Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Jake: Son Of Emperor - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jake: Son Of Emperor (26679 Views)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Son Of A God(a Story By A Nairalander) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2022
I am very sorry for not updating this week. Financial issues and terrible power supply are militating against any update.

hopefully i will continue next week or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Thomrod's eyes fell.

"Sit, Jake." He pulled two chairs. Jake sat on one while he took the other.

"You really want to know? I am not surprised, considering what you have been through already."

He sighed. "Once the Imperious sat with other members of the coven, free and happy. Many of them were warriors: I trained most of them. There were good and bad vampires among them, just as it is across the human and vampire worlds."

"Unfortunately, some of them started to get some ideas. I don't know who started it, but before you know it many of them rose in revolt against the coven and sparked a bloody civil war. Bloody it was, as these members of the Imperious, now called the Deviants, went after the council and the elders and murdered most of them. However, some Imperious warriors fought alongside the coven against them. Blood was spilled on both sides, mostly by Imperious warriors on other Imperious warriors. We could have lost, if your father and Lord Glabach didn't step in to save the coven. Since then, the coven has seen Imperious members as threats to it's stability."

"What's keeping you from death is your victory at aidokai . That and the fact that you haven't seen the Oracle."

"What Oracle?"

Thomrod smiled. "Everyone who is part of the coven has to see the Oracle. It's like a rite of passage: a final ritual to determine where and what you will be in the coven."

"Should I be worried?"

"You? I don't think so. The Oracle may prophesy a lot of things, but it's you and only you that can decide what you do or become. Remember that, Jake. Remember that."

4 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
rapmike:
Thomrod's eyes fell.

"Sit, Jake." He pulled two chairs. Jake sat on one while he took the other.

"You really want to know? I am not surprised, considering what you have been through already."

He sighed. "Once the Imperious sat with other members of the coven, free and happy. Many of them were warriors: I trained most of them. There were good and bad vampires among them, just as it is across the human and vampire worlds."

"Unfortunately, some of them started to get some ideas. I don't know who started it, but before you know it many of them rose in revolt against the coven and sparked a bloody civil war. Bloody it was, as these members of the Imperious, now called the Deviants, went after the council and the elders and murdered most of them. However, some Imperious warriors fought alongside the coven against them. Blood was spilled on both sides, mostly by Imperious warriors on other Imperious warriors. We could have lost, if your father and Lord Glabach didn't step in to save the coven. Since then, the coven has seen Imperious members as threats to it's stability."

"What's keeping you from death is your victory at aidokai . That and the fact that you haven't seen the Oracle."

"What Oracle?"

Thomrod smiled. "Everyone who is part of the coven has to see the Oracle. It's like a rite of passage: a final ritual to determine where and what you will be in the coven."

"Should I be worried?"

"You? I don't think so. The Oracle may prophesy a lot of things, but it's you and only you that can decide what you do or become. Remember that, Jake. Remember that."
next update to know jake faith
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oloyedprince1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
Your update is very slow

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Amadihenrio12H: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
So slow and annoying, yet you do have an interesting story line here.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
CHAPTER TWELVE
" Empress you shall be, until someone comes and tears that from your hand. Then you will watch your world burn. Hahahhahhahaa!

Simi looked at the mirror. What's the use of prophecies if you can't prevent them from happening? Of course she had asked the Oracle for a way to stop the impending doom, but the Oracle offered no solution. Typical of soothsayers!

She was not bothered initially. After all, the Oracle has been known to have her words interpreted wrongly. She kept her life running as usual.

Until the Deviants uprising and Gerald's coronation as Emperor. It was custom that the Emperor chooses his Empress on the day of his coronation. Everyone expected Gerald to choose Cascada, who had the political backing that lifted him up as Emperor.

But Gerald decided not to name an Empress until an Inquisition into the Deviants uprising was completed. The Inquisition named Cascada as a cospirator with the Deviants, which led to her execution. Then to everyone's surprise, he chose her.

He was so different then. Gerald was a wonderful and progressive father, protecting her and loving her as much as he could. Muyiwa and Ore enjoyed their father's attention and love even as he strengthened the coven and tried to modernize it. She never felt doubt or fear until Jake came.

Jake is the cause of everything! She was convinced that Jake will be the destruction of the coven and her throne, yet Gerald doesn't see it. He sees the son that he lacks. Muyiwa may be an excellent administrator, but he was no warrior. Jake's presence makes it possible for Gerald to get the warrior he needs for his throne.

She quickly wore her make up and turned towards Cecilia, her maid.

"Call my children. Let them meet me at the cellar, now!"

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2022
rapmike:
CHAPTER TWELVE
" Empress you shall be, until someone comes and tears that from your hand. Then you will watch your world burn. Hahahhahhahaa!

Simi looked at the mirror. What's the use of prophecies if you can't prevent them from happening? Of course she had asked the Oracle for a way to stop the impending doom, but the Oracle offered no solution. Typical of soothsayers!

She was not bothered initially. After all, the Oracle has been known to have her words interpreted wrongly. She kept her life running as usual.

Until the Deviants uprising and Gerald's coronation as Emperor. It was custom that the Emperor chooses his Empress on the day of his coronation. Everyone expected Gerald to choose Cascada, who had the political backing that lifted him up as Emperor.

But Gerald decided not to name an Empress until an Inquisition into the Deviants uprising was completed. The Inquisition named Cascada as a cospirator with the Deviants, which led to her execution. Then to everyone's surprise, he chose her.

He was so different then. Gerald was a wonderful and progressive father, protecting her and loving her as much as he could. Muyiwa and Ore enjoyed their father's attention and love even as he strengthened the coven and tried to modernize it. She never felt doubt or fear until Jake came.

Jake is the cause of everything! She was convinced that Jake will be the destruction of the coven and her throne, yet Gerald doesn't see it. He sees the son that he lacks. Muyiwa may be an excellent administrator, but he was no warrior. Jake's presence makes it possible for Gerald to get the warrior he needs for his throne.

She quickly wore her make up and turned towards Cecilia, her maid.

"Call my children. Let them meet me at the cellar, now!"
hmmmmmmm what jake faith
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Simi walked leisurely to the royal cellars- which was always full of different types of wine. She sent the guards out and poured herself a glass of Blood-hot while waiting for her children.

Muyiwa and Ore soon walked in. Muyiwa was dark with red eyes and a lanky stature. He is thirty years Jake's senior, yet Jake has more muscles than him. It worried her seriously. Muyiwa's birth gives him a strong advantage when considering who could be an Emperor, but birth isn't everything.

Especially as Jake is here.

"Sit. Take a glass of wine."

They did as she asked, although Muyiwa kept his glass and looked at her warily. It's Jake you should be saving those eyes for, not me.

"How is the adminstration of the mules?" Muyiwa was the head of the blood farms in the Coven, a job he relishes and is good at.

"It's going on fine, Mum. Why did you call us here? We don't meet at the cellars- unless it's something urgent."

"It is. I want to change you combat teacher from Calypso to Thomrod."

"But Mum, Thomrod doesn't fit...."

"Ore, stay out of your brother's business. Muyiwa, I await your answer."

"Is it because of Jake?"

Simi smiled. Straight to the head! "Yes, it's because of that beast, that boy."

"Mum, can you allow the boy to rest? Jake is barely a month into the Coven and you fear so much already."

"He killed Remus, Muyiwa! Jake is strong!"

"This isn't your business, Ore!"

"It is! She is your sister and she is as bothered about this as I am. Don't you realize how much of a threat he is?"

"A threat?" Muyiwa stood up. "How is Jake a threat? He barely knows anything! Yes, he is powerful but that's about it. Many people hate him and are wary about him. He has no friends and the only support he has is Father- who you are working hard to dislodge. Mum, Jake is not a threat. I admit that I don't like him, but Lord Glabach is more of a threat to my ascension as an Emperor than Jake. Did you think of that?"

"Lord Glabach is a......"

"Staunch supporter of you but not father? I know your affair with him even after becoming..... "

Twack! Simi slapped Muyiwa before lifting him up, choking the life out of him.

"Mum, stop! You will kill him!"

Muyiwa kept hitting her hand but she refused to budge. Finally a barrel smashed into her from the back, releasing her grip on her son.

"Look at you! You can barely break a woman's grip! How will you face Jake?"

"Are you mad, Mother?"

"Mad!" All the wine barrels in the cellar floated around. "Mad? How dare you call me mad?"

"Mum, calm down!" Ore threw herself between Muyiwa and Simi.

Simi glared at her. She should have been a boy. "Look at your sister defending you. You are weak, Muyiwa."

"I may be weak of body, but I am not paranoid."

"So I am paranoid? Since that's what you think, then get out! Out!" All the barrels fell to the ground, getting smashed to pieces. Muyiwa picked himself and walked out of the cellar wet but with dignity.

"How dare you! How dare both of you?" Simi turned around. Muyiwa is too weak. I need a strong person to avert the danger. She knew who she had to meet.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oloyedprince1(m): 12:58am On Mar 28, 2022
Boss ur update too slow
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
rapmike:
Simi walked leisurely to the royal cellars- which was always full of different types of wine. She sent the guards out and poured herself a glass of Blood-hot while waiting for her children.

Muyiwa and Ore soon walked in. Muyiwa was dark with red eyes and a lanky stature. He is thirty years Jake's senior, yet Jake has more muscles than him. It worried her seriously. Muyiwa's birth gives him a strong advantage when considering who could be an Emperor, but birth isn't everything.

They did as she asked, although Muyiwa kept his glass and looked at her warily. It's Jake you should be saving those eyes for, not me.

"How is the adminstration of the mules?" Muyiwa was the head of the blood farms in the Coven, a job he relishes and is good at.

"It's going on fine, Mum. Why did you call us here? We don't meet at the cellars- unless it's something urgent."

"Is it because of Jake?"

"Mum, can you allow the boy to rest? Jake is barely a month into the Coven and you fear so much already."

"It is! She is your sister and she is as bothered about this as I am. Don't you realize how much of a threat he is?"

"A threat?" Muyiwa stood up. "How is Jake a threat? He barely knows anything! Yes, he is powerful but that's about it. Many people hate him and are wary about him. He has no friends and the only support he has is Father- who you are working hard to dislodge. Mum, Jake is not a threat. I admit that I don't like him, but Lord Glabach is more of a threat to my ascension as an Emperor than Jake. Did you think of that?"

"Staunch supporter of you but not father? I know your affair with him even after becoming..... "

Muyiwa kept hitting her hand but she refused to budge. Finally a barrel smashed into her from the back, releasing her grip on her son.

"Are you mad, Mother?"

"Mad!" All the wine barrels in the cellar floated around. "Mad? How dare you call me mad?"

Simi glared at her. She should have been a boy. "Look at your sister defending you. You are weak, Muyiwa."

"So I am paranoid? Since that's what you think, then get out! Out!" All the barrels fell to the ground, getting smashed to pieces. Muyiwa picked himself and walked out of the cellar wet but with dignity.

"How dare you! How dare both of you?" Simi turned around. Muyiwa is too weak. I need a strong person to avert the danger. She knew who she had to meet.

next episode
updates
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2022
rapmike:

"Is it because of Jake?"

"Are you mad, Mother?"

next
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oloyedprince1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Stop quoting the post pls
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Odoogu(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
He doesn't look weak.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Mum is going mad! Muyiwa fumed as he left the royal cellars. He wondered why she is so insistent that Jake is a danger to the Coven.

To be fair, she is not the only one. Since the day Jake defeated Remus, many vampires took him almost as a god. For most people, he was an evil god sent to kill the best of our warriors. That is partly due to the love that many had for Remus. For others, he is an Imperious who is allowed to live. Like Glabach isn't an Imperious!

"You are thinking of what Mum said about Jake, right?"

"Ore, how many times have I told you, don't look into people's minds!"

She brushed his neck. "Come on, am sorry, but you are my brother. I should get a free pass."

"Ore, I warn you don't look into....."

"Okay!"

"So what do you think about Jake?"

She eyed him. " He is quite powerful, but I don't see him as a threat to anyone. I mean, he is barely a year into the coven."

"Same thoughts here."

"That's why you defend him in front of Mum."

"I am not defending him, Ore. I just don't like the hysteria around him. Dude don't even know his way around here and everyone talks of him like he is going to change the world."

She giggled. "That's true."

"I am just trying to be fair to him. That's what Dad asked me to do."

"Daddy bo.. Speaking of the devil!"

Muyiwa turned and found himself in front of the training theatre. Jake was there with Thomrod and Calypso.

Speak of the devil!

4 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by preshman22: 10:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mr Writer

Where have you been??
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2022
Calypso turned and saw him.

"Muyiwa come up here and duel with Jake."

She was in a jolly mood. What is she up to? "I am not his sparring partner."

"You are today. I want him to see how useful magic is in a fight. I would have dueled with him but am far too strong for him."

"Don't spoil the fun, Muyiwa!" Thomrod said. "Besides it will remove the talk that Jake is more powerful than you."

Not this talk again! "I am not interested."

"Go and fight him! I command you!"

When did she come here? "Mother, this is not the place for your theatrics."

"You are weak and useless, Muyiwa. Ore, go and fight him."

Ore started towards Jake but he held her hand.

"Fine, Mother. But I didn't want any of this."

He watched as Jake picked his twin swords and walked to the stage. Whatever happens, it's not my fault. Muyiwa faced him.

"1,2, 3...Go!"

Jake ran to him in a frenzy, only for Muyiwa to fling him to the end of the stage. Just lie down and stop! Jake attempted another attack, this time running in a zig-zag direction. He is fast! Muyiwa made his hands into a fist and fired energy blasts at Jake, moving backwards slowly. Jake kept deflecting them before circling him and attempting a slash at his back. Muyiwa turned and used a force field to stop his movement before throwing him away.Stay down!

Suddenly Jake disappeared and appeared in front of him, his strike already taken. Shit! Muyiwa levitated and then fired a massive fireball towards Jake. It caught him completely.

Now stay down! Jake was on the floor. Muyiwa was relieved until he couldn't find his second sword. Instinctively he turned, just in time to deflect the sword. Damn, he's good! Muyiwa turned and found a sword striking his face with Jake's full force on it. He suddenly found himself crashing to the ground. If my shield wasn't on, he would have cut me into half!

"Stop!"

Jake was about delivering another attack at him when Calypso's voice froze him.

"Well done, both of you!" Thomrod clapped as Jake dragged Muyiwa up. "It was enjoyable."

"Jake defeated you!"

"Ore, shut up!"

"Mom watched you lose to a newbie."

He could hear his mother's voice, full of malice, mockery and hatred. Just stop!. His eyes burned and he suddenly realized what was happening.Mother, stop! She snarled and kept at it.

Muyiwa suddenly faced Jake with red hot eyes. Calypso saw him and rushed towards him.

"MUYIWA, STOP!"

It was too late as Jake started to squirm and roll on the floor. Mom, stop making me to do this! Muyiwa was trying his brain with random information overload.

Calypso and Ore were trying to shake him off it. It's Mother, not me! He could hear Jake screaming, glass flying about and the stage cracking. I must be having a nightmare.

"SIMI, STOP!"

Suddenly his mother's spell on him broke, releasing Jake from his torment. Muyiwa slumped to the floor. As he gave way to the darkness, he saw his father rush towards him.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:21am On Apr 10, 2022
preshman22:
Mr Writer

Where have you been??

I am here. Just had a lot of issues I am dealing with.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

What was that?

Jake slowly rose up, his head in a thousand splinters. He felt hands holding him up.

"Take it easy. How are you doing?"

"Thomrod?" He could see a blurry figure standing in front of him. He tried to move and fell down again.

"Jake, breathe. Can you see me? Take a seat and rest a bit."

Jake sat down and shut his eyes for a minute before opening them again. This time, he could see Thomrod and Calypso clearly, with his father looking at an unconscious Muyiwa.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I was about to drop my swords when I heard this high pitch sound. Next thing was that I was on the floor, seeing all sorts of imagery. I feel like my head split into my pieces."

"Jake, let me see your eyes."

Jake looked at a worried Calypso.

"Are your eyes burning? Does it feel like it's on fire?"

"Yes. I need to see a doctor for it, right?"

"No. Just get a rest and see me tomorrow night at the full moon. No training with Thomrod."

"Yeah. Take a rest." Thomrod said as Gerald came in front of him.

"Jake, are you alright? Your eyes, do they hurt?"

That question again! "They hurt like hell, Father. Why are you here? What's wrong with Muyiwa?"

"He will be fine. It's you I am worried about."

"She said that I will be fine. I need a rest."

"Rest and food. Cleopatra! Come take Jake to the dinner."

Cleopatra held Jake's hand and pulled him up.

"I can walk on my own."

"Really? Are you sure about it?"

"Yes, Cleopatra. I am not lame. What's all the fuss about me?"

She looked around to make sure they had walked far enough.

"Muyiwa shot a Minquake on you "

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
rapmike:
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

What was that?

Jake slowly rose up, his head in a thousand splinters. He felt hands holding him up.

"Take it easy. How are you doing?"

"Thomrod?" He could see a blurry figure standing in front of him. He tried to move and fell down again.

"Jake, breathe. Can you see me? Take a seat and rest a bit."

Jake sat down and shut his eyes for a minute before opening them again. This time, he could see Thomrod and Calypso clearly, with his father looking at an unconscious Muyiwa.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I was about to drop my swords when I heard this high pitch sound. Next thing was that I was on the floor, seeing all sorts of imagery. I feel like my head split into my pieces."

"Jake, let me see your eyes."

Jake looked at a worried Calypso.

"Are your eyes burning? Does it feel like it's on fire?"

"Yes. I need to see a doctor for it, right?"

"No. Just get a rest and see me tomorrow night at the full moon. No training with Thomrod."

"Yeah. Take a rest." Thomrod said as Gerald came in front of him.

"Jake, are you alright? Your eyes, do they hurt?"

That question again! "They hurt like hell, Father. Why are you here? What's wrong with Muyiwa?"

"He will be fine. It's you I am worried about."

"She said that I will be fine. I need a rest."

"Rest and food. Cleopatra! Come take Jake to the dinner."

Cleopatra held Jake's hand and pulled him up.

"I can walk on my own."

"Really? Are you sure about it?"

"Yes, Cleopatra. I am not lame. What's all the fuss about me?"

She looked around to make sure they had walked far enough.

"Muyiwa shot a Minquake on you "
what is the meaning of minquake
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2022
Good morning.

Sorry for the absence, I am back. Hopefully I will resume today.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by OSDD(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2022
cokhale:

what is the meaning of minquake

Baba no dey quote the full story
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2022
"What?" Jake moved to sit down.

"A minquake is a release of mental energy into someone's brain. It's usually fries the brain of the victim, leaving them in a zombie like state. Usually older vampires can overcome it but for humans and new vampires, it can be lethal."

So the brute wanted to kill me. Or worse. "Why will he do that?"

Cleopatra looked around to check if someone was passing.

"It's better I explain everything in your room."

Jake walked gingerly to his room. At least I have a day to rest. Once they got to the room, Cleopatra closed the door.

"So explain to me now."

"It's the queen."
Great! "What about her?"

"I don't know, she has been very nervous since the day you stepped into the coven. I think she forced Muyiwa to throw a minquake at you. That's why he is struggling too."

"Okay."

"Jake, be careful. Many people are nervous about you. It doesn't help that you are the first Imprevious we are admitting here in years. Many vampires will attempt to kill you just for the sake of getting favor from the queen. The good thing is that you seem very powerful and strong. With help from me and my father, you may still survive here. A lot will be cleared when you visit the Oracle."

"When will this happen? We have been talking of this since I won the aidokai.

"That has been decided. It will happen two moons from now. So just take a rest while I get your food."

Cleopatra left the room, leaving Jake in a myriad of thoughts.

The rest of the day passed without incident. Due to the minquake, Jake didn't get to do any training with Thomrod that day nor did he appear for meals. Cleopatra brought his food - which was still without blood.

Once it was night time, he walked back to the training theatre to meet Calypso. She sat on a bench, watching two boys weave their hands and create a golden circle which cut through paper.

"Good, good." She turned and saw him. "Dayo, Fendi, you two can rest for the day. I have some work to do."

The two of them gave him a dirty look when they passed him. Two more vampires that hate me. Why?. He knew that whatever the answer is, it will not please him.

"Nice of you to come here, Jake. How are your eyes now?"

"Much better ma. The pains have stopped. How is Muyiwa?" Why did I ask after him?

She smiled. "Muyiwa is still in the sick bay but he will be fine. Do you know why I wanted you to come?"

"No, ma'am."

"Don't ma'am me now. Anyways, I brought you here so as to start your magic training. You have a lot of potential, Jake but you need to work hard to unlock them. Come."

Jake walked towards the center of the training theatre. Already whatever damage that he and Muyiwa created in their fight had been cleared up.

"Why didn't I start previously? Why during the full moon?"

She smiled again. "Did you ask all these questions when you started with Thomrod? Well, usually young recruits start with physical combat before using magic because not all vampires are gifted in magic. I expected you to know that. As for why I chose this period, when the full moon is out, it's simply because magical energy flows easier during the full moon. Now sit on the floor and fold your legs as if you are practicing yoga."

Jake did as he was instructed.Yoga, really?

"Now place your hands on your laps and breath."

Jake breath in and out.

"Relax, relax. That's good. Now feel the energy flow around you."

Jake felt nothing initially.

"Don't panic. It will come. It will come slowly, flowing like water into your body."

He kept at it, thinking of home, his human home and his mother. He started to feel some heat run around him.

"Good, good. You are feeling it now, right? Just relax and allow it to run through."

Jake relaxed and suddenly felt a huge current of heat and electricity push him. Suddenly, he was out of his body and saw fire surrounding him, Calypso looking a bit worried.

"Jake, Jake! Control yourself!"

The fire soon turned to a huge sea of fire, burning the entire theatre. It then turned to a turbulent flow of water, carrying his body and Calypso.

"JAKE STOP!"

He couldn't. I can't seem to get back into my body! The water soon turned into lightening, thundering all around the theatre. He was sure that the whole coven could hear it.

Calypso suddenly looked at his direction and flew towards him, tapping his forehead. He suddenly found himself on the floor with his body. Everything had disappeared.

"What, what happened?" Jake knew that it was not normal, what he had experienced.

Calypso stood up. She wasn't smiling. "You will start training once you are done with the Oracle. You can go now."

Jake wanted to ask more questions but he felt that he may not be answered. He knew one thing though.

Things had just become harder for him.

5 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2022
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"He is too powerful. You heard Calypso. The boy was the cause of all the quakes that occurred yesterday. He must die!"

Gerald looked at the rest of the council and wondered if they shared Simi's thoughts.

"I don't think he is a threat to us yet." Reese said, stroking his chin. "His powers are immense but if he is trained to control them, he may be an asset to us."

"An asset or a doom." Kike said, shooting her red eyes at Reese. "I don't share your optimism, Reese. The boy hates most of us."

"What you do mean, Kike?"

"What I said is what I mean,Your Greatness. I have observed this Jake since his entrance here. He doesn't associate with most of the vampires here, save for Thomrod and Cleopatra. He keeps his distance and is often wary of any friendly form of communication, even from me."

"And whose fault is that?" Uche said, shocking everyone. "The boy has hardly been given a chance in the coven from the moment he stepped in. Should I remind us that since he has been here, he has found himself in two near death situations: during aidokai and of recent with Muyiwa. For a boy who barely knows who he is that's a lot to take."

That will turn the scales. Gerald was happy that this was coming from Uche, not Reese. Reese is seen as his friend and stooge, Uche on the other hand will be seen as a neutral. His voice will count more than Reese.

"So what do we do? Do we fold our arms and play possum with the future of the coven?" Reagan spoke this time around.

"We can't afford to wait for that to happen! He must die!" Simi thundered.

I have had enough of that! "No one is dying, Empress!" Gerald looked at them all. "Jake hasn't been integrated properly into the coven. I have been waiting for the Oracle to call for him. Since that is a full moon away, all we can do is to wait until then. When we hear his prophecy, we can then decide on what to do. I will not hear of this matter again!"

They all nodded, Simi almost breaking her teeth in anger. You forced my hand, Simi! He had no interest in placating her.

The council meeting continued with the talk of the Deviants. "They are attacking humans along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway at night." Glabach said, giving update on his surveillance on them. "I have sent some of our warriors squadrons to stop them, which they have done with relative success."

The council approved of Glabach's efforts. Matters then moved to the celebration of the unbreaking, which is to celebrate the early beginning of Count Dracula and the start of the vampire race. Simi and Kike gave updates on that.

Gerald closed the meeting. An Emperor's life is not easy He was moving to see Muyiwa when Simi accosted him.

"That boy will destroy everything, Gerald!"

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
"Simi, your hysteria doesn't help anyone. Jake is not a threat." This madness of hers will alienate her from him forever. Already Gerald had taken to sleeping outside the royal chambers. That hasn't caused any problems yet, but that's more due to the fact that nobody knows about it, not even their kids.

"You don't see it, do you? You won't see the threat even if it's on your throat."

Gerald wondered what he will do to quell this fear that Simi seems to have about Jake.

"I won't see anything that will make me mad."

"So I am mad, Gerald? I am going insane, isn't it?"

Gerald tugged her cloth carefully. "Uche and Glabach are passing. Comport yourself."

That got to her. They turned and exchanged greetings with both Uche and Glabach. Uche took the time to explain why he supported Gerald.

Once that was done, Gerald dragged Simi from the council chambers to the royal chambers.

"Simi, this has to stop! You can't keep pushing this agenda against Jake. From what I have seen and what Uche confirmed, he is not a threat."

She walked towards the bed and sat down. "The last prophecy I got from the Oracle warned me about this. She warned me that when my power is at it's highest, someone will come and tear it down, destroy the coven and kill me. Jake is that person."

"That was years ago. Besides the Oracle didn't mention names."

"But she gave hints..."

"Like what?"

"The power level of the person. Jake fits the bill."

"So does Thomrod, I, Uche and Glabach."

"None of you have any reason to destroy the clan."

"Neither does Jake. Moreover, I see Glabach as a more dangerous person."

"Now you are the one becoming delusional. What has Glabach done to deserve your suspicion?"

"It's what he hasn't done, Simi. He is the oldest of all the vampires in the coven and the most powerful, even more than me. He has the support of the members of the coven and was almost the Emperor."

"We forestalled that."

"We did, but there are still people who see him as the one who should be the Emperor. Mind you he isn't the only threat. Reagan wanted to have a go at being an Emperor and was complicit in the Deviant uprising. There are a few others but Glabach is the biggest danger. Jake isn't even a little threat from my angle."

"But you heard what Calypso said......"

"She said that he didn't know how to control the flow of power. He isn't the first to have such issues. Even I struggled with control for the first time. If I was butchered by the Emperor of that time, would I be alive now?"

"There was no doomsday prophecy hanging on your head."

"Neither is there on Jake's head."

"What if there is? What if the first prophecy we get about him speaks of doom, what will you do?"

"I will still give him a chance. Not all prophecies that was given by the Oracle came to pass. If that was the case, we shouldn't have survived the Deviant uprising."

"Nobody from the Deviants was your blood.What will you do if despite all you do, Jake becomes a threat to the coven?"

"Then I will end him."Let's hope it will not come to that. "Give him a chance, Simi."

Simi sighed, resigned to fate. "You won't see it, no matter what I do. Fine, I will rest my case but promise me one thing. Promise me that if Jake becomes a threat to the coven or my children, you will protect them."

"I promise."

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Good work, Jake! End of session for today!"

Jake dropped the fountain of water he created to shield himself from Celeste's attack and went ahead to shake hands with her. Celeste was his sparring partner in magic and magical arts, courtesy of Calypso.

So cold! Celeste smiled when she shook his hand as a sign of friendship but her hand was very cold and uninviting.Conflicting messages, or maybe she is just tired. Jake was not bothered.

Since that first day when things went a bit out of control, his training in magic had gone smoothly. Calypso helped him a lot with that, telling him what to do and gradually bringing him into it. This was his for the session but he has learned how to control the elements and was now learning how to use them for combat. It helps that Celeste was not fazed by who he is or his abilities. I don't need anyone making me uncomfortable because of who I am.His training with Thomrod had also improved, so much that he had two people on him everyday. Thomrod is so sure that he will be a warrior once he sees the Oracle. And that visit has now arrived!

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
He no longer had any fears about visiting the Oracle or many of the issues that troubled him early on. That is also thanks to Calypso and Thomrod, who insisted that he began to eat in the common hall so as to relate with others. "You can't expect people to know you if you stay shut up in a room all the time." Claypso had said. "It's the same for vamps."

Jake followed her advice and even though he still had those who will rather spit at him than speak with him, he found a few people don't really care about the fuzz about him. That group included Stefan, Lord Glabach's son and Sofia, a white-eyed beauty. Cleopatra had told him that she was like an albino, very much affected by the moonlight but quite tolerant of the sun. "That's why she walks with the humans in the blood farm. She and Muyiwa are the most senior vampires in that sector. She can be quite vain though."

As he walked out of the training theatre, he felt the gaze of many people on him. Since the training bout he had with Muyiwa, many vampires have been more curious and nosy into his affairs. It doesn't help that he recovered faster than Muyiwa. Muyiwa himself didn't mind. "It doesn't matter." He told him, when Jake visited him, which was Calypso's idea. " Your blood gives you gifts, you shouldn't be worried about the people that get offended."

Jake walked quickly, hoping to have a shower and rest before his class on Geometry. Yes, vampires still do regular subjects, to the disgust of Jake. What's the use of being immortal and all that when Mathematics and Languages still plague you? He opened his room and came face to face with Ore.

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
What is she doing here? "How did you get into my room and what are you doing here?"

She looked at him with disgust.As if I am the scum of the earth. Yet she is the one breaking into my room. "I heard a certain boy was going to the Oracle today. I just have a warning for you. If you are a danger to this coven, I will destroy you. Believe me!"

She made to go but Jake held her hand.You won't leave that easily. "How did you enter my room?"

"How dare you hold the daughter of the Empress?"

Jake ignored that."Tell me now or I will report this to Calypso."

"And she will do what? Leave my hand now, thrash or I......"

"You would do what?"

Her eyes lit up in fire. "I will destroy you now!" Jake felt her trying to enter his mind. Unfortunately for you, I have read all about this! He held her tightly, waiting as she tried to probe his mind.

Time's up,bitch! Jake deflected her probing mind back to her.

Ore was startled. "How, when did you....."

"You will never know when and now I have the answers I seek." He let go of her. "This will be the last time you phase your way into my room or threaten me. Any time you try it again, I will report this."

Ore quickly slipped away, the same way she entered. Jake removed his shirt and really began to evaluate his situation. What's so important about this Oracle business? He knew the answer, but the fuzz over his prophecy in particular was over the roof.I hope it all ends today! I really do!

4 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oloyedprince1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Omo thanks thou but update too slow
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2022
He soon forgot about the incident as he descended on his dinner, a meal of blood oats and a big stick of meat. Horse meat, he thought dully.

While everyone was in the great Hall for their dinner, the announcement rang concerning those visiting the Oracle. When his name was called as one of those that are going to the Oracle for the first time, a few people looked at his direction. He had expected it and was immune to the stares. Let them look. He would prefer to go quietly, but that was not possible. He couldn't do anything quiet here.

After the business of dinner was done, he was ushered out of the hall with others who had a date with destiny. The person in charge of them, Cromm, was a short, white man with a grizzled look around him. He didn't look friendly at all, his eyes shining with malice at everyone.

They walked deep into the building, going lower and lower until there was no bulbs but lit torches with fire to guide their way. Jake felt like it was on purpose. Make the Oracle look ancient and maybe someone will fear her a bit more.

They got to the foot of the coven or that what he guessed from the heat and the rough nature of where they stopped. Cromm stopped in front of a door and ushered them one after the other.

Jake couldn't hear everything, but he could hear a little of what others were been told. Some were told that their strength was in kindness or humility, that they were good in magic or that their future was about magic. Some were made to know that their powers will take time to manifest but they shouldn't be dismayed.

Jake entered in last.

Inside was a white room that emitted light from it's walls. More like a laboratory. In the middle of the room was a table with a lady who looked like she belonged to an office. Her garb was a white office suit with a white skirt and white shoes. Her hair and skin was white too. Too much white. looked around for the Oracle and didn't see her.

"Hello." He said cautiously. "I suppose to see the Oracle."

She smiled.

"I am the Oracle."

3 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by oloyedprince1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2022
Thanks anyway
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
oloyedprince1:
Thanks anyway

I am very sorry for the slow updates. A lot of things are battling with me: poor power supply, no data and so on. I will try and speed up the updates this week. It has truly dragged for long.
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by idmicheal20: 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Weldon bro

More ink to your pen

Anytime you want to update, I dey with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ / Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.