Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27886 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by younglleo: 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
cooked 1cup of rice wit sugar as ingredient

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

If I had connection, you need to be in America now doing comedy.

You don off me totally.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by APOSTLEIYKE(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
Eyinju112:
We all got stories to tell, and most times it’s not a thing to remember, may God answer all our secret prayers

AMEN & AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Jollyjune(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
Back then, was always on the lookout for the next available pawpaw to eat. Asin I no dey let de pawpaw ripe sef, I go just pluck am grin. So tay our landlord vex cut de pawpaw tree overnight..lolz grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ginaz:
I fried dry garri with oil, even garnished it with onions and ate .

It was Very delicious but didn’t Bible said any food taste sweeter to the man who is hungry? grin

Na so e be.

Fine woman, lol.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Slurity(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
It was my pre-degree days at the university, 2 weeks to the final exam, I and my friend were broke to the extent that we decide to permanently stay in the sch premises because we will need to be trekking to and fro from our hostel that is over 15km into the town. We then survive on cashew and mango fruit in the campus, moving from a tree to another like monkeys. That is when we discover that if you want cashew fruits to stay longer in your stomach, just pluck the fruit, squeeze our the juice and eat only the shaft. Poverty is deadly but also is wealth.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
I don't think I've been badly hungry before unless I refused to eat, at home we had all foods, more than enough. and money wasn't a problem either.

I guess that was why you decided to kill broke people.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Funkybabee(f): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
I can't just forgot that day omo mehn it's a lovely memory grin

We were in the secondary school then, we arrived at home without knowing that there's no food or soup though garri dey for dinner.

Na so we creative pikin tell my mum to use our last Kobo to buy ewedu so that we can do ewedu alasepo to chop eba.

We would have drink garri jejely make everybody sleep like that ooo

Na so we start making eba, next is ewedu alasepo

omo ewedu alasepo refused to draw afi bi egbo le, na that time when we were eating the food made my mum bursted into tears saying she can't believe she's eating egbo ile oooo

Na laugh bursted off my mouth, a just dey tell her say we children gan no complain oo, na she dey cry like baby olohun I can't forget that day I still dey tease her till now that she should pls let us try ewedu alasepo once again na laugh she go burst to grin

Oh my goodness, I can't forget that ewedu abami

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Algold: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hungry go make u go inside bush and be looking for the tree with fruits.

U never see something
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Adadioranma79(f): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
When you can make okro or ognono soup with 800 and buy 200naira garri

Juliusmomoh:
Just as the subject above.

What is the weirdest things hunger makes you do?

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

But can you imagine that i turn the yam porrigde into soup?

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by MikeMicheal(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales..

To be sincere....haven't experience tough hunger though right from birth... not because say na me huzzle pass....or we get money for the family...but every body concentrated their love and care for me.....
As the only niggar among six children.....

Respect to all those who don really suffer

Keep saying more about yourself.
You are being tracked, incase you dont know.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by inumidun2010(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
When I was in 400level second semester, my APPETITE increased like something else, I finished food Wey mama give me within some weeks... I no get mouth to ask home for food...
God helped me, it was MANGO SEASON in Anyigba, early in the morning, dem know me 4 my lodge say I no dey use the toilet in my room(self-con) because my toilet face kitchen..
Once, I enter bush to go mark register like this, my lodge mate know say Na MANGO I go bring, it became worse when money finish..
I became light and was EMACIATING... lo and behold, I go enter inside school find someone who go buy me #20 Okpa and I go use mango chop am, Na my Guy Wey go house go beg them say I don turn bushman 4 school oooo..
When food finally arrived, the IGBOLABIs ( SMOKERS) in my lodge help me finish my FOOD... I was back to SQUARE ONE...

I resumed my MANGO ADVENTURE....
I no dey miss my TARGET when it comes to MANGO HUNTING.... Those days were fun , I no get SHAME AT ALL, since I no dey impress ANYONE....

But HUNGER embarrass me no be SMALL, anytime my PROJECT GROUP have meeting, my STOMACH go just dey make some STUPID SOUND....
Some GIRLS go just think say Dem go fit manipulate me via FOOD, EMILAYEMI. wetin concern me with your food when MANGO still dey untop TREE

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Lamanii22(f): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Debauhaus1990:

I think say Sapa no dey catch women now?

Ha! It does ooo... Plenty times, especially when I was younger... Thank God for the training my mom gave me ooo....
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Funkybabee:
I can't just forgot that day omo mehn it's a lovely memory grin

We were in the secondary school then, we arrived at home without knowing that there's no food at soup though garri dey for dinner.

Na so we creative pikin tell my mum to use our last na to buy ewedu so that we can do ewedu alasepo.

We would have drink garri jejely make everybody sleep like that ooo

Na do we start making eba, next is ewedu alasepo omo ewdu refused to draw afi bi egbo le, na that time when my mum is eating she bursted into tears saying she eating egbo ile oooo

Na life bursted off my mouth a just dey tell her say we children gan no complain oo, na she dey cry like baby olohun I can't forget that day I still dey tease her till now that she should pls let us try ewedu alasepo once again na laugh she go dry burst to grin

Oh my goodness, I can't forget that ewedu abami

Only a Yoruba God will understand this.

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Peacefulguy90: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thank God I gat small menial work doing...just graduated and never feel d pain......make up to 25k a week,may God strengthen those still finding it to survive

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by stinjoe(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Do you remember me?
I don't think I remember you Sir! Good afternoon Sir!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Olumide460: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
From KDa to futa, bro you are a legend
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Angelacruz: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nawooo...
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Neimar: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sold my clothes grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Greatn3ss: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
I had to trek a very long distance just to save the last 150 I had with me for feeding for the rest of that day, when I got home I didn't want to drink garri because I've been drinking all the while but I had no choice cause my money couldn't afford anything tangible. Had to buy indomie #100 and garri #50, soaked the garri down while I was cooking the indomie so the garri can rise well. When the indomie was Ok i mix the garri with the indomie and ate so that it will at least hold me a little.. Many things o, even presently am doing part time labourer work after school hours just make them give me food chop, no payment.

E be things
0228268496 GTB
Abeg do something if God touch your heart

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by ford101: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
ANDREW91:

Hmmm
One particular day
No single cash on me because salary was delayed
No gas in the cylinder....nepa refused to bring light for me to use hot plate.
I carry noodles soak am inside normal water for 15mins..filtered it and eat like dat...weird!
rubbish that's a normal hostel life food na.its even better than cooked one if u add just little part of the seasoning.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Funkybabee(f): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

Only a Yoruba God will understand this.

Lol.
Don't mind me grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
Soaked garri, so it could be enough for my stomach.
Attended all the church weddings being announced that were closed by. You need to see how my eyes would be shining and extremely focused on those servers...if they missed my table like this, my heart go dey beat fast.
Used 150 Naira to make soup( Ewedu-50, Smoked fish 50, Palm oil -30, Maggi -20) as at 2010. But this Ewedu soup mixed with those ingredients can be so delicious ehn! Sometimes we’d add ponmo lol

This life is truly a stage, may we never experience poverty again in Jesus powerful name, Amennnnn!!!!

15 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by DSC7: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
May God Bless us all.... cry

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by stinjoe(m): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Do you remember me?
It's seems hunger has done it's wonders again. If I am not mistaking. Your name rings a bell in one of my Ogas at the top Chatinent. I think one of his threads.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by billyman(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
i don buy bread #100 buy sugar pour am inside water take bread dey touch am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
I used to get left overs from the cultural events we had in the city a Nigerian lady just always called me to help out when I was getting broke like an angel sha but in college I started selling my books after semesters for extra cash to pay my bills etc now if I’m not using the phone or gadget I either sell or Dash someone who really needs it … I once pawned my entire studio and used the money $150 to get phone got insurance on it and sure enough when it spoiled they sent me a brand new one the The latest palm treo… I once sold knives because it was 20 dollars to book appointment Once when my battery died I had to eat 1 slice of bread and one small Nescafé coffee for breakfast I even borrowed from people I had paid 60k the night before shed tears walahi because people do it on the daily with a smile so if I can help I can help not for manipulation but to change somebody story

One good thing about hunger is you become a master budgeter after

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Toks2008(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sold my properties.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by dshokodiza(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ahmback:
Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread.

Here in Uni,,,, i don dey hungry for two good days surviving only on water... on the third day a good Samaritan gave me 2k to buy food saying I was "flying" while walking

Aside hunger stuff,,, i got lots of story to tell base on hostel life
.."Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread" Was Ajicombined���..
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Emmasteev(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
I drank #100 garris then, for 5days, just because I don't know how to beg
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Shellsploit: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by FahBuLous: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ahmback:
Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread.

Here in Uni,,,, i don dey hungry for two good days surviving only on water... on the third day a good Samaritan gave me 2k to buy food saying I was "flying" while walking

Aside hunger stuff,,, i got lots of story to tell base on hostel life
Flying while working grin grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.