Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How to overcome a broken heart? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How to overcome a broken heart? (6196 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / Ways On How To Overcome A Heartbreak(come In) / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to overcome a broken heart? by MsPotato(f): 10:26am On May 30, 2011
When you first broke up with your love one, how many days did it took you to recover?

Did u do it on your own or with the help of others?

Lets say u have no one to talk about this and you have no one, what will you do?
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by snowdrops(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2011
The first 3 statements were sensible and appropriate. But the next one was uncalled for and provocative. You should not expect only nice responses. Comments are meant to be for and against. If all you have in the world are friends and not enemies, then we would be in garden of Eden.

For the original scenario, from my experience, it is only natural to grieve when you lose someone you really love. You can battle with turmoil of emotions, guilt, regret, blame, anger, denial, etc. During this stage, try not to do anything daft eg, aggression, unnecessary gossip, threats, etc. Some distraction might do, eg, time off from work, reading a novel, going on holiday with same sex friends.

After digesting the whole news, it would be time to move on. Perhaps be more selective this time around, as you must have learnt a lesson or two from the previous experience.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by sexylogan(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2011
Ms. Potato, wer u recently heartbroken?

Ms. Potato:

When you first broke up with your love one, how many days did it took you to recover?

Lets say u have no one to talk about this and you have no one, what will you do?

And those whom wants to bash me, dont make me curse your sorry b1tchy a55!!! angry U can just go 4uck off and lick your bloody anu5 if you have nothing better to say! angry angry angry

Sincerely,
Ms in Not a so good mood! angry cry

there's no need for that, dear. sorry about ur bad mood. take it easy.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Dyt(f): 10:36am On May 30, 2011
U ll feel so empty
frnds cld help u 4get
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by sexylogan(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2011
Dyt:

U ll feel so empty
frnds cld help u 4get

good advice. sorry again, Ms. Potato. heartbreak's a b1tch.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by lashontae(f): 11:12am On May 30, 2011
Ms. Potato
Did u break up with ur naija boyfriend? Wot hapend?!
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by octar6: 11:34am On May 30, 2011
[color=#990000]Its not really easy to deal with it.Your best bet is to occupy your mind with other things.Channel all your energy to stuffs like reading books/novels,hang out with friends,watch nice movies,avoid 2much love songs and be determined to move on.
Try to find out what lead to the break up.and ammend it for your next relationship
cheers.[/color]
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 30, 2011
What happened to it? [I mean the love of your life in your profile pix]
Did it had an accident?
too bad you can take it to the panel beaters am sure they will do a good job of restoring it back.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by born2boink(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2011
The last time heart was broken,I mend it with bottles of star daily
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by snowdrops(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2011
star like all alcohol dey help chill. but in the long run, na film trick. once you sober up, you are left with the same problem you were attempting to forget.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 30, 2011
Ms. Potato:

And those whom wants to bash me, dont make me curse your sorry b1tchy a55!!! angry U can just go 4uck off and lick your bloody anu5 if you have nothing better to say! angry angry angry

Sincerely,
Ms in Not a so good mood! angry cry

Yepa!! Am falling in love wiv Ms Potato's Tenses grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by dkings101(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2011
Ms Potato,

What happen to u and ur guy? So sad to hear this happen. Just take heart hmm, To let go, would advice u to relocate as memories of where and wat u guys have done and being to b4 would make u feel down,

But I would advice u reconcile with him cos the way u talk abt him really make me knw u love him so much, it might be break up but am sure you guys would reconcile. Just give it a try.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by MsPotato(f): 12:07pm On May 30, 2011
Thanks guys for the feedback and your understanhding.

Well, Im surprise you guys refer this case to me instead of responding directly to my question.

Anyways, its true, my bf and I had seperated. Well, we are trying to seperate for 6 months to a year and see how is our progress. I didnt know after that it really did hit me really hard despite to the fact that he told me that I could msg him or call him and he will surerly reply no matter what but why do I feel soo heart broken? Ive been soo unfocus in practise and Ive been really rude to my friends and family and I feel bad but I cannot help it.

Its not that we dont love each other anymore, I love him with all my heart and he loves me but they are so many things apart from love that causes us to split. (i cannot mention here as even how much I said it, u guys will never understand), . .

We are just trying out splitting for 6 months to a year and see how it goes.

However I would appreciate other feedback as this your suggestions. , I have tried them and I dont seem to be getting over him. cry cry cry

Does having a heart break make u feel like u cannot breathe? Cause thats just how I feel cry
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by MsPotato(f): 12:10pm On May 30, 2011
HEYYY!!! WHY IS THIS TOPIC IN THE MAIN PAGE!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by lashontae(f): 12:13pm On May 30, 2011
^awwww. . .
So sowi to hear that! Heart break aint easy on the heart!
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by iice(f): 12:15pm On May 30, 2011
Differs for everyone.  Some people take days, others years.
If you don't have others to talk to.  First embrace everything.  You have to mourn and arrive at acceptance before you can move on (well not all the time).
After that, channel your energy towards other things.  
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by MsPotato(f): 12:18pm On May 30, 2011
lashontae:

^awwww. . .
So sowi to hear that! Heart break aint easy on the heart!

Tell me about it cry I never knew it could this hard cry cry cry Have u ever been heartbroken? How did u handle yours if you had? sad

iice:

Differs for everyone.  Some people take days, [color=#990000]others years.
If you don't have others to talk to.  First embrace everything.  You have to mourn and arrive at acceptance before you can move on (well not all the time).
After that, channel your energy towards other things.  [/color]

YEARS shocked shocked shocked OH MY GOD! I hope thats not me! I have many things in life I need to focus oo. But I dont know how to focus cause I think about him all the time! cry cry cry
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by iice(f): 12:23pm On May 30, 2011
That's because your breakup is still fresh for you. You have to get through it before you can start concentrating on the things you want to do
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by anishe(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2011
i had this GF on mine when we were in Unilag and when she said she's not interested anymore, i felt so disturbed not because of my Love for her (cos i never loved her for once but for the goody goody i enjoyed from her in bed-she's good to stupor). But when i confided in a very clkose friend of mine in the same class who happened to know her very well, he told to forget about her cos she's not a wife material that she's already preggy for another man.

The moent my friend said that, i forgot about her immediately. Thank God i confided in my friend.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by snowdrops(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2011
reading between the lines, you are conteplating going back to him. remember if it were not meant to be, then its not meant to be. there is nothing worse than a double heart break. he may well be in a new relationship.

My advise;

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND MOVE ON.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by dkings101(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2011
Ms Potato,

Just read ur recent comments on "Black Men Makes Me Hot", but the fact is, even u r no longer wit ur bf, u would still bump into another black dude. So I would just advice u 2 just reconcile with him and ENJOY THE RELATIONSHIP WHILE IT LAST. Just have this at the back of ur mind. Since there are many factor that can't make u 2 to be together for like, just enjoy the relationship while it last. Believe me or not, U would still end up with another black dude, who knws if it is me wink grin

So reconcile with him, enjoy the fizzy.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by lashontae(f): 12:35pm On May 30, 2011
@Ms. Potato
Yeah, av been heartbroken. I wish I could find the magical recipe that I could recommend to wipe your hurt, but sadly, you have to go through the withdrawal symptoms. For now, i'd say just do the things that make you happy. . . .
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by drgica74: 1:17pm On May 30, 2011
Once you have a broken heart, look for a Cardiothoracic Surgeon immediately for open heart surgery.

Is an emergency.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by osaretin20: 1:22pm On May 30, 2011
when heart broken the best cure is to look for replacement immediatly.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Nekai(f): 9:34pm On May 30, 2011
Love; giving someone the power to destroy you but trusting them not to.

undecided cry undecided
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by 190: 9:37pm On May 30, 2011
born2fuck:

The last time heart was broken,I mend it with bottles of star daily
grin grin grin
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 30, 2011
undecided
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by busygirl(f): 9:55pm On May 30, 2011
Time heals. But most of us hate the process. I went down that line few months ago. For two weeks, I cried every night and couldn't focus at uni. After two weeks, the tears stopped. Anyway, I want you to know it is not wrong to grieve. It is a way of letting things out. Although, occasionally I still feel depressed and beat myself on what could have been. But most times, I try as much as possible to snap out of that mood by either praying, listening to music or sleeping. You will definitely heal, it might just take some time.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by Ekpoma1: 9:59pm On May 30, 2011
With time u overcome heartbreak bt if u cant wait 4 time. Get hooked up with someone.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by sistajay(f): 10:28pm On May 30, 2011
@ Poster. . . . . . please listen to Mr Vegas song 'I am Blessed' go to youtube, your heartache will be a ting of the past.
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by MrsChima1(f): 10:30pm On May 30, 2011
Ms. Potato

Aww. Keep your head up and you will be okay. kiss kiss
Re: How to overcome a broken heart? by sexylogan(m): 11:33pm On May 30, 2011
Ms. Potato, sumtyms a long relationship, whether good or bad, becums like

a drug addiction- we just can't let go. Someone will come along that will

make you realise why this one didnt work. Take heart and be strong, the

best is yet to come.
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nairaland Men This Desperate? / Advice Pls: Saw This SMS In My Girl-friend Inbox / OMG! Must See Big Yansh Of This IG Model (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.