Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven (54620 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by bosman50(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2021
LibertyRep:

Now that the laws broken have been identified, can we now insist that they be dragged to court?
Isn't that how to build an egalitarian society when we insist that perceived offenders have their days in court and not just on the pages of newspaper.

This is Nigeria bro.... where nothing works. Lets blame the system/structures.
Those mentioned in european countries are being investigated .
I think we are doomed as a nation

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by jaxxy(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:
Why is this nonsense always coming up before every election

From panama to Pandora

Who are the journalist 600 of them .. that are looking for free funds

Who have even investigate their claims and rubbish

Nigerians will buy anything everything as long as it to throw dirt to perceive enemy.. political or not.

Modified
All those on mention..
So
Now you have this pandora information.. what do we do we it?

U are free to defend urself if u feel it’s untrue and damaging. Asides that there’s nothing wrong with the information if ur hands are clean.

Dangote is also there and thankfully the journalists are not witch-hunting bt revealing findings from general data made available. undecided
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Decency2020(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Nigerians will buy anything everything as long as it to throw dirt to perceive enemy.. political or not.
Modified
All those on mention..
So

It is a strategy. Aimed to distract the fools and they are being distracted already

No one is saying anything about the indicted Nigerians who are financing terror groups. BB9ja is over and the foolish youths need to be distracted again. Has anyone cared to ask why Mr Integrity did not ban the broadcast of bb9ja but was fast to ban twitter? The reason is that the youths have no sense of direction but now the rubbish is over they need to be distracted again.

Nigeria malady has no remedy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
Blakpot:

It is fraud. Those companies only exist on paper, the sole purpose of their existence is to help its owners escape paying taxes from their earnings.
grin Specifically how can Zedok help Oyedepo escape tax in Nigeria?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by redsun(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2021
luvinhubby:

What is dishonest in investing in a business in a tax free country?

The dishonest are freeloading, not paying their dues, not duly giving back to their own country and the poor that they fleeced to get the money in the first place.

They chose to play, wine and dine with Babylon they preach against just to secure their generation's future, forgetting that all is vanity after all

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by miketayo(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2021
FreeIgboho:

He even intentionally misinterpreted the quotation. It refers to NEEDS not stupendous wealth!

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

You can be wealthy, cool. Just don't mangle the bible
What u will eat and wear doesn't amount to worldly wealth. Of course God won't let u walk naked or starve you to death

19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

24 No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Modified
All those on mention..
So
. They are meant to allow u know what your leaders don't want u to know.... What you do with the information is left to you..... That's why it's called an investigative journalism

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:

From panama to Pandora

Modified
All those on mention..
So

You guys are just too fooolish was it about Nigerians alone abi is oyedepo contesting for election?

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by miketayo(m): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
You guys only employ logic when it's convinient for you Christians.
How come you don't apply this logic to all the ridiculousness in the Bible?

What's your point exactly? I m lost here
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties

SHUT UP!!!

IF OYEDEPO WAS FROM THE EAST, YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED FOR HIS HEAD LIKE YOU DID IN PETER OBI'S CASE. YOU WOULD HAVE OPENED THAT YOUR FAT MOUTH TO SAY RUBBISH
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2021
doncollino:
Many nigerians don't understand anything. When money goes outside your shore without adding value your Nara goes down. When you hear about Panama companies, most time they do nothing there. They just move billions outside Nigeria and devalue your naira. They should all be sent to jail if our leaders are reasonable.
grin Any money moved outside the country is taxed. Except thru govt. approved channels.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by bosman50(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2021
Krismas:
cheesy I think u did not understand the pandora people very well. My pastor’s business was just a listing. It showed no activity, it showed no income. There is no income to declare in Zedok grin

I am sure you know what it means to own a share......A major share holder of a company.That means if he is not making money, he is definately running the company at loss. He should declare loss.

He must be the only entrepreneur running a company at a loss since 2007. He is lucky the system is absolutely corrupt
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by RichAbujaGuy: 10:42am On Oct 10, 2021
Hmmm, the spotlight is now on the BVI and many other tax havens.

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2021
How will these pastors manage to tell a pagan like me that vanity upon vanity is vanity?? If a pastor can accumulate such enormous amount of wealth here on earth for himself, what is the limit of an ordinary man? Jesus had the power to have the whole world but never took the opportunity..... So for pastors to store up wealth for themselves this way, it means they don't model their lives after Jesus Christ whom they claim to serve..... If na them satan tempt by promising them the whole world if they bow down to him..... They will accept it without thinking twice..... I have said this and will always say it.... The best church a man can attend is the church of his heart and conscience and the best weapon he can have is the Bible that contains the word of God.... Most of these clerics are end time pastors....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by redsun(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
miketayo:

What's your point exactly? I m lost here

The point is that the only time you are not delusional is when you want to cover your cheating asses. The rest of the time, you think manna falls from heaven.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
GOs don't know best. They are scamming you glaringly

Scamming who? I don’t know if they are scammers, they and God know but I am not a Pentecostal.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties
.... Of cos u won't see anything wrong in what they have done but you and your types will be the first to condem government officials if this news was about them..... These pastors are not better than the government officials we are all accusing of corruption every day

3 Likes

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by RichAbujaGuy: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
Hmmm, the spotlight is now on the BVI and many other tax havens. Seems like the UK are expert financial pirates.

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Krismas(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

SHUT UP!!!

IF OYEDEPO WAS FROM THE EAST, YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED FOR HIS HEAD LIKE YOU DID IN PETER OBI'S CASE. YOU WOULD HAVE OPENED THAT YOUR FAT MOUTH TO SAY RUBBISH
grin Peter Obi is a political office holder under oath to declare all his holdings. Oyedepo is different. He has no such obligation
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by miketayo(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2021
redsun:

The point is that the only time you are not delusional is when you want to cover your cheating asses. The rest of the time, you think manners fall from heaven.
how is it related to what i said earlier.. who am I covering
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Workch: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2021
Survivingnaija:

Scamming who? I don’t know if they are scammers, they and God know but I am not a Pentecostal.
I know they are scammer, you can know if you start questioning them
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Oracleforce: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/489110-pandora-papers-how-pastor-david-oyedepo-set-up-family-offshore-company-in-tax-haven.html

With this write-up, it is obvious that they want to use this game news to blackmail the man of God...

I remember reading about strong allegation against Abba Kyari and in this allegation, the journalist listed irrefutable facts and evidence about the bribery allegation against Abba kyari...
Now, some brown envelope journalist just came up with a cook-up story without strong evidence to back up their allegations...

I dare this Mumu Journalists to pursue this matter in the competent court of jurisdiction...or else, they should keep quiet .
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
.... If they didn't violate any law, then nobody has the right to question any government official over corrupt practices

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2021
The issue is why did Oyedepo open it? And all these family joint business does not look nice. On a serious note, why? For what exactly? I am not sure how it sound...Having a family joint business in your country is ok. But opening an investment on Islands known for covering shady businesses looks somehow. He is trying to cover up something.

Obi Pandora case is different as he has been bursted. Ouedeop has not yet been, but I think if people dig further, messes will be unearthed. I dont have any problem with Obi's decision to open one. But he knows it is not that straight forward to explain to people esp when one is seeking a public office position. The first thing in people's mind is that the fellow cannot be trusted. Why? Most people who go that route are rouges. Go and check responsible leaders if they do so. So, why did Oyedepo do it himself? Will Oyedepo confidently say his private business made him rich? Public fund is not private fund. This is the standard everywhere. I have reservation for prosperity preachers. I used to be a fan of Oyedepo cos he created jobs, provided schools, etc. But there are churches who did same without making so much noise and wahala. Babcock of the 7th Day Adventist is a wonderful school which can compete with Oyedepo's covenant university. But we hardly get negative stories from Babcock. Though, I am for ever grateful for Covenant University of Oyedepo, and he has another powerful University also alsrt from covenant.

Back to Obi Pandora, imagine the man said he doesn't realise he needed to declare a joint asset. What a clown? And he expects me to trust his judgement to know the right to do as a president. Lol. Obi said he doesnt know he is the owner of the asset or what? The law says declare all your assets? He didnt need to declare the share of his family there, but he needed to state his own. How can he say he didnt know? Oh! So na me get the share in the so called company that he said he doesnt know he was to declare it? Or na Buhari get am. Ooops! Maybe he transferred his shares to the Igbos defending him. Shameless e-goat.

Oyedepo's case is far different from Obi Pandora, but it doesnt look good too. I am sure there is more to it. And this is what Jonalists should investigate further. There is likely an ugly reason Oyedepo did it too. I always run away from people with these investments until I know the real reason they were opened. Na thieves dey always go after such investments to cover up bad deals.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by EngrchidiG25(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Wetin concern me after all God go judge everybody
Pandora everything everywhere
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2021
LibertyRep:
Foreigners own companies in Nigeria.

Is there anything wrong in Nigerians owing companies abroad?

What law(s) have they broken in simple terms?

If there is/are, then drag them to court immediately and not the media.
...... Then nobody should accuse any government official of corruption...... Make everybody dey open company abroad.... Where the money comes from should not matter to anyone... It's simple

4 Likes

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2021
Charmingrascal:
"Seek Christ first and every other thing (Money, properties) will be added onto it"

Many of these Pastors started humbly from nothing, they were preaching the gospel of Christ when there was no monetary gain, after winning souls for Christ, God is adding other things which he promised to add and this is why their blessings keep on increasing and their coast is being enlarged.

So whoever is reading this "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need" Matthew 6:33

I am not even a born again and in most cases I will be the one to criticize Pastor but I now know better
.... Nobody is criticizing them..... Seek yea first the kingdom of God and other things will be added.... Jesus Christ that rejected all the wealth of the world, did He not seek the kingdom of God? He had all the opportunity to own all the wealth of the world but He chose to focus on the salvation of mankind..... Which is something pastors of these days know very little about

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Feelings79: 10:48am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
He may not be a political leader but a moral leader hence he should live by the standards he preaches.What does the Bible say about payment of taxes? the Bible is also clear what should happen to church money, it's to be shared among the poor in the church as was the case in Antioch which is the model church.Oyedepo's attitude here fits with that of Anianias and Saphrite: hiding things behind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2021
Bishop Pandora!
grin

Laying up for himself treasures in terra.

(Watch as his disciples defend the indefensible. And after we would be wondering why God doesnt hear us)
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Make una leave this man alone. Let him alone face the judgement before God. No man should judge any. Happy Sunday peeps

Will u say the same to all Politicians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.