Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

I'm Losing My Only Sister - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Losing My Only Sister (41891 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Franklyspeakin: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2021
The family is also un serious full stop. Okay how do they know he didn't give her a phone??
Have they gone to see her?? See family is family we all should learn that. If Mohammad refuses to go to the mountain, the mountain should go to Mohammad. If they buy yam and plantain carry or send family members nearby to check on her and give her, then you can start from there to know if she is being beaten or maltreated. The fact that op is steal thinking of treating the mans fuvk up says a lot about the family and the fact that they still haven't moved on. Everything is not gragra
King2305:
[[s]quote author=Franklyspeakin post=106595817]My own sef is the angle u are coming from. Are u sure its not financial gains you people want from your sis?? Because a right thinking family would have been more interested in knowing if she is fine... That is pay a visit to see her, talk to ker and know if she is OK then probably remind her that her parents are worried about her. Which one is her presence is greatly needed?? Do you even know if your sister is still alive?? When last did you see her with your eyes?? See talk ooo. Go and check on her abeg. It could even be shame thats stopping her from coming back. Shame of you guys laughing at her. Go and show love to her before you start giving her responsibilities.

A family that can't find money to go and see their sister/daughter to be certain she is fine, to know if she is alive, to know if she is sane, but is more interested in her being present most definitely to pick up some responsibilities or to help look after the aged parents who killed her dreams and still didnt show her love when she needed it the most says a lot to buttress my point. See because a man is a deportee dosent mean he wont be able to stand on his feet and cater for his family. afterall they have been surviving all this years. Even the man knows he has un serious inlaws so he can take them for granted. Imagine if the girls family where more involved and concerned with their number one priority being the well being of their daughter, they won't have been complaining of losing their daughter.The annoying part is the dad is still ashamed of her and is yet to come to terms with reality as he continues to lie about the well being of his daughter. How will he make heaven sef If he dies and does he think his village people don't already know something is up as to no bride price collected yet she is married.?
My brother Hustle oooo make them no use you or your family do yeye[/s]

guy, do you even know what it means for a family to watch there only daughter being led away by a man. I can't even imaging what d old MAN is passing through right now not to mention d MOTHER. 99% of the the time, any man that isolates a girl from his family severely maltreats them. The evidence is clear. How can u not give someones daughter u claimed go love with ur life ordinary phone to communicate wit his family. THAT IS PURE WICKEDNESS FROM PIT OF HELL. To the writer, my prayers are with ur family
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Levels1(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2021
sleek82:

There is nothing diabolical here, two adults had sex and got pregnant...your dad arrested the guy and beat the girl. What if she truly love the guy? Because he was deported from Germany doesn't make him useless or hopeless but from all you wrote here, you and your family had already written the guy off (this is enough reason for the girl to stay away from you guys). That you are still thinking of treating the guy's f*ck up tells me you have not learnt anything yet. Show your sister love and support, she will return

You are such a sincere Man. You spoke the truth and that is just how it was.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Levels1(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
The family is also un serious full stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by sisisioge: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2021
NPTJ:
My dad did kicked against that to be sincere. But the distance was much. Moreso, my mum said what if there was money to process her admission then, would she still remain under my parents roof or something

Thanks for your input

Thank you....I wish you good luck.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2021
TWoods:

And? How is that your problem? She's a grown woman who has a right to live her life as she pleases. This is one of the major reasons Nigerian families fragment once the kids are old enough to leave the home. No love, no care, just rules, anger, and demands.
It's my problem because that isn't how my dad got married to my mum. It's my problem because same blood flows through our vains. Its my problem because that's the only sister we had and we never wish even our enemy to live such a life

She was loved from day one of her life according to my parents

She went astray ever since she left home to go stay with the granny due to the distance to her work place. Even at that my dad wasn't please with that decision to go stay with his mum claiming the woman is old and won't be able to look after her or something

But what would the poor man do, when he wasn't favour financially

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 10, 2021
NPTJ:
Please kindly pinpoint where we are begging her to come shoulder our family responsibility?

Or you meant where i said when she lost her immediate younger brother and grandparents she never showed up? Please how is that a yardstick to claimed we are bestowing it on her to shoulder our family responsibility?

Please where did i affirmed that I'm going to beat the man up?

Thanks anyway for your input
That you wrote that crap means you arent thinking right. Did I even write you were going to beat him? You cannot cos the guy will brush you. Trust me. I know. But it's what it is in you cos you mentioned it stylishly. B
Also, you wrote your papa beat the man up. Listen, she is just your sister, and not responsible for you. Get it into your head. Go and hustle. When you make it, she will be the one who will come look for you. You are shameless for even talking about bribe price. Are you OK at all? What's your business? Let her leave her life. If she makes mistake, she will learn from it and feal with. You still get hand to type rubbish. Right? You better give yourself brain.

Listen, she ran away from your papa, from your mama, from you, and from your siblings cos you all used her roughly. I pity your mama as she is the one who is suffering it. Can you cook? Wetin you dey do for house? Oga, go hustle. Stop ranting here. When she realises you have made it, she will reconnect with you. If you love her genuinely, give her space to breath and let her live her life.

If you are worried she disgraced your parents you are guys. Make it big and go pay millions for your bribes. Paint the whole city with your pictures. Show your sister say she don arrive. She will return and apologize. So, go hustle. This is the solution to your rants. Make money. If you like go do rituals, oga, you go meet am there..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Glycolite: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Your sister is a grown-up woman. Let her live her life the way she wants. Move on.

What you typed is so rubbish...and disgusting !

I pray the same fate befalls you ,either your children or your own siblings,so you can feel how easy it's to move on from your blood in situation like that.
If you can't proffer reasonable solution(s) ,you shut the fvck up !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
The family is also un serious full stop. Okay how do they know he didn't give her a phone??
Have they gone to see her?? See family is family we all should learn that. If Mohammad refuses to go to the mountain, the mountain should go to Mohammad. If they buy yam and plantain carry or send family members nearby to check on her and give her, then you can start from there to know if she is being beaten or maltreated.
She did confirmed it that she doesn't have a phone. The man as well confirmed it himself. My mum late younger brother bought a phone for her when she was still living in Lagos. Ever since they moved to pourtharcourt she stopped using phone

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by galantjoe(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2021
It is your dad that cause all these brouhaha. Why on earth he got his potential inlaws arrested for impregnating adult child. Not satisfied he beat his daughter mercilessly when she was still pregnant.

Your dad made big mistakes and you people are reaping the fruit of his mistake.

My advice, let your dad, summon your sister and her husband and tender his sincere apology to them. With I hope she will turn a new leaf
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by numericalguy(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2021
NPTJ,

Look here NPTJ, let me give you a very valuable advice.

Don't try to attack the man. If you are lucky, you will only get arrested for assault because if he should die from your attack, you would be arrested for murder.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Franklyspeakin: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2021
My Gee go and find out first if she is still living. Come at her with compassion if your a Christian/Moslem you can add prayer. But go and show her you still love her as a sister then you can win her over. Has your family forgiven her?
NPTJ:
She did confirmed it that she doesn't have a phone. The man as well confirmed it himself. My mum late younger brother bought a phone for her when she was still living in Lagos. Ever since they moved to pourtharcourt she stopped using phone

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by od501: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You said your Dad "beat the hell out of her" after she got pregnant. That was a wrong move on his part. She needed your family during that time. That was the time for y'all to talk some sense into her and keep her away from him, especially seeing he hadn't paid her bride price or married her, or inform y'all of his plans for her, if any. Your Dad beating her propelled her into the man's hands even further. She lacked the love she needed at home, found it in him and ran towards him with it, however toxic and abusive he himself may be.

Let me guess, they should give her a pat on the back. Or better still give her am award for being am Olosho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Efewestern: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2021
NPTJ:
please do you mind elucidating how our parents failed her?

Your input also implies that all poor parents failed their wards and as such they can't get a good life for themselves in a legal means?

Moreso, you meant our parents also failed the rest of us because they couldn't see us through school to the brim?

Maybe you should tell me what i don't know then

Ignore some of these posters, some came are just privileged, so they are barely in touch with reality. YOUR parents tried and I applaud them for that.

As for your sister, can't you trace the man's family or where he resides in PH? I would suggest you forget her for the now and look for ways to improve on yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spherical77(m): 8:02am On Oct 10, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

That you wrote that crap means you arent thinking right. Did I even write you were going to beat him? You cannot cos the guy will brush you. Trust me. I know. But it's what it is in you cos you mentioned it stylishly. B
Also, you wrote your papa beat the man up. Listen, she is just your sister, and not responsible for you. Get it into your head. Go and hustle. When you make it, she will be the one who will come look for you. You are shameless for even talking about bribe price. Are you OK at all? What's your business? Let her leave her life. If she makes mistake, she will learn from it and feal with. You still get hand to type rubbish. Right? You better give yourself brain.

Listen, she ran away from your papa, from your mama, from you, and from your siblings cos you all used her roughly. I pity your mama as she is the one who is suffering it. Can you cook? Wetin you dey do for house? Oga, go hustle. Stop ranting here. When she realises you have made it, she will reconnect with you. If you love her genuinely, give her space to breath and let her live her life.

If you are worried she disgraced your parents you are guys. Make it big and go pay millions for your bribes. Paint the whole city with your pictures. Show your sister say she don arrive. She will return and apologize. So, go hustle. This is the solution to your rants. Make money. If you like go do rituals, oga, you go meet am there..
You are a shameless he GOAT for putting up these rubbish. I wonder why Op is even replying you with this your empty skull wink

Funny enough, you will think you have said something but it's quite unfortunate you are a failure

Naso una go busy write rubbish for exam hall with the hope of coming out in flying colour

The Op, siblings and family had the right to deal with the man ruthlessly

You see how dumb you are, you claimed the man will mend a young chap full of energy with his other brothers. You be mad man that i know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Lokojatoofar: 8:02am On Oct 10, 2021
NPTJ:
Thanks for your advice sir

You all shouldnt go at once the first time. One or two people would do. Just go, look around, dont give drama. Best is to go when the man is not arround. Dont try to talk her into returning because her man has not paid her bride price or because you notice they are struggling financially at home but of course let her know she is missed by everyone.
So to begin with, locate where she lives or works then visit her.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2021
Glycolite:

I pray the same fate befalls you ,either your children or your own siblings,so you can feel how easy it's to move on from your blood in situation like that.

I keep wondering why a lot of you people derive joy in cursing. How can you use prayer and cursing in the same way?

No man can curse or pray someone punishment.

By the way, the woman was not dragged or kidnapped by the man. She chose to leave after her parents found she was pregnant and beaten by her family.

She was not beaten in the man's house. It was in her family house and most likely kicked out.

So what are you cursing and feeling good about it.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by nuelyoyo(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2021
Money is really a defense. Lack of money is the reason for all this.

If there was money she wouldn't have lost the admission, if she didn't loose the admission, she would have been occupied with her studies, she wouldn't have gone to work, she wouldn't have met the inconsiderate man. Even if she met him, she wouldn't have fallen for him.

Very pathetic story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by od501: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2021
galantjoe:
It is your dad that cause all these brouhaha. Why on earth he got his potential inlaws arrested for impregnating adult child. Not satisfied he beat his daughter mercilessly when she was still pregnant.

My advice, let your dad, summon your sister and her husband and tender his sincere apology to them. With I hope she will turn a new leaf

Did you just say that? Chai...what's happening to this modern generation?!

You eloped with a man's daughter without paying a dime, and you are expecting an apology from the same man? The same victim.

I don't know about this family, but where I come from, that man will be considered dead should something happens to the girl in question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by dingbang(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2021
Her life.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Glycolite: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I keep wondering why a lot of you people derive joy in cursing. How can you use prayer and cursing in the same way?

No man can curse or pray someone punishment.

By the way, the woman was not dragged or kidnapped by the man. She chose to leave after her parents found she was pregnant and beaten by her family.

She was not beaten in the man's house. It was in her family house and most likely kicked out.

So what are you cursing and feeling good about it.

Just shut the fvck up ! undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2021
Glycolite:

After typing all this, I am yet to see you proffer anything at all. Are you ready to marry the woman with a baby?

Is her family ready to take her back with the baby? Remember they have family issues.

Does the family have someone that will marry her with the baby?

The only solution is to support her one way or the other. She chose the man, decided to keep the baby, and chose to leave town with him. She was not kidnapped.

So all your praying for evil to befall another person just shows your mindset.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by King2305: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2021
Any man could have done what d father did by beating her daughter. This things are common in unwanted pregnancy. Lets not come here and pretend as if its a new thing. PS: am not justifying d mans action

POINTS YOU SHOULD DECIPHER WITHOUT THE WRITER TELLING YOU

1. Before any father beats his daughter, its a clear evidence she got impregnated by an irresponsible and a useless someone

2. The irresponsible man proved his irresponsibility by running away with somebody daughter

3. 99% sure the man maltreats her bcuz he knows she has no one to call when issues arises

4. The irresponsible man is POOR

5. even if u impregnate my daughter, traditionally speaking she is not ur wife until u perform all d necessary traditional marriage rights

6. I suspect JUJU at work here.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08am On Oct 10, 2021
Glycolite:

Just shut the fvck up ! undecided

I can read your attitude and will cease engaging you in aa discussion.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by od501: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Mtchewwww...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
My Gee go and find out first if she is still living. Come at her with compassion if your a Christian/Moslem you can add prayer. But go and show her you still love her as a sister then you can win her over. Has your family forgiven her?
we've forgiven her long time ago that she knows herself.

My dad initially kicked against her dicision moving to pourtharcourt with the man become of the way and manner he took his daughter and others

As if the old man forsee all these happening
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2021
od501:

Did you just say that? Chai...what's happening to this modern generation?!

You eloped with a man's daughter without paying a dime, and you are expecting an apology from the same man? The same victim.

I don't know about this family, but where I come from, tgat man will be held dead should something happens to the girl in question.

What you are missing is that the girl is a victim. The girl has heart and feelings. She did not intend to get pregnant but she found herself in the situation.

She did a good thing by not aborting the baby.

Unfortunately, a girl with a bright dream of being a lawyer got pregnant. Then beaten and possibly kicked out of the house.

Had her baby's father arrested by her family.

The girl is not a house pet but a human being too.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2021
numericalguy:
NPTJ,

Look here NPTJ, let me give you a very valuable advice.

Don't try to attack the man. If you are lucky, you will only get arrested for assault because if he should die from your attack, you would be arrested for murder.
No sir, we aren't planning violence whatsoever. Violence doesn't ressolve issues but aggravate it the more

Thanks for your advice
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2021
galantjoe:

LOL, my dad should tender an apology wink

Thanks for your input
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 10, 2021

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The OP has to tell us. From the look of things, she was still in their custody when she discovered she was pregnant. They knew she was pregnant. She did not hide it.

These are the things that need clarifications.

Did they propose for her to terminate the pregnancy and she refused? Did they chase her out?

She was with them and ended in the hands of the man. How did it happen? Did she run away?
We never cut her off

My dad propose she cut off with the man totally, have the child and move on with her life

But she insisted claiming she loved the msn, that the man would take her to abroad or something and my dad got angry to beat her up for her to be this foolish not to know that the man is deceiving her

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Jodera: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Your sister is a grown-up woman. Let her live her life the way she wants. Move on.
So you support one to just shut him/herself away from the it family just because he/she should live their life the way dey want?

How people think anyone is an island really baffles me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2021
ziondaughter247:
So you mean your parents and 4 able bodied men could not help your sister out in paying her school fees to study Law in a school like Unilag? Your sister seems like an intelligent and ambitious person and I just feel that your family contributed to killing the dreams of their only girl and making her what she is today. Your parents and family seemed very non-challant towards her education and she saw the handwriting on the wall that she will not receive any form of support from her family. Does your family have a bias against sending girls to school? She is the only girl and daughter and all of you failed her when she needed you the most. All this would have been prevented if she was in school.

She is probably still resentful and avoiding you all now. Hope it is not because of money you people now what to keep in touch with her?
She was the first child and the rest of us were much younger then. Only my parents can support her then financially but fortunately they got short of finances. My dad love female child even more than the male. She got carried away i guess. After all her friend whose parents were like ours never got pregnant at the wrong time. She went to school with the little support from her parents

The man deceived her and she did fell for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Where Is Your Wife? / Need An Affordable Smart TV's and Home Appliances, Check In Here / Marriage Has Failed Me!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.