Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

I'm Losing My Only Sister - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Losing My Only Sister (41924 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chibjohn(m): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

The only sister i and my other siblings had met a Man around 2008. He's from Imo state, a deportee from Germany who was in his late 40s when they met. My sister was just out of high school then and struggling to secure admission into any of the tertiary institutions. Luckily, she got admission to study law at Unilag after her second attempt. Sadly, there was no money to process the admission, she lost it. She was the first and only daughter of our parents. My parents were incapacitated financially to support her dream

My father never wanted her to work then, for guys not to take advantage of her or something. Having lost the admission, she insisted to work inorder to raise money for her studies. My dad got no option than to obliged

She met this man barely a year she started working. She was in her early 20s and full of dreams. Lest I forget, she was staying with our grand mother due to distance. This man got my sister pregnant and we got to hear about it. My dad got the man arrested and beat the hell out of my sister. He wept bitterly claiming this isn't the life he envisioned for his only daughter

He beseeched her and talk sense into her but she insisted, claiming she loved the man. This man was deported after spending almost half of his productive years outside the shores of Nigeria. He came back home with nothing and the next thing he could do was to got my sister pregnant claiming he loves her beyond words

My sister moved in with him and they started living together. We lost our grand parents (paternal and maternal) Yet, this man and my sister never stepped their foot in our house to commesorate. I lost my eldest brother, same thing happened. They never showed up. I was the 4th child of five children. Though, only four left now. She hardly call our parents nor we her siblings. To cap it all, my sister had stopped using phone ever since she moved to pourtharcourt with this man

This same man always attend his family function and very much into his family but isolated my sister away from her family. My sister never called throughout my days in the university just to know how I'm fairing, despite knowing our family condition. A very close friend of mine noticed this while in school and i did explained everything to him. He felt so bittered. He asserted the man might be diabolic, he's from the same town with the man in imo state

My parents are in their early/late 60s respectively and aging gradually. They couldn't felt the presence of their only daughter. Interestingly, family members got suspicious and they kept asking after her but my parents are bent on covering up, claiming she's fine. Yet, they goes to their closets to cry bitterly for the life of their daughter. I asked my dad why covering up, he claimed to have known his family pretty well, that they would do nothing

I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Any help, input or suggestions from anyone!
Your elder brother isn’t gainfully employed. 50k salary is trash.
Your family must have treated your sister and the man very badly that resulted to this. You people should find a way to win back their love.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by mipeesoft(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
The one he used get weight pass gun ooo
TheGoodJoe:

Did he use gun to take her from the house?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by joyandfaith: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

The only sister i and my other siblings had met a Man around 2008. He's from Imo state, a deportee from Germany who was in his late 40s when they met. My sister was just out of high school then and struggling to secure admission into any of the tertiary institutions. Luckily, she got admission to study law at Unilag after her second attempt. Sadly, there was no money to process the admission, she lost it. She was the first and only daughter of our parents. My parents were incapacitated financially to support her dream

My father never wanted her to work then, for guys not to take advantage of her or something. Having lost the admission, she insisted to work inorder to raise money for her studies. My dad got no option than to obliged

She met this man barely a year she started working. She was in her early 20s and full of dreams. Lest I forget, she was staying with our grand mother due to distance. This man got my sister pregnant and we got to hear about it. My dad got the man arrested and beat the hell out of my sister. He wept bitterly claiming this isn't the life he envisioned for his only daughter

He beseeched her and talk sense into her but she insisted, claiming she loved the man. This man was deported after spending almost half of his productive years outside the shores of Nigeria. He came back home with nothing and the next thing he could do was to got my sister pregnant claiming he loves her beyond words

My sister moved in with him and they started living together. We lost our grand parents (paternal and maternal) Yet, this man and my sister never stepped their foot in our house to commesorate. I lost my eldest brother, same thing happened. They never showed up. I was the 4th child of five children. Though, only four left now. She hardly call our parents nor we her siblings. To cap it all, my sister had stopped using phone ever since she moved to pourtharcourt with this man

This same man always attend his family function and very much into his family but isolated my sister away from her family. My sister never called throughout my days in the university just to know how I'm fairing, despite knowing our family condition. A very close friend of mine noticed this while in school and i did explained everything to him. He felt so bittered. He asserted the man might be diabolic, he's from the same town with the man in imo state

My parents are in their early/late 60s respectively and aging gradually. They couldn't felt the presence of their only daughter. Interestingly, family members got suspicious and they kept asking after her but my parents are bent on covering up, claiming she's fine. Yet, they goes to their closets to cry bitterly for the life of their daughter. I asked my dad why covering up, he claimed to have known his family pretty well, that they would do nothing

I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Lessons
1. Girls can't struggle financially in schools. It is better for them to learn some trade after secondary school. I mean girls from poor homes.
2. Girls need love and attention. If parents and male siblings refuse to show them love and affection, predators will get them.
3. Pregnancy. It is very wrong for parents to beat children of legal age for getting pregnancy. Such children need to be listened to.
4. Find her. Help her. Family members need themselves in difficult time. There are many ways to find lost sheep. There are many ways to help black sheep in a family. Love and disciple.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Silentgroper(m): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Wow. Emotional and psychological abuse comes to mind.
Shut up.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by jaxxy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

Seems u all forget ur sister is an adult and u can only advise her not beat her up and lockup her man even if he’s not the billionaire u all expect. He said he loves ur sister u should have heard them out and guide them in the proper direction. They are not kids u Controls anyhow and what’s happening now is ur sister and her man resent ur family for ur previous actions.

Is this man the best for sister No bt that’s not how to dissuade her from him either. It’s not like he kidnapped her? undecided

Now u are still looking for how to prepare for war rather than truce? What is wrong with u guys and ur high moral standards bt poor/low reasoning to issues?? undecided undecided

Now u lot have convinced urself that this man has jazzed ur sister. Lol with no single proof??

U lot forget that the fact she’s ur only sister doesn’t mean she doesn’t know what she wants or can’t change what she wants if necessary? undecided

People relate with u based on how U treat them and the energy u give them. Ur energy is Controlling and almost toxic. And they are avoiding u. Now Ure crying.

I may be wrong about the man and my analysis of events bt there are clear areas u were all wrong in handling the situation that cud have only made things worse. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
mipeesoft:
The one he used get weight pass gun ooo

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
chibjohn:

Your elder brother isn’t gainfully employed. 50k salary is trash.
Your family must have treated your sister and the man very badly that resulted to this. You people should find a way to win back their love.
Thanks for your input
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
jaxxy:

Seems u all forget ur sister is an adult and u can only advise her not beat her up and lockup her man even if he’s not the billionaire u all expect. He said he loves ur sister u should have heard them out and guide them in the proper direction. They are not kids u Controls anyhow and what’s happening now is ur sister and her man resent ur family for ur previous actions.

Is this man the best for sister No bt that’s not how to dissuade her from him either. It’s not like he kidnapped her? undecided

Now u are still looking for how to prepare for war rather than truce? What is wrong with u guys and ur high moral standards bt poor reasoning to issues?? undecided undecided
we've never consider going for war. It was just a mere suggestion. That doesn't mean we'd stick to it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
trevorhorace:

I'm sorry about what you all must be going through. Not knowing the whereabouts of your sister can be traumatizing.

I suggest you all forget all previous grudges and find a way to first meet with her and know how's she's fairing first and foremost.

She might be in danger for all we know.

I suggest the most logical and emotionally mature of you all should go first.. so as not escalate things. That should be one of you or your brother. Your parents may not be able to handle it well.

Your main goal is to get to know the safety of her and the kids. And dialogue with her on how she can be reunited with the family.

Thanks for your advice sir
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by UltimateStarman: 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

your sister will be saved
tell the man to repent

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by princewarri1985: 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
you and your parents is the problem here, why arrest the man for getting your sister?, they are both adult and not kids so you all should leave them alone and focus on your lives, they are both running from you and your parents because they refused to accept them the first time
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chukwuibuipob: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
sad I Dey find the one Pa righteousness2 Dey Pastor.iveantbreachvt
Iyaebe:
My church is a living church and we have our own special way of conducting deliverance, let him locate any of our branch
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
Your family needs empowerment inorder to make things work out. You guys are still struggling and your parents ain't financially boyance

I pray you get an helper who would help you guys just to make things right

That man is a bad man, imagine if all men are like that. Are they not feeding? That man needs to be lashed with words to reset his stupid head

For the fact that she was from a poor home isn't an excuse for all these

This is too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
You people drove her away and now you're looking for whom to blame.

Similar thing happened to my only sister, she was alienated by my mother and eldest brother meanwhile she was going through hell. i wasn't around during those years, when I came back, I had a dream that she died, I called my mother and spoke sense into her.

She started crying that I was accusing her of trying to kill her only daughter who was the one that elloped with a jobless old man. I made her see reasons why she should reach out to her. She did, and , today the man is still a jobless man who hasn't been able to pay even bride price after 4 children but, my sister is alive and we are involved in her life.

Sometime, in life, we have to lower our expectations of people, and accept the unacceptable, for life to go on. This life is only one. You people should reach out to your sister and be involved in her life to avoid had we known.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by dapolaw(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
It's obvious they are not happy with you guys, your sister is not under any spell.... You people should show her more love and also accept the fact that she has chosen her path and there is nothing you can do about that. You also need to accept the man as well, he's now a part of her.

Show the man some respect, accept him as your in-law and I can assure you, you will see your sister coming back to you.

NPTJ:
Several times. Through the husband phone since she doesn't have her own phone. But most times, the man is not always around to speak with her. We'd have to wait till he get back home and she doesn't give us any sign of she's not fine
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by SonofGod231: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Those friends too were bothered believing that man is behind all these. But my parents are too ashamed to speak out to them. My dad still talk to her through the man's phone three days ago to know what is wrong with her. My dad spoke with the man and he keeps giving flimsy excuses about the bigger amount he pays for his children school fees and others. My dad asked him was that the reason you couldn't get your wife even a small touch light phone so she can reach her family? Was that the reason why you eloped with her and she never come to visit her family not even when her brother and grandparents died? He was just dumbfounded and keep saying he's sorry
OP,I totally understand how you feel.
You guys probably had so much hope and believe in your sister but this is happening.
You guys should Face reality and start affiliating with the man ooo, beg him to come and just do the needful.
You are saying she already has children not just one pregnancy like you started with.All these gragra won't help.
You know the reality of things accept it let's move on.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
hybrid11:
Do you know if she's still alive ??
Is he beating her?
You and your family people including your uncle should trace where they live and pay a visit to them.. Things might not be as it seems
When they were still living in Lagos before relocating to pourtharcourt, their neighbour told my mum the man had once beaten her in the house that she had to got the man scolded up
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by cardoctor(m): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
Theres only one side to this story.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by InvertedHammer: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house ...

/
Are you expecting cordial relationship with them after the bolded encounter? You can trace them and find out what's going on with them.

/
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Cassetteman: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
chatinent:
Ok.

Allow experience teach her about life. She will understand that the first mistake was having premarital sex, then moving in with the man.

Focus on your life bro. Make your parents happy.
no body above mistakes
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Ayo081(m): 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
cheesy
wunmi590:

Where is Chatinent when you need him most
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by SonofGod231: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
NigeriaIsGreat:
When they were still living in Lagos before relocating to pourtharcourt, their neighbour told my mum the man had once beaten her in the house that she had to got the man scolded up
Hope no be my mad neighbor for Agrip estate,wey dey always find fuel to burn the wife and children alive?
Because this story be as e get.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You said your Dad "beat the hell out of her" after she got pregnant. That was a wrong move on his part. She needed your family during that time. That was the time for y'all to talk some sense into her and keep her away from him, especially seeing he hadn't paid her bride price or married her, or inform y'all of his plans for her, if any. Your Dad beating her propelled her into the man's hands even further. She lacked the love she needed at home, found it in him and ran towards him with it, however toxic and abusive he himself may be.

My dad never expected her to fall such victim. I guess he was really angry. That was her first relationship too according to her which probably makes it impossible for my dad to convince her or something.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

We are on the same sea, bro. But your's must be a submarine while mine is a steamboat…
4th out of 5th, you should watch and pray, try focus small on your goals and do not listen to ideas of abandoning someone. It is because you believe in and understand the value of your sibling that's why you're all making efforts. So don't give up.
However, I think it's better for the family to restate the position on its dreams for her; that she's important and all that but watch out! Some people just feel better seeing you in anguish (perhaps for misdeeds) so:

1) They deliberately shun your efforts at reconciliation, even if it will lead to something good (like "una neva start"wink.

2) Again, they may really want to reconcile but something or someone is holding them back. When someone has a double mind it becomes difficult to return to normal either because of misguided pride or the shame of being seen as the one begging for forgiveness.

Oh, one thing more. If possible, the alleged "illegal" groom should be in the picture. If he's valuable to her then ditching him may not be good for business.

I leave you in one piece (recommended).

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Pallaz(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
It's very easy for IMO girls to leave their homes without pride prize..... I can't imagine my Anambra sisters doing thin like this..... Your sister is a slave to that man.. Because the man has getting her born children for him and he been using it against her,,, like if you visit this your family again, make sure u stay there or no count me as your husband again

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Cassetteman: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
To be sincere with you,both u and ur family are slow to actions especially u the sister how can u claim u love ur sis so much and yet u stayed many years without hearing from her well my advice is this go and check on her with peace and not with violence
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Ayo081(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Those friends too were bothered believing that man is behind all these. But my parents are too ashamed to speak out to them. My dad still talk to her through the man's phone three days ago to know what is wrong with her. My dad spoke with the man and he keeps giving flimsy excuses about the bigger amount he pays for his children school fees and others. My dad asked him was that the reason you couldn't get your wife even a small touch light phone so she can reach her family? Was that the reason why you eloped with her and she never come to visit her family not even when her brother and grandparents died? He was just dumbfounded and keep saying he's sorry

Very sad story.

Why not hustle like 5k - 10k in 2-3 months then send to them so she could get a phone.

Let them know you guys just want to be able to get in touch.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ayo081:

Very sad story.

Why not hustle like 5k - 10k in 2-3 months then send to them so she could get a phone.

Let them know you guys just want to be able to get in touch.
Yes I'm hopeful and looking forward to get something doing inorder to contribute and get her a phone

But sincerely, the man is responsible for all these

He's using a smart phone and his wife is using nothing. Not even a touch light phone
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by rickyrex(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
You will not lose your sister.. neither will I say she's fine wherever she is. Igbos proverb says make use of the day light to look for your lost black goat not at night. What if something happen to your sister where she is and the and abscond ... Mind you, you don't know if she stays in porthacourt untill you go there and confirm for yourself. Secondly, the man and your sister might also be afraid what you guys will do to them should they show up, thirdly, how much will it cost any of you to transport to ph... From Lagos to porthacourt am sure will not cost you up to 10k. You or your elder one should go with your dad to see her. That's what I can comment
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Pallaz:
It's very easy for IMO girls to leave their homes without pride prize..... I can't imagine my Anambra sisters doing thin like this..... Your sister is a slave to that man.. Because the man has getting her born children for him and he been using it against her,,, like if you visit this your family again, make sure u stay there or no count me as your husband again
Exactly what my mum said.. She was just his sacrificial lamb. Funny enough we ain't from the east. We are Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
rickyrex:
You will not lose your sister.. neither will I say she's fine wherever she is. Igbos proverb says make use of the day light to look for your lost black goat not at night. What if something happen to your sister where she is and the and abscond ... Mind you, you don't know if she stays in porthacourt untill you go there and confirm for yourself. Secondly, the man and your sister might also be afraid what you guys will do to them should they show up, thirdly, how much will it cost any of you to transport to ph... From Lagos to porthacourt am sure will not cost you up to 10k. You or your elder one should go with your dad to see her. That's what I can comment
They have been in Lagos for few years and we did nothing to them.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by medriano: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
This is painful. You and your elder brother should by all means find out exactly where she lives. When you’ve done that, your siblings and parents go over there and see your sister.
Let them find out why she decided to stay away from her family. Your dad beating her when she got pregnant is no crime. your dad was disappointed and I don’t blame him at all.
If you attend a good church, speak to your pastor and let them know what’s going on.
Go into serious prayers. If he used diabolical means, it’d definitely expire. Don’t give up on your sister, you’d be shocked to find out she’s suffering and facing all manner of abuses.
God will intervene, trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK

Viewing this topic: Ganjababe and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.