Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28358 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by olola4(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Not every landlady though, I once lived with a landlady who made life so easy for me.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by melaniaup: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
A room self contained apartment is available at Lagos State quote me if interested
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by osuofia2(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ladychioma: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?
Not all landlords and landladies are like that. Our landlord at Enugu was a very good man.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by J2381: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
You don't have to fight her bro. What are the terms you agreed to when you signed the agreement form? If she's supposed to supply your mum water then she's breaching the terms and you can sue her.

Never be afraid of going to court. Since you got the apartment through a lawyer let him take the case up. I'm sure the lady will back down when she knows your lawyer is the one taking the case up.

CC. Nononsenseguy
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by MrHighSea: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
there're bigger issues.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Na to pack out be that
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by aikyg(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Never live in the same house as the landlady (or the landlord) if you are not ready to overlook some very painful disrespects.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by bammy00(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
You're only entitled to a proper quit notice. The Law doesn't mandate a refund of any of those fees you want back.
Even the quit notice period is not free.
Take your L and leave her to her maker.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Niyinficient(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Alaye, not all landlords and landladies are evil. You folks are just unlucky to get the bad one.

Simply apply the two year rule of the tenancy agreement which you paid for when getting the house. No follow am exchange word, Just tell her your lawyer will be ready to receive her “quick notice “.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by AsawanaDgreat: 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Her rent will soon expire na, so she will give you guys sometime to look for another apartment before leaving the � or else the law court will separate you and her.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by adisabarber(m): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Was there an agreement that she will provide water for your mum? You are not a tenant in that house and you can be arrested for conduct likely to breach public peace. Your mum is the tenant, not you. If your name is on the receipt and you don't live there then you have illegally transferred your tenancy to another person. Be careful with your madness, it can land you in serious trouble. As for people not living with their landlord or landlady, one day you will build your house and tenants will also wish you don't live in a house you built with your money.

Nononsenseguy:

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by end1999constitu(m): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Go ahead because the heavenly God and the gods of the land are with you to defeat her
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Scottz: 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Living with a landlord choke oo
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Scottz: 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Niyinficient:
Alaye, not all landlords and landladies are evil. You folks are just unlucky to get the bad one.

Simply apply the two year rule of the tenancy agreement which you paid for when getting the house. No follow am exchange word, Just tell her your lawyer will be ready to receive her “quick notice “.

quit
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Healthybiz: 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
smiley
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them
my niiigggga grin grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lemme first disagree with where you said we should not live where the landlord also lives - I've been living here for over 5 years and my landlord and his wife live here. No single issue with anybody. Though just 4 block of 2b apartments.

However, na so women be nah. Because she be landlady, she wants come dey flex muscle.

This is why people don't support women holding higher public posts, cos of their evil minds. grin

Remember that stupid girl in soldier uniform wey humiliated a female corper some days ago?

That's women for you.

If a woman becomes Nigeria President, u men go smell pepper.
Though I want a female to become Nigeria President sooner.

The future is wicked. grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by mrksquare: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Seek the path of peace. You should have inquired from the landlady why she prevented your family from accessing the well?

Secondly, before entering into a rented apartment you should ensure that there is an agreement that spells out the facilities you can freely use in the property.

This problem would not have arising if the agreement you signed before your family moved into the house was all encompassing.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Make we join the war? Who will supply us some arms? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by QuickStandard: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wahala be like who no sabi ride Okada
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Jammy2012(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Having a female landlord can be the most frustrating thing ever. Some of them just act as if they are possessed by demons. My then landlady would take the key to the tap to work. The only time you can fetch water is in the morning and at night when she's back from work. As a sharp guy, I and my land lady used to use water from the same drum Sha. Maybe she would know by seeing this. Me I no send o. Those witches would just amplify your frustration. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Temmylee01(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them
you're highly welcome, oh boy how many months the mod knack you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
undecided
Nononsenseguy:

You should keep your gunpowder dry,the battle is yet to start,ignore her verbal quit notice and Carry on with your life,wait until the lawyer serves you a quit notice,by then you will know if it's to go or renew your rent,if you are to go,you are entitled to up to 6 months rent free for you to get another accomodations.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Naijanascam: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
You over reacted...... are your parents the only people affected by the ban?....... make peace with the house owner please because you will surely loose in the long run..

You invaded and destroyed her property

You are an invader
You are an intruder
You can be labeled anything
Because you are not living there

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by InvertedHammer: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

/
Just move out.

Your family endured for a whole year and you are coming to complain at the last minute.
/

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Lastmankc(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...
Baba, the guy is right.I have had the experience before.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by kollysnut(m): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

I feel your pain bro, but my landlord na nigga like me, all I need to do every month to buy brandy or whisky, we cool. Intact best Landlord ever, he dash all the tenants 6months rent cos of coro, so sorry bro, please get a lawyer, don't act rash..

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by vanbonattel: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

She claims the well isn't too deep and dries up quickly but whenever she wants water, she opens it and fetches. I tire for some people, this devil we are talking about lives inside of some people

Na so person dey use his hand invite permanent poverty curse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.