Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? (45276 Views)

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls / MY Infinix Hot4lite Phone Sensor Light Dont Off When Making Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Etuagievin(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2021
You are alone. With your description; it's an extreme case you need to address. Calling your own mum once in since months! That's not fair. I don't think there's any point joining any social platform if you don't appreciate interacting with people, maybe with the exception of Nairaland and your biz app. Others are irrelevant to you. As for calls, you could Barr all calls from coming so won't be disturbed. Lol. Well, if you are keen on effecting a change, here is my advice: 1. Learn to appreciate people and what they do no Matter how little it seems , learn to commend them even if you have accomplished such feat many times over in the past.. learn to love more as this will endear you to others including your kindred. 3. Know that life may not continue like this forever. Situations and life's vicissitudes could make you need their help someday in the future, the close bond you form now can be helpful. 4. Try to be humble.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Princeton92(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Sounds almost like me sha, don't be afraid you ain't alone here cheesy grin

Offpoint1:
I honestly hate making calls, I hardly call ANYONE, in fact the last I spoke with my mom was 6 months ago... Is worse with my siblings and relatives. I can go a year or more without calling them.

I don't pick any call I didn't expect, neither do I return missed calls.

I hate sending people wishes, be it on social media, text or physical.
All my social media handles are in ghost mode, except my business WhatsApp.

I hardly reply messages on my personal WhatsApp line.

Although I get really busy most times, but I don't
think it's an excuse enough. I've tried changing, but it isn't working.

It seems the only place I reply to people is on Nairaland, I've never clicked a "Like button" on the internet before... I have phobia for it.

How can I adjust? I spend 99.99% of my free time Alone in a quiet place soul traveling to universe.

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by airsaylongcome: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
I honestly hate making calls, I hardly call ANYONE, in fact the last I spoke with my mom was 6 months ago... Is worse with my siblings and relatives. I can go a year or more without calling them.

It seems the only place I reply to people is on Nairaland, I've never clicked a "Like button" on the internet before... I have phobia for it.

How can I adjust? I spend 99.99% of my free time Alone in a quiet place soul traveling to universe.

When you are dead, who will come for your funeral?
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Zaheertyler(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

My people know that if They don’t call I won’t call
I enjoy my company more and being with people irritates my energy

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2021
profmallor:
Jesus Mingled, had friends and disciples. Dont make excuses for your self. man is a social animal, resolve this soonest except you want to live alone for the rest of your life. How do you intend to manage a spouse and have engaging conversations and raise a family, or is that out of your equation?. What you need is to break the spirit of loneliness and fear, there is fear somewhere in side that mind of yours. Go out, meet good people, enjoy this short life make the best of it. Call people even is you dont like them and they dont like you.

You won't get the point... I'm the guy everyone wants to listen to or be with when I'm open for conversation and fun... But that part of me comes occasional. I've met great people in my life, I'm not afraid of conversation. I don't withdrawn myself from conversation IF IT INTEREST me

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Semaj77(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

My mum feels I don't love her that much cos I hardly call her , she even thinks I call my friends more than I call her ( she doesn't know I call her more than I call my friends ). I find solitude with myself and myself alone , as long as there's power , food and internet I can remain indoors forever. I could say I'm asexual , I don't hate sex but I'm perfectly fine without it. I'm by no means antisocial , if I have people around I'm actually normal and you may not know I dread having people around me. My brother you're definitely not alone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2021
kabaarikabaari:
guy u are a devil. u hardly call ur mum n siblings? ur heart is killing u. bad mind. free urself pls. d only way out is start having a good heart now. I mean mind set. I am not insulting u but am describing,
A bad mind is someone with evil intentions wink
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Flamees(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2021
duro4chang:
He is alone
I swear fucking alone
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2021
Unik3030:
sorry if u find this question offensive

Please how old are u?
Do u "work from home"
Which religion do u practice?
Do u have a girlfriend?

Sorry I asked this to see things from another angle cos I once had a friend like u n he stopped doing all these when he got to a particular age
My skill sets are flexible, I can work anywhere... but I choose a full time job for the purpose of dealing with people of different personalities and believes....

As for my religion I was born a Christian, when I came of age... I choose what to believe and what to question.
As for relationship, i'm incapable of loving, but I respect everyone.

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Elliot2(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2021
My good friend's younger sister whom I had very big crush on and was planning to marry if I make money and she is available passed on since last year but I didn't know because for the past two years or more I have been on ghost mode. Imagine the shock I had when I heard the news this week when I finally came out from my hiding to chat up my friend.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Charmingrascal(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2021
peter8535:
then wat are u tryin to prove

www.google.com
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by smyo(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2021
You must be a witch or wizard

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Sholaco: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2021
I pity for your life when God decided to call you make you ignore him call
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by dettolgel: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Depress? Naaa! I've mastered the act of dealing with life problems since I was 11, nothing on earth can make me depress. No pleasure, nor pain, nor rejection.

Isolation is a powerful tool to unleash spirituality, the more isolated you are the less human you become and the more spirit you become. It's a key to spirit realm. More powerful than prayers, chants and incantations.

If you can trace some historical spiritual books, most communications with the spirit realms took place in isolated places.
Take a clue from the Bible for references.
Abraham communicate with God in isolated places
Moses as you know always left for the mountains
Jesus always left his disciples behind into isolation when he wants to communicate with God.

Let me not derail my thread

That is where you got it wrong.

Depression is not necessarily as a result of something going bad in your life.

It is a brain issue, some people without any problem in life suffer from depression.

Some events in one's life can also trigger it.

As per being a loner, it is nice staying in your lane no drama, I love it too.

But as you get older and move on in life you realize that you need both human interaction and healthy social skill to have both a healthy relationship and flourishing career.

Unless your family has willed you a fortune such that you can afford to ask everyone to go f*** themselves and surrender yourself with a retinue of house helps. But as you get even older even paid house helps are no substitute to healthy family ties.

I am speaking from experience. The hardship I experienced when I first moved out here was made bearable by my constant contact with friends and family. Then over the years I built a small circle of friends both for social needs. But as we get older I have realized that my circle of friends have started dwindling and the number that seems to grow are family. Uncles, sisters and brothers giving births you getting to rapport with their offspring etc. You will need these people you had better start to build that social circle.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Lekmanz87(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Well you won’t understand the gravity of all this till you are in need of something…moreover your moniker says it all
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by richmond500: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2021
Jaydot01:
You are my twin bro. No cap
no one is like OP, last person he spoke to was his mom and that was 6months ago.

I don't make calls either but at least I make 3 calls every month
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2021
nairaman66:

Each of those people you mentioned were called by God, are you?

Some people were called through prayers! Because you are a loner doesn’t mean you attract spirituality. Don’t let motivational books fool you
YOU WERE TOLD AND READ THEY WERE CALLED BY GOD.....
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Sicilyjoe: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2021
U are not alone, infact I only make calls when I See that the credit will expired and taken back so I will use that opportunity to waste it or the call is very important to me
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Jonesflemmings: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2021
You be were....real one
You need to visit Aro get your brain checked
How will you not talk to your mum for 6 months
You be isiewu indeed
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Emmanuel909090: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

I pray you get well soon, tey visiting a doctor, it is a mental disorder
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2021
No calling, no receiving calls, no replying text, no sending of texts, no chats and you are asking if you are normal? Some even dey talk sey dem be like you too, I just pity una.
If we close eyes make evil people Waka pass, you no go know when good person go pass.
God no go let us close eyes the day our benefactor go waka pass.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Bouncin(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2021
You are not alone on this OP, but yours is way too more than mine. I don't feel very great about it. undecided
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Ewatomitemi(f): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2021
That too bad
How can you not talk to your mom for six months and you feel so comfortable

We all can't stay without needing somebody's help one day,u should always think of dat and not ignore everyone,dat is too bad

You need to work on yourself man
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by colossus2: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2021
The life of a recluse smiley
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by naturefellow(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2021
No man is an island. Call and check up on people, especially loved ones, even if they don't reciprocate.

It's an act of love which is very impactful, even if you don't get (immediate) feedback, and it eventually finds its way back to you in ways you can never imagine.

You don't need to be active on social media. However, it's good to make strong casual or business connections on there.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Cheeryfeet: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Depress? Naaa! I've mastered the act of dealing with life problems since I was 11, nothing on earth can make me depress. No pleasure, nor pain, nor rejection.

Isolation is a powerful tool to unleash spirituality, the more isolated you are the less human you become and the more spirit you become. It's a key to spirit realm. More powerful than prayers, chants and incantations.

If you can trace some historical spiritual books, most communications with the spirit realms took place in isolated places.
Jesus always left his disciples behind into isolation when he wants to communicate with God.

You can as well leave naira land to complete your isolation

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by ciencee(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2021
Cashio:
Don't worry, one day, you will be in need of those family and friends you refused to call nor pick their calls and you will be forced to call and they may not answer you.
One day, you will lose that friend or family member whom you refused to call nor take their calls while they were alive and you will miss not communicating with them more frequently earlier on....
Reach out to your friends and family for their is no beauty in life without them.
You spoke well,
The op might not understand what you said now until when it might have become late.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by cho25bc(f): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Everything you listed here are signs of depression and recluse. You may soon have to relocate to the uncivilized parts of the world like the jungle to live alone (like some oyibo men do when they are tired of civilization and when they hate people). You need to talk to someone because this is a risky path you are threading.
In your case, it means you dislike people and hate their company. If a suicidal thought enters your head, nobody will know. Please seek counselling or therapy before it gets out of hand.
Not calling people is not the problem, but taking it too far to the point of not replying your SM messages, not picking most calls (even if it's an emergency), and other interaction with the world around you (even extending it to your own mum) doesnt sound right to me. What if you have a gf? How will you communicate with her? How do you communicate with your colleagues at work or business clients with this attitude?

IMO, you are depressed but you dont know.
God will be with you.

Offpoint1:

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Psychiatrists needed urgently
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by ayemip(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2021
It's a unique way to run mad
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2021
dettolgel:

That is where you got it wrong.

Depression is not necessarily as a result of something going bad in your life.

It is a brain issue, some people with any problem in life suffer from depression.

Some events in one's life can also trigger it.

As per being a loner, it is nice staying in your lane no drama, I love it too.

But as you get older and move on in life you realize that you need both human interaction and healthy social skill to have both a healthy relationship and flourishing career.

Unless your family has willed you a fortune such that you can afford to ask everyone to go f*** themselves and surrender yourself with a retinue of house helps. But as you get even older even paid house helps are no substitute to healthy family ties.

I am speaking from experience. The hardship I experienced when I first moved out here was made bearable by my constant contact with friends and family. Then over the years I built a small circle of friends both for social needs. But as we get older I have realized that my circle of friends have started dwindling and the number that seems to grow are family. Uncles, sisters and brothers giving births you getting to rapport with their offspring etc. You will need these people you had better start to build that social circle.

You've quite spoken well, but it seems a lot of people misunderstood my thread...

I socialize with people, I have held countless of lectures to teach few of my knowledge.
My socialization is basically on my term...
I just don't have the ability to reach out to people in terms checking on their wellbeing
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Kayyus09(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2021
You're not alone. In fact, I can count the numbers of words that comes out of my mouth daily (sometimes none).

But I guess what informed mine was frustration from disappointment and not getting things right as they ought to be.

If things are going on well, some people will even force themselves to relate and talk to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Need Whatsapp Messenger For Nokia Xpressmusic / My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. / US Military Bans Huawei, ZTE Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.