Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South (6964 Views)

Orji Kalu: Kwankwaso Will Emerge President Easily If APC Zones Ticket To South / Wike: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If PDP Zones Ticket To The North / Presidency: Kalu Said He Will Consider Contesting If APC Zones Ticket To SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by BigSarah(f): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Eweeyy
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Sunday2021: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

It is my firm position that in the interest of justice, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, should make way for a Southerner to emerge as next presidential candidate.

Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in the event that the reports across various media that the Zoning Committee of the party is tilting towards retention of the 2019 zoning arrangement where the North and South produced the party's Presidential candidate and party chairman respectively, is confirmed, I shall abide by the decision of the party irrespective of the zoning arrangement of the All Progressive Congress because the ruling party is not an option. Moreover, chieftains of APC from the south and their sympathizers, especially those of southwest axis, have never hidden their disloyalty to southern interest since 2010. The record is there for all to see;

2011: Southern APC (ACN) Sabotaged Southern Interest
In the buildup to the 2011 general election, the leaders of the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, which is a principal partner in the All Progressive Congress merger, fielded a northern candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, and also sought to enter deal with General Muhammadu Buhari of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in their bid to capture power at the centre. ACN leaders led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Adams Oshiomole, Rauf Aregbesola, Raji Fashola, Kayode Fayemi, and a host of others, ignored the fact that the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party and incumbent President, Goodluck Jonathan, was a fellow southerner from the southsouth geopolitical; a zone that had never produced Nigeria's president prior to then.

It was after their proposed ACN/CPC alliance failed due to alleged power greed of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that some southern elites of the party literally backtracked. Even at that, some of them worked for Mallam Nuhu Ribadu in that election, giving him sizable number of votes in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti and even Oyo states. Ribadu also won popular vote in Osun state.

After the 2011, Asiwaju Tinubu and other southern ACN elites, in their quest for political power, sabotaged the plans of the southern PDP by sabotaging their own kinswoman, Hon Mulikat Akande Adeola, from emerging as Speaker of Federal House of Representatives. Instead, they mobilised for the emergence of a NORTHERNER from Sokoto state, Rt Hon Aminu Tambuwal. After sabotaging Honorable Adeola, they went behind to sponsor media propaganda that the then PDP government of Jonathan "shortchanged the Yoruba nation".

2015: They Worked Against South To Shift Power To North
Penultimate to 2015 election, these Southern elites reactivated their 2011 failed merger with Buhari, and they succeeded to form APC. At the APC primary in December 2014, they did not work for the emergence of the only southern Presidential aspirant, Rochas Okorocha, to emerge as candidate. Instead they worked for General Muhammadu Buhari from Katsina state of northwest.

Furthermore, it didn't occur to them that the man they sought to dethrone, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, a fellow southerner from Bayelsa state, is a Southerner like them. Instead, they were determined to install a northern Buhari in their quest to be at the centre. Some of them accused their kinsmen from Yorubaland that were working for Jonathan as "bast*rds". Fellow southerners from the southeast and southsouth became their target of propaganda and abuse. Even their chieftains in the southsouth and southeast, like Rotimi Amaechi, Rochas Okorocha, Timpre Sylva, Adams Oshiomole, Ogbonaya Onu and their likes, ensured that they sabotaged the popular sentiment of their respective zones to actualise Buhari's presidency.

2023: Who Do These APC Elites Want To Fool?
Ahead of the 2023 election, these same APC southern elites are shouting "turn of the south" because they want to be the beneficiary. They and their agents are hypocritically chanting united south irrespective of party lines simply because they know that should APC go south, they are the people to benefit from it. Just because they need the collective votes of entire southerners, including their fellows from southwest that were maligned for standing with Dr Jonathan and Hon Mulikat in 2011 and 2015, as well as those of the southeast and southsouth that were targets of their propaganda in their quest to actualise Muhammadu Buhari presidency.

Indeed, it is only someone with short memory that will fall for their tricky game.

Therefore, southern APC chieftains and their agents like Chief Dele Momodu should stop being clever by half.

Written by Tonye Barcanista Inioribo
talking about the speaker, which party was the majority in the house? How can a minority sabotage a majority decision?
When the igbos brought senator Ali Ndume to contest against the present senate president what did APC do? They show PDP that they are the majority and voted there preferred candidate. Why the PDP didn't do the same thing?
Pls stop blaming others for your failure.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Sunday2021: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
NakwansaPolice:

lol my own is that SE presidency or the north continues
you can't try to conner what belongs to the entire South under stupid southern unity.
SE/SS will never vote for a Yoruba candidate
that's the pure fact.
it's either igbo presidency or the north continues.
there are many notable igbos in APC
Let them get the ticket since you guys have had presidency and vice.

we shall see where greed will take everybody in 2023.
as you didn't vote for Buhari in 2015 and 2019 , did he win or not?
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Justiceleague1: 7:55am On Jan 17, 2022
Sunday2021:
talking about the speaker, which party was the majority in the house? How can a minority sabotage a majority decision?
When the igbos brought senator Ali Ndume to contest against the present senate president what did APC do? They show PDP that they are the majority and voted there preferred candidate. Why the PDP didn't do the same thing?
Pls stop blaming others for your failure.
You are asking which party was in the majory,was tambuwal not of same PDP as the Mulikat woman?!
You are talking about ndume and lawan,are both of them not from the north east?

Cc oghighirighi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Show One World Class Project Tinubu Completed As A Governor, I Will Vote For Him / Nigeria To Resume Gas Supply To Ghana / MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.