Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Jake: Son Of Emperor - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jake: Son Of Emperor (26750 Views)

The Holy Emperor (The Most Interesting STory on Nairaland ...Short and Apt) / Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Son Of A God(a Story By A Nairalander) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2023
Na wow for the war, next episode
It is fight to finish
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Justin walked towards the royal chambers slowly. His mind was very much occupied with the decision he had to make.

I will never kill my teammate. He was reluctant to kill Jake but that's was because he was finding it difficult to kill a teammate. His father on the other hand had to qualms about killing him or Jake. He could have been killed by his father, if Jake didn't interfere and get into an epic battle with his father. Yet he felt some sort of loyalty to his father. This is his father,after all.

He remembered his conversation with Celeste when he left the battle.
"Jake can't defeat your father,not without your help or Muyiwa. Both of you hold the key to defeating your father and ending this battle."

"He is my father." Justin protested, even though he felt it was weak. "I can't just go kill him like that."

"Nobody is asking you to kill him. All we need is the key to deliver the blow to kill him. Jake or Muyiwa can deliver that blow. Muyiwa has the blade, but he will need a distraction in order to end your father."

"My father....."

"Is going to destroy the coven as it stands." Celeste interrupted him. "He has allowed werewolves and the Deviants free access to the coven. How long before spiders and other creatures begin to gain entry into the coven?"

"Jake was supposed to be the danger, not my father."

"But your father is the danger now." She held his hand. "I know it's difficult,but you have to consider what could happen if you refuse to help us. Jake is clearly on our side but if he dies, no one else will be able to face your father."

"Even if I am so eager to help you,I can't do it, my father....."

"Put a curse on you. I know, Cleopatra explained. That's why we need Muyiwa."

Now I am going to meet him. Justin wondered what Muyiwa would think of helping Jake. They may be siblings, but none of the Empress children ever liked him that much.

The amount of dead werewolves near the entrance of the royal chambers stopped him on his tracks. Was he late? Justin didn't want to think that he went through all the stress of coming here just to meet a dead Muyiwa.

He quickly side-stepped the dead bodies, although he had to jump over two gigantic werewolves, still in their wolf form. A very serious battle happened here. He had just finished jumping past the second werewolf when he came face to face with a gun.

"Enemy or friend?"

The voice was coming from an iron door. Is this protection or an insult? In his weakened state, Justin would tear this easily.

"Why don't you come out of that barrier and let me show you?"

The gun was lowered. "It's Justin. I have been waiting for him." He heard Muyiwa's voice. The iron wall fell, revealing three humans, Calypso and Muyiwa.

"Sorry sir. We have had issues with the attack. We have managed to kill most of them but we can't do more than holding out."

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2023
Next episode for real fight
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by Caleb15(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
This war don pass biafra war, still following...
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2023
"What happened here?"

"War." Calypso said. She was sitting behind Muyiwa, her hands on his back. Justin could see her transfer magic into him.

"Is he hurt?"

"Not physically." Muyiwa replied. "I lost most of the humans here and I almost died in the hands of Kike, but Jake and my father came just in time." He stood up. "We need to talk."

"Here?"

"No. In the garden."

The garden of Ivy. Muyiwa rarely took anyone there, even though he took Jake in there. It was the last place they went before Jake was arrested wrongly.

Muyiwa left the royal chambers and moved to the blood farm, Justin following him. More bodies of werewolves and humans littered the area. Councillor Kike really went far with this. They climbed up and then entered the garden.

It was night outside. The garden's serenity was overwhelming Justin, especially as everywhere under it was in chaos. The flowers opened up their colors to the moon, which in turn blessed them with it's radiance. It was wonderful.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"What do you think of Jake, Justin?"

What a question! Justin hadn't given much thought about that. "Why ask me about him?"

"He is your teammate, for one." Muyiwa said. "You have had more time with him than most vampires in the coven. So your view of him will more balanced. Secondly, we are at a tipping point and both of us are what will determine where the coven falls into."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Your father and Jake are probably in a death match for the coven. Your father has everything to fight for and Jake is fighting for a coven that he is not even a year into." Muyiwa paused. "Isn't it funny? Both of us had thought we would one day be crucial to the survival of this coven but now we are relying on a newbie."

A powerful newbie. "We are still important to how it ends. That's why we are having this discussion, isn't it?"

"Yes. You more than anyone knows what your father plans after burning this coven to the ground."

"He plans to make the coven the most powerful in the world. He is not burning it down!"

"He is going to burn it down, Justin. In fact he has burned it down already. Win or lose, the coven will never be the same. With what you said, I should imagine that your father plans to use the coven as a tool to control the vampire world through conquest."

Justin turned to see if it was Muyiwa that was speaking. "What, how did you know?"

"I wasn't sure, but my father suspected and he told me. Your father may be the oldest and most cunning of all the vampires here, but my father wasn't going to assume that he was all good."

"Your father was ......."

".... emperor, but he is dead. The battle between Jake and your father will determine who becomes emperor."

"Jake can't be ......"

"Emperor? No, but if your father wins and Jake either dies or submits, your father will be emperor of this coven. How many vampires would have died for that to happen, Justin? Moreover, your father's ambitions will require more vampire lives. He would wage ceaseless wars against other covens and he would do it recklessly. Our cover will be broken and before we know it, we would be exposed to the humans. You know what will happen if that happens?"

Paranoia. Justin knew, the records in the library suggest as much. Humans would hunt them down. Vampire hunters will cut them down and suddenly they will have to fight against both humans and werewolves.

"There is a reason why we keep our existence and presence in this world and especially in Nigeria a secret. We know what will happen if we don't."

"True."

"Tell me, Justin. Do you think your father will be a good emperor. He would be the most powerful emperor since Herrick himself."

He will be. [/i]Justin told himself. Will he? He remembered what happened at the theater. His father didn't care if he was killed. He would probably not care if he died today.

"No."

"So what will you do? Help your father to become emperor or help Jake to defeat him?"

Defeating him will mean his death. Justin closed his eyes. [i]This isn't a decision between my father and Jake, it's a decision between my father and the coven.

Tears were running down his cheeks. He won't weep for you! He would rejoice if your death brought him victory.

"Let's help Jake."

Muyiwa smiled and brought out a knife. "You have your blade."

He brought out his. "Yes."

Muyiwa kept his blade and close his eyes, swirling his hands. A portal opened and Justin could see Jake and his father clash with their weapons, blowing off a mountain.

"How did you...?"

"I put a locator spell on Jake when he came here, on my father's wish. Now it's your time."

Justin watched Jake slowly stand up, with the broken pieces of the blade of Herrick on the floor. He took a breath and walked into the portal.

"I give it to you, Jake. You are the most powerful being I have fought in a long time." His father spoke, standing up and holding the handle of his hammer. The head was off.

"I will give you one more chance. Bend the knee and rise as the first of my warriors. I promise that I won't prosecute you at all. I will make sure that your potential is fulfilled completely. You will be emperor after me."

"What about your son?"

"He is weak." He didn't see me. Jake's eyes met Justin but he betrayed no emotions.

"You reject your son. Why? I have looked into his mind and all I see is his devotion to you. That's why I never trusted him."

His father walked towards Jake. "Yet you refused to kill him."

"I understood him. I had such devotion to my mother, not to the level he had for you, but I did. To kill him because of that will amount to foolishness. Besides, he never harmed me directly."

"Even when he knew about the trap you and your team were going to face?"

"He had no choice."

His father smirked. "Your heart is weak. That's why you won't submit to me."

Now. Justin moved towards them. His father heard his footsteps and turned around.

"Justin. I see you have reached here. Alone, as we planned. Kill him."

Justin walked towards Jake until he was a hair's breath from him. He raised the knife.

"Now!"

He turned to his father. "I am sorry, father." Justin threw the knife at him, forcing his father to deflect it."

"How dare you....." He stopped in the middle of his statement as he watched his blood flow out. "What is happening? How...."

His father fell on his knees as the knife sank slowly. Muyiwa moved forward and face him.

"Send my greetings to my father." He took the second blade and drove it into his brain, killing him

1 Like

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by cokhale(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
Interested
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
Wow, Thai is beautiful
Finally, the bad man is gone.
I hope Muyiwa won’t be power drunk to the extent of fighting Justin and Jake for the throne tho
You’re doing well OP
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
EPILOGUE

"May they be judged fairly and brought to the doorsteps of their destination. Make the angels of life and death treat them well and guide them through the shadows to the bright lights that awaits the fallen in death."

"Amen!"

Jake chorused the prayer with them as Emperor Uche led the coven in prayers for those who died in the battle. The coven members which included his father and step-mother had their corpses burned. The flames stung him or so he told himself.

"May we see them some day."

"Amen!"

"May that day be joyful and glorious."

"Amen!"

"May we all meet in heaven." Really?

"Amen!"

The prayers ended with Emperor Uche kneeling down to the image of Lucifer. The whole coven bowed, Jake just following their lead. If lightning strikes now, all of us will die.

He looked at his left hand side and found Justin. Justin's eyes were moist too. He is probably missing his father too. Despite what Jake thought of Lord Glabach,he was Justin's father and Jake never failed to remember the sacrifice Justin made .

Once the prayers were done, Emperor Uche stood up and faced the coven.

"Today we stand here, alive and united. That is despite the best plans of our enemies and even those we call friends and family. As we mourn our fallen, we must remember what brought us to this state. The lies and the plots which did nothing but to divide and destroy us. We have all had to sacrifice a lot to keep this coven alive. Some have sacrificed more than others and the pains that they have endured will take long to heal."

"Some may ask if we will survive. If after all we have lost, if we will rise again. I say yes! Yes, we will rise again but that would need everyone of us to work together. So from today,as I take the sacred position of Emperor, I hereby repeal the decree that excludes Impervious vampires from our coven. From now on, all vampires irrespective of their origins will be accepted into our coven in the regular way. As we reform our coven,we will need to reorganize our ranks. So, as you go to your various stations,you will receive notice of the new order of things. Remember, we will rise again!"

Everyone clapped at the address as Emperor Uche walked away accompanied by Muyiwa and a few other vampires.

"Muyiwa is now on the high table. Most people will forget the job you did." Jake turned to find Austin on his left hand side.

"I don't really care. I am just relieved that it's over. Where is Justin? He was here not long ago."

They were walking towards the theater as they awaited Zachris, who had an important announcement to make.

"Really? I doubt it."

"What are you trying to say, Austin?"

Before he could reply, they were in the theater, where Zachris was standing on the podium.

"What's happening?"

Emperor Uche was on the podium as well as a few other vampires, including Muyiwa.

"Good evening, everyone!" He started. "I want to first thank you all for your various efforts during the last war we fought. As you know, we lost a lot of vampires in the war and as a result, we need to refill our ranks. Therefore, I have the pleasure of announcing those who will take positions in the coven, starting from our councillors."

Jake watched as Emperor Uche called out his councillors, which included Muyiwa. Zachris was made the physical combat trainer while Celeste was the new Oracle.

Zachris met them after the appointment.

"Well, this is the last time we will meet as a squad." He started. "As I now have the responsibility of training recruits, Justin will be the new leader of the team. Austin will soon leave the squad from what I hear. Don't worry, your ranks will be suitably filled up." He sighed. "I will miss you guys."

Jake looked uninspired. "Sir, is that your farewell speech?"

"Yes, it is." He patted him at the back. "You did very well, Jake. You all did well. Let me leave you to Justin." He walked away from them.

"Your wings must be soaring high now." Austin said. "Don't think you will push me around now, Justin!"

Justin gave a thin smile. "I will. Starting from today, we will do two hours training drills in physical and magical combat!" He squeezed his fists. "Hard training with one million push-ups and...."

"Come on!" Austin protested as Cleopatra joined them.

"Thought I would be drafted somewhere." She started. "Instead I was returned back to you for now."

"For now?"

"Yes. I have been told something big is about to happen and I will be involved. But for now, I am here." She faced Jake. "How are you doing?"

"I am fine." He said, facing Justin and Austin as they were arguing. "I am finally settled. I finally feel at home."

2 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is the end of the story. I thank everyone that has been following the story. I passed through a lot during the time period I wrote the story that's why it took so long. I will take a break for now until next year.

4 Likes

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
Awww ☺️ thanks a lot for this beautiful story
Kindly do well to tag me to your next project, thanks
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Awww ☺️ thanks a lot for this beautiful story
Kindly do well to tag me to your next project, thanks

Thank you for your reply and your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by dawno2008(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
rapmike:
This is the end of the story. I thank everyone that has been following the story. I passed through a lot during the time period I wrote the story that's why it took so long. I will take a break for now until next year.

Weldone bro, you gave it your all and I appreciate your efforts, do well to take good care of yourself and return with another banger.

Good job @rapmike....
Re: Jake: Son Of Emperor by rapmike(m): 3:51am On Nov 22, 2023
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your comment

dawno2008:

Weldone bro, you gave it your all and I appreciate your efforts, do well to take good care of yourself and return with another banger.

Good job @rapmike....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie At The Paris Fashion Week 2016 (Photos) / Home at last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.