Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? (45271 Views)

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls / MY Infinix Hot4lite Phone Sensor Light Dont Off When Making Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by sabreal: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2021
You are not the only one, but its a bad attitude. When you need people urgently and place the calls, they may not take you serious and may have adverse effects on you and your social relationships.

Check it, you may have more lost than gains as a results.

Offpoint1:
I honestly hate making calls, I hardly call ANYONE, in fact the last I spoke with my mom was 6 months ago... Is worse with my siblings and relatives. I can go a year or more without calling them.

I don't pick any call I didn't expect, neither do I return missed calls.

I hate sending people wishes, be it on social media, text or physical.
All my social media handles are in ghost mode, except my business WhatsApp.

I hardly reply messages on my personal WhatsApp line.

Although I get really busy most times, but I don't
think it's an excuse enough. I've tried changing, but it isn't working.

It seems the only place I reply to people is on Nairaland, I've never clicked a "Like button" on the internet before... I have phobia for it.

How can I adjust? I spend 99.99% of my free time Alone in a quiet place soul traveling to universe.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by havenz(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Hope you don't masturbate when you stay alone?
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Kayyus09(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2021
airsaylongcome:

When you are dead, who will come for your funeral?

What's the business of the dead with the living? Isn't that their problem to deal with.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
I honestly hate making calls, I hardly call ANYONE, in fact the last I spoke with my mom was 6 months ago... Is worse with my siblings and relatives. I can go a year or more without calling them.

It seems the only place I reply to people is on Nairaland, I've never clicked a "Like button" on the internet before... I have phobia for it.

How can I adjust? I spend 99.99% of my free time Alone in a quiet place soul traveling to universe.

"What if it were a potential random client trying to reach you on a multimillion naira project?". - Village People spokesperson
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by OneKinGuy(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2021
same
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by hustla(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2021
Snitch24:

Ignore is the right word
For 6 month

Person wey dey craze

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by 5thcolm(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2021
airsaylongcome:

When you are dead, who will come for your funeral?
Are you kidding me? I personally don't care what happens to my corpse or funeral after I die

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2021
cho25bc:
Everything you listed here are signs of depression and recluse. You may soon have to relocate to the uncivilized parts of the world like the jungle to live alone (like some oyibo men do when they are tired of civilization and when they hate people). You need to talk to someone because this is a risky path you are threading.
In your case, it means you dislike people and hate their company. If a suicidal thought enters your head, nobody will know. Please seek counselling or therapy before it gets out of hand.
Not calling people is not the problem, but taking it too far to the point of not replying your SM messages, not picking most calls (even if it's an emergency), and other interaction with the world around you (even extending it to your own mum) doesnt sound right to me. What if you have a gf? How will you communicate with her? How do you communicate with your colleagues at work or business clients with this attitude?

IMO, you are depressed but you dont know.
God will be with you.

smile" I have no reasons to be depress. I've been around enough to swallow whatever life present.

I socialize with people, but on my term.
I relate people if we ever meet physically
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by daveP(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2021
This is one personality disorder that needs therapeutic intervention.

You as a human, was made to interact, coexist, communicate and relate, with even the smallest living thing that exists out there.

You are young and are proud of what many old people today are scared about. They are afraid they'll be left alone and not spoken with. That's why they always want to go out and talk with strangers.

You are still young. Time is on your side. Break this cycle and invest in relationship and how to build social circles, if not, joining one, at least, with some yardsticks to your preference. I see some people flaunting this disorder as some kind of Principle out there today, and it is shocking that it takes one or two bad experience to restore Factory settings.

Get books on Relationship and If you got your Bible nearby, take a peek at the book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes and digest. Family don't deserve to be shut out cos you feel like. Interactions is a necessity.

That's why those under the old Communist Years in Europe, in a bid to break their prisoners and wrongly accused persons, locked them far away in isolation cells deep beneath the ground with not even the buzz of a fly or dripping water to make them know life is real. It worked even on the strongest of men. Its still used today.

So unless you're in some communist prison condition, break free.

Best of Luck and may God help you.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by DigitB: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2021
No man is an island.

It's not good to shut people out.

You need friends, you need family.

You need to service your relationships.

Try and change your lifestyle to avoid loneliness and depression.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Offpoint1: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"What if it were a potential random client trying to reach you on a multimillion naira project?". - Village People spokesperson
Then you calls would be coming from my business lines cause I don't give out my personal line
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Epeegee(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Oluwoo:
Guy you are not alone. Op your own small... it 10months now i called my parent or even returned their calls.
It being 6years we saw each other an we are in the same country.

Clap for yourself bro,you deserve A gold medal for this achievement
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by airsaylongcome: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2021
5thcolm:

Are you kidding me? I personally don't care what happens to my corpse or funeral after I die

Then you have your answer. If you do not care then no need to maintain relationships. Also know that people often fall ill and need care from family or friends before they die. As long as you also don't care about that then it's Okay to continue without maintaining your relationships
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by brosom(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Temigirl95:
Exactly. Just leave him for now. Let him not adjust and be capping rubbish
he is old in age, but Young in understanding.

He's still a child to me.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by possibilita(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2021
You are not alone
I am here with you
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Odichi(f): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2021
You defined my husband. Una plenty.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2021
Cashio:
Don't worry, one day, you will be in need of those family and friends you refused to call nor pick their calls and you will be forced to call and they may not answer you.
One day, you will lose that friend or family member whom you refused to call nor take their calls while they were alive and you will miss not communicating with them more frequently earlier on....
Reach out to your friends and family for their is no beauty in life without them.
Exactly,death of a loved one is enough to reset the whole idea…Like you keep wishing you kept in touch and around..This may also affect when one start up there own family
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by IamYorubanza: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Omo I see me in all you just said @op .... I just dey like dey my dey....
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Truvelisback(m): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Ego? You don't know me personally.

Low self-esteem? Naaa there's no one I can engage in conversation, I've address countless crowd of people on many occasions. I've lecture people in high positions, I've challenged and questioned ideologies of people far greater than me Academically.
I write based on the info u gave, which has to do with ur behaviour. U are also that self,self type. Unfortunately, it's not a good behaviour because of the consequences attached.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Mercisharelove(f): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Contact me I will share something with you
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2021
I don't like people who don't know how to call their friends,family and other loved ones once a while.

I care a lot so OP someone like you cannot be my friend.

Nobody is an island learn basic human communication, technology came to help a lot for a reason.

Take your mental health seriously

1 Like

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by oliverwrites: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Me too. It is too stressful. I hate phones generally unless the discussion is money or church related.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by spinojay(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2021
@OP, you are a loner
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Skoonheid(f): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2021
Why don't you soul travel and never return from your djinn state .
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Kellie069(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2021
The last time you spoke with your mum was 6 months ago? But you de call ur girlfriend everyday abi
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
qtguru:

You will be depressed and isolated if you keep this up, no cap , talk to people esp family
On point
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by daveP(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

What Steps did you take that didn't work? Can start from there.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by SirMichael1: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Depress? Naaa! I've mastered the act of dealing with life problems since I was 11, nothing on earth can make me depress. No pleasure, nor pain, nor rejection.

Isolation is a powerful tool to unleash spirituality, the more isolated you are the less human you become and the more spirit you become. It's a key to spirit realm. More powerful than prayers, chants and incantations.

If you can trace some historical spiritual books, most communications with the spirit realms took place in isolated places.
Take a clue from the Bible for references.
Abraham communicate with God in isolated places
Moses as you know always left for the mountains
Jesus always left his disciples behind into isolation when he wants to communicate with God.

Let me not derail my thread
How old are you bro?
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Peemonny:
I feel you are still young to understand life, there are problems that comes in triple waves, it not every problem u can solve alone, I wonder how u can stay 6months and not communicate with ur mom and be feeling bad ass about it, I wonder how she feels, how will u find a wife? Who will u talk to wen u have martial issues? If you are in financial need who do u talk to? the deepest problems starts wen you are 30+ and chocked with responsibilities remember your friends are your children's connection except you do not have any plans for marriage or having children, if that's the cases you are one hell of a selfish being. Remember problem be like grace it is new every morning. Secondly you will miss alot of opportunities not returning calls or picking them. Someone I knew gave anothers person my number and he did contact me and guess what it was a deal and I made good money out of it, was I expecting his call Hell No! If I hadn't picked the opportunity will pass to someone else #fact and I've had similar experiences more than 5 times, there is this guy I heard about he is just like you and very intelligent he came out with 1st class from uni but guess what he committed suicide possibly loneliness maybe part of the cause. What I'm just trying to say is there are lots of advantages wen u have people u can confide in as opposed to being alone in everything u will get tired, burnt out and give up.

God bless you.
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2021
You are alone what a bad attitude the earlier you change your mentality for better
Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:

You are not alone.
There are times I don't pick calls.

It's a sign of introversion
There are times we just feel like not talking to anyone.

I prefer texting to calling and all my friends and family knw that.
I haven't called my girlfriend for two week and she has been calling I did not pick. (Atleast she understands my personality)

I ended a relationship recently because I don't call and I don't pick calls, if you can't chat or text me then we might not talk for weeks.

Infact I only chat people on my WhatsApp contact list when necessary, if we have nothing important to say I don't send or reply chat on time.
Infact if you want to make it worse try and video call me without prior notice, I will ignore it and I will never say anything about it when we meet next because I believe it is wrong to video chat/call someone without prior notice no matter who u are.

I love the lifestyle

You don't call your girlfriend,she even calls you and you don't pick and you think this relationship will last.
Do you know how to give a woman time and attention so?

Nawa

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? by Asour: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Sapaz02:
Then quite social media & anything that relates to infor tech ok.

Really?

Social media was itself created, in part (as least as admitted by some creators), to limit people's reluctance for physical contact/communication AKA
the Introverted.

It's a haven for them (Introverts)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Need Whatsapp Messenger For Nokia Xpressmusic / My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. / US Military Bans Huawei, ZTE Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.