Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28365 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by almarthins(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?

Well, I would not know why many landlords and landlady would do smtin like that. Though I have one landlord in my street who keeps his own well open for every one to fetch. I am nt in support of those kind of behavior that landlords exibit. God give u smtin no mean make u come dey use am punish people around you. May God never let us live with our enemy o
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by okuwehcris: 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
I understand your pain and sometimes it's vis-a-vis, my tenants do make me feel like being a terror landlord. They would call me up to come and fix a spilt pump that's a result of their usage, one even called me to come and talk to phcn officials for the light he's using. I was can some human be this dull not knowing it's not my responsibility since I provided them in good conditions.

Now I decided to be monitoring their usage to the facilities and they are now feeling like why is landlord always coming around to disturb them

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by melaniaup: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
MrEazi223:

Where in Lagos state?

Oyegunle
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by adisabarber(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
blaise26abj:

If you want to make trouble , get a lawyer and write them that since she gave you quit notice , you need the statutory 6 months to search for an alternative . Do this to stress the landlady but don’t act on it. The fact that she will think she won’t make anything for 6 months will haunt her for some days or weeks . Then get another place as fast as you can .

Who told you the 6 months is free? You better talk to your lawyer. Even the state will not give you free accommodation talkless of a court asking a lanlord to make his house available for free. Most landlords just let it go but it is not free and a landlord can start a court case to retrieve the rent with interest and his legal fees from you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by okine4real: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=Misteeq1 post=106222615] I no follow support your action. You had no right to break the landlady's padlock at all. Was it stated in the tenancy agreement that tenants should/should not use the well?? You really should get your facts straight before you go around looking for a lynch mob. Anyway, you stated the rent expires next week so just move your mum to a house without a live-in landlord/lady and stop whatever aggression you have boiling up in you. It won't end well.[/quote

how will you guys be asking if the landlady is suppose to supply them water? what is the well for? dam yes, the landlady is suppose to supply them water.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by guru03(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
I have such bitter experience, I had to confront the devil herself.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by tommy589(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Some landlords no get time, i’m staying downstairs from mine and we never had one issue for years.

My landlord the first day we go meet sef, he knocked my door and i asked who be that he said one of the tenants. I opened he said make i move my car so he can go out, if not that the lawyer told me say na my landlord dey up i won’t even know.

Him dey travel out well, probably that is why him no dey get time for long thing.

It is the humanity in him not his travelling experiences. God will move you to your own house very soon,for relating a contrary widespread notion about landlords.

You see Op did not mention having dialogue with the landlady before breaking padlock,and this is an apartment you do not live.
To avoid story that touch we should not let anger control us. If she is wicked,move away.Several landlords and tenants are languishing in ikoyi and kirikiri for breaking ordinary padlocks. He believes he has not committed an offence until he gets to police station and lands in court

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Michaelgodis1: 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Where in Lagos State
melaniaup:
A room self contained apartment is available at Lagos State quote me if interested
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by YeyeGbami: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
tommy589:

It is the humanity in him not his travelling experiences. God will move you to your own house very soon,for relating a contrary widespread notion about landlords.

You see Op did not mention having dialogue with the landlady before breaking padlock,and this is an apartment you do not live.
To avoid story that touch we should not let anger control us. If she is wicked,move away.Several landlords and tenants are languishing in ikoyi and kirikiri for breaking ordinary padlocks. He believes he has not committed an offence until he gets to police station and lands in court

Big Amen! We need to learn to de escalate issues not the other way.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by emekajonny(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

. Living with the landlord/landlady will not always yield same experience as urs.
In your case, the landlady is an holy witch, my advice for u is to trend with caution as u intend to teach her a lesson. In my own case, our landlord living with us is a blessing to the whole occupants, our water runs straight 2 years no stop 24/7. Human beings differs in as much I know u will be a good landlady in future living with ur tenants.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Segzy19: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pele o, Dangote pikin.... See mouth like poor people. Just open mouth and talk anyhow...yet na people like you dey live for one dungeon come dey form here....
gistray:
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Onarabu: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
iamphilips:
It all depends on attitude and character of the landlord and his tenants... Tenants ain’t saints either. My parents have tenants also and trust me, those guys can give someone high BP. One is still owing 200k from his rent of last year Nov and another November is here already. Whenever you ask, he would say business ain’t going fine so no money. The other day it was the pumping machine that spoilt, everybody locked up... For 2 weeks straight no water, Had to send money for them to get a new one... after splitting the money... some have still not paid their share, claiming that things are hard........ So it’s not always landlord and land lady. Tenants have their own.

You're very right, many tenants takes advantage of tenancy laws to cheat on their landlords/landladies.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by nams77: 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Lalasticlala, please move this to Frontpage to get more ideas.
Just let it go. Its not worth the stress. Just relocate your folks but she must give you adequate time
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by chloride6: 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
You seem to be a trouble-maker...

OP..

Has the rent not expired?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by melaniaup: 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
Michaelgodis1:
Where in Lagos State

Oyegunle, alakoto
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by gasparpisciotta: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Get a dead goat and drop inside the well, when you are moving your mum out..

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by blaise26abj(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
adisabarber:

Who told you the 6 months is free? You better talk to your lawyer. Even the state will not give you free accommodation talkless of a court asking a lanlord to make his house available for free. Most landlords just let it go but it is not free and a landlord can start a court case to retrieve the rent with interest and his legal fees from you.

Please you check with your lawyer @ rent free. My lawyer told me. If the landlord wants to throw you out , he has to give you notice especially after your rent expires . He has to give you time and it varies up to 6 months . Smart landlords send reminders by mid-rent and ask that you confirm if you plan to renew . If you say no , then your 6 months notice starts from when you received the letter and they can use that as evidence in court to evict you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Pzpropertylimit(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Not all please . I have tenants living with me . I paid their light bills water bills connect my big generator to theirs . Everyone can't be wicked at the same time

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Coldie(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
No be every house with landlord or landlady cast
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by lilvicky68(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
CamusMidas:

What's the meaning of that? Shey the water wasn't part of the rent?
You don't understand what I'm saying..

Some compound usually have water issues..
It's best to know and avoid those compounds..
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by rickleye: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
As a landlord - It s a 2 edged sword. If you see the way some people treat a house - You'd think they were animals. And in some odd occassion the landlord over demands. Hence, you need to find out if you want the landlord living with you and the Landlord also needs to know what type of people he wants living on his property - Middle age or young vibrant who would be in at night and out during the day.
The best solution would have for you to have a meeting with the landlord to iron things out - Why was the well locked ? Was It left wide open for a long duration ? Was your mum earlier advised on etiquette on using the well. ?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by macho44(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Not all Landlords, some tenants sef get Their own for body
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuel051:
Never ever live in the house of Suleiman and Suleiwoman..life go tire u tire..
You have said it all. cheesy
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SavageResponse(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

You need to first tell us what your family did that made the landlady lock the well cos I'm very sure she did not just wake up and decide to go lock the well.

By the way I have lived in a house owned by a landlady, it was a pleasant experience for me!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by excess4luv: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Not all property owners are bully, I currently live in same compound with my landlord and we've never had issues.

The man and his family are rare species.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SavageResponse(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
blaise26abj:

If you want to make trouble , get a lawyer and write them that since she gave you quit notice , you need the statutory 6 months to search for an alternative . Do this to stress the landlady but don’t act on it. The fact that she will think she won’t make anything for 6 months will haunt her for some days or weeks . Then get another place as fast as you can .

If you're a retired pensioner who depends on rental income for survival would you let someone live in your house for free for 6 months?!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ndidibabe(f): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sundaypaul12345:
cheesy grin she can't send u packing without giving u at least six months notice
Says?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by colestephan86: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Word can draw sword and words can bring candy.
Don't be moved by emotions.
Reach out to the woman and talk to her politely.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by SavageResponse(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Get a dead goat and drop inside the well, when you are moving your mum out..

If you do that in my house I will spend money to make your life miserable and I will not stop until you curse the day you were born!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by gasparpisciotta: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
SavageResponse:

If you do that in my house I will spend money to make your life miserable and I will not stop until you curse the day you were born!!!

Story!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Johnnydboy: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
gistray:
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water
haba this is too harsh.....na bcus say u get ahbi...no worry life dey tech lessons until u fall u no go continue to open your mouth waaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts About Living In "Face Me I Face You Apartment"? / Everyday Cash Flow Sitting Pretty @ Chevron Lekki +2349030188831 / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.