Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Jake: Son Of Emperor - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jake: Son Of Emperor (26794 Views)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Son Of A God(a Story By A Nairalander) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2022
rapmike:
TWENTY FIVE

"The evidence is clear, he must die!" SIMI thundered in the council. "He killed my mother!"

Gerald looked at his Empress with cold anger. You are so blind to the truth! He knew that Jake was innocent, he was with Muyiwa for most of the day. The excuse that the murder happened in the morning was a farce.

"We must be careful in making conclusions, My Empress." Uche softly chided. "Let's not forget that he was the reason that she was here in the first place. If he didn't save her and his team, we won't be talking of this."

"So you are insisting that we let him go, Lord Uche?" Kike asked.

"No, I only want a fair judgement in this case. Jake has been with us for a long time....."

"The Imperious were with us for a long time before they decided to revolt!" Reagan clapped back. "This Imperious boy has done the same. Do you realize what he has done?"

Gerald heard enough. "You all are terrible counsellors and worse lords! Should I remind you that he has been on judgement from the very minute he arrived in this coven."

"For justifiable reasons!"

"What reasons? The prophecy? His abilities? The Deviants? Are we forgetting who we are?"

"Are you forgetting who you are, Emperor?" Glabach asked in a cold manner. "Your duty is to the coven and all it's associates, which includes her mother...."

"And Jake!" Gerald halted him there. "Have you forgotten that we have accepted him in our coven, that he is one of us? Where is the love, the affection we show to our own? Why are we so glad to judge him guilty? Answer me, COUNSELLORS!"

"It's councilors, my emperor." Lord Glabach smiled. " I understand that you must protect your son, but the evidence is on the screen. We all watched it here. Why delay?"

"Why?" Reese spoke forth. "Why we are delaying is because there is a system in place to judge such issues. Moreover, we have judged him falsely due to his abilities and heritage. Reagan spoke of the Deviants. We shouldn't forget that the reason why we stand here is because many vampires, including Imperious vampires rejected the Deviants and fought to preserve the sanctity of the coven. Should I also remind us that the reason why we made those laws against the Imperious is to make sure that they prove worthy of becoming one of us and that once they do we treat them as such." He paused. "He has done that again and again. If he actually killed the Empress Mother, there we have to find now why and how. We must judge him fairly and justly."

The hall was quiet for a long time. Gerald looked at them all. Glabach is looking for Jake's death but he won't find it easy! He could see that he and Kike were not happy about the way Reese had cooled the tempers down. I have to thank him.

"Let's recovene tomorrow." Gerald stood up. "Reese, Uche, come with me."
the coven is going to reborn by jake
let see how is going to happen
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2022
He had read of a certain spell that could be used to break through chains of enormous sizes. It was first used by a werewolf but the vampires had copied the spell and now they were comfortable using it. If he could use the spell, he could break free.

It had risks though. The spell used copious amounts of blood and he had lost enough blood as it is. Most of his blood was been harvested by those who want him dead and they did so meticulously, using several tubes directly connected to his veins to bleed him. The method was efficient, losing as little blood as possible. My enemies want to make sure they get the best from me. He still had some blood left, after all he hadn't passed out but he wondered how long it will take for the blood deficit to tell on him and if he could bear losing more blood to break free of the chains.

Jake was about to start when he heard some noises and people shouting. Something is happening outside! He didn't expect a rescue but he could surely do with one. The voices became louder.

".... This is treason and the Emperor will take your heads for this!" The voice would have said more but Jake heard a crunch sound and the drop of a human body.

The door opened and two vampires moved straight for him.

"We must kill him before they know what's happening!" One of them with silver hair spoke. He brought out a long, sharp sword. Jake judged that he was one of the Empress men or one of those who captured him. His face was familiar.

The second man, a short, bald man with a big protruding stomach, looked at him, not quite as convinced as his fellow. "He will soon be dead anyway. Why do we kill him now?"

"Because we need no challenge to our ascension, idiot! He could do that!"

"I am not convinced about this, Gilmir. This looks like a way to just pin his death on us. What if he is proved innocent or we are caught?"

Jake's mind was already drifting but he wondered why they were debating killing him. Do it already! He couldn't stay much longer, his eyes drifting towards sleep......

....... only for him to find Cleopatra holding him and feeding him her blood. Zachris and Austin looked at him with worry.

"What happened?" Jake turned around and found the debaters dead. "How, what happened?"

"Later, Jake." Zachris answered. "The coven needs you now. We need you Jake!"

A horn sounded from the deep.

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 4:56am On Dec 13, 2022
rapmike:
He had read of a certain spell that could be used to break through chains of enormous sizes. It was first used by a werewolf but the vampires had copied the spell and now they were comfortable using it. If he could use the spell, he could break free.

It had risks though. The spell used copious amounts of blood and he had lost enough blood as it is. Most of his blood was been harvested by those who want him dead and they did so meticulously, using several tubes directly connected to his veins to bleed him. The method was efficient, losing as little blood as possible. My enemies want to make sure they get the best from me. He still had some blood left, after all he hadn't passed out but he wondered how long it will take for the blood deficit to tell on him and if he could bear losing more blood to break free of the chains.

Jake was about to start when he heard some noises and people shouting. Something is happening outside! He didn't expect a rescue but he could surely do with one. The voices became louder.

".... This is treason and the Emperor will take your heads for this!" The voice would have said more but Jake heard a crunch sound and the drop of a human body.

The door opened and two vampires moved straight for him.

"We must kill him before they know what's happening!" One of them with silver hair spoke. He brought out a long, sharp sword. Jake judged that he was one of the Empress men or one of those who captured him. His face was familiar.

The second man, a short, bald man with a big protruding stomach, looked at him, not quite as convinced as his fellow. "He will soon be dead anyway. Why do we kill him now?"

"Because we need no challenge to our ascension, idiot! He could do that!"

"I am not convinced about this, Gilmir. This looks like a way to just pin his death on us. What if he is proved innocent or we are caught?"

Jake's mind was already drifting but he wondered why they were debating killing him. Do it already! He couldn't stay much longer, his eyes drifting towards sleep......

....... only for him to find Cleopatra holding him and feeding him her blood. Zachris and Austin looked at him with worry.

"What happened?" Jake turned around and found the debaters dead. "How, what happened?"

"Later, Jake." Zachris answered. "The coven needs you now. We need you Jake!"

A horn sounded from the deep.
hmm
let know when jake will be fine
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2022
Twenty-seven
The blood on her hand was fresh, the pain biting. The phantom in front of her wielded a knife with her blood in it.

"Why?"

"For the council. For the coven. For the Empire!"

Her phantom assailant attacked her again, but Simi stretched her hands and snapped the phantom. It disappeared, leaving no trace. Simi raced to the treasure vault. If Jake was innocent, then whoever did this would use his blood. His blood contained power! She had to get there on time.

Fortunately,the treasure vault was guarded by men loyal to her and the Emperor. At least that is what she hoped. As she got to the royal chambers, she was greeted by a sea of dead guards. Impossible! She ran straight on, disregarding what she saw there. Her mind was in the treasure vault and the horn of Pandora. It must not be blown!

The treasure vault was broken through, but there were two men fighting in it. Simi prepared a fiery ball of mystic energy ready to strike whoever she needed to. As she got closer, the face of Reese appeared, looking quite injured but still fighting on.

"You can't get the horn of Pandora! I can't allow you!"

His assailant was also tired, so Simi fired her mystic ball. The attack took two of them, tearing through their bodies and ending on the other side before dissipating.

She moved to the horn and realized it was safe. She then looked at Reese's body. "I am sorry Reese." She turned the other body to see who was attacking him.

It was Reagan!

Simi was besides herself with shock. Reagan, how? Why? She dragged the body up and screamed at him.

"Reagan! Why? Why??"

"For the Empire!" A spear right through her, forcing her to the ground. Simi turned to see who was that.....

And woke up, sweat all over her body. What type of dream was that? Simi looked at her disheveled hair and clothes. It was a nightmare, the worst she had in years.

The worst since she became the Empress.

A knock ripped through the door. Simi got herself together and put a robe on her body. "Come in."

It was Sierra, her maid. "The Oracle requests your presence."

The Oracle. About time! She looked at her maid. Sierra was shaking.

"What's it? Why are you shaking?"

"Nothing ma. I just have a chill."

Simi didn't have the time for the frailties of a teenage maid. "Prepare a hot bath for me and get my attire ready. The ocean blue gown with sharks on it for today."

The maid bowed and walked out.

The bath did wonders to her state of mind and when she wore her gown, Simi was Empress once again, confident and defiant. Whatever happens, she was ready to face it.

Whatever it was.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2022
rapmike:
Twenty-seven
The blood on her hand was fresh, the pain biting. The phantom in front of her wielded a knife with her blood in it.

"Why?"

"For the council. For the coven. For the Empire!"

Her phantom assailant attacked her again, but Simi stretched her hands and snapped the phantom. It disappeared, leaving no trace. Simi raced to the treasure vault. If Jake was innocent, then whoever did this would use his blood. His blood contained power! She had to get there on time.

Fortunately,the treasure vault was guarded by men loyal to her and the Emperor. At least that is what she hoped. As she got to the royal chambers, she was greeted by a sea of dead guards. Impossible! She ran straight on, disregarding what she saw there. Her mind was in the treasure vault and the horn of Pandora. It must not be blown!

The treasure vault was broken through, but there were two men fighting in it. Simi prepared a fiery ball of mystic energy ready to strike whoever she needed to. As she got closer, the face of Reese appeared, looking quite injured but still fighting on.

"You can't get the horn of Pandora! I can't allow you!"

His assailant was also tired, so Simi fired her mystic ball. The attack took two of them, tearing through their bodies and ending on the other side before dissipating.

She moved to the horn and realized it was safe. She then looked at Reese's body. "I am sorry Reese." She turned the other body to see who was attacking him.

It was Reagan!

Simi was besides herself with shock. Reagan, how? Why? She dragged the body up and screamed at him.

"Reagan! Why? Why??"

"For the Empire!" A spear right through her, forcing her to the ground. Simi turned to see who was that.....

And woke up, sweat all over her body. What type of dream was that? Simi looked at her disheveled hair and clothes. It was a nightmare, the worst she had in years.

The worst since she became the Empress.

A knock ripped through the door. Simi got herself together and put a robe on her body. "Come in."

It was Sierra, her maid. "The Oracle requests your presence."

The Oracle. About time! She looked at her maid. Sierra was shaking.

"What's it? Why are you shaking?"

"Nothing ma. I just have a chill."

Simi didn't have the time for the frailties of a teenage maid. "Prepare a hot bath for me and get my attire ready. The ocean blue gown with sharks on it for today."

The maid bowed and walked out.

The bath did wonders to her state of mind and when she wore her gown, Simi was Empress once again, confident and defiant. Whatever happens, she was ready to face it.

Whatever it was.
next episode pls
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2022
As she walked down the steps, apprehension crept back to her. Sierra followed her like a shadow, her head bowed. What is going on in that mind of hers? Simi's mind kept going back to the dream. Was the dream becoming a reality?

She was at the door. Fear was crawling all over her. Why am I afraid? I am the Empress! She strolled in.

The greenery that was her garden had faded into an earth brown. The leaves were dead, well dead. They could have rotted for all she knew. The stain of death even affected the white walls of her office, as they seem to soak up the earth brown of her office.

Sitting in the middle of the theatre of death was the Oracle. Her hair was completely white, disheveled and tangled. Her eyes seemed distant and away, yet they returned once the Empress made her appearance.

"You have come." She said, sounding like someone who was a thousand years old. What's happening to her?

"Why are you like this, Oracle? Since you have become the Oracle, your quarters and office have never been like this. What's happening?"

She smiled in a sad way, as if Simi couldn't understand. "The end is here. My end and maybe yours. Can't you see it?" She stood up. "Where's the boy?"

She is asking for Muyiwa. "Muyiwa is in ....."

"I am asking for Jake, not his half brother."

Jake! Always Jake! "Jake is gone. He is dead and his blood is been...."

"Fool!" The Oracle's eyes sparked. "Fool, the whole bunch of you! Do you realize what you have done? Your reign is over. The coven is been destroyed as we speak. Betrayal has been born and death is our portion. It's over!"

Betrayal? Who would betray her? Simi shook the Oracle. "Speak clearly, old woman! Who is betraying the coven? Who is betraying me?"

The Oracle shot an angry, defiant look. "You. You betray the coven and yourself. Your anger and hate for the boy has destroyed you! Go protect the Horn of Pandora, for his blood is the key to unlock it!" Her eyes were pure fire. "Go! Go now, for the path to salvation is very thin now. Betrayal is at your very door step!" She dissolved to ashes as the room caught fire.

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
Simi ran away in confusion, the fumes from the room almost choking her. What just happened? Did the Oracle just die? What did she mean about Jake's blood unlocking the Horn of Pandora?

She stumbled out and was relieved to find Sierra waiting for her. Simi comported herself.

"Sierra, let's go. We need to get to the treasure vault." That's all that matters. No matter what Jake's blood can do, she can forestall any destruction by having the horn protected.

If I can lay hold of ..... A sharp pain cut through her thoughts. Simi looked at her left hand and found blood on it.

"What's the meaning of this? Sie....." Another slash was attempted. Simi quickly moved back and caught the knife with her bloody hand. Sierra's eyes went blood hot, her hands fuming with smoke.

"For the council! For the coven! For the Empire!"

Simi kicked her and twisted her hands, snapping her grip. Whoever force that took control of Sierra then left her as she staggered back, looking at her with disbelief.

"I am... I am sorry..... They have...." Sierra spurted as she suddenly found her mouth overwhelmed with blood. Simi looked in horror as Sierra choked on the blood and then stumble to the ground.

"Sierra!" She held her body as the young girl crumbled, her head falling off her body.

Why? What's happening? She remembered the Oracle's last words. Has the destruction started? If she doesn't get to the horn...... It may be all over.

Determined, Simi ran towards the treasure vault.

The fastest way to the vault was through the royal quarters. The royal quarters was protected day and night by guards, all of which were loyal to her and Gerald. The other route to the vault was filled with traps and snares with other guards on duty. Anyone attempting to get to the vault won't find easy entrance.

Simi suddenly stopped at the entrance of the quarters. A guard looked up in the ceiling, his eyes looking stunned. She could see a huge bite on his neck. Werewolves? Simi moved passed the guard and entered.

The quarters were filled with corpses of guards like a great slaughter had happened. Simi gained pace, her eyes flying between dead carcasses.Who could have done this? The guards stationed here were some of the best the coven has, yet they seemed to have fallen quite easily. Who will have such power?

At the end of the quarters, she found two men fighting hard. One of them was Reese, with two hunting knives. His hands were bloody and he seemed to run out of stamina.

"You can't have the horn of Pandora! I can't allow it!"

His assailant growled. "It's not for you to allow me or not. We shall have the horn, even if I have to cut through your corpse!"

Simi shot a mystic ball, which went through both of them. As they fell to the ground, Simi walked towards them, lifting the other man's head. It was Reagan!

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
rapmike:
Simi ran away in confusion, the fumes from the room almost choking her. What just happened? Did the Oracle just die? What did she mean about Jake's blood unlocking the Horn of Pandora?

She stumbled out and was relieved to find Sierra waiting for her. Simi comported herself.

"Sierra, let's go. We need to get to the treasure vault." That's all that matters. No matter what Jake's blood can do, she can forestall any destruction by having the horn protected.

If I can lay hold of ..... A sharp pain cut through her thoughts. Simi looked at her left hand and found blood on it.

"What's the meaning of this? Sie....." Another slash was attempted. Simi quickly moved back and caught the knife with her bloody hand. Sierra's eyes went blood hot, her hands fuming with smoke.

"For the council! For the coven! For the Empire!"

Simi kicked her and twisted her hands, snapping her grip. Whoever force that took control of Sierra then left her as she staggered back, looking at her with disbelief.

"I am... I am sorry..... They have...." Sierra spurted as she suddenly found her mouth overwhelmed with blood. Simi looked in horror as Sierra choked on the blood and then stumble to the ground.

"Sierra!" She held her body as the young girl crumbled, her head falling off her body.

Why? What's happening? She remembered the Oracle's last words. Has the destruction started? If she doesn't get to the horn...... It may be all over.

Determined, Simi ran towards the treasure vault.

The fastest way to the vault was through the royal quarters. The royal quarters was protected day and night by guards, all of which were loyal to her and Gerald. The other route to the vault was filled with traps and snares with other guards on duty. Anyone attempting to get to the vault won't find easy entrance.

Simi suddenly stopped at the entrance of the quarters. A guard looked up in the ceiling, his eyes looking stunned. She could see a huge bite on his neck. Werewolves? Simi moved passed the guard and entered.

The quarters were filled with corpses of guards like a great slaughter had happened. Simi gained pace, her eyes flying between dead carcasses.Who could have done this? The guards stationed here were some of the best the coven has, yet they seemed to have fallen quite easily. Who will have such power?

At the end of the quarters, she found two men fighting hard. One of them was Reese, with two hunting knives. His hands were bloody and he seemed to run out of stamina.

"You can't have the horn of Pandora! I can't allow it!"

His assailant growled. "It's not for you to allow me or not. We shall have the horn, even if I have to cut through your corpse!"

Simi shot a mystic ball, which went through both of them. As they fell to the ground, Simi walked towards them, lifting the other man's head. It was Reagan!
coven reborn

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
cokhale:
coven reborn

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Kaesyrn(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
Cc. Dathypebruv

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by scopiicaar: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
Happy new year fellas
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by slimsophiediva(f): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
scopiicaar:
Happy new year fellas

Happy new year
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Dathypebruv(m): 5:47am On Jan 08, 2023
Kaesyrn:
Cc. Dathypebruv
Mehn, tanks 4 shwin me dis fantastic story
@op you are the best
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
Reagan? Why? Simi's mind was trying to process what she just saw. Why will Reagan betray her, betray Gerald? He was the one she trusted the most.

She walked and picked the horn of Pandora, rubbing it's surface. She then looked at Reagan.

"Why? Why! Reagan, why?" She grabbed his head with one hand while holding the horn with the other.

As she shook his head, a spear took her from the back, forcing her to fall to the ground. She lost control of the horn and watched it fall to the ground. Simi saw footsteps walk towards it.

"For the coven, for the Empire, My Empire!"

Pulling herself up, Simi removed the spear from her back and faced the traitor.

It was Lord Glabach in full battle armour.

"You! You are the cause of this!" Gerald saw you right! Simi walked towards him, her body attempting to heal from the spear wound.

"Yes, it's I. I am the brain behind this, Simi. I am the brain behind everything! The Deviants uprising, this, I did it!"

"The uprising? You? But you fought against...."

"Them? Yes, I fought against them when it was clear that they will not enough to overrun the coven. Gerald was far more capable than I anticipated and others were rising as well. I had to join or be exposed. But the uprising served its purpose and took care of many rivals. Now, it's my turn."

"So you were after Gerald's title? You wanted to be Emperor?"

"I supposed to be the Emperor! You know it, everyone knows it, yet you all chose Gerald because he was controllable, biddable. I could have shaped the world. We could have shaped the world, I as the Emperor and you as my Empress, but you chose him! Now you will watch everything that you have burn, even those so precious to you." He flexed his hands, choking her telekinetically.

Simi attempted to fight back but her wounds were refusing to heal. As she struggled to understand what was happening, she saw Ore fly towards Glabach's back with a knife, attempting to stab him. From his grin, she could tell that it was futile. Ore, run! She wanted to speak but her voice failed her as Lord Glabach caught Ore and disarmed her with one hand.

"You will lose everything..including those precious to you." He lifted Ore up and twisted her head before dropping her. He picked the horn of Pandora and walked away, smiling.

The last thing Simi heard before she died was the horn of Pandora.

5 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Dathypebruv(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
Cc. @rapmike
Thanks for the update, Lord gladbach revealed his true self to simi

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 7:17am On Jan 14, 2023
rapmike:
Reagan? Why? Simi's mind was trying to process what she just saw. Why will Reagan betray her, betray Gerald? He was the one she trusted the most.

She walked and picked the horn of Pandora, rubbing it's surface. She then looked at Reagan.

"Why? Why! Reagan, why?" She grabbed his head with one hand while holding the horn with the other.

As she shook his head, a spear took her from the back, forcing her to fall to the ground. She lost control of the horn and watched it fall to the ground. Simi saw footsteps walk towards it.

"For the coven, for the Empire, My Empire!"

Pulling herself up, Simi removed the spear from her back and faced the traitor.

It was Lord Glabach in full battle armour.

"You! You are the cause of this!" Gerald saw you right! Simi walked towards him, her body attempting to heal from the spear wound.

"Yes, it's I. I am the brain behind this, Simi. I am the brain behind everything! The Deviants uprising, this, I did it!"

"The uprising? You? But you fought against...."

"Them? Yes, I fought against them when it was clear that they will not enough to overrun the coven. Gerald was far more capable than I anticipated and others were rising as well. I had to join or be exposed. But the uprising served its purpose and took care of many rivals. Now, it's my turn."

"So you were after Gerald's title? You wanted to be Emperor?"

"I supposed to be the Emperor! You know it, everyone knows it, yet you all chose Gerald because he was controllable, biddable. I could have shaped the world. We could have shaped the world, I as the Emperor and you as my Empress, but you chose him! Now you will watch everything that you have burn, even those so precious to you." He flexed his hands, choking her telekinetically.

Simi attempted to fight back but her wounds were refusing to heal. As she struggled to understand what was happening, she saw Ore fly towards Glabach's back with a knife, attempting to stab him. From his grin, she could tell that it was futile. Ore, run! She wanted to speak but her voice failed her as Lord Glabach caught Ore and disarmed her with one hand.

"You will lose everything..including those precious to you." He lifted Ore up and twisted her head before dropping her. He picked the horn of Pandora and walked away, smiling.

The last thing Simi heard before she died was the horn of Pandora.
there is war and let go to war

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2023
Twenty-eight

Gerald ran as he heard the first blast of the horn. They have gotten the horn! This will not end well. All around him, vampires fell down, wringing and struggling to stand up. Those what didn't were attacking him. It was well planned.

He snapped the neck of his latest assailant as he caught sight of Uche. The council member was bleeding from multiple cuts to his belly, his face was colorless and one of his legs looked broken.

"Uche, Uche, calm down, take it easy." The Emperor moved close to him and helped him to stand. Uche tried to speak but his words were blocked with blood spewing from his mouth.

"Easy, easy." Gerald breathed in deep as he transfered some energy into his hand and then placed it on Uche, healing some of the wounds. Color soon returned to his face and he was able to speak.

"Kike... Kike went after your son.. Muyiwa not Jake. She had sent some guards to kill Jake." He stopped and dragged himself up. "She and Glabach were the ones responsible for everything- Jake's entry here, his trials, the Empress mother's capture and all that followed. They are the leaders of the Deviants."

Gerald wasn't surprised of Glabach's involvement with the Deviants but Kike's role was a surprise. They sowed the seeds of discord between the Imperious and the rest of the coven and then watched as it blazed out of control. He wondered what Simi was doing.

"Where's the Empress?"

Uche shook his head and tried to stand up.

"Rest here. Don't move."

A second blast of the horn followed, forcing Uche to the ground. When he recovered from the blast, he tapped Gerald and pointed to his back.

Three werewolves stared at him, licking their lips.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
They were all taller than both of them, but one towered over the rest, like a huge beast. How did they get here and how many are they? Gerald positioned himself between the werewolves and Uche and prepared for their attack.

Two of them moved sideways, obviously planning to attack from the side while the biggest werewolf faced him head on. Gerald knew that if he allowed them to synchronize their attack, he will not stand a chance.

Quickly, he threw Uche on his shoulders and sprinted towards the right, blitzed past the werewolf there and dropped him on a bench before turning to face his foe. The werewolf went straight for the kill, lashing his jaws at the Emperor, but Gerald jumped upwards and avoided the attack. Landing on the top of the werewolf, he quickly drove his hands finger first into the back of the beast, bringing it down. He had no respite as the second one knocked him off his companion's back with his right paw,pinning the Emperor to the wall. Gerald focused an energy beam on the paw, tearing it and forcing the werewolf to limp off in defeat.

It remained the biggest one. It stared at him with blue eyes, aiming to hypnotize him to submission. It may have worked for other vampires, but Gerald was the Emperor and it failed. The animal then rushed an attack on him but was shot by an energy beam, killing it. Gerald looked around and found Uche barely standing up.

"You are supposed to rest!" He held a stumbling Uche.

"I, I am already dead, my Emperor. These wounds are too much for me. Just promise me that you will save the coven. We have failed the coven and now have to rely on you again."

"I will save everything, I promise."

"You, you will always be my Emper..." He felt the life leave Uche. To where?

He heard the horn again. I have to stop that! The more times the horn was blown, the weaker the coven will be. He had to stop Glabach.

But first he had to kill Kike and save his son.

8 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 4:17am On Jan 31, 2023
hmmmm
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2023
Twenty-nine

"He was with me all through that time!" Muyiwa thundered to Celeste and Shade. "How could he be killing my grandmother and be with me at the same time?"

"That is not for us to judge, my prince." Celeste said with a matter of fact approach. "What we do know is that he killed her."

"Maybe he did so before he came to you."

"You seem ready to prove him guilty, Shade!" Muyiwa looked fiercely at her. "Where were her guards when this happened?"

"They went for a drink."

"Both of them?"

"Yes, my prince."

Muyiwa frowned. "And mother asked you to inform me about this?"

"Yes, my prince."

She will want him dead! Muyiwa was in no illusions about his mother's feelings about Jake. From the very first minute he stepped into the coven, she had wanted him dead. Ore also wanted the same thing, because they thought him a threat. Muyiwa was indifferent about him initially, partly because he saw that Jake hated the fact he was a vampire and that he didn't even know it meant to be a vampire.

That was before he was summoned by the Oracle.

The Oracle summoning spooked him. Usually the Oracle summoned the Emperor or the Empress when she has a prophecy or something of that nature. If she called someone else then it meant that something was up.

He met her in her garden, planting some nectar plants, so named for their sweet and powerful juice called nectar. She then gave him a weird advice.

"Don't join the crowd."

He tried to get more from her but she was silent. The message troubled him. What did she mean? He was still wondering about it when the Emperor asked him to talk with Jake.

Now this has happened.

He met his mother at the Council chambers. She was fuming, as expected. When he greeted her, she turned accusingly at him.

"Your father will not kill him! Tell me, Muyiwa, did you have a hand in your father's decision?"

Really? He never believed that his mother's paranoia about Jake will reach new heights.

"When did I ever have a say in anything Father does?"

"I heard the bastard was with you when he was captured!"

"He was arrested, Mother and yes, he was with me! How was I to know that he was going to be arrested and accused of grandma's death?"

"You entertained your....."

"This isn't the time, Mother!" He hated this part of her. "Jake may be innocent for all we know. Afterall, he wasn't caught in the act!"

"He was! We have video evidences....."

"Yet Father isn't convinced. What do you want me to do if he isn't convinced?"

"He still sees Jake as his son, his seed. He won't kill him easily. I want you to convince him to do so."

"I?" Muyiwa gave a harsh laugh. Mother must be going nuts! "Do you think I can sway him?"

"In this, yes." She knelt before he could stop her. "Do this and I will be able to rest and sleep peacefully for the first time in a long time. Do this for me, even if it's the last thing you do."

She is damn serious! "Fine, if it gives you sleep, I will discuss this with Father." He noticed wrinkles on her forehead. She is so stressed about it that she is struggling to keep herself from collapsing! "Get some sleep, Mother." He took her to her room in the royal chambers. "You need to sleep."

He watched her lay down before he left. Muyiwa had to check how his humans were doing.

Then he will see Father.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by hotswagg12: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
This update is suppose to be before the war started in the coven. Please check the previous chapters.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oneman11(m): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
following
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
He didn't believe that his father would listen to any request concerning Jake at the moment, especially from him. His father's love for his half-brother was a bit over the top, but Muyiwa had no qualms with that. With the coven in so much danger, however, he wanted to make sure that his father was in the right place.

He was at the entrance of the blood farm when Ore caught up with him.

"Brother,guess you heard about grandma." Her eyes searched around for any expression.

"I heard she is dead. If you have come to bother me about Jake....."

"Yes. Lord Glabach has imprisoned him in the blood room."

"Blood room?" That was very strange and wrong. The Blood room was a place where the vilest and most powerful vampires were imprisoned so as to harvest their blood until they die. For Jake to be imprisoned there when judgement has not been made was very bad.

"Yes, he is finally going to die...."

"Who gave the judgement?" He held her tightly. "Who? Where is Father?"

"I don't know...... I don't know! Stop squeezing me that hard, Muyiwa!" She struggled to get free of him.

"Mother did this, didn't she? How can she be so hateful and careless?"

"Let me go!" She pushed him and almost fell down. "She is your grandmother, you know and Jake...."

"May not be the killer." Muyiwa looked at her.

"And so what? What if he does?"

"What if he dies?" Muyiwa fumed. "Are you thinking at all? His blood is been harvested and you are asking such a question! What if the blood is used to unlock a dangerous weapon against ....."

A horn blew from the deep. Suddenly Muyiwa found himself and his sister wringing on the floor, holding their ears.

"What is happening, brother? What is this pain?"

The pain! Muyiwa felt his blood boil and his body burn. His joints spasmed recklessly and he couldn't move. His eyes were blood shot and they hurt so bad that he could rip them off.....

...then he found himself and his sister in the blood farm, sitting down and taking in nectar served by the humans in the farm.

"Oscar, what happened?"

Oscar, a human bowed low in front of him. "We saw both of you on the floor, rolling. We had to drag both of you into the blood farm but some of us were attacked by werewolves."

"Werewolves?" Both Muyiwa and Ore were surprised.

"Yes, Werewolves. We barred the door and activated your barrier spells but I don't think it will last long. Councilor Kike is fighting on their side."

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by drewsman: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2023
I swear I'm stopping following this story. You take so long to update, and when you do it will just be a few lines that isn't worthy of my time.

Thanks for the wonderful story by the way.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
drewsman:
I swear I'm stopping following this story. You take so long to update, and when you do it will just be a few lines that isn't worthy of my time.

Thanks for the wonderful story by the way.

Please are you paying for the service?

To all those following this story:

I know the pace of update is frustrating but that is my situation at the moment. When I started this story, I had my Android phone and I could do much work within a few days. I rarely failed to update, even though each update was not as lengthy as some other writers; apologies for that because I don't know how to write lengthy updates on phones. Now my Android phone has spoiled beyond repair and I don't have any money for a new one. I have to borrow other people's phone to update this story, so please try and understand if this story is moving slowly. I am continuing with it because I don't want to leave the story abandoned.

Thanks for your understanding.

P. S. This is the last time I will address this.

5 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2023
Muyiwa looked at his sister with wonder. "Councilor Kike?" The bang on the door was getting louder and the door started to crack.

"How do we get out of here?" Ore asked. "We need to get to mother and warn her."

"You go." Muyiwa decided. "I will wait here and face her." I am getting mad! How do I face her?"/i]

"Alone?" Ore was certainly not sure. "You can't face here, Muyiwa. Two of us can't. The best chance we have is with mother."

Oscar moved forward. "We can hold her here, sir. We can do it. You need to get help from a stronger person, either the Empress or the Emperor."

"No, Ore. I will stand up to her. I will not abandon the humans to be eaten by werewolves. It's my duty and responsibility to them. Now, go!"

She shook her head. "Come with me, brother. You can't....."

"I can!" The door cracked open and a werewolf eye poked out. A silver arrow took it out, causing the beast to scream. "Go, Ore, Go!"

Ore shook her head again and moved away. Muyiwa then faced Oscar.

"How prepared are you?"

"We have two quiver full of arrows. That can take care of the werewolves. Councilor Kike though will need something more powerful. We have UV bullets but there are a limited amount and it will only slow her."

"Focus on the werewolves. I will stop her." Muyiwa said as the door broke open with a huge werewolf screaming at them. He charged at Muyiwa, taking three arrow shots. Behind him were two werewolves and behind them was Kike."

"Muyiwa, why didn't you run to mother? It would have been easier for you."

"I would abandon them. They are my responsibility!" [i]I am certainly mad!

Kike shook her head, unimpressed. "Well then." She looked at the werewolves. "Kill him!"

The giant raced towards him, screaming at him as arrows flew towards him. Muyiwa flexed his hands and slowly used his magic to feel the pulse of the werewolf, feeling his rage, his anger, his weight. Then he flung the beast, sending him out through the door he came. The other werewolves were already dead but they were replaced with ever increasing number of werewolves.

Then Kike descended on him, thrusting her fingers and whip at him. Muyiwa dodged her attacks and mind probed her, distracting her for a minute as he went behind her. Then he used his finger to send magic shot into her, causing her to stumble. Kike stumbled and fell. He saw his chance to kill her, but a werewolf jumped at him, forcing him to fling the beast away. Then he felt a force hit him and pin him to the wall. Muyiwa had hardly recovered from that when he was thrown to another part of the room.

The humans retreated as the werewolves attacking with overwhelming ferocity. Muyiwa saw the giant werewolf bit off the heads of two humans. He stood up and flew on the top of the beast. Then concentrating his magic, he sent a huge magic ball down the beast, bringing him down finally.

I did it! He felt relief and joy, only for an arrow to hit him from behind. Kike was on him, a broken arrow behind her.

"How dare you kill him! He was supposed to be my husband! How dare you!" She screamed. She held sent a fire ball at him. Muyiwa was helpless as the fire descended on him, only for him to be dragged away. Motionless, he watched as humans barred Kike from reaching him. She killed about eight of him, Oscar been the last one to die. She looked at him and gave a wicked smile.

"Despite it all, this is where you die!" She smiled as she created another fireball....

Only for it to be extinguished and his father to lean towards him. Muyiwa barely heard and saw anything but he soon became stronger, taking in blood.

When his sight returned, he found Jake and his father looking at him.

5 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 2:17am On Feb 16, 2023
next episode
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by hotswagg12: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Thanks for the update.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by drewsman: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
rapmike:

Please are you paying for the service?

To all those following this story:

I know the pace of update is frustrating but that is my situation at the moment. When I started this story, I had my Android phone and I could do much work within a few days. I rarely failed to update, even though each update was not as lengthy as some other writers; apologies for that because I don't know how to write lengthy updates on phones. Now my Android phone has spoiled beyond repair and I don't have any money for a new one. I have to borrow other people's phone to update this story, so please try and understand if this story is moving slowly. I am continuing with it because I don't want to leave the story abandoned.

Thanks for your understanding.

P. S. This is the last time I will address this.

I'm very sorry for my insensitive comment above. Pls forgive me. Your story is so good that I felt frustrated reading it in short bits like this.

Once again, I'm sorry

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by zcvkzvw371: 9:12am On May 18, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2023
"Are you alright?"
Muyiwa looked at his father and Jake with bewilderment. Cleopatra and Zachris were at their back.

"My head, it hurts badly......" He suddenly remembered what had happened. "Father, Ore has gone to meet Mom. Werewolves have been attacking....."

"I am aware, Muyiwa." Emperor Gerald spoke. "We have been betrayed and it seems like the Horn of Pandora has been activated."

"What?"How? Muyiwa knew that it was big trouble. "Father, we have to do something! If the Horn is blown repeatedly......"

"The whole coven may be destroyed. I will go and face whoever is blowing that horn. You and Jake have to go back and save as many vamps as possible. The blood you drank should sustain you."

Muyiwa looked at what he took for the first time. "Whose blood is this?"

"Jake's. As an Impervious, he will be immune to the effects of that horn. So are you right now." The horn was blown again, forcing the Emperor to wince in pain.

"You need my blood, sir." Jake offered. "You can't face whoever that person is like this."

"Thanks for the offer but no. Your blood has been drained well below your survival levels.... That's my fault."

"The Council's fault, not yours."

He turned to his sons. "I never had time for any of you. Muyiwa, if I or your mother had made you look inferior, then forgive us. Jake." He paused, his face strained. "I am sorry."

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"coming To America" - Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant / Home at last / Captives Of Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.