Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South (6981 Views)

Orji Kalu: Kwankwaso Will Emerge President Easily If APC Zones Ticket To South / Wike: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If PDP Zones Ticket To The North / Presidency: Kalu Said He Will Consider Contesting If APC Zones Ticket To SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Unik3030: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2021
sharpsecret:
nnamdi Kaduna was a broadcaster in radio Biafra until he formed ipob in 2014
like what he has been doing b4 biafra anything came into the question
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Unik3030: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2021
Fahdiga:
Oga I'm not that jobless. When I have the time I'll school you on what NK does before Biafra struggle even though you can use Google if you want to know
I can't find anything on Google,

So u have been busy for the past 7 months tgat u can't reply me but u comment on nairaland virtually everyday.

The time u use in typing that up there could b used in answering me instead of avoiding d question as usual
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by OfficialAPCNig: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2021
tamdun:

ACN is different from yoruba people, abi na only yoruba people comprise acn?
ACN = Yoruba people
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by sharpsecret: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2021
Unik3030:
like what he has been doing b4 biafra anything came into the question
as the crown prince of afara ukwu he was patiently waiting to accend the royal throne of afara ukwu...he saw that his people where being maltreated and as a true leader he left his throne to defend his people and teach them on their rights
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Unik3030: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2021
sharpsecret:
as the crown prince of afara ukwu he was patiently waiting to accend the royal throne of afara ukwu...he saw that his people where being maltreated and as a true leader he left his throne to defend his people and teach them on their rights
like which job has he ever done b4 biafra?
Are u trying to say his full time job was being a prince?
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Fahdiga(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2021
Unik3030:
I can't find anything on Google,

So u have been busy for the past 7 months tgat u can't reply me but u comment on nairaland virtually everyday.

The time u use in typing that up there could b used in answering me instead of avoiding d question as usual
I'll soon school you
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by sharpsecret: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2021
Unik3030:
like which job has he ever done b4 biafra?
Are u trying to say his full time job was being a prince?
like Raymond dokpesi and co mnk was a radio director....later becoming an activist and then freedom
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

It is my firm position that in the interest of justice, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, should make way for a Southerner to emerge as next presidential candidate.

Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in the event that the reports across various media that the Zoning Committee of the party is tilting towards retention of the 2019 zoning arrangement where the North and South produced the party's Presidential candidate and party chairman respectively, is confirmed, I shall abide by the decision of the party irrespective of the zoning arrangement of the All Progressive Congress because the ruling party is not an option. Moreover, chieftains of APC from the south and their sympathizers, especially those of southwest axis, have never hidden their disloyalty to southern interest since 2010. The record is there for all to see;

2011: Southern APC (ACN) Sabotaged Southern Interest
In the buildup to the 2011 general election, the leaders of the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, which is a principal partner in the All Progressive Congress merger, fielded a northern candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, and also sought to enter deal with General Muhammadu Buhari of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in their bid to capture power at the centre. ACN leaders led by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Adams Oshiomole, Rauf Aregbesola, Raji Fashola, Kayode Fayemi, and a host of others, ignored the fact that the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party and incumbent President, Goodluck Jonathan, was a fellow southerner from the southsouth geopolitical; a zone that had never produced Nigeria's president prior to then.

It was after their proposed ACN/CPC alliance failed due to alleged power greed of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that some southern elites of the party literally backtracked. Even at that, some of them worked for Mallam Nuhu Ribadu in that election, giving him sizable number of votes in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti and even Oyo states. Ribadu also won popular vote in Osun state.

After the 2011, Asiwaju Tinubu and other southern ACN elites, in their quest for political power, sabotaged the plans of the southern PDP by sabotaging their own kinswoman, Hon Mulikat Akande Adeola, from emerging as Speaker of Federal House of Representatives. Instead, they mobilised for the emergence of a NORTHERNER from Sokoto state, Rt Hon Aminu Tambuwal. After sabotaging Honorable Adeola, they went behind to sponsor media propaganda that the then PDP government of Jonathan "shortchanged the Yoruba nation".

2015: They Worked Against South To Shift Power To North
Penultimate to 2015 election, these Southern elites reactivated their 2011 failed merger with Buhari, and they succeeded to form APC. At the APC primary in December 2014, they did not work for the emergence of the only southern Presidential aspirant, Rochas Okorocha, to emerge as candidate. Instead they worked for General Muhammadu Buhari from Katsina state of northwest.

Furthermore, it didn't occur to them that the man they sought to dethrone, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, a fellow southerner from Bayelsa state, is a Southerner like them. Instead, they were determined to install a northern Buhari in their quest to be at the centre. Some of them accused their kinsmen from Yorubaland that were working for Jonathan as "bast*rds". Fellow southerners from the southeast and southsouth became their target of propaganda and abuse. Even their chieftains in the southsouth and southeast, like Rotimi Amaechi, Rochas Okorocha, Timpre Sylva, Adams Oshiomole, Ogbonaya Onu and their likes, ensured that they sabotaged the popular sentiment of their respective zones to actualise Buhari's presidency.

2023: Who Do These APC Elites Want To Fool?
Ahead of the 2023 election, these same APC southern elites are shouting "turn of the south" because they want to be the beneficiary. They and their agents are hypocritically chanting united south irrespective of party lines simply because they know that should APC go south, they are the people to benefit from it. Just because they need the collective votes of entire southerners, including their fellows from southwest that were maligned for standing with Dr Jonathan and Hon Mulikat in 2011 and 2015, as well as those of the southeast and southsouth that were targets of their propaganda in their quest to actualise Muhammadu Buhari presidency.

Indeed, it is only someone with short memory that will fall for their tricky game.

Therefore, southern APC chieftains and their agents like Chief Dele Momodu should stop being clever by half.

Written by Tonye Barcanista Inioribo

PDP is not bound by APC ticket zoning formula and vice versa, let each party guage the mood of the nation and select the candidate that it best feels can guarantee victory and can grow the nation.
Every choice has consequences, let the electorate deal the appropriate blows to any party that makes the wrong choice, I think we are gradually getting there
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Unik3030: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2021
sharpsecret:
like Raymond dokpesi and co mnk was a radio director....later becoming an activist and then freedom
which radio station boss?
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Unik3030: 10:11am On Sep 27, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'll soon school you
aren't u tired of telling me u will school me always,take your time to school me today.

Let your response b d schooling or else lock up
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by kayuseful: 10:14am On Sep 27, 2021
DMerciful:
Even PMB couldn't clear the entire North without massive rigging
That was PMB, not PYO
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
NakwansaPolice:

lol my own is that SE presidency or the north continues
you can't try to conner what belongs to the entire South under stupid southern unity.
SE/SS will never vote for a Yoruba candidate
that's the pure fact.
it's either igbo presidency or the north continues.
there are many notable igbos in APC
Let them get the ticket since you guys have had presidency and vice.

we shall see where greed will take everybody in 2023.

Hope you will not start crying for excess appointment and projects when your northern candidate loses the election. Don't expect anything beyond your statutory constitutional positions
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
NakwansaPolice:

lol my own is that SE presidency or the north continues
you can't try to conner what belongs to the entire South under stupid southern unity.
SE/SS will never vote for a Yoruba candidate
that's the pure fact.
it's either igbo presidency or the north continues.
there are many notable igbos in APC
Let them get the ticket since you guys have had presidency and vice.

we shall see where greed will take everybody in 2023.

Hope you will not start crying for excess appointment and projects when your northern candidate loses the election. Don't expect anything beyond your statutory constitutional positions.

Don't forget SW did not get presidency or VP because you dashed it to them.
Remember you voted 97% against that VP position of SW and should not expect any rewards or brownie points for that
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ruggedniggaone:
Thats what I keep saying southwest apc and their nairaland zombies supporters shouting southern presidency are not doing it in the interest of fairness and equality and unless you want to decieve yourself if both pdp and apc pick their candidate from southern Nigeria apc will have upper hand, because ipob no elections in biafra land will really affect pdp chance in their stronghold and they know that if pdp is to give their ticket to southerners it will definitely be an igbo man and they will definitely play ethic and religion card same strategy they use in 2015 against Jonathan,the only chance pdp have to wrestle power from this poverty infested bokoharam party is Northern candidate (not atiku)if southern apc really serious about southern presidency let apc too pick their presidential candidate from South East, abi there is no reasonable igbo in apc that can be given their party tickets?im for the betterment of this country and if apc give osibanjo their ticket today I will personally campaign and vote for him but Tinubu is no no for me and it should be for every sensible Nigerian because he is just buhari pro max.

In the last 22 years northern president has come twice from one zone NW and heaven did not fall. They threw it open to the 3 zones and winner was presented. If you want to vote for a northerner feel, it won't change much
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by poiZon: 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
kayuseful:
Good to hear you tonyeBarcanista

I believe it's your opinion, and not necessarily the majority's

I believe whether APC or pdp, the candidate that emerges will sway votes of the people.
For example,
If APC choose GEJ and pdp choose Atiku, you can't tell me APC will not win SS and SE
Also if APC chooses PYO, He's surely gonna make SS/SE at least a battleground for PDP.
Overall I feel 2023 is APC's to lose and pdp can only wait for decision mistakes from them to capitalize on
Its not just his opinion, every opinions are sentimental in all aspect and to really shock u, i tilt 100percent towards his opinion.
Make power stay in north.
Some southern fools cant sabotage another and later wants those he sabotaged to support him, mba... It can never be.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
NakwansaPolice:
since the formation of apc
has yoruba ever given apc bloc votes like the north
even during change tsunami in 2015
forget that propaganda of Yoruba and apc
just like Yoruba
Igbos have founding fathers in Apc too
the propaganda is already stale.

You will shocked to the marrow when you see 80% victory in 2023, don't shout betrayal and rigging by then

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Dapson73(m): 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
ConqueredWest:

Some of you Yorubas are really shortsighted.

You expect SS and SE to vote Osibanjo who connived against Jonathan.?

Even Jonathan and Osinbajo are now friends... Life continues.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
InHeaven:
It's riot Against common sense for anyone to think Igbos deserve APC ticket!

Igbos didn't sow in APC and they'll never reap there.

Even in PDP where they sow, they're ready and willing to be deny their birthright by settling for VP position.

No to Igbo presidency in APC, you can all do your WORSE and vote against SW
So Okorocha, Ngige and Onu are what?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
InHeaven:
SW has not been giving APC blocks of vote yet Buhari contested and won (with mergers of two major parties from North and SW) after losing 3 times consecutively. That's a joke.

Igbos so called APC founding fathers that couldn't win their polling unit? What a founder father.
Osinbanjo Lost his polling unit in 2019
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Is it a new thing,is it strange,that tinubu and you yorubas supported Jonathan 2011? Are we not all southerners?!
If Jonathan were from the north, won't it be strange and a taboo if the northerners didn't support him?
You people have no excuse whatsoever for your 2014 abomination and taboo,heaven sef knows that.
It would've been better if you yorubas had contested against Jonathan and won and the presidency would still have been in the the south but you people didn't contest but instead worked against the south and for a core northerner of all people popular for his "blood and baboons soaked in blood" once upon a time slogan! Now everything is almost ruined and if care ain't taken,the north will still retain power and would still be cos your confusion and selfishness.

Stop crying like a little kid whose candy was collected. This is not a school playground this is national issue. Jonathan in 2011 won Plateau, Taraba, Benue Kwara, Kogi all northern states but nobody is crying against them, neither is it strange. Jonathan lost most of these states in 2015 still no cry baby from the north over their choices?

Why are you the only crying baby over political choices of others? Rather than seek your own interest and make plans, your only strategy is revenge, that's immature and childish, ands best to watch you self destruct and play yourselves deeper into the abyss.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
NakwansaPolice:
[s][/s]
more trash.
sorry illiterates irritates me
go and read the requirements of winning presidential elections in Nigeria.
a presidential candidate must get at least 30% votes in a region before becoming a president
so let me school your illiterate mind.
had it been buhari failed to get 30% votes in SE that means the election will be inconclusive.
hope you've learnt one or two things today.
so technically buhari won 30%+ both in 2015 and 2019 respectively.
get learned and stop basing your educational life on buhari statement grin

False, to be elected a presidential candidate needs to win the popular vote and 25% vote in 24 states. If Buhari gets at least 25% of the votes in 19 northern states all he needs is 25% of total votes cast in any 5 southern states. If he gets that from SW, 0% votes in the SE and SS is enough to make him president if has majority votes cast.

Conversely a presidential candidate from the south needs 25% votes in 17 southern states and at least 25% votes cast in 7 northern states plus simple majority to be elected.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

Support ke.

ACN went to court to stop the NASS from recognizing GEJ as acting President.

Stop lying.

Big liar when did that happen? There's no existing media report of such, this is a mere figment of your imagination
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
oyatz:

Nigerian democracy needs to mature.

Politics is dynamic and not static. There are many things that need to happen to define our democratic culture.

Bursting of certain myths will help to reforce the democratic culture of this country.

A candidate from ANY region can defeat a candidate from ANY region if he and his political party work well enough for the victory.

We've been telling them that hanging the political future of a whole region on the mantra that northerners don't vote for southerners is not a strategy but mere emotional response. Even though the real evidence on ground doesn't support that mantra, the emotion is so strong. Same people who just got bitten by incumbent don't lose elections in Nigeria, you'd think they've learnt anything in 6 years.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by Ovamboland(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
sharpsecret:
nnamdi Kaduna was a broadcaster in radio Biafra until he formed ipob in 2014

And that's a job? He's been feeding from Biafra loss for a long time.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by oyatz(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ovamboland:

We've been telling them that hanging the political future of a whole region on the mantra that northerners don't vote for southerners is not a strategy but mere emotional response. Even though the real evidence on ground doesn't support that mantra, the emotion is so strong. Same people who just got bitten by incumbent don't lose elections in Nigeria, you'd think they've learnt anything in 6 years.

As we continue this democratic journey, so many issues will crop up and we will deal with these issues to become better.

The Buhari Administration have certain flaws that will eventually be blessings in disguise.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by DabuIIIT: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ovamboland:

Stop crying like a little kid whose candy was collected. This is not a school playground this is national issue. Jonathan in 2011 won Plateau, Taraba, Benue Kwara, Kogi all northern states but nobody is crying against them, neither is it strange. Jonathan lost most of these states in 2015 still no cry baby from the north over their choices?

Why are you the only crying baby over political choices of others? Rather than seek your own interest and make plans, your only strategy is revenge, that's immature and childish, ands best to watch you self destruct and play yourselves deeper into the abyss.

Quit hitting your head on the wall and blowing the penny whistle rants from your arsse,I'm Niger Deltan...

4KU and those bloody northern states...they all voted against GEJ and today they are worse off and at the mercy of killer herdsmen and bandits.

Today alone,34 dead and houses razed in southern Kaduna!

4QuAll
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by InHeaven(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Inconsequential from inconsequential region
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So Okorocha, Ngige and Onu are what?
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by sharpsecret: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ovamboland:

And that's a job? He's been feeding from Biafra loss for a long time.
what of the guys broadcasting in DStv channels....is it not there job?
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by sharpsecret: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Unik3030:
which radio station boss?
what station are u expecting to hear..brilla FM or radio Lagos?....all those one na stations....stations that cannot do shit outside the shores of Nigeria....my leader is director with radio Biafra and radio Biafra is the most popular radio in the eastern part of Nigeria..and it's an international radio station
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by mp3ree: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Who told you I'm from the SE?
I'm a proud SS from Edo and you can't be from the SS cos if you are from the SS,you definitely should never be talking like this!
The SW commited a great abomination against the entire south a the south south in particular. The SS prior to that time had been neglected and never produced the president and the south west conspired with the strangers against fellow southerners,an abominable, sacrilegious thing. And now the same SW needs the support of the same people they betrayed to become president!!! Na so life come be!
And you are here, claiming Niger Delta and talking rubbish.
It hurts,no reasonable southerner wants these unproductive northerners in power again but the treachery and hypocrisy of the the SW people stinks.

If you,a SW antagonize the SE or SS,you are antagonizing yourself as well,that's what you don't know .. likewise a SE that antagonizes the SW is also antagonizing himself.
Where did this hatred and bitterness from the SW against the south easterners and even the SS suddenly come from?!

Where in edo are you from? Cos am also from edo state.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by mp3ree: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2021
mp3ree:

Where in edo are you from? Cos am also from edo state.

No southerners wants another northerner to rule again base on the buhari debacles, what am saying is the southwest did not betray South, if Jonathan had abided by the agreement he had with southwest their wouldn't have been a buhari.
Check 2011 voting pattern all the southwest aside osun voted Jonathan.
Re: 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Making sense.

Let's see how it goes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyorchia Ayu: APC Will Die In 2023 / Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast / Presidential Debate On AIT: Very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.