Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. (28368 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
lilvicky68:

You don't understand what I'm saying..

Some compound usually have water issues..
It's best to know and avoid those compounds..
I agreed with you brother, but hear what the landlady said; that the water normally get dried and they should go look for water elsewhere.

My guy there is no justification for that, that's just madness.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ElectronicMoney(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

It's like you smoked wetin ur head no fit carry today?
I no get time for right now, u are obviously a selfish and inconsiderate person like the landlady I talked about.
Swerve jare.

What he said is true. Don't come here and try to poison people's mind because of one bad experience you had!
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by otukpoyam(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's why e good 2 rent houses from landlords or landlady who have other businesses and are well to do. 4:30am my landlord don open gate go work, still has his own event center,bakery,restaurant n small hotel. Almost all his children are abroad.Wetin he wan use rent do? Sometimes if I default on payment sef he won't have my time to say anything, but I usually use my brain to explain things and eventually pay
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Living with your landlord can be tricky, you may have a decent landlord, but these are rare in Nigeria.
Try to get your money and leave the yard.
Nothing worse than irresponsible landlord or landlady.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by otukpoyam(m): 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pzpropertylimit:
Not all please . I have tenants living with me . I paid their light bills water bills connect my big generator to theirs . Everyone can't be wicked at the same time

4 real. My parents didn't collect rent for the whole of 2020 because of corona virus wahala. The tenants are mostly teachers n hotel workers who were severly affected, it's from 2021 they started collecting rent. Maybe that's why I have luck to stay with a better landlord

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by NoToPile: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
You are insulting the woman calling her unmarried bitter woman who inherited house from somewhere, at least sebi she inherited it

Instead of you to reason the matter with her I lived somewhere in Ibadan during NYSC that we had to ration fetching water from the well, you fetch small it dries up.

She has said you guys should move, and I believe she will give you a notice to that effect, hope you know lawyer and agent fees is not her business. Shishi you can't collect from those agents.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Imustnottalk: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So because you had one bad experience with a particular property and it's landlord, everyone on Nairaland should scatter in fear of landlords for you? undecided

Abeg go sit down...
I know this type of comment will surely be on nairaland even those that are adults will still show their stupidities
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Amwitty(f): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Favicon:
Na wa o. Wahala for who no buy lands on instalments
Statements like this is why young people are pressured into illicit businesses please stop it.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Drunkdick85(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:
Good day all, hope your day is going well.

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified?

Please don't generalized.
I love with my landlady for more than three years yet we no get issues.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by kelmicheal: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Majority of the problems eminate from most tenants and their wahala.
In this life anyone looking for help or assistant should humble themselves to get it.
The house is not yours just a little issue can be solved if all parties maintain peace .
something prompted the landlady to lock up the well with padlock which nobody knows.
Forming boss in another person house is improper.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Niyinficient(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Scottz:
quit

Auto correct shit! Thanks bro
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Scottz: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Niyinficient:

Auto correct shit! Thanks bro
you welcome boss
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by descarado: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Typical of naija youth.
Shìshì, you no get yet you dey do emotional gragra.
Who gragra epp?

Devil has friends too

Simple approach and even bribery of bread or any snack would have solved this problem.

If she throw your family out, be ready to take them in

Heart first before brain

Mtcheeew
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by descarado: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
NoToPile:
You are insulting the woman calling her unmarried bitter woman who inherited house from somewhere, at least sebi she inherited it

Instead of you to reason the matter with her I lived somewhere in Ibadan during NYSC that we had to ration fetching water from the well, you fetch small it dries up.

She has said you guys should move, and I believe she will give you a notice to that effect, hope you know lawyer and agent fees is not her business. Shishi you can't collect from those agents.
Do you mind the ediot.

Make we give him cutlass so he will cut of her head.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ochelyko1: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

I'll go straight to the point. I rented a 2 bedroom flat for my mum last year October, paid agent and lawyer fees, the agent never told me the place has the landlady living in it.

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportuned to inherit the building from her family.
This woman locked the well and told my mum and younger bro to source for water elsewhere, I was mad when I got to hear what she's making my family go through. I came to the house and removed the padlock she locked the well with, she called my mom and told her to pack out when her rent expires next week.

Well, since she thinks the world revolves around her and wants everyone to fear and worship her, I'll show her what real madness is.

I have decided to ask her for a refund of the agent and lawyer fees I paid since it's barely one year, she can't stress my family this way and get away with it.

To everyone reading this, I have one advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Young man be calming down oooo, the landlady is evil we all agree to it, but saying u or encouraging people not to live a their landlord or landlady is wrong oooo not all landlady or landlord is wicked.

My mom is a landlady and it was her Tennant that is given her problem all the time. They won't want to maintain the compound, they won't want to pay light bill and security bill etc and yet they want to live happily inside someone house is not done that way now.

And as for ur agent fees and lawyer fees don't even bother u can't get it back. The only thing u can get back is ur cautioned fees

Lawyers and agent don't make refund so I will advice u pack out peacefully.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Meself: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
[Inluding all the girls and women in your family I hope

quote author=mosdii post=106220233]Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them[/quote]
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nfora: 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
blaise26abj:

Please you check with your lawyer @ rent free. My lawyer told me. If the landlord wants to throw you out , he has to give you notice especially after your rent expires . He has to give you time and it varies up to 6 months . Smart landlords send reminders by mid-rent and ask that you confirm if you plan to renew . If you say no , then your 6 months notice starts from when you received the letter and they can use that as evidence in court to evict you

Your lawyer must be a stupid ,charge and bail type.

How can he tell you rent is free?

The law protects both the tenant and landlord.

The 6 months period of grace is to give you time to move out not to cheat your landlord.You must still pay for your extra stay in the house.

This called MESNE profit.

Even the so much talked about 6 months notice is not sacrosanct,it all depends on what is in your rental agreement. 6months is applicable only if your landlord is foolish enough not to specify any quit notice period in the rental agreement.

If your rental agreement says 5days quit notice,you go in 5days!!
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by tranxo(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

Do you have a duly signed tenancy agreement?

If yes, what does it say about tenant's use of the well?
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Get a dead goat and drop inside the well, when you are moving your mum out..

grin
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by ncoolsome(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
iamphilips:
It all depends on attitude and character of the landlord and his tenants... Tenants ain’t saints either. My parents have tenants also and trust me, those guys can give someone high BP. One is still owing 200k from his rent of last year Nov and another November is here already. Whenever you ask, he would say business ain’t going fine so no money. The other day it was the pumping machine that spoilt, everybody locked up... For 2 weeks straight no water, Had to send money for them to get a new one... after splitting the money... some have still not paid their share, claiming that things are hard........ So it’s not always landlord and land lady. Tenants have their own.

So it's the responsibility of a tenant to repair your pumping machine in your house that you also living in??some landlords even as tenants to contribute in buying new ones...Thought you agreed to provide water at all cost in the tenancy agreement
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Lightorder: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

where is the action na? Oga, you dey learn work. My landlord said that he is afraid to knock my flat’s door . I told him,” alhaji , no be like that na”. I am a landlord and a tenant as well in Lagos. I don’t disturb my tenants. I am waiting for your action.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by OriOko88(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
gistray:
Poor people self

Rent a modern house with good water

U want ur mom to use bucket and start fetching water

Pele oooo. Baba olowo undecided
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Rastaramsey(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarr
You are not a preacher of love......
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by generalwo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

.... Bros u Wan ask for the agent fee wen your rent dey expire in one week time? The woman is wicked, I get it but if you take her to court on that ground.... U go lose o... U don stay the house for one year, the agent fee Don expire..... If you get money, find another crib for momsy and let her move out... E no get werin them dey use trouble do...... Leave her to her conscience...

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Tregmas: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

don't take the shit some think others are not human, my landlady disturbed my family some years back I quickly ordered her to refund my money and I parked out immediately.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Nweike190(m): 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
No borehole.. Welll cry...advice dig borehole for your mum in her flat.. Or better yet by her a home.... You should have dialogues maturedly with the landlady see reaon Why she is acting up.. If reason fails... Then implore legal means...

quote author=Nononsenseguy post=106215838]Good day all, hope your day is going well.

Please nairalanders, Is my action justified? [/quote]
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Tmlivesport(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Not all landlord or landlady

My parents being house owner in lagos have being leaving with tenants in same compound for years.

THE ONLY PROBLEM YOU WILL EVER HAVE WITH MY DAD IS NOT BUYING OR BUILDING YOUR OWN HOUSE WHILE STAYING AS A TENANT WITH HIM, this man will never let you rest, after you buy land even if it is half a plot, he will start forcing you to begin to mold block down in preparation for foundation laying.

The last time I count, only 2 tenants EVER left that compound without building their own house in lagos AND IT WAS DUE TO THE FACT THAT SUCH TENANT WANT TO PLEASE THEIR WIFE BY SPENDING LAVISHLY

If you are looking for house and a laywer or agent bring you to his house JUST FORGET IT, as he will never give you the house. He hate anything agent fee, lawyer fee or lazy people

We have different type of tenant sir , we also have different type of landlord sir.

God bless my DAD (A military Man)

As for your case the landlady was wrong for sure BUT kindly let it go

God bless you
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Oneday82: 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nononsenseguy:

My mum was happy and moved into the apartment, I noticed that after some months she was complaining about the house, I finally went there to see her, guess what? The landlady is a devil in human form, she's an unmarried bitter human who was opportune to inherit the building from her family.

To everyone reading this, I have one piece of advice, never live in the same building with the landlord or you would have yourself to blame at the end of the day.

Very sorry dude. The issue of your mom's case is very unfortunate. Some landlords or landladies are not bad as portrayed. Though some can be mean at times, let's not generalize all to be wicked.

I have properties and even at the entrance of my house is a standard 3 self-contained. I don't laugh or smile with them. You need to see the way coordinate themselves anytime they see me and they don't owe me at all.

Whatever issues you have with your landlord or landlady try and much as possible to resolve it with them and if they seem stubborn, just look for another place. No need to make trouble because the end might not end well.

Case to Note: Always inquire about a place before renting, It is very important. Because once tenants will one day become a Landlord.
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ginomel(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Solatium:
undecided

You should keep your gunpowder dry,the battle is yet to start,ignore her verbal quit notice and Carry on with your life,wait until the lawyer serves you a quit notice,by then you will know if it's to go or renew your rent,if you are to go,you are entitled to up to 6 months rent free for you to get another accomodations.

Where did you get that information that 6 months quit notice is a rent -free period? Please stop misinforming people.

6 months quit notice is for a valid rent, once the rent expires, I don't think it applies.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Solatium(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ginomel:

Where did you get that information that 6 months quit notice is a rent -free period? Please stop misinforming people.

6 months quit notice is for a valid rent, once the rent expires, I don't think it applies.

Since you are not sure,just move on,those of us who knows and have applied in the past don't think.
We are sure
Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Aguodo(m): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Normally cha, instead of me to stay for compound wey landlord dey control and stay,I rather pack go under bridge lipsrsealed

Especially compound wey landlady dey control,that compound dey get wahala with peace of mind via say she go wor dey control every single tenant.

But na guyman wey no know him right dey form mugu cha..
Na landlady them dey worry pass.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. by Ginomel(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
okine4real:
i have one rule at a landlord, I dont lord over my tenants. Personally my friend has withness when one of my tenant dey raise voice, i just kept quite. My friends says guy how you dey allow your tenant talk to you like this, i told him, because i be landlord doesnot mean i can lord over the tenants. The guys sometimes go call me for phone dey shout dey report matter about the issues, i go just say i would look into it. sometimes he would even use words like Bleep...I nor go talk anything. I give all my tenants privilege to enjoy the house, my only wahala be say nor by-pass prepaid meter. even the same guy dey owe rent, he go just call me say, oga landlord, pls give me small time, i go say i done hear, but the day he was trying to try raise voice the day my wife was around, the guy no know say my wife na fine woman but na Agbero, the woman just put am for him place, he kept quite. The guy go dey call me around 11.pm sometimes because of parking space. what am saying is, its wrong for landlords to lord over tenants. They have paid for the house, so let them enjoy the house in peace.

Sarcasm of the year. I just want to assume you are not serious. One day your tenant will lock you out of your house and you will be begging him, all in the name of allowing them to enjoy their tenancy.

A tenant calling the landlord at 11pm because of parking space? Why not professionalise your comedy talent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts About Living In "Face Me I Face You Apartment"? / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / Everyday Cash Flow Sitting Pretty @ Chevron Lekki +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.