Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,739 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28355 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ginomel(m): 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Solatium:

Since you are not sure,just move on,those of us who knows and have applied in the past don't think.
We are sure

Maybe you applied that on an uninformed landlord.Dont try that on an exposed landlord or you will pay double including the money you are gathering for a new rent elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by 123readygo: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
You did well bro...
I suffered the same fate with my then landlady. As a matter of fact, her hubby died in overseas and she went to bring his corpse back to Nigeria and barely two weeks she left she called home and gave a standing instruction that we should stop pumping water. And that was how my younger brother who was in his middle 30's started fetching water in the streets...
When I couldn't withstand the shame I had to build my house.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Some landlords no get time, i’m staying downstairs from mine and we never had one issue for years.

My landlord the first day we go meet sef, he knocked my door and i asked who be that he said one of the tenants. I opened he said make i move my car so he can go out, if not that the lawyer told me say na my landlord dey up i won’t even know.

Him dey travel out well, probably that is why him no dey get time for long thing.
U get luck be that na. Which state you living?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
melaniaup:
A room self contained apartment is available at Lagos State quote me if interested
Location pls
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
melaniaup:
A room self contained apartment is available at Lagos State quote me if interested
. Were pls
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
For two years I rented my apartment, have not seen my landlord...i don't even know how he looks like sef... Na only watsapp call he dey like call me...
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by HEBEI: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?
My own landlady was an angel in human form. She was living with us in the same compound.

Lost her this year.
May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ofiko123(m): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
May God be with us all..
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ossaiii: 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
I am facing related problem... Never had my landlord or landlady lived in the compound not until early this year my landlord came from abroad and married a second wife here in Nigeria. Now the girl stays in the compound while he has traveled back.

Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by mosdii(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Temmylee01:
you're highly welcome, oh boy how many months the mod knack you

3 months but we move. The gospel must be preached to every simp
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ginomel:

Maybe you applied that on an uninformed landlord.Dont try that on an exposed landlord or you will pay double including the money you are gathering for a new rent elsewhere

Dust up your domesticated lagos rent law or ask your legal adviser.
You don't argue all things,most especially the ones you don't know
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Testimony1988(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's true, it's well.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by okine4real: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ginomel:

Sarcasm of the year. I just want to assume you are not serious. One day your tenant will lock you out of your house and you will be begging him, all in the name of allowing them to enjoy their tenancy.

A tenant calling the landlord at 11pm because of parking space? Why not professionalise your comedy talent.

Not everybody is proud or unreasonable. I built the house when I was 37 years. I have 5units of room and parlor self contain, and I get 500k each and I get 375k for one unit of room self contain. The said tenant is my age group, I think am older than him with two years. I leave close to the house, the parking space of the house is in from of the house, I slabbed the gutter in front of the house so my tenants can park there cars, people from other houses then come to park there cars there, so when he comes back at night, he would not get where to park.

I repeat, as a landlord, you don't lord over your tenants, if its for house, I have houses not house, but I don't lord over tenants. I have tenants owing me 4 years rent, if I pass beside them self, you would not know they are owing me. Someone said if he is coming, all his tenants go compose themselves, I don't understand? Are they living on free rent? If i paid rent, I should be able to walk around as I like. A tenant should not be a slave in my house. The koko is don't destroy my house. If you be guy and babes dey find you come as many as possible, so what....the tenant paid rent ,so let him enjoy is money, or if I go rent hotel and I dey carry different woman come the hotel, its nobodies business, so far I paid for the room.

As for locking me out, how will a tenant lock me out. A landlord would only lord over me, if my rent is cheap rent, but if am living in an expensive house, the landlord has to treat me with respect. Eg if am paying 1.5M for three bed room, as a landlord you go respect me now, if you park your car, I go even park my jeep or Range for your back, and when you won comot you go call me for phone politely. But when you are paying 350k for a three badroom is Jibowu, if landlord come you go dey say yes sir, yes sir. So bro just chill when you treat your tenants well, when them misbahave, when you back them even baba God nor go vex, this is my believe.

Now let me give you another senerio, a tenant paid 550k for room and parlor self contain, 500k rent and 50k service charge. This was in Feb 2021. Rain start to dey fall, this guys house was leaking, I had already fixed the room before they moved in, but I never new it was still leaking, this guys would call me when its raining, once it starts raining, my heart to dey skip, sometimes when leaving home they would remove there TV from the wall because of rain. This guys paid 550k, less than 2 months and they are having this issues, I look for carpenter tire, after so many disappoinents finally the roof got fixed, the couple never shouted, they never disrespected me, all this happened I believe because of how I treat my tenants. So my friend, even if you get money, be humble.....I have tenants that are 50 years plus and am not up to 40 years, but I respect them very well, I nor dey do like boss because I be landlord.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Gfskw: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
When you build you will understand landlord and landlady pain

Most of you don’t even know it takes over 20 years plus to recoup money spent on building alone not to talk of profiting. Most landlords might be dead before then cos of old age

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SaintUlot: 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Moral lesson from this thread according to the op: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE LANDLORD OF THE HOUSE YOU WANT TO RENT IS DECEASED BEFORE YOU MAKE PAYMENT, TO AVOID ISSUES LIKE THE ONE BEING FACED BY THE OP.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by wisemum: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
If your mum is a yearly tenant, she is entitled to a 6 month quit notice. Her landlady cannot tell her to go once the rent expires. She has to give her 6 months to look for another place. But It is NOT rent free. You can't live in someone else's house free of charge. Even the State government cannot allow you live rent free in government property. You must pay for the 6 months. This is what you should explore with the landlady. Ask for the 6 month quit notice and be ready to pay for the 6 months. Some tenants are trouble makers. If she has locked her well, then so be it. If the agreement doesn't say she provides water then you are holding the short end of the stick. Instead of creating trouble and bad blood, I advise you look for another apartment and simply move your mum there.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Jazzman01: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...

Don't mind him. I have lived with three different landlords and I have never had issues with anyone of them.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
SmellySperm:

U get luck be that na. Which state you living?

Yes indeed. Lagos
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ten06(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please, if you have the capacity deal with her very well until she realizes that the way she suffered her husband before he died she cannot suffer others like that.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Fantazy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
I just got freedom from that bondage few months ago.
As in, living with your landlord(s) can be likend to living in hell!
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Yes indeed. Lagos
Show me the way bro. I don't mind relocating from my state down there for the hustle
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Vermine: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
iamphilips:
It all depends on attitude and character of the landlord and his tenants... Tenants ain’t saints either. My parents have tenants also and trust me, those guys can give someone high BP. One is still owing 200k from his rent of last year Nov and another November is here already. Whenever you ask, he would say business ain’t going fine so no money. The other day it was the pumping machine that spoilt, everybody locked up... For 2 weeks straight no water, Had to send money for them to get a new one... after splitting the money... some have still not paid their share, claiming that things are hard........ So it’s not always landlord and land lady. Tenants have their own.
very very very true.some tenants just are just demons.very very proud I tell you.the are just angry that the are living in someone's house and not there own I swear.the won't ever pay bills and rent in time .some of this landlords don't have much or anything at all.they depend so much on the rent.he or she dint build the house for you for free.some build it as an investment to collect rent.it is his business and you want pay whenever you want and do as you pls.no way.and don't play with someones business.and again I am not sure that what the complainer above is saying is the truth because you will see some tenants speak bad about a land Lord but the are the ones at fault if you dig dip.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ibinaboonline: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Trash. Humility is king. Humility can bring out the angel in that your mother's landlady you met just once and decided she's a devil. If she locked the well, did you try talking to her about it first before you went straight and broke the key? What if that well was not there? Would you not fetch water again? Was the well an explicit part of your agreement? And the woman said when your rent expires, leave, and you're forming madness. I don't pray for your type of tenants. Wahala.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by HajiaNotu: 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
I am presently staying with a Full-time landlord....

I dont know how to explain the evil dwelling in him.
This man is selfish, wicked,inconsiderate and doesnt have human feelings..

You dare not owe him..

You cant put on generator...

You cant go out anytime you want...(6am-11pm)

You cant park your vehicle in the compound...

I can go on and on....

I just pray that I am boxed up to leave....

Its a living hell.. but we mooouuve undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
SmellySperm:

Show me the way bro. I don't mind relocating from my state down there for the hustle

Nothing much bro, we just dey manage for here o. Na japa sure pass bro.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Exodora: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Op in everything you do anger Management is very important .
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ginomel(m): 12:26am On Sep 28, 2021
okine4real:

Not everybody is proud or unreasonable. I built the house when I was 37 years. I have 5units of room and parlor self contain, and I get 500k each and I get 375k for one unit of room self contain. The said tenant is my age group, I think am older than him with two years. I leave close to the house, the parking space of the house is in from of the house, I slabbed the gutter in front of the house so my tenants can park there cars, people from other houses then come to park there cars there, so when he comes back at night, he would not get where to park.

I repeat, as a landlord, you don't lord over your tenants, if its for house, I have houses not house, but I don't lord over tenants. I have tenants owing me 4 years rent, if I pass beside them self, you would not know they are owing me. Someone said if he is coming, all his tenants go compose themselves, I don't understand? Are they living on free rent? If i paid rent, I should be able to walk around as I like. A tenant should not be a slave in my house. The koko is don't destroy my house. If you be guy and babes dey find you come as many as possible, so what....the tenant paid rent ,so let him enjoy is money, or if I go rent hotel and I dey carry different woman come the hotel, its nobodies business, so far I paid for the room.

As for locking me out, how will a tenant lock me out. A landlord would only lord over me, if my rent is cheap rent, but if am living in an expensive house, the landlord has to treat me with respect. Eg if am paying 1.5M for three bed room, as a landlord you go respect me now, if you park your car, I go even park my jeep or Range for your back, and when you won comot you go call me for phone politely. But when you are paying 350k for a three badroom is Jibowu, if landlord come you go dey say yes sir, yes sir. So bro just chill when you treat your tenants well, when them misbahave, when you back them even baba God nor go vex, this is my believe.

Now let me give you another senerio, a tenant paid 550k for room and parlor self contain, 500k rent and 50k service charge. This was in Feb 2021. Rain start to dey fall, this guys house was leaking, I had already fixed the room before they moved in, but I never new it was still leaking, this guys would call me when its raining, once it starts raining, my heart to dey skip, sometimes when leaving home they would remove there TV from the wall because of rain. This guys paid 550k, less than 2 months and they are having this issues, I look for carpenter tire, after so many disappoinents finally the roof got fixed, the couple never shouted, they never disrespected me, all this happened I believe because of how I treat my tenants. So my friend, even if you get money, be humble.....I have tenants that are 50 years plus and am not up to 40 years, but I respect them very well, I nor dey do like boss because I be landlord.

Cheers.

From your write up, I can deduce that you are very objective and a kind of disciplined. But my concern is overdoing it to avoid being belittled by the same tenants you are regarding.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong in being reasonable as you outlined but you need to tread with caution. You are really unique but it's quite a sensitive approach to landlord -tenant agreement

On your first paragraph, not all landlords will tolerate being called at odd hours to repark for a fellow tenant, let alone the landlord .

In your second to the last paragraph, a landlord is a landlord and must be fully respected whether the tenant is paying 2m yearly or 200,000 yearly. That's my stand and probably many people 's.

As per your last paragraph, you acted rightly and that is the best way to act.
It'll be wrong to be against a tenant that reminded a landlord of his property agreement obligation .

The landlord will be very unfair to have issues with the tenant because of such complaints.

Personally, I feel too that it's not good to bully or lord over tenants but some people like taking advantage of a sensible landlord and mistake it as weakness.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Lostchild(m): 12:37am On Sep 28, 2021
Nononsenseguy

You should avoid any compound where the owner is a woman.

Women are terrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, Traps 10 People / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.