Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

I'm Losing My Only Sister - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Losing My Only Sister (41929 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by FactBoyz: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Think9ja(m): 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
kiss
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by flokii: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
The Imo man has a domineering nature.. it's in most of them from that part. They always want to turn you against your family but will want you to accept theirs.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
Have a family meeting and find out how to contact the husband.

Seems your sister is bitter about something that happened in the past while still with your family.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Munzy14(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
That man is diabolical, he has hypnotized your sister to make up for his wasted years.Look for Christ embassy church around you for true deliverance for your sister.shalom
Lmao...add rccg join.

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Didi2d(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
You guys should find a way to locate your Sister, at least to know how she's faring.

She might be going through hell right now. But due to the way and manner she left she might find it hard to let you guys know. Probably cause of shame.

Your family should check on your sister ASAP

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by fergieboy: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
Reason why al my kids go be males
Cox women are easily deceived

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by ogododo: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
Good morning house

The only sister i and my other siblings had met a Man around 2008. He's from Imo state, a deportee from Germany who was in his late 40s when they met. My sister was just out of high school then and struggling to secure admission into any of the tertiary institutions. Luckily, she got admission to study law at Unilag after her second attempt. Sadly, there was no money to process the admission, she lost it. She was the first and only daughter of our parents. My parents were incapacitated financially to support her dream

My father never wanted her to work then, for guys not to take advantage of her or something. Having lost the admission, she insisted to work inorder to raise money for her studies. My dad got no option than to obliged

She met this man barely a year she started working. She was in her early 20s and full of dreams. Lest I forget, she was staying with our grand mother due to distance. This man got my sister pregnant and we got to hear about it. My dad got the man arrested and beat the hell out of my sister. He wept bitterly claiming this isn't the life he envisioned for his only daughter

He beseeched her and talk sense into her but she insisted, claiming she loved the man. This man was deported after spending almost half of his productive years outside the shores of Nigeria. He came back home with nothing and the next thing he could do was to got my sister pregnant claiming he loves her beyond words

My sister moved in with him and they started living together. We lost our grand parents (paternal and maternal) Yet, this man and my sister never stepped their foot in our house to commesorate. I lost my eldest brother, same thing happened. They never showed up. I was the 4th child of five children. Though, only four left now. She hardly call our parents nor we her siblings. To cap it all, my sister had stopped using phone ever since she moved to pourtharcourt with this man

This same man always attend his family function and very much into his family but isolated my sister away from her family. My sister never called throughout my days in the university just to know how I'm fairing, despite knowing our family condition. A very close friend of mine noticed this while in school and i did explained everything to him. He felt so bittered. He asserted the man might be diabolic, he's from the same town with the man in imo state

My parents are in their early/late 60s respectively and aging gradually. They couldn't felt the presence of their only daughter. Interestingly, family members got suspicious and they kept asking after her but my parents are bent on covering up, claiming she's fine. Yet, they goes to their closets to cry bitterly for the life of their daughter. I asked my dad why covering up, he claimed to have known his family pretty well, that they would do nothing

I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Any help, input or suggestions from anyone!

Which part for P/H de man dey. Atleast your sister dey alive, get kids. God go lift your family from level you dey now. Your sister go dey alright, she no go come because of children wey she don born.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Think9ja(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You said your Dad "beat the hell out of her" after she got pregnant. That was a wrong move on his part. She needed your family during that time. That was the time for y'all to talk some sense into her and keep her away from him, especially seeing he hadn't paid her bride price or married her, or inform y'all of his plans for her, if any. Your Dad beating her propelled her into the man's hands even further. She lacked the love she needed at home, found it in him and ran towards him with it, however toxic and abusive he himself may be.

I was patiently scrolling down to see rubbish like this. This is the normal stale excuse useless female children give. So, so, unfortunate that we still have girls that think like this in 2021. So unfortunate!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by NPTJ(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Acidosis:

Okay. Since she hasn't bothered to call, have you guys made any attempt to speak with her through friends, at least to know her living conditions/wellbeing? That call or visit is necessary and it's important to make it about her, not you or your family. Let her know that you and the entire family care about her. Maybe she's going through a lot or too ashamed to speak? You never can tell until you have that conversation.
Those friends too were bothered believing that man is behind all these. But my parents are too ashamed to speak out to them. My dad still talk to her through the man's phone three days ago to know what is wrong with her. My dad spoke with the man and he keeps giving flimsy excuses about the bigger amount he pays for his children school fees and others. My dad asked him was that the reason you couldn't get your wife even a small touch light phone so she can reach her family? Was that the reason why you eloped with her and she never come to visit her family not even when her brother and grandparents died? He was just dumbfounded and keep saying he's sorry

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Munzy14(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
My church is a living church and we have our own special way of conducting deliverance, let him locate any of our branch
Your church is a living church, so others are dead?..smh...Africans and Religious segregation...

7 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by drennie(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Your father knows he is not financially stable to fund her education yet he deprive her from working to raise the needed money to sponsor her education.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Rexymania(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Is she still alive? This scares me. Well your sister needs dirty slap if she's still alive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spanishmilf(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
[quote author=InTheCloudySky post=106596026]You said your Dad "beat the hell out of her" after she got pregnant. That was a wrong move on his part. She needed your family during that time. That was the time for y'all to talk some sense into her and keep her away from him, especially seeing he hadn't paid her bride price or married her, or inform y'all of his plans for her, if any. Your Dad beating her propelled her into the man's hands even further. She lacked the love she needed at home, found it in him and ran towards him with it, however toxic and abusive he himself may be. Did you reah the whole story or you are eager to comment?
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Miarose: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
He was too old, too exposed for your sister. Soo sad for her

5 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
NPTJ:
I'm just a young graduate, still job haunting. While my elder brother is gainfully employed with 50k as his monthly take home. He's being supportive with day to day running of the house and that of our last born studies. A friend suggested myself and elder brother with any of our uncle should go and treat the man's fvckup for eloping with someone's daughter without paying her bride price nor any other marital rite. I told him that isn't feasible for now due to our poor finances.

Nonetheless, we can't continue folding our hands and watch this man get away with this. She is the only daughter of our parents. Her presence is highly needed in their life, especially my mother

Please what can we do to make things work for my family back? I can't imagine having a sister who's more like a living dead

Any help, input or suggestions from anyone!
Your entire family is barely managing still and you are trying to chase down your sister why? So she can come provide you support where she probably has none of her own or so you can simply say she calls you? undecided

5 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spanishmilf(m): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
Acidosis:
She moved in with the love of her life because your dad handled the issue carelessly.

You can't order the maltreatment of your sister's 40 year old man and expect her to respect or remember y'all. Remember that your sister now has children. She's a grown woman now and a mother with family responsibilities.

You guys have to locate that family and make amends. Your parents must have done terrible things to that man beyond what you mentioned here.
Did you read the whole story
They are not 100% sure of their sister living condition
Wether she is ok or the husband is maltreating her
Read the part where he said her husband was deported with nothing in his hand
Don’t you get it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by SonofGod231: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
If I can relate to this...The guy was a cultist before leaving Nigeria.
Met your sister on social media,has all her naked and nude videos.
Probably,told her he has houses all over Lagos and other parts of Nigeria.
He finally,came back with nothing,did a little washy washy for your sister and deposited a million troops into her open Vijay before she could realize herself she's stocked. Pregnant for a nobody, secondary school drop out,ex cultist and a con man with nothing to offer.
Your sister probably told you guys about this same man prior to she getting pregnant for him but after you and your dad realized the guy scammed everybody,enjoyed your sister for free,ona arrest and arrasss this guy forgetting he was once street and has every tool he needs to manipulate your sis.
Make ona take am easy oooo.
Las las na your sister eyes don clear.
If ona no find way go carry ona sister from that man so,before December na three children she go don drop there ooo
By then na beg ona go dey beg the man to find money cum do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Bloomfrancs5(m): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
Buy your mtn data for as low as
300 = 1gb
600 = 2gb
900 = 3gb
1200 = 4gb
1400 = 5gb

Valid for 30 days!
Call/whatsapp: 0 8 1 6 2 5 8 9 8 7 1
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by ZooOga: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Op, your sister belongs to the game. She checked out of your family a while ago and is a disrespectful and rebellious soul. Leave her be, her presence would not be beneficial to your mom.
Just pray for her and send good thoughts her way if you feel so.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by BRATISLAVA: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Wow. Emotional and psychological abuse comes to mind.

That man acts like one old man that frequently creates threads about women on the forum.

The divide and conquer narcissist. Once isolated, she's his plaything. He's drastically older than the sister. Control old man.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spanishmilf(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
My own sef is the angle u are coming from. Are u sure its not financial gains you people want from your sis?? Because a right thinking family would have been more interested in knowing if she is fine... That is pay a visit to see her, talk to ker and know if she is OK then probably remind her that her parents are worried about her. Which one is her presence is greatly needed?? Do you even know if your sister is still alive?? When last did you see her with your eyes?? See talk ooo. Go and check on her abeg. It could even be shame thats stopping her from coming back. Shame of you guys laughing at her. Go and show love to her before you start giving her responsibilities.
Financial gains??
Did you skip the part where he said the man was deported with nothing in his hand?
They don’t even know the sis condition atm
Make una dey calm down read before dropping opinion shaa

5 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
I really hope your sister is fine
and mr doctor/nurse TREATING the manz cfuk up is nat the solution
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by sylve11: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
First of all, I thought some you guys claimed igbo don't do credit marriage and you guys don't born out of wedlock? undecided

Well, it's obvious that all have sinned....

Back to the topic. Try to trace where your sister lives with this man, have a word with her. Also inform her on how her actions are affecting your aged parents.

The man is acting this way because of how your dad treated him when he got your sister pregnant.

Good luck to you as you try to unite your family. cool

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chatinent: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
wunmi590:

Where is Chatinent when you need him most

Sorry boss, I was in traffic hawking my products. You know tomorrow is Sunday.
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spanishmilf(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your entire family is barely managing still and you are trying to chase down your sister why? So she can come provide you support where she probably has none of her own or so you can simply say she calls you? undecided
bro please read before you comment
Don’t showcase your stupidity on a open forum just scroll and pass cry

9 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chukwuibuipob: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
sad A useless kidnapper sad. Probably reason why dey tossed his hairy Ballz sac back to Nig sad Hope the Pig isn't not one of those bandits sad /IPOB Terrorists sad.I think he don use jazz/otumophor on the poor girl.Find some
ESN to Storm his house sad and rescue the poor girl

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Spanishmilf(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mehn coming to Nairaland for solution to your problem is not it at all
Different foolish take
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by chatinent: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iya ebe:
That man is diabolical, he has hypnotized your sister to make up for his wasted years.Look for Christ embassy church around you for true deliverance for your sister.shalom

Na wa o
Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Karleb(m): 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Firstly, you can't be gainfully employed on a N50k salary.

Lastly, the man didn't elope with your sister. Your sister eloped with him. Your sister is a grown up, she doesn't want you guys anymore that's why she has chosen to forget about you all. Respect that decision and move on with your life.

As a man, you should learn to let go.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by BRATISLAVA: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Follak:
Forget about the man not paying bride price now.Everybody including your parents should start calling your sister through her husband's phone,visit her often,contact her old friends and let them visit her,invite her to family functions through her husband,infact infact both of them.You guys should force yourself into her life.Don't complain now.Win her back and gradually get her out of there or make the man marry her properly

And you think she and the man didn't agree to cut off her family?

For better or worse, whether she's suffering and he's beating the daylights out of her, it's what she wants. She left with the man 13 years ago. If she were tired she would've returned. He should accept their elopement. A girl in her earlly twenties and a man in his late 40s.

OP should leave them be before they think he's after their money.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Only Sister by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Iyaebe:
That man is diabolical, he has hypnotized your sister to make up for his wasted years .Look for Christ embassy church around you for true deliverance for your sister.shalom
How do you know if the OP is not just regurgitating lies he has himself been fed by others? undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.