulfilling Christ's mandate of world evangelization and helping the needy members. It is on record that pastor Kumuyi does not have any private jets despite his huge membership. He doesn't have a house of his own. Where he lives belongs to the church and his children are not board of trustees members meaning that it is not family business. He lives a simple life. That does not mean the members cannot choose to make him happy sometimes. If you begrudge him that, that is your own cup of tea. You are free to continue your hate-mongering and character assassination. It doesn't change anything. God bless you sir.
He lives in a hut abi.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Bbbwings: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2021
obixcel:
I think you have summarized everything in one piece. The problem is, people like kobo and other Kumuyi critics so many times mistaken tradition for doctrine. They don't know how and when to separate both. They jam them together. They see certain traditions deeper life practices and they become infuriated because it doesn't make sense to them or it doesn't appeal to their lifestyle. They then say, ''oh dis deeper life doctrine bla bla bla''
I hope you watch tv now.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Exceed15: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're the only condemning it with your comment .

He did not . Read through again

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by edoairways: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Workch:
Tithe and offering money that he scammed from gullible Christians
Tithe and offerings can do this
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by stephenponti(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now you know better than the "man of God"? undecided
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did he not admit that some rules in the church were due for change? Oga no man of God is omniscient and infallible get that to your subconscious.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by emmyN(m): 11:27am On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The TV doctrine no even touch me much since my mom couldn't get rid of the TV in the house. undecided
That these folks snobbed me for refusing to conform to their new dress code - back then- vex me pass anything. I was let go from the teenage choir because I didn't dress according to their new doctrine. undecided

I kept wondering why God suddenly wanted us all to dress like nerds and goons. Thank God I left. undecided

It's that bad. I attended for six months and knew the place wasn't for me. What I noticed there was gossiping, backbiting, and they were so judgemental. It's not just Kumuyi, there are so many so called fathers of the faith with large congregations today that started a ministry without even understanding the basics of the gospel. These lots have done more harm than good, now it takes a lot to disabuse the minds of their followers.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bbbwings:

He lives in a hut abi.

Is that what you expect for a man who has served God consistently for more than 50 years with millions of members? If he were to retire as a professor, would he be living in a hut?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
emmyN:

It's that bad. I attended for six months and knew the place wasn't for me. What I noticed there was gossiping, backbiting, and they were so judgemental. It's not just Kumuyi, there are so many so called fathers of the faith with large congregations today that started a ministry without even understanding the basics of the gospel. These lots have done more harm than good, now it takes a lot to disabuse the minds of their followers.
I can see you know the basics of the gospel better than the Kumuyi's! So what are you using your 'basic knowledge of the gospel' for? To rubbish those you 'know the basics of the gospel better than' on the social media? How many souls have you won for the Lord with your 'great knowledge'? How many have you discipled? How many have been blessed with miracles, signs and wonders through your 'excellent knowledge'? How many have gone to eternal Bliss through your 'tremendous knowledge' of the gospel? What arrogance!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by pegix(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You folks like to deviate a lot from the point , don't you. What has telling people the church is big do to change the fact that your pastor is fond of preaching the doctrines and traditions of men, what Jesus Christ calls lies, in the name of God? undecided

He is guilty of the very same sins that other pastors out there, be they Pentecostal or catholic are guilty of, and so is no different from them, even if he looks like he is? undecided
guilty of what
No because he a pastor now..he had to walk with his leg from lagos to zamfara

Come on

Dont judge plp that way

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by pegix(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Abeg ! Leave Jesus Christ out of this one. undecided

Na kumuyi use him own mouth create doctrine here and there wey go against Jesus Christ, teaching them as if na God Himself talk am. undecided

Jesus Christ never said to avoid luxury items in the name of God, nor did Jesus Christ condemn them as being sinful or of the devil. undecided

That is what Kumuyi did and now to see him riding private jet and Limousines amounts to hypocrisy and nothing less since that is what even Jesus Christ tagged those who did not practice with they preached. undecided
the luxury he preach abt is excessiveness and worldliness
I dont think he has one preach against thing that will make life easier for someoen

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bbbwings:

What is the history of the church he/she should know? That pastor Kumuyi used to preach so hard against the evils shown in the television that most members disposed of theirs or refused to own one? There is nothing wrong in a pastor wanting his members to be on the safe side. There is nothing wrong in wanting your members to "abstain from all appearance of evil" according to 1st Thessalonians 5:22. I know that the question on the lips of the fault finders is that why is the pastor now appearing on TVs? The simple answer is that lots of sinners need to be reached with the gospel so that they will not perish in hell. The TV happens to be one of such media to reach them. Deeper Life members can also have the TV to watch informative, edifying and educative programs because even our phones that we carry about are almost like the TV. The Christian who is serious about avoiding hellfire just has to be careful what he/she watches. Does that mean pastor Kumuyi has changed? Not at all. He still preaches against sin including the corrupting influences of the media as before or even more. You need to come to Sunday Service on the last Sunday of the month or attend/listen to the weekly Monday Bible Studies to know this. I know the critics and fault finders will not rest. That is their cup of tea. It is only people like them that believe their hate- laden misinterpretations, misrepresentations and false accusations against pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life Bible Church. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bbbwings:

If you were old enough
You would know there was a time the church forbid any material thing
There was a time church members do not have tv
What do you mean by 'there was a time the church forbid material thing'? You mean the forbid eating food, drinking water, wearing clothes, living in houses, riding cars etc? Because those are material things. Some of you are just being unreasonable with your hatred, fault-finding and stereotype. God has given me s all things that pertain to life and godliness according to 2nd Peter 1:3? Do you know that God gives us richly all things to enjoy according to 1st Timothy 6:17? Pastor William Kumuyi and Deeper Life Bible Church only preach against loving material (earthly things) more than the heavenly according to Luke 12: 13-21;1st Timothy 6:10 and Philippians 3:18-20. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by FreedomfromtheT: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
princewarri1985:
That means you are not a real member but a crooked member or have they changed the laws? Because back then our next door neighbour brother charles does not have a television the same with alot of other deeper life members in my neighbourhood then
He is a real member. I am a real member too with a television and I know lots of real members who own television sets. As for being crooked, what makes one crooked is living a life against the word of God we hear repeatedly, not by owning a TV set to watch informative, educatice and edifying programs. Thank you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
Truly you have Jesus you have everything. God bless you more Sir.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
November24:

One member can do that.
Abuja People own too much,Rev Kumuyi is not that kind of man
Na Kumuyi own wey too much. Renting a limo is not a sin. Buying a limo or a private jet is not a sin and we have known this for over 2000 years. Wearing gold ornaments or wigs, or pants as women or shorts even as men is not a sin. These are God's Truth as given us by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

But you see, Kumuyi lied to his people that it is sin, deceiving them, generations of them, in the name of God. And it is a great sin to add commandments to God's Law - in the name of God- and teachings those commandments as if of God. It is an abomination that nullifies the worship and power of God in the lives of those who teach and live by such lies. - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14. undecided

So when the same Kumuyi is seen backtracking on his declaration which were made in the name of God, don't just think of defending him, think about the 10s of thousands of souls who were decieved by those lies, many of them no more on this earth. By following those lies, their chances at heaven were eliminated for eternity. This man backtracking now will is of no benefit to those already gone who fed off his lies in the name of God. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
pegix:
the luxury he preach abt is excessiveness and worldliness
I dont think he has one preach against thing that will make life easier for someoen
Is a limousine not an excessive item of this world then? Is a private jet not excessive? undecided
Or are you going to tell us next how a Limousine makes life easier for someone, anyone? undecided

Come on now.... stop thinking you can defend men pretending you do so on behalf of God. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
pegix:
guilty of what
No because he a pastor now..he had to walk with his leg from lagos to zamfara
Come on
Dont judge plp that way
Again, You folks like to deviate a lot from the point , don't you. What has telling people the church is big do to change the fact that your pastor is fond of preaching the doctrines and traditions of men, what Jesus Christ calls lies, in the name of God? undecided

He is guilty of the very same sins that other pastors out there, be they Pentecostal or catholic are guilty of, and so is no different from them, even if he looks like he is? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Bbbwings: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
What is the history of the church he/she should know? That pastor Kumuyi used to preach so hard against the evils shown in the television that most members disposed of theirs or refused to own one? There is nothing wrong in a pastor wanting his members to be on the safe side. There is nothing wrong in wanting your members to "abstain from all appearance of evil" according to 1st Thessalonians 5:22. I know that the question on the lips of the fault finders is that why is the pastor now appearing on TVs? The simple answer is that lots of sinners need to be reached with the gospel so that they will not perish in hell. The TV happens to be one of such media to reach them. Deeper Life members can also have the TV to watch informative, edifying and educative programs because even our phones that we carry about are almost like the TV. The Christian who is serious about avoiding hellfire just has to be careful what he/she watches. Does that mean pastor Kumuyi has changed? Not at all. He still preaches against sin including the corrupting influences of the media as before or even more. You need to come to Sunday Service on the last Sunday of the month or attend/listen to the weekly Monday Bible Studies to know this. I know the critics and fault finders will not rest. That is their cup of tea. It is only people like them that believe their hate- laden misinterpretations, misrepresentations and false accusations against pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life Bible Church. Thank you.
You cant gaslight me.
Na be me you dey type this rubbish for.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by desiredhome: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
aluyapreston:

TV was a popular mistake he made back then but it wasn't because it was luxury as you stated. It was because he felt it showed tempting commercials and provocative stuffs. That was why. I read a book which be wrote years back as a young pastor and explained that T.V shows were corrupt (maybe he came across such, I don't know)

Look you have made mistakes and so did apostle Peter and many other saints but you and they were never demonised. The man is honest in his belief and have never condemned luxury.
If he made mistake according to you and he is already admitting today and so many of his followers had one way or the other been mislead, does that not prove that we practice religion/doctrines instead of christianity?
I know some families in my area that they hide their TV inside their room so their visitors/brethren from their church will not see,... that is deception, which is what is destroying the church today...,
Back then too, it was a sin for members to buy expensive car, I have them around me so I know what I'm saying, today he is comfortable in a limo, otherwise he would've objected it......
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
emmyN:

These churches are indeed filled with those who have absolutely no idea who God. It seems more and more that that is indeed were you find those who know next to nothing about God or Jesus Christ except for the lies they have been fed by their so-called fathers. undecided

I get the wind knocked out of me sometimes when I hear them call a mere human being "father-in-the-lord" or "daddy-in-the-lord" or even "spiritual father". It is witnessing an abomination and not knowing what to do about it. undecided

Jesus Christ made it all to clear that those who belong to Him are to call no man "Father". But the way the word "father/daddy" drops from the mouths of these churchians when regarding their so-called fathers in faith astounds me. It is as if Jesus Christ and His teachings and commandments are meaningless to them. undecided
Jesus Christ might as well be dirt where their so-called fathers are concerned. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
stephenponti:

Did he not admit that some rules in the church were due for change? Oga no man of God is omniscient and infallible get that to your subconscious.
We are talking about God and the things of God - that which is True - , not politicians and politics of this world - liars and their systems of lies God does not lie, nor does He dwell in lies. undecided

NOTE - What Jesus Christ sent those who belong to Him to teach is the same Gospel - The New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God - which He taught us over 2000 years ago. He warned us never to add our own doctrines and traditions to His Law, nor remove anything from it. So the Truth was established for us 2000 years ago. All we are asked to do is live by it and teach others exactly that which He said. undecided

Instead your Mogs took it upon themselves to build and grow their kingdoms and empires in the name of God neglecting God's Law and warnings so they can install themselves as rulers over His sheep, this also against God. undecided

So you are right that these men are fallible and nonomniscient but becareful that you do not set yourself against God when you defend the acts committed by these men in His name, this against Him. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by supereagle(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bbbwings:

Ahhhh.Almost a foundation member.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
supereagle:
Ahhhh.Almost a foundation member.
Foundation member and you dey lie say TV has never been condemned as sinful in the history of this church? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine by supereagle(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
princewarri1985:

I am happy with the choice of your words, " back then " all these VCDs the church is making, how will the members watch them? In the 20s, members have TV, but in the 70s- 90s members were not using TV. Even the church is leveraging on the technology to reach out through Deeper life radio and TV, the Apps are available at the Google Apps store.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million / "DNA Exposed Cheating Yemisi Iginla, Seduced Iginla's PA, Poisoned Iginla" / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.