Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Jake: Son Of Emperor - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jake: Son Of Emperor (26746 Views)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Son Of A God(a Story By A Nairalander) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
rapmike:
"Are you alright?"
Muyiwa looked at his father and Jake with bewilderment. Cleopatra and Zachris were at their back.

"My head, it hurts badly......" He suddenly remembered what had happened. "Father, Ore has gone to meet Mom. Werewolves have been attacking....."

"I am aware, Muyiwa." Emperor Gerald spoke. "We have been betrayed and it seems like the Horn of Pandora has been activated."

"What?"How? Muyiwa knew that it was big trouble. "Father, we have to do something! If the Horn is blown repeatedly......"

"The whole coven may be destroyed. I will go and face whoever is blowing that horn. You and Jake have to go back and save as many vamps as possible. The blood you drank should sustain you."

Muyiwa looked at what he took for the first time. "Whose blood is this?"

"Jake's. As an Impervious, he will be immune to the effects of that horn. So are you right now." The horn was blown again, forcing the Emperor to wince in pain.

"You need my blood, sir." Jake offered. "You can't face whoever that person is like this."

"Thanks for the offer but no. Your blood has been drained well below your survival levels.... That's my fault."

"The Council's fault, not yours."

He turned to his sons. "I never had time for any of you. Muyiwa, if I or your mother had made you look inferior, then forgive us. Jake." He paused, his face strained. "I am sorry."

His Jake regain the lost blood
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
"I am sorry that I never had time for you, to explain anything to you. You have had to endure a lot of hate and suffering and it was all my fault. I thought I was protecting you by staying away but I was wrong."

Jake looked confused. "It's okay, sir. There is no time for this. We have to stop whoever is attacking the coven."

The horn sounded again, this time for a longer period of time. When it died down, the Emperor faced the two boys. " I have to stop the person blowing that horn. You guys have to save as many vamps as possible." He left.

Muyiwa turned and faced Jake. "Are we doing this alone?"

"No, my team is in the blood farm with the humans. They are the only help we have."

Muyiwa started to walk to the blood farm. "We have to start going then. It's you and I, Jake. We versus the darkness.

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Thirty

Gerald ran to the royal quarters, his mind focused on the horn of Pandora. This is likely the end of me. He told himself. As he moved to the treasure vault, he remembered how he became Emperor.

It was forty years ago. The Impervious uprising had just ended, but it's casualties were enormous. The Emperor and many of the Council were dead, most of the senior vampires had to pay with their lives to end the uprising. At the end, there were only a few senior vampires left and a new Emperor had to be chosen.

Simi was already in line to be the Empress, as she was the daughter of the last Emperor and her mother had left the coven. Everyone had expected Lord Glabach to be the next Emperor: He was the oldest living vampire, he was extremely smart and knowledgeable. He was well spoken of and respected throughout the vampire world. Most of the other older vampires had chosen him. But Simi overlooked him and chose Gerald.

This led to aidokai, as the other vampires (who formed the Council later on), disagreed with her. He and Glabach fought in the arena and he barely won, becoming the Emperor.

Now I may have to fight again and this time, I may die. He didn't kid himself, for Lord Glabach was more powerful than him and he knew the secrets of vampirehood. There were a few objects that could stop him and only one was in the coven. Hidden away in the treasure vault. If I can find it ....

The sight of Ore's corpse stopped him on his tracks. No, not you. Gerald walked slowly, barely keeping his emotions in check as he took a look at his daughter. Who ever did this will pay! His fury was fanned the more when he saw Simi's dead body. For all their fights, he never hated her. Lord Glabach did this!

He raced out of the treasure vault and came to the arena.

The arena was littered with corpses of both vampires and werewolves. He found some vampires fighting a desperate battle to survive. Quickly,he flew to the place and ripped the werewolves that assaulted them into pieces. His presence lifted their spirits and together, he led a counterattack, saving Calypso and Thomrod along the way. He was about to start another charge with the vampires when the horn was blown again, sending everyone reeling to the floor.

Gerald, who had taken a bit of Jake's blood, was able to resist the horn. He turned around and found Lord Glabach holding the horn and grinning.

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
rapmike:
Thirty

Gerald ran to the royal quarters, his mind focused on the horn of Pandora. This is likely the end of me. He told himself. As he moved to the treasure vault, he remembered how he became Emperor.

It was forty years ago. The Impervious uprising had just ended, but it's casualties were enormous. The Emperor and many of the Council were dead, most of the senior vampires had to pay with their lives to end the uprising. At the end, there were only a few senior vampires left and a new Emperor had to be chosen.

Simi was already in line to be the Empress, as she was the daughter of the last Emperor and her mother had left the coven. Everyone had expected Lord Glabach to be the next Emperor: He was the oldest living vampire, he was extremely smart and knowledgeable. He was well spoken of and respected throughout the vampire world. Most of the other older vampires had chosen him. But Simi overlooked him and chose Gerald.

This led to aidokai, as the other vampires (who formed the Council later on), disagreed with her. He and Glabach fought in the arena and he barely won, becoming the Emperor.

Now I may have to fight again and this time, I may die. He didn't kid himself, for Lord Glabach was more powerful than him and he knew the secrets of vampirehood. There were a few objects that could stop him and only one was in the coven. Hidden away in the treasure vault. If I can find it ....

The sight of Ore's corpse stopped him on his tracks. No, not you. Gerald walked slowly, barely keeping his emotions in check as he took a look at his daughter. Who ever did this will pay! His fury was fanned the more when he saw Simi's dead body. For all their fights, he never hated her. Lord Glabach did this!

He raced out of the treasure vault and came to the arena.

The arena was littered with corpses of both vampires and werewolves. He found some vampires fighting a desperate battle to survive. Quickly,he flew to the place and ripped the werewolves that assaulted them into pieces. His presence lifted their spirits and together, he led a counterattack, saving Calypso and Thomrod along the way. He was about to start another charge with the vampires when the horn was blown again, sending everyone reeling to the floor.

Gerald, who had taken a bit of Jake's blood, was able to resist the horn. He turned around and found Lord Glabach holding the horn and grinning.
Next episode
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
"So the Emperor finally shows himself." Lord Glabach said, his golden eyes gleaming with hate.

"Why? Why betray the coven, Glabach?"

"It's Emperor Glabach!" His eyes glinted, sending Calypso rolling on the floor. Gerald found the remaining vampires fighting a losing battle against the werewolves. He raced towards them, but Glabach kicked him away. Gerald recovered just in time to absorb a fireball thrown at him by Lord Glabach. Lord Glabach then blew the horn but Gerald kicked it off his hands.

"It's seems like you are immune to the horn. I guess you took Jake's blood. I will have to finish you myself!"

Lord Glabach opened his mouth and a huge stream of fire flowed out of it and rushed towards Gerald. Gerald quickly muttered some words and flew away, landing on the other side of the theater. The fire followed him, burning everything on it's path. Gerald then flexed his fingers and drew out a huge wave of water from nowhere, killing the fire.

He had no respite though, as bolts of lightening attacked him, pinning him to the ground. Before he could attempt to stand, Glabach stood on him.

"You are too weak to be Emperor! Too weak! I should have been the Emperor!" He drove his fingers towards Gerald, only for Lord Glabach to be knocked sideways. Gerald stood up and found Cleopatra and Jake in front of him.

"Leave here and help the others!" He screamed at them. " I will face Glabach alone!"

"Zachris and the others are helping them. We need to help you." Jake said. Cleopatra nodded her head. "Your powers are dwindling, my Emperor. You are too weak to fight him alone."

The horn was blown again, making Gerald and Cleopatra fall down. Jake listened to the horn and raced towards where it was blown. Gerald rose up and followed him but he was stopped by Lord Glabach.

"Why are you destroying the coven now? Why now? If you hated me, why not just kill me instead of betraying the coven."

"The coven should have been destroyed years ago. You know it, Gerald. You knew how weak the coven was, making alliances with werewolves and even humans. We should have ruled them, instead of bowing to their demands."

"What are you saying?"

"I am talking of our existence, child!" He raised his hand up, making Gerald float in the air. Gerald suddenly found himself unable to move.

"Jake's blood is powerful, powerful enough to activate the horn of Pandora but it can't saved you from me."

"You killed the Empress mother in order to use Jake's blood, didn't you?"

"I brought Jake here for that purpose. I brought him in order to destroy the coven like it should have been when the Impervious revolted."

"You stopped the revolt....."

"..... When I realized that we were losing. Yes, I started the revolt. I convinced the Impervious of their superiority and they rose with me. The coven was to be reborn as a superior coven, with the plans to dominate all beings."

"But you lost and now you want your revenge." Gerald managed to move his head upwards. Noticing that part of the ceiling above Glabach was weak, he focused his eyes on them. The ceiling broke, sending boulders down on Glabach. Glabach left Gerald and attempted to stop them. As he broke them to pieces, Gerald flew in and drove his hand into Lord Glabach.

4 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 4:34am On Jun 21, 2023
rapmike:
"So the Emperor finally shows himself." Lord Glabach said, his golden eyes gleaming with hate.

"Why? Why betray the coven, Glabach?"

"It's Emperor Glabach!" His eyes glinted, sending Calypso rolling on the floor. Gerald found the remaining vampires fighting a losing battle against the werewolves. He raced towards them, but Glabach kicked him away. Gerald recovered just in time to absorb a fireball thrown at him by Lord Glabach. Lord Glabach then blew the horn but Gerald kicked it off his hands.

"It's seems like you are immune to the horn. I guess you took Jake's blood. I will have to finish you myself!"

Lord Glabach opened his mouth and a huge stream of fire flowed out of it and rushed towards Gerald. Gerald quickly muttered some words and flew away, landing on the other side of the theater. The fire followed him, burning everything on it's path. Gerald then flexed his fingers and drew out a huge wave of water from nowhere, killing the fire.

He had no respite though, as bolts of lightening attacked him, pinning him to the ground. Before he could attempt to stand, Glabach stood on him.

"You are too weak to be Emperor! Too weak! I should have been the Emperor!" He drove his fingers towards Gerald, only for Lord Glabach to be knocked sideways. Gerald stood up and found Cleopatra and Jake in front of him.

"Leave here and help the others!" He screamed at them. " I will face Glabach alone!"

"Zachris and the others are helping them. We need to help you." Jake said. Cleopatra nodded her head. "Your powers are dwindling, my Emperor. You are too weak to fight him alone."

The horn was blown again, making Gerald and Cleopatra fall down. Jake listened to the horn and raced towards where it was blown. Gerald rose up and followed him but he was stopped by Lord Glabach.

"Why are you destroying the coven now? Why now? If you hated me, why not just kill me instead of betraying the coven."

"The coven should have been destroyed years ago. You know it, Gerald. You knew how weak the coven was, making alliances with werewolves and even humans. We should have ruled them, instead of bowing to their demands."

"What are you saying?"

"I am talking of our existence, child!" He raised his hand up, making Gerald float in the air. Gerald suddenly found himself unable to move.

"Jake's blood is powerful, powerful enough to activate the horn of Pandora but it can't saved you from me."

"You killed the Empress mother in order to use Jake's blood, didn't you?"

"I brought Jake here for that purpose. I brought him in order to destroy the coven like it should have been when the Impervious revolted."

"You stopped the revolt....."

"..... When I realized that we were losing. Yes, I started the revolt. I convinced the Impervious of their superiority and they rose with me. The coven was to be reborn as a superior coven, with the plans to dominate all beings."

"But you lost and now you want your revenge." Gerald managed to move his head upwards. Noticing that part of the ceiling above Glabach was weak, he focused his eyes on them. The ceiling broke, sending boulders down on Glabach. Glabach left Gerald and attempted to stop them. As he broke them to pieces, Gerald flew in and drove his hand into Lord Glabach.

Next episode pls
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by dawno2008(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2023
Rapmike how are you doing, hope all is well, I just checking on you

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
Gerald rose up, his eyes spinning. He looked at his fingers with Glabach's blood on it. He smiled and attempted to savor the victory but he suddenly realized that he was pinned to the floor.

"You created an illusion." Gerald's eyes glinted and suddenly he found Glabach smiling at him.

"You see, you are too weak." He smiled. "Now it's time for you to die." He moved towards Gerald in order to stab him but suddenly jumped away as Cleopatra fired an energy beam towards him. Gerald found her standing in between them.

"Stand down, child. This isn't your fight!"
"Cleopatra,go help Jake. I can still fight."

She looked at him. "You are too weak,sir. I have a duty to serve you as the Emperor."

Glabach growled. "If that's the case, then prepare to die." He ran towards her, firing shots of fire and lighting towards them. Cleopatra created a force field to protect them but it was fast breaking.

Gerald managed to stand up. "Go, Cleopatra. You have done your best." He quietly touched her, slowly teleporting her away.

"Sir,please......." As she vanished from his view, Glabach's attack fell on Gerald.

That was the last view he saw: balls of fire and flashes of lightning.

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2023
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Jake ran towards the blast of the horn, ignoring the battles around him. If I can stop that horn,maybe we will stand a chance of keeping the coven intact. He had no illusions about the consequences of leaving the horn in the hands of the enemy.

The horn was blown again. Vampires fell on the floor,writhing in pain. Jake could see Thomrod among the slain. The werewolves we're already feasting on him. You will all pay for that! He flew towards them,sending them scattering. As they positioned themselves to attack him, Jake used his eyes to send the roof down, pinning them to the ground. He turned and heard the horn again.I have to stop that person! Jake flew forward, avoiding a lot of bodies before landing in space.

The horn of Pandora was in front of him, a cream horn with red lines which shone like blood. My Blood! A werewolf, bigger than anything he had seen held it.

"So you are the one." His teeth were glistening with blood. Other werewolves we're encircling him.

"Attack!"

They sprang at him, aiming to kill him in one attack.Fools! Jake closed his eyes and summoned a huge electric shock wave. The attack took all of them by surprise, sending them flying into different directions. Jake fell down awkwardly.This spell packs a punch! He quickly reminded himself that he was no where close to full strength. As he rose up, a werewolf attempted a bite at his head. Jake jumped back and avoided it. As the werewolf landed, Jake fired a fireball towards it, burning it to death. Another one landed on his shoulder and a third on his knee. Jake knew he was in trouble. I am too weak and in my cockiness I didn't wait for others. He landed a strike on the one on his knee, cloaking his hand with electricity. That drilled a hole into the werewolf. Another one attacked him, but Jake managed to lift the werewolf on his shoulder and threw it in that one.

"Incompetent fools!" The huge one with the horn growled. "Must I do everything?" Jake braced up for his attack.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Another werewolf attacked him as he faced the huge one. Jake fell flat on the floor with the werewolf biting hard on his shoulder. He had lost a lot of blood already and felt too weak to resist. This is the end for me. He could feel himself leaving his body.

All of a suddenly,he heard lightning bolts fall in like a thunderstorm. The werewolf on his back was limp. Jake dragged himself up and found Calypso in front of him.

"Rest a bit Jake." She cast a barrier spell around him. "Rest and heal. Allow me deal with him. Your teammates will arrive soon."

Jake watched the huge werewolf move towards them.

"You are the main witch of this coven." He said. " I will tear you to pieces once I blow this horn."

Calypso's eyes could have killed him on the spot. "Better wolves have tried and failed. You will not use that horn ever again. Lordus Illuminus!"

A huge blast of light descended on the area, knocking the brute to the floor and shattering the horn. Calypso staggered a bit, reeling from the effect of the spell she just cast.

"Impressive! Seems I will just have to kill you without it!" Other werewolves circled her.

"Leave her alone! Leave her to me! Go after the boy!"

They obeyed,running past Calypso as the huge werewolf summoned a huge hammer and ran towards her.

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
He watched Calypso summon two swords and attack the werewolf. The other werewolves suddenly changed into their human form and started to fire lightning bolts at the barrier. Werewolves using magic? He never thought that was possible. The barrier seemed to get weaker as their assault intensified.

Jake stood up and checked his body. It had healed of its wounds. Was there a healing spell woven into the barrier? He didn't have the time to answer his question as the barrier gave way. Quickly he fired a huge ball of fire, sending them running to different directions. Jake felt his blood pumping as he attacked them one after the other,chopping their heads off as he pleased. I am back to full strength! As more werewolves rushed towards him,Jake raced at them, killing them with a vengeance and rescuing a few vampires.

He heard a huge groan and turned to see the werewolf who had challenged Calypso on the floor.

"Better wolves had tried and they have failed." She said, injuries all over her body. She fell on one knee, completely exhausted.

"But I will succeed." The werewolf stood up and lifted his hammer,aiming a direct hit at her.

Jake created an arcane spear and thrust it towards the werewolf, killing him. He then rushed to Calypso.

"Thank you."

Jake made her to sit up. He heard footsteps and found Zachris, Justin and Austin behind him.

"What took you so long? Where is Cleopatra?" Calypso asked.

"Muyiwa said he had to get a secret weapon but it was at the vaults. We had to cut through many werewolves and other vampires. Cleopatra went to aid the Emperor." He looked at Jake. "Your father is dead, Jake. I am sorry."

"This isn't the time for this, Zachris!" Calypso charged at him. Jake didn't know how to process the news.

"If nobody challenges Lord Glabach,he will become Emperor." He turned to Jake. "You have to challenge him. Challenge him and defeat him, Jake. You are the only hope we have."

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Caleb15(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
More ink to your biro
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

What am I doing here?

Justin's mind was a messy flux as he ran with Jake towards his father. As the only living son of Lord Glabach, he should be killing Jake. That was the plan that his father hitched up once he knew about the presence of Jake. However he couldn't bring himself to kill Jake.

"Justin, you have to assist Jake to handle his father while Austin takes her to a safe location. I will rally the remaining vampires and end this battle." Zachris spoke with his usual confidence.

"Why him?" Jake asked. "This is his father we are going to face here. Are you asking him to kill his father? Won't he rather kill me?"

"He has a point, Zachris. Justin should assist me while Austin follows Jake."

"No. Justin knows his father better than any of us. He can give Jake any useful intel on how to kill the old man."

"Let him drop it here!"

"What's the problem,Jake?"

"Isn't it obvious? I don't trust him." Jake said. "His father is the one that is fighting to destroy the coven."

"He doesn't want to destroy it,he wants to recreate the coven."

"You knew about this right? When did you know? For how long"

"For a long time. Even before you were brought to the coven."

The silence that followed last for a few seconds but to Justin, it could be an eternity.

"We will deal with this later. Jake, trust me. Go with Justin."

And here we are now.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
Justin suddenly found Jake by his side.

"We need to stop. I can't just go in there without a plan."

Justin looked at him critically. Jake looked worn out and weak physically, yet he could sense a powerful aura around him. He wondered if it was enough. His father is a beast.

Maybe Jake thinks the same.[/i]He hoped that he will not have to choose between Jake and his father.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know, you are the one with the experience."

"I never fought my father."

"But you should know something. That was the point of bringing you with me."

Justin could read his mind. "You don't trust me?"

"Obviously. If Zachris didn't order this, I won't be here with you. But since that's the case, we need to work together."

"My father is the oldest vampire in this coven. I doubt you will be able to defeat him, even in full strength and you are not up to full strength. We need a special weapon to defeat him."

"Both of us can defeat him together!"

"With no weapons? No!" [i] Does he know what Lord Glabach is?

"Fine. So what can we do?"

"Fight. That's all we can do. Maybe we can exhaust him."

Jake eyes spoke volumes. "You are hiding something from me." He turned and moved forward. " Don't interfere in my battle with your father. Just make sure no one else does."

"Fine." Arrogant prick!

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Caleb15(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Still following
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
He followed Jake hesitantly, his words lingering in this head. Arrogant prick! How dare he judged him!

They got to the theater. Lord Glabach stood with two huge werewolves and many smallers ones.

"Finally you have arrived, Justin." He said with a knowing growl. "You know what to do."

Sweat filled his hands. I have prepared all my life for this. We have discussed this. If I did this, it will be over and Father will be Emperor. It will be all right.

Will it? His mind couldn't decide. As he fidgeted, he suddenly got struck by lightning. Unable to move, he watched as Jake walked towards his stretched hand and took the blade.

"You are so evil that you can even use your son to do your dirty deeds. Why can't you do it yourself?"

His father smiled. "I expected him to fail. That's why I am prepared for anything!" He flew towards Jake, knocking him away with a punch. He then moved towards Justin.

"You are weak, very weak! Your feeble mind and kind heart is one I can't deal with." He picked the knife. "Now you die!" As he lifted his hand to stab Justin, Jake appeared from nowhere and attacked him, forcing Lord Glabach back.

"You will kill your son?" Jake looked incredulous. "Your own blood!"

"And so? Is that your problem? Or maybe you want to kill him for yourself? Do it, I won't stop you. After all, he is the meanest of your teammates and there is no one to witness his death."

Jake picked the knife and faced Justin. Don't kill me, please. The lightning spell still held him bound.

"Justin had treated me badly as a person and a teammate. It's true that I would have been hurt if he had died or I killed him." He raised the knife. "But I will not kill my teammate!" Suddenly turning, he hurled the knife at Lord Glabach. His father deflected it easily but had to block Jake's lightning attack. Jake flew towards him, throwing fire ball after fire ball, forcing him back. Werewolves attacked him but found themselves turn to dust at a look.

Jake is burning up! Justin felt his leg move. Slowly he started to walk. Father would have killed me! He had hoped that the animosity that he felt from his father would have been wiped out if he killed Jake. Now he was not sure.

Your father is power drunk! He remembered someone tell him that. Cleopatra or Celeste? He didn't remember.

Jake had cornered his father,sending a huge ball of fire. His father walked out of it unscathed and sent a powerful lightning bolt towards Jake. He dodged it and killed two more werewolves with his eyes.

"Ignore him. Face the others."

Others? Justin turned back and found Zachris appearing with Celeste and a few other vampires. Backup!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2023
Celeste fired a lightning spell at the incoming werewolves, sending them scattering to different directions. She then placed a barrier spell over them.

"What are you doing?" Justin asked in fury. "We are losing the initiative."

"I am following Zachris orders." She then opened a portal,allowing other vampires to come through, with Cleopatra leading them. Zachris then faced Justin.

"We can end this battle now. The only problem is your father. We need anything, any information that can defeat him."

Justin was in a flux with his emotions. He is not the man I thought he was, but he is my father. Will it count as a betrayal if I speak about the blade?

Cleopatra met them as Celeste released the barrier spell.

"Justin speak up........"

"He can't. His father has used a familus spell on him." She smiled as she said so. "I can see it running in your veins, Justin."

"Okay. That means that we can't trust your judgment in this battle. You will need to go back."

Justin was about to protest when Cleopatra held his hand. "Go Justin." She picked the knife and handed it over to him. "Go and meet Muyiwa. You have a lot to discuss with him."

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Jake moved sideways, dodging another lightning bolt from Lord Glabach while replying with his own.I can feel power streaming in my body! He kept at it, killing any being that came to interfere. They mostly stayed away.

"Ignore him. Face the others!"

Jake adjusted his position and quickly turned his head sideways, noticing the arrival of Zachris with other vampires. Finally! He couldn't celebrate however, as Lord Glabach suddenly lunged at him and knocked him away, smashing his body through the wall and landing him in the velodrome.

This is where it began. Jake felt a bit nostalgic as he remembers his fight with Remus. I hope this also has a happy ending. He had no time to think however, as Lord Glabach fired two strong energy beams, forcing Jake to form a defensive barrier to protect himself.

"I am the oldest vampire to live in this coven. Do you think that I will fall to the likes of you?" He challenged Jake as the intensity of the energy beams ate into his barrier.

I can't hold it much longer. Summoning strength from the inside, he powered up his barrier and then lunged at Lord Glabach, forcing him to stop his attack and dodge him.

That gave Jake a respite. He had just enough time to throw up another barrier as Lord Glabach attacked again, using lightning bolts on this occasion. The lightning bolts were far thicker and stronger than anyone he had faced or created.This is in another level.

"You may be gifted,Jake but you had no chance against me." He said, walking towards him and intensifying his attack. "Surrender and I will spare your life. I will teach you the mysteries of the powers locked in your blood and together we can do great things, turn this coven to be the most powerful in the country and in the world. We can conquer and rule together. Just you and me." He was almost in his face. Jake's barrier was almost destroyed.

"Surrender!"

Jake couldn't even think as he felt the heat. However, he had his answer.

"I will not surrender."

"Then die."

Lord Glabach super charged his lightning bolt. Jake had just enough strength to stand up and was expecting to be burned. Instead he found himself in another room.

Cleopatra was with him.

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Caleb15(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nice update!
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by nickfrane(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2023
Nice one
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hello

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
"Where am I? Where is Lord Glabach?"Jake asked Cleopatra, his eyes burning.

"You are somewhere safe for now." She looked sad. "Zachris and our team are trying to hold Lord Glabach for now, though we don't have time. You are burning up."

Jake felt his brow. It was spiking hot.

"Our fathers are dead, Jake and there is no one that can really stand up to him apart from you. We need you at your best and you are not that for now."

"I can't. I am too weak to face Lord Glabach. I have been feeling it since we started to duel. I was almost dead......"

"Just like the day you were born and those days you had fever and during aidokai." She stopped him. "Jake, there is something your father wanted to pass to you." She touched his forehead.

Jake suddenly found himself in his room. His father sat on his bed.

"Father....."

"I am dead. What you see is my consciousness, which I implanted in Cleo's head before I died." He smiled as Jake opened his mouth in surprise. "Yes, I know you gave her a nickname. You seem to like her."

"This isn't the time for....."

"Yes, I know." He smiled. "Lord Glabach is the most powerful vampire there is in the clan and most likely in the world. He has everything- strength,skill, cunning, abilities, you name it. Yet he wasn't chosen as emperor and that burns him inward. No one can defeat him if he is at his best." He paused. "That's what I thought until I met you. Jake, the truth about your birth was that I loved your mother, but there is also part of me that wanted you- as a son and as a weapon. You have survived so much that would kill most vampires and I believe the Sword of Herrick didn't choose you by mistake."

"What do you mean?"

"The sword chooses the strong, no doubt but it's not only strength that determines why it chooses it's holders. Can you get what determines it?"

"No."

"Truth. Honesty. Righteousness. It chooses those who wouldn't taint it. It was made that way by Herrick. Herrick was a good human before he was bitten by a vampire. He knows what it means to be righteous and good and to care for other beings, vampire or not. He implanted that thought in his sword and cloak."

"Glabach was once righteous, I guess but he lost that path because of power. That's why the sword rejected him. I wielded the sword during the Deviant uprising but after that it never allowed me to use it. You are the only one apart from Lord Glabach who the sword chose. I am sure it was for this reason."

"But I am weak and the sword and the cloak....."

"Are here." He handed the sword to Jake. The cloak rested on his back. " I took the liberty of hiding the sword and the cloak after it chose you so that you would not be analyzed thoroughly. This is the only play I have against Lord Glabach. As for you been weak...." He brought out a vial with a yellow liquid. Jake's eyes lifted up at once.

"I saw this with the Oracle. She....."

"You know what it is then. Drink." Jake drank the vial. "It should give you the strength for this battle. I have to go."

He started to dissolve. "One last thing, Jake. No matter what happens, know this: I love you. I always loved you. I loved you from the moment you opened those eyes to the world. I have been watching you and if I was human, I would have been with you. Goodbye."

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2023
rapmike:
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

What am I doing here?

Justin's mind was a messy flux as he ran with Jake towards his father. As the only living son of Lord Glabach, he should be killing Jake. That was the plan that his father hitched up once he knew about the presence of Jake. However he couldn't bring himself to kill Jake.

"Justin, you have to assist Jake to handle his father while Austin takes her to a safe location. I will rally the remaining vampires and end this battle." Zachris spoke with his usual confidence.

"Why him?" Jake asked. "This is his father we are going to face here. Are you asking him to kill his father? Won't he rather kill me?"

"He has a point, Zachris. Justin should assist me while Austin follows Jake."

"No. Justin knows his father better than any of us. He can give Jake any useful intel on how to kill the old man."

"Let him drop it here!"

"What's the problem,Jake?"

"Isn't it obvious? I don't trust him." Jake said. "His father is the one that is fighting to destroy the coven."

"He doesn't want to destroy it,he wants to recreate the coven."

"You knew about this right? When did you know? For how long"

"For a long time. Even before you were brought to the coven."

The silence that followed last for a few seconds but to Justin, it could be an eternity.

"We will deal with this later. Jake, trust me. Go with Justin."

And here we are now.
Next episode
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2023
rapmike:
"Where am I? Where is Lord Glabach?"Jake asked Cleopatra, his eyes burning.

"You are somewhere safe for now." She looked sad. "Zachris and our team are trying to hold Lord Glabach for now, though we don't have time. You are burning up."

Jake felt his brow. It was spiking hot.

"Our fathers are dead, Jake and there is no one that can really stand up to him apart from you. We need you at your best and you are not that for now."

"I can't. I am too weak to face Lord Glabach. I have been feeling it since we started to duel. I was almost dead......"

"Just like the day you were born and those days you had fever and during aidokai." She stopped him. "Jake, there is something your father wanted to pass to you." She touched his forehead.

Jake suddenly found himself in his room. His father sat on his bed.

"Father....."

"I am dead. What you see is my consciousness, which I implanted in Cleo's head before I died." He smiled as Jake opened his mouth in surprise. "Yes, I know you gave her a nickname. You seem to like her."

"This isn't the time for....."

"Yes, I know." He smiled. "Lord Glabach is the most powerful vampire there is in the clan and most likely in the world. He has everything- strength,skill, cunning, abilities, you name it. Yet he wasn't chosen as emperor and that burns him inward. No one can defeat him if he is at his best." He paused. "That's what I thought until I met you. Jake, the truth about your birth was that I loved your mother, but there is also part of me that wanted you- as a son and as a weapon. You have survived so much that would kill most vampires and I believe the Sword of Herrick didn't choose you by mistake."

"What do you mean?"

"The sword chooses the strong, no doubt but it's not only strength that determines why it chooses it's holders. Can you get what determines it?"

"No."

"Truth. Honesty. Righteousness. It chooses those who wouldn't taint it. It was made that way by Herrick. Herrick was a good human before he was bitten by a vampire. He knows what it means to be righteous and good and to care for other beings, vampire or not. He implanted that thought in his sword and cloak."

"Glabach was once righteous, I guess but he lost that path because of power. That's why the sword rejected him. I wielded the sword during the Deviant uprising but after that it never allowed me to use it. You are the only one apart from Lord Glabach who the sword chose. I am sure it was for this reason."

"But I am weak and the sword and the cloak....."

"Are here." He handed the sword to Jake. The cloak rested on his back. " I took the liberty of hiding the sword and the cloak after it chose you so that you would not be analyzed thoroughly. This is the only play I have against Lord Glabach. As for you been weak...." He brought out a vial with a yellow liquid. Jake's eyes lifted up at once.

"I saw this with the Oracle. She....."

"You know what it is then. Drink." Jake drank the vial. "It should give you the strength for this battle. I have to go."

He started to dissolve. "One last thing, Jake. No matter what happens, know this: I love you. I always loved you. I loved you from the moment you opened those eyes to the world. I have been watching you and if I was human, I would have been with you. Goodbye."
Next episode
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
This update small Sha oh😕😕
Kudos to the OP
Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2023
Jake suddenly found himself with Cleopatra.

"My father....."

"Is gone. So is mine. But they left us with something. Jake, are you ready?"

Jake felt strength return to him. "Yes. Let's finish this!"

"Are you sure?" She looked at him with a bit of uncertainty.

"Yes."

She quickly waved her hands, dissolving whatever barrier that she hid them in.

Lord Glabach held Austin in his hands, blood gushing out of the open wounds in his teammate.

"So you're finally back!" He noticed his sword and armor. "You have recovered the sword of Herrick. I see. It's time to reveal my own weapon."

From his side, he brought out a huge war hammer. He lifted it up to catch the reflection of the moon.

Suddenly, everything apart from Jake froze. Jake touched Cleopatra, trying to feel her pulse.

"They are not dead." Lord Glabach faced him. "They are just suspended, unable to move but they can see and hear everything. Marvellous, isn't it? Now nobody will interfere with our battle." He ran towards Jake and held him.

They suddenly arrived at the top of a mountain. Jake looked at the surrounding area. This place is familiar. Jake couldn't place where it was, but he could feel the heat. It was an active mountain.

"Why here?" He looked at Lord Glabach.

"As I said, I don't want interference." He smiled. "Now, let's begin!"

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Kingcid: 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
Feed us more 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
Jake will win this war, that's what I feel.
No matter how bad it may be, Actor lo Ma pa Boss 😂😂😂

You're doing well OP
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by nickfrane(m): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
Boss le pa actor o
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by sltn(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
cokhale:

Next episode
i swear you are a big fool from the begining of this thread. Most you quote a full post, you lack sense. Idiot.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Next episode
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
He flew at Jake, swinging the hammer in multiple directions. Jake evaded the attacks,moving backwards and sideways,keeping him in distance.

"Come towards me!" Lord Glabach hit the ground, which broke the floor and forced out magma from the ground. Jake jumped to another side of the mountain, only to meet the hammer headlong.

Damn! The hammer connected completely, sending him sprawling to the ground , his left arm feeling crushed. Jake raised his sword quick enough to prevent the hammer from getting another hit on him.

"Herrick will be disappointed with that if he could see you." Lord Glabach leered at him. "It seems that you are not that special after all." He lifted the hammer to deliver the killing blow. Jake used his right hand and created a powerful forcefield, which deflected his attack, throwing Lord Glabach to the other side of the mountain.

That gave Jake some respite. He could hear his left arm healing, much to his surprise. The cloak, he remembered that the cloak had some healing abilities. Jake stood up and moved back as Lord Glabach attacked again. Jake quickly used his sword to make a downward strike. Lord Glabach dodged it, but it cut through his armor. Jake used his left hand to create a defensive shield, then moved headlong to attack Lord Glabach.
Lord Glabach attempted another attack as Jake went on the offence, causing their weapons to strike.
The power of the collision threw Jake backwards, leading him to one side of the mountain. Jake groaned as he stood up, feeling gingerly and a bit nauseous. He managed to see Lord Glabach at the other side of the mountain. He suddenly felt power cruising through his body. Jake flew towards him and delivered a heavy strike. Lord Glabach used his hammer to block it.

The attack destroyed part of the mountain, shattering it to bits. Jake and Lord Glabach were covered in debris.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie At The Paris Fashion Week 2016 (Photos) / Home at last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.