Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28360 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by odimbannamdi(m): 12:40am On Sep 28, 2021
adisabarber:
Was there an agreement that she will provide water for your mum? You are not a tenant in that house and you can be arrested for conduct likely to breach public peace. Your mum is the tenant, not you. If your name is on the receipt and you don't live there then you have illegally transferred your tenancy to another person. Be careful with your madness, it can land you in serious trouble. As for people not living with their landlord or landlady, one day you will build your house and tenants will also wish you don't live in a house you built with your money.

Deep. Very deep. You are wise
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by xtervaganza(m): 3:18am On Sep 28, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?
she has just given your family the license to live in the house for free. I did weyrey for one idiot like that who asked me to leave within 7 days. I turn her house to rent free till I got tired
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by samuel051: 4:36am On Sep 28, 2021
affable4:
Hahahaha. I live in the same compound with my landlord for 5years now, no issues. I play my role, you play yours.

You can only avoid career landlord and landladies, people who make a living from just the rent they collect. Those ones see the property as their business center and are always impatient to see the next rent due date.

With the above in mind, they can frustrate you to want to pack out so they can collect another agent, agreement and caution fees. And maybe, increase rent too.

In fact, career landlord/landladies are a frustrated bunch looking for who to frustrate.
Exactly the characteristics of landlords called SULEIMAN.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by LagBlogger(m): 6:44am On Sep 28, 2021
Solatium:
undecided

You should keep your gunpowder dry,the battle is yet to start,ignore her verbal quit notice and Carry on with your life,wait until the lawyer serves you a quit notice,by then you will know if it's to go or renew your rent,if you are to go,you are entitled to up to 6 months rent free for you to get another accomodations.

Rent free for 6 months ba? You never jam landlord wey Sabi law. You will pay for those six months by force.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by nodullin(m): 7:24am On Sep 28, 2021
I think the major lesson here is living with your Landlord who doesn't have any other business or trade asides collecting rent. Someone described them as Career landlords.

I am presently living with one.

He walks around the compound everytime inspecting it like someone going to his office in the morning.

He gives instructions on where to and how to park every now and then.

We used to have an end of year party until they dissociated themselves from the whatsap group and we went ahead to throw the party that year without involving them but notifying them we will be throwing a party as usual - all of a sudden they confine us to a space in the compound after that.

If you see where or how they insult or talk deregotarry to Tenants that are paying them you'll feel bad for them. Funny enough I am not talking of cheap rent.

I know there are good Landlords/lady's out there but these ones that are poor/lucky/jobless they can want to frustrate you.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by basadenet: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2021
She has to take you to court before ejection. As for not wanting to live with landlord or landlady, it is a matter of choice. Many people prefer to live with owner because issues are easily resolved. And when you too build your own house , no tenants will be willing to live with you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by basadenet: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2021
xtervaganza:
she has just given your family the license to live in the house for free. I did weyrey for one idiot like that who asked me to leave within 7 days. I turn her house to rent free till I got tired

Law does not allow anybody to live in somebody s house for free, even if given quit notice, you are still going to pay your rent before leaving

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2021
LagBlogger:

Rent free for 6 months ba? You never jam landlord wey Sabi law. You will pay for those six months by force.

Except you don't know your right under the same law, i refer you to Lagos rent law.
stop stupid argument
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Temmylee01(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2021
mosdii:

3 months but we move. The gospel must be preached to every simp
waĆ a, that mod Koni shey awon orire.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Dpundict: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2021
My landlord and landlady will know the devil that they have been messing with in November. I have been bearing alot since December last year but since I will never renew my apartment here after all they have done from packing the sand of the place I stood Last Thursday and other evils before that, I will show them I am not the person who they have been seeing in the compound. I already reported them at police station before for what they once did to my water. This time, it will only take my 50k balance to forestall the inevitable from happening.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by LagBlogger(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2021
Solatium:

Except you don't know your right under the same law, i refer you to Lagos rent law.
stop stupid argument

You must mention stupid because you see a different argument. That is how stupid people reason .

The same Lagos rent law doesn't give you automatic 6 months rent free under the guise of 6 months quit notice. If the landlord knows his right you will be properly educated about the meaning of mense profit.

The stupid argument is the one lacking substance.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2021
LagBlogger:

You must mention stupid because you see a different argument. That is how stupid people reason .

The same Lagos rent law doesn't give you automatic 6 months rent free under the guise of 6 months quit notice. If the landlord knows his right you will be properly educated about the meaning of mense profit.

The stupid argument is the one lacking substance.

The same law that binds the Tenant is what binds the landlord, guess you are one of those shylock landlords,i don't expe6that to seat well with you,major reason i referenced the rent law,but in your bid to continue the stupid argument you have no reference to quote except that same ryme of "if the landlord knows his right"
Na only landlord get right?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by xtervaganza(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2021
basadenet:

Law does not allow anybody to live in somebody s house for free, even if given quit notice, you are still going to pay your rent before leaving
law also doesn't give you the right to throw anybody out of your house. They might end up begging you to leave at last
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by LagBlogger(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2021
Solatium:

The same law that binds the Tenant is what binds the landlord, guess you are one of those shylock landlords,i don't expe6that to seat well with you,major reason i referenced the rent law,but in your bid to continue the stupid argument you have no reference to quote except that same ryme of "if the landlord knows his right"
Na only landlord get right?

You are one of those irresponsible tenants who wants to live rent free.

Go try with the wrong person you go know how far.

Point of correction it is Lagos Tenancy law which your ignorant self cannot defend.

Let your rent expire, don't pack out and wait for 6 months notice so you can live rent free. You will know landlord too have rights.

Now run along and ruminate over my free advice.

Also the stupid argument is yours, quote the part of the law that allows you live 6 months rent free.

Ignoramus.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by bepositive11: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

You can't generalise like that na
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
LagBlogger:

You are one of those irresponsible tenants who wants to live rent free.

Go try with the wrong person you go know how far.

Point of correction it is Lagos Tenancy law which your ignorant self cannot defend.

Let your rent expire, don't pack out and wait for 6 months notice so you can live rent free. You will know landlord too have rights.

Now run along and ruminate over my free advice.

Also the stupid argument is yours, quote the part of the law that allows you live 6 months rent free.

Ignoramus.

As at the last check i have never owed anyone rent from day one i have been letting houses,i have never had any cause to missuse other people's property.

As at the last check i can't remember letting any of your house or your relatives property
why the thing they pain you is what I can't understand,those who made the law had wicked souls like you in mind before making such law,they know people like you are fucking oppressive and the need to put a stop to your madness,they know people like you can't survive without those rents you get,hence the need to treat tenants with respect and dignity.
For your information,in our own house gan,once we are the one asking you to leave we give you 6 months to move out,we had given a tenant a whole year to get himself and the family sorted,in that situation no one accused us of any wrong doing.

I don't spoon feed people with information,at least i have pointed you the law,
Instead of senseless argument you engage in why don't you download it and peruse,keep for future reference so that you don't end up in jail just in case you come across those who knows and want to claim their rights
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by LagBlogger(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Solatium:

As at the last check i have never owed anyone rent from day one i have been letting houses,i have never had any cause to missuse other people's property.

As at the last check i can't remember letting any of your house or your relatives property
why the thing they pain you is what I can't understand,those who made the law had wicked souls like you in mind before making such law,they know people like you are fucking oppressive and the need to put a stop to your madness,they know people like you can't survive without those rents you get,hence the need to treat tenants with respect and dignity.
For your information,in our own house gan,once we are the one asking you to leave we give you 6 months to move out,we had given a tenant a whole year to get himself and the family sorted,in that situation no one accused us of any wrong doing.

I don't spoon feed people with information,at least i have pointed you the law,
Instead of senseless argument you engage in why don't you download it and peruse,keep for future reference so that you don't end up in jail just in case you come across those who knows and want to claim their rights

Oga, go and live rent free for 6 months let us see if your poverty stricken self won't be forced to pay to an enlightened landlord.

Mense profit you don check am. Evil person wanting to live rent free.

Try it first let us hear how it went.

Other evil tenants reading this, the law doesn't give you 6 months free rent in lieu of quit notice like this ignoramus is selling to you.

Even in Nigeria where justice is slow you will pay those 6 months by force.

Slow pokes and Osho free everywhere.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
LagBlogger:

Oga, go and live rent free for 6 months let us see if your poverty stricken self won't be forced to pay to an enlightened landlord.

Mense profit you don check am. Evil person wanting to live rent free.

Try it first let us hear how it went.

Other evil tenants reading this, the law doesn't give you 6 months free rent in lieu of quit notice like this ignoramus is selling to you.

Even in Nigeria where justice is slow you will pay those 6 months by force.

Slow pokes and Osho free everywhere.

Son of a shylock landlord don vex o grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by LagBlogger(m): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
Solatium:

Son of a shylock landlord don vex o grin

Evil ignoramus tenant don hear am o.

You don learn lesson ba. No go thief tomorrow in the name of living rent free. You hear ba.

You know thieves always cry las las.

Promise to be a good boy from today, no more Osho free and ignorance.

Or else the long arm of the law go show you shege
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ACE1010: 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2021
mosdii:
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them

Guy wetin concern naija girls and this matter angry cheesy grin grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by daniella45(f): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
hey don't talk too much
lets channel our energy to sumtin reasonable now

lemme look for that stick i kept for killing thieves
it has 969 nail perforations...
lets goan attack that devil incarnate
nothing spoil........
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by daniella45(f): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

hey don't talk too much
lets channel our energy to sumtin reasonable now

lemme look for that stick i kept for killing thieves
it has 969 nail perforations...
lets goan attack that devil incarnate
nothing spoil........

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SHOCK7(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
YeyeGbami:
You could have spoken to her and hear her own side of the story before you removed the lock.

Did she recently lock the well?
Well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.