Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33493 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Wealthyonos(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

433 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by JASONjnr(m): 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
If she's a good girl and not dependent on your money...Have a secured job and speaks good English.....Have the zeal to learn and wants to upgrade her status...You can work things out...

But if she's adamant and feels entitled and wants to drag you down to her level of childishness..Take a stroll...

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

657 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Graceunlimitedd(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2022
Wealthyonos:
grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ehmmah588(m): 2:49am On Oct 08, 2022
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl

208 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Sammy101111(m): 3:15am On Oct 08, 2022
At this era once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by kelspinall(m): 3:33am On Oct 08, 2022
boss,call her and tell her now that she has not invest much feelings and let her know that you don't accept, relationship no be force, that's what my ex told me and I had to accept the fact and move on.life is choice and I believe you made your own choice

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Akinsete19(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by GOFRONT(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2022
U never even tell us if una Genotype match or Not!!!!

All the standard you mentioned above, without a Matched Up Genotype, its a waste of standard.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by satandeterrible: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady, and we got talking. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standard is:
1. At least a graduate
2. Self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference
4. Cool and understandable
5. Not short

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, almost 8 years age different from me. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and felt very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

Don't lower your standards for any woman.
Woman will never lower their standards for you.

Chief keep holding yourself. You will find a woman that matches your standards.

DON'T EVER SETTLE FOR LESS. WOMEN WILL NOT SETTLE FOR LESS.
WHY SHOULD YOU?

195 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2022
GOFRONT:
U never even tell us if una Genotype match or Not!!!!

All the standard you mentioned above, without a Matched Up Genotype, its a waste of standard.
We are both AA

Updated: I have received a lot of bashing.

I guess I didn't really explain the situation well, so a lot of people didn't really get my points.

This lady in particular mum is late. Her dad is battling with stroke.

I stay in a 3-bedroom flat as a bachelor in a high-income area while she, her dad, and 3 other siblings stay in a room and parlor in a low-income area. I fear that one day her family will tell her sis and bro to come and start staying with us if we end up together since they will feel we live in a 3-bedroom flat.

More so, her yearly income is always not up to my monthly income.

She is not the First Lady to show interest in me. I asked her why is she interested in me, and she said that I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or womanize. I am always focused.

In essence, I am also a standard.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:26am On Oct 08, 2022
satandeterrible:

Don't lower your standards for any woman.
Woman will never lower their standards for you.

Chief keep holding yourself. You will find a woman that matches your standards.

DON'T EVER SETTLE FOR LESS. WOMEN WILL NOT SETTLE FOR LESS.
WHY SHOULD YOU?
Exactly my thoughts

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Chris2863(m): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2022
Selfish, self-centered, unkind, evil, assuming, confused. These are some of the words synonymous with this op

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by okoroemeka(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady, and we got talking. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standard is:
1. At least a graduate
5. Not short

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, almost 8 years age different from me. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and felt very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

Please advice

I will bet my fresh pot of egusi soup that the lady is not a virgin,believe that you can believe anything,after secondary school 70% of girls are no longer virgins,after higher institution the figure is 95.5%,infact any girl that still remains a virgin after 5-6 years in Nigeria university has factory fault in her pussy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2022
Chris2863:
Selfish, self-centered, unkind, evil, assuming, confused. These are some of the words synonymous with this op
Thank you! As time goes on you will understand that being a kind and benevolent person in Nigeria doesn't really pay. You will be treated like a fool and totally ignored.

If you know how many ladies had mistreated me in the past due to standards, before I upgraded myself, you couldn't have mentioned this.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ballzproblem2: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2022
all her character na format ,. they usually reveal their true colors in marriage,study her well ,bring in a hous help (young female to be precise) ,to test her true character ,how she reacts to the house help will determine everything.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2022
okoroemeka:
I will bet my fresh pot of egusi soup that the lady is not a virgin,believe that you can believe anything,after secondary school 70% of girls are no longer virgins,after higher institution the figure is 95.5%,infact any girl that still remains a virgin after 5-6 years in Nigeria university has factory fault in her pussy.
She is a virgin, I confirmed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ballzproblem2: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Thank you! As time goes on you will understand that being a kind and benevolent person in Nigeria doesn't really pay. You will be treated like a fool and totally ignored.

If you know how many ladies have mistreated me in the past due to standards, you couldn't have mentioned this.
ignore that fool,everyday women set standard, nobody bats an eyelid. ,when a man does it, everybody brings out their fangs , don't compromise.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standard is:
1. At least a graduate
5. Not short

Please advice

You ever heard of friendzone?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Weirdcamila: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2022
If you are rich , then you are wicked .
I see nothing wrong in helping people, you mustn’t date her but help the girl or her family . Nobody knows tomorrow .
Your standard will be lowered by forces of life.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ballzproblem2: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Weirdcamila:
I see nothing wrong in helping people, you mustn’t date her but help the girl or her family . Nobody knows tomorrow .
he should help the girl , cause na woman ,start from your fellow man before you open your dirty mouth

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Karlifate: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Calm down, you never reach your final bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Demigod22: 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Smiles, life have a way of playing with our lives. Standard or no standard, OP, you will still marry the one that life has bestow on you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by ObamaMessi: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Weirdcamila:
You must be dumb for this gibberish u type.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sammy101111:
At this ere once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore

What is a good girl to you ?

I guess you can marry a retired whoore that has fvcked your friends and cousins before all because she has changed and become a good girl lool

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by shege45: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standard is:
1. At least a graduate
5. Not short

Please advice

they won’t lower their standard for you. Do lower yours

11 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Jeon(f): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
Men are quick to lower their standards because of loneliness and fear of being alone.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by alphabbey1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
Chris2863:
Coming from someone that's yet to experience life.
My guy is biting his lip now after coming back from his just concluded relationship... grin
Man fed the girl and her family join...
You have no idea what it takes to date a girl with poor background... not to talk of family that request money from the little the girl make, God!!! grin. The boyfriend go suffer....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by SPAMBOX7: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl
You dey push am make he marry like say you go follow dey when he begin sup for the marriage, werey cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by owiko(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
In all your doings, don't lower your standards to accommodate any woman. It never ends well

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Delight2014(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
I love your standard @Op, but according to the girl's standard; though she comes from a poor background, observe if she's hardworking or the type that relies on men for support. These are the things you should look for before taking her.
You can still support her and brought her up to your standard if she worth it

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Things Ladies Do/ Discuss When They Gather Together. / Lady Denies Ex Of Life-Time Career Opportunity; Fakes Rejection Letter In Canada / My Pre Wedding Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.