Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How i was able to stop dating women below my standard (32140 Views)

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? / So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Don’t Like Them / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Bizibi(m): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Klass99:
Having class involves good manners, politeness, pride without showing off, empathy, humility and an abundance of self-control.

It is also about an ingrained and wonderful upbringing which reflects years later in your adulthood. Class is evident in your words and conduct, you either have it in you or you don't. It is more about your carriage and comportment as a person, than the flashy apparel you wear.

You can buy the latest fashion, gadgets and glam up all you want, but the moment you open your mouth to speak and from the way you behave, we will know whether you have class or not.

I know an oil and gas worker with Exxon Mobil, who is very mgbekelicious in the way he carries himself. With all his wealth, nice clothes and fine car I will never describe him as a man with class. I can say he is a man of means, but class.....hell no.

They are just wailing wailers, in real life they relate with these same Naija women they like to bash.
One user who constantly insults women here, said he has 3 kids from 3 different women.
What was he doing with the same Nigerian women he loves to hate/bash on NL?
Abi, the women who are offline are not Naija women again?
Las las dem go quench on top Naija women matter.
it is getting irritating and boring.... Everytime Nigeria women.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by jeromestarks: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
donbachi:
All dis,to just get a woman...I'm very disappointed.

Not even more degrees,skills,spiritual upliftment,building self worth and raising a standard worthy of emulation.to make self a better human in the society.
The op is a foool. Simple!
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
gforce5:
OP, what's your definition of classy girls? Is it the pretty social media girls dressed head to toe in designer wears but no proven source of wealth? Is it the rich girls from a rich background that live in the suburbs or is it the working/middle class girls that are big shots in their field of practice? That question needs to be clarified. Once you have clarified that, use the following points to be the ultimate bachelor as far as Nigeria is concerned:

1. You must have a car. (they need to know that your are mobile)
2. You must have a constant stream of income (money)
3. You should have a place of your own (it indicates independence, place of comfort and security)
4. You should be well educated (no matter how much money you have, women can't deal with illiterates)
5. Your diction must be on point. (can't have you embarrassing them in public when you open your mouth).
6. Finally, your dress sense must be on point. (Nigerian women judge men based on their appearance).

Have all these and classy girls will flock to you like bees.

It's funny that all you mentioned goes 50% in the process of toasting a babe in Nigeria, once you have all this things in place. You'll probably get a Yes. Even though they don't really like you, It really doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Queenserah26(f): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
You are blessed. Thank you for speaking my mind.

donbachi:

Not even more degrees,skills,spiritual upliftment,building self worth and raising a standard worthy of emulation.to make self a better human in the society.
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Op, thanks very much for sharing this..

But guyman wey don dey destined to die untop woman pot of beans go must still die untop am no matter how many advice wey him fellow guyman give am lipsrsealed

Secondly,I don't think it's very sensible for any guyman to keep on discussing women matter wheh he's still the struggling type....

Personally,I still dey struggle, that's why you'll hardly see me talking about bannies when I'm in the midst of my niggas..

All this pitakwa boys, wida you?
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
Klass99:
Having class involves good manners, politeness, pride without showing off, empathy, humility and an abundance of self-control.

It is also about an ingrained and wonderful upbringing which reflects years later in your adulthood. Class is evident in your words and conduct, you either have it in you or you don't. It is more about your carriage and comportment as a person, than the flashy apparel you wear.

You can buy the latest fashion, gadgets and glam up all you want, but the moment you open your mouth to speak and from the way you behave, we will know whether you have class or not.

I know an oil and gas worker with Exxon Mobil, who is very mgbekelicious in the way he carries himself. With all his wealth, nice clothes and fine car I will never describe him as a man with class. I can say he is a man of means, but class.....hell no.

They are just wailing wailers, in real life they relate with these same Naija women they like to bash.
One user who constantly insults women here, said he has 3 kids from 3 different women.
What was he doing with the same Nigerian women he loves to hate/bash on NL?
Abi, the women who are offline are not Naija women again?
Las las dem go quench on top Naija women matter.

Lmaoooo, isn't this the dude you always talked about that even though he was working at Exxon, you still moved on.

One user who constantly insults women here, said he has 3 kids from 3 different women --- Abeg na who be this pelsin? let me do small ofofo grin

2 Likes

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by LoveJesus87(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I don't know your worth but I think the best is to relocate...

You need to move somewhere expensive and more developed to meet ladies within a d above your standards....
walai. U hit am on the head. Na d prob wey I get be that. I dey work for ifo and hence have to stay close by, omo I never get fiancee since all these while because the class of ladies here is a NO NO. The few times wey I enter festac last week e be like say make I no comot there aswear..na my natural environment be that. This place just wan kill person destiny
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by pansophist(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ladycewhy:
isn't the aim to attract the few ?

Or you want to continue to be the shit that attracts flies?. undecided

You're right. The aim is to attract the a few. Thanks for having sense.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by donbachi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Queenserah26:
You are blessed. Thank you for speaking my mind.

u are more than blessed.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by pansophist(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
JovialJune:

And this one thinks his comment makes sense, e con add pride and boastfulness join am, lmao I laugh in swahili,

You guys will never ever learn, you think using money and flamboyant things will get you the best of women? You will only attract the money hungry ones that will only be there when the going is good, when it stops flowing she will up and leave, you think life will be rosy all the time or there won't be time of difficulties? Go and ask a man's story on FP not long ago who gives his gf 20k weekly that left him at the slightest setback.

Read to understand, not to respond. Okay? What you said is true, but its like giving me orange when I asked for apple. Are you minimising the importance of money or what?

Even the best of wife material still wants a man doing well financially, which is not a bad thing, so what's your point? Yes men should attract women with something substantial, but money is also part of what is substantial. Its a component of the overall pie. Acting like you don't look for money in a man is like saying you'll be with a transgender man. It is hypocritical, a lie, and suggest that you do not know yourself, or what motivates you. Any self-awareness? Like seriously you no send money? Really ? Really?

A question for you. So you have two guys asking for your hand in marriage. You like both, but one is wealthy scatter, and the other one is an okada man. The only thing different between the two guys is their wealth. Which will you pick ? The wealthy man or the okada man?

Be deceiving yourself.

6 Likes

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by JovialJune(f): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
pansophist:

Read to understand, not to respond. Okay? What you said is true, but its like giving me orange when I asked for apple. Are you minimising the importance of money or what?

Even the best of wife material still wants a man doing well financially, which is not a bad thing, so what's your point? Yes men should attract women with something substantial, but money is also part of what is substantial. Its a component of the overall pie. Acting like you don't look for money in a man is like saying you'll be with a transgender man. It is hypocritical, a lie, and suggest that you do not know yourself, or what motivates you. Any self-awareness? Like seriously you no send money? Really ? Really?

A question for you. So you have two guys asking for your hand in marriage. You like both, but one is wealthy scatter, and the other one is an okada man. The only thing different between the two guys is their wealth. Which will you pick ? The wealthy man or the okada man?

Be deceiving yourself.

I am a married woman with kids, when i met my husband he didn't have much, in fact he wasn't in my class or my kind of background, but I saw potential in him, other men with wealth came but all they keep doing was flaunting more and more money as if by doing that, any woman will fall, at the end I married my husband and we are way way above today and still climbing up at a very fast rate

So that money money rant you all keep spewing will not keep a woman that is influenced by it, you will only attract leeches that will only stay if it keeps flowing and leave when it stops, simple.

6 Likes

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by pansophist(m): 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
JovialJune:

I am a married woman with kids, when i met my husband he didn't have much, in fact he wasn't in my class or my kind of background, but I saw potential in him, other men with wealth came but all they keep doing was flaunting more and more money as if by doing that, any woman will fall, at the end I married my husband and we are way way above today and still climbing up at a very fast rate

So that money money rant you all keep spewing will not keep a woman that is influenced by it, you will only attract leeches that will only stay if it keeps flowing and leave when it stops, simple.

Good. But does it occur to you that I'm referring to the overwhelming majority? Also, will you in good conscience say that most Nigerian women are like you?

See, if I want to know the qualities men find attractive in women, I'll ask women. Even if I have an idea, it's better to hear from the horses mouth. And the opposite is true. It is men that will tell you what women find attractive in them. And that's exactly what I did. Because you're not like others doesn't invalidate my point.

"I remember when I was nobody, now I got cash and all the girls de rush me" Have you ever seen a female musician use that line before? The answer is no. It is men mostly. Most men pass through the phase of female abundance as soon as they start seeing money. Of course you can argue that they are mostly leeches, and I'll agree with you. But my point still remains, that money attracts women to men.

Now tell me Ned Nwoko will be able to marry girls he is older than with over 40 years, if he is not a billionaire. I mean, you don't live under a rock, or you do? You're not like that, I get it, but the majority of women are like that Come on. I've been broke, and comparing it to now, I can tell you that I attract women easily now compare to before. I don't even have to talk much sef, unlike before that even with my toasting and baggy jeans, na luck if i no end for friendzone grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Klass99(f): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
smiley
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Klass99(f): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by dalass(f): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
OKOATA:
wink
You are right bro, you are what you attract. It all boils down to discipline but ma guy no matter how classy you may seem to be or how rich you are, one beautiful village girl will still catch your eyes.

Who noticed the mighty thunder of yesterday, I was sitting outside with ma 2 dogs smokin some MJ saw the thunder man, even with the hart on the house, the kitchen bulb blew out, my friends TV got spoilt beyond repair too.

Effect of MJ bruv grin
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by OKOATA(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
dalass:

Effect of MJ bruv grin
Fuvk you grin
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Raalsalghul: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
pansophist:

Good. But does it occur to you that I'm referring to the overwhelming majority? Also, will you in good conscience say that most Nigerian women are like you?

See, if I want to know the qualities men find attractive in women, I'll ask women. Even if I have an idea, it's better to hear from the horses mouth. And the opposite is true. It is men that will tell you what women find attractive in them. And that's exactly what I did. Because you're not like others doesn't invalidate my point.

"I remember when I was nobody, now I got cash and all the girls de rush me" Have you ever seen a female musician use that line before? The answer is no. It is men mostly. Most men pass through the phase of female abundance as soon as they start seeing money. Of course you can argue that they are mostly leeches, and I'll agree with you. But my point still remains, that money attracts women to men.

Now tell me Ned Nwoko will be able to marry girls he is older than with over 40 years, if he is not a billionaire. I mean, you don't live under a rock, or you do? You're not like that, I get it, but the majority of women are like that Come on. I've been broke, and comparing it to now, I can tell you that I attract women easily now compare to before. I don't even have to talk much sef, unlike before that even with my toasting and baggy jeans, na luck if i no end for friendzone grin

Honestly, things will be a lot easier for men as soon as they accept the hypergamous nature of women.

This is apt.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin

Yes, he is the one! I just couldn't deal with the unrefined behaviour/manners.

Check out Page 3 of the thread below, to figure out who that person is.

https://www.nairaland.com/6751418/older-bachelors-how-cope-loneliness#105784961

Yeah seen the dude, i think he has mental health issues, because 3 kids from 3 women isn't a mistake and he doesn't give a damn. Seems like he is on the road to a 4th one & i pity the kids.
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Honestly, things will be a lot easier for men as soon as they accept the hypergamous nature of women.

This is apt.

Yes there are two solutions to women, it's either you sieve through and find the one that doesn't require you to be flashy or spend a lot of your cash. Which can be a waste of your precious time.

OR

Just focus on your self development and be super financially stable that you attract women of different classes.

PS: Your polygamous side as a man will come out as soon you start earning big bucks, which women will now start complaining about. Double wahala!

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by FantasyHub: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2021
Plead:

All classy women aren't like Tonto.

See how you're trying to convince men to marry poor and worthless women,chai. I'm not a fan of dating or marrying below one's social/financial class.
I don't know why poor folks should be dreaming of marrying rich folks.

..... And all poor women ain't worthless. Come on bo !

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by emmaodet: 12:03am On Sep 24, 2021
JovialJune:

One thing you said that cut my attention here is - POTENTIAL.
Even though he wasn’t rich or okay then BUT you saw the potential of him being so in future and assuming he failed on the line due to any factor because a lot failed anyway, you would have loated him, feel disappointed that he failed you. You would have wondered if you took the wrong decision of not picking the richer dudes then and THAT is what makes the difference between a a man and a woman.
Most men just marry because they have to and not because most women have potentials of supporting them in the future.
We can safely say they married out of love and not because of any future expectations aside kids.
In other words, women marry mostly because of wealth OR the potential of it coming in future thereby enduring the present and God bless you, you don’t fulfill the potential, you will regret it as a man and lose a lot of respect.
So ma, all women are the same.

@pansophist

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Raalsalghul: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2021
truthsayer009:

Yes there are two solutions to women, it's either you sieve through and find the one that doesn't require you to be flashy or spend a lot of your cash. Which can be a waste of your precious time.

OR

Just focus on your self development and be super financially stable that you attract women of different classes.

PS: Your polygamous side as a man will come out as soon you start earning big bucks, which women will now start complaining about. Double wahala!

Honestly, most guys should go for the first option no matter how time consuming it is.

If for some reason they can't, then they should delay commitment as much as possible when they become "super financially stable" à la Wizkid and Davido's style. cheesy

Nonetheless, I prefer the first option as only a tiny percentage will attain that financial level.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2021
truthsayer009:

OR

women on the 1st instance are mostly unattractive

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Honestly, most guys should go for the first option no matter how time consuming it is.

If for some reason they can't, then they should delay commitment as much as possible when they become "super financially stable" à la Wizkid and Davido's style. cheesy

Nonetheless, I prefer the first option as only a tiny percentage will attain that financial level.
even if them no fine

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2021
generalwo:
.... The lady that fvcked someone on national TV, Erica... She's a high class lady... What about the one that lashed someone on national TV some weeks ago, another high class lady.... Bottom line is.... Before u look for class in a woman, make sure she is capable of being a mother and a wife... Not just a classy lady.....

What's classy about the folks you mentioned? Even if they were classy,does romancing or having sex on TV make them classless?

I wonder what your definition of 'classy' is.
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2021
FantasyHub:

..... And all poor women ain't worthless. Come on bo !

All poor women are worthless. You should tell me what they were doing while others were making money.
At 30 you don't have shît, still depending on men for crumbs. Isn't that worthlessness? Don't even talk about intelligence,because most of them are intellectually bankrupt. Initiate a conversation on Geo-politics or international politics, economics, philosophy, and psychology with them and watch them go off.

I didn't stop you from dating or marrying a poor woman, Sir.

Your life,your choice.

2 Likes

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2021
patoski39:
women on the 1st instance are mostly unattractive

True, which is why it can be a precious waste of time.

That's another reason why Women saying "they stayed with a man when he had nothing is usually a lie". Most of the times they never had better options, they stayed because there was simply nothing better coming for them.

For example, i don't see myself remaining with Enyimba FC if Manchester United actually poches me as a footballer even if i learnt football originally from Enyimba FC.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by gforce5: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2021
At least 50%. It's like applying for a job. A first class graduate with good social skills with get in front of the queue before everybody else. It doesn't mean that he's secured the job. Same thing with Nigerian women, all these things will get you in front of the queue but it doesn't guarantee that they like you or will be loyal to you. The dating market in this country is crazy.
truthsayer009:

It's funny that all you mentioned goes 50% in the process of toasting a babe in Nigeria, once you have all this things in place. You'll probably get a Yes. Even though they don't really like you, It really doesn't matter.
Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by pansophist(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2021
emmaodet:

One thing you said that cut my attention here is - POTENTIAL.
Even though he wasn’t rich or okay then BUT you saw the potential of him being so in future and assuming he failed on the line due to any factor because a lot failed anyway, you would have loated him, feel disappointed that he failed you. You would have wondered if you took the wrong decision of not picking the richer dudes then and THAT is what makes the difference between a a man and a woman.
Most men just marry because they have to and not because most women have potentials of supporting them in the future.
We can safely say they married out of love and not because of any future expectations aside kids.
In other words, women marry mostly because of wealth OR the potential of it coming in future thereby enduring the present and God bless you, you don’t fulfill the potential, you will regret it as a man and lose a lot of respect.
So ma, all women are the same.

@pansophist

Thank you emmadoet. You made sense, but I'll buttress more on your point, and also address JovialJune point.

A woman can not claim virtue of not being after money just because she went for potential. Because potential in itself is money. Being with a man with a huge potential is like being in an airplane, it is only a matter of time you'll get to your destination. It is only a matter of time, a man's potential with materialise, and viola, money everywhere.

So she actually didn't proved me wrong, but supported my view without realising it. The true test of not liking money is being with a man that no potential, is broke, but have other qualities you want. Nigeria is not in shortage of such men. Them full ground. Why she didn't marry those one? grin

Women keep denying the obvious, that money is not important. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it. If im a woman, I won't be with a broke man either, but I'll be honest about it. Also,a man with money in my view, makes a good partner. Unnecessary fight, insecurities, and weakness would not be a problem in the relationship. So bros, thanks for the addition. I just hope these women can be honest with themselves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by emmaodet: 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
pansophist:

Thank you emmadoet. You made sense, but I'll buttress more on your point, and also address JovialJune point.

A woman can not claim virtue of not being after money just because she went for potential. Because potential in itself is money. Being with a man with a huge potential is like being in an airplane, it is only a matter of time you'll get to your destination. It is only a matter of time, a man's potential with materialise, and viola, money everywhere.

So she actually didn't proved me wrong, but supported my view without realising it. The true test of not liking money is being with a man that no potential, is broke, but have other qualities you want. Nigeria is not in shortage of such men. Them full ground. Why she didn't marry those one? grin

Women keep denying the obvious, that money is not important. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it. If im a woman, I won't be with a broke man either, but I'll be honest about it. Also,a man with money in my view, makes a good partner. Unnecessary fight, insecurities, and weakness would not be a problem in the relationship. So bros, thanks for the addition. I just hope these women can be honest with themselves.

Uwc brother.

1 Like

Re: How i was able to stop dating women below my standard by Hassanmaye(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
donbachi:

He is a bloody simp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If No Man Agrees To Love You, Use Juju – Nigerian Lady Advises Women (Video) / She Never Apologises: I Am Thinking Of Ending This Relationship. / Edo Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.