Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (64091 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Drwords(m): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Then bowing shouldn't necessary be a skill even though one still have learn to bow depending on cultural etiquette

Exactly.

Bowing is not a skill, per se. It's a follow-up reaction that comes with the virtue of humility.

You bow to show humility; you bow to show submission, also.

That is, in general, bowing– as a mode of response– flows naturally when your heart is in a state of meekness. You don't have to learn it.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by kozmicity: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
budaatum:

There's hundreds, if not thousands.
https://ashidakim.com/zenkoans
Thanks a bunch. Make I go strech my mind.
Just out of curiosity... Have you read them all?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by budaatum: 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
kozmicity:

Thanks a bunch. Make I go strech my mind.

Just out of curiosity... Have you read them all?

Na, not all. I did read a very good book on them though, to get a general idea of their use as a learning and teaching tool.

When you've crossed the river, you leave the boat behind. (Not a koan!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Drwords:

Exactly.

Bowing is not a skill, per se. It's a follow-up reaction that comes with the virtue of humility.

You bow to show humility; you bow to show submission, also.

That is, in general, bowing– as a mode of response– flows naturally when your heart is in a state of meekness. You don't have to learn it.

@bolded
Most times it doesn't flow naturally. . We become slaves to it, based on obligation as a slave that we are. . (Please I might be seeing this from another pespective)

Please kindly enlighten me on the difference between respect and fear

Budaatum please I need your insight too
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2022
Sent 4k to the mechanic ... I'd chill with 1k...

People are really going through hell. .. My own hell dey learn work
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
When you younger brother is a crack head and that's the blood you got

.Lord help
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2022
My attack got something to do with hunger
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 12:28am On Oct 28, 2022
You know your worth?

I dey street dey hustle for space your own problem is!!! the bed you got your body on got no pillow! !!

Unbalanced life
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 1:00am On Oct 28, 2022
Give them peace take mine.. give them the insight blur my mind. . Enlighten them leave me in the dark. ..

Sacrifice
Kos we don't know when we gon die
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Drwords(m): 4:57am On Oct 28, 2022
zrealjaheal:

@bolded
Most times it doesn't flow naturally. . We become slaves to it, based on obligation as a slave that we are. . (Please I might be seeing this from another pespective)

Please kindly enlighten me on the difference between respect and fear

Budaatum please I need your insight too

Respect is earned and fear, enforced.

Nonetheless, they both serve a singular endgoal: to create a god-like expression and appear exemplary.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by budaatum: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2022
Drwords:

Respect is earned and fear, enforced.

Nonetheless, they both serve a singular endgoal: to create a god-like expression and appear exemplary.

Fear and respect do most definitely not serve the same purpose and the endgoal is not the same, though, the Nigerian mentality is prone to think they do due to their use in archaic religious texts and our inability to evolve and update.

Fear is for something one is afraid of, like a snake or a God that would burn one in hell or a tyrannical parent or someone pointing a gun at one.

Respect is for someone one reveres and holds in high regard, like a loving parent or a good wife or one's friend or even one's child.

A person feared is not exemplary. And once they lose what makes them fearful (i.e. their gun), they usually become unfeared and disrespected. While a person is respected usually because of something exemplary (a good or desirable quality) that they may possess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Drwords(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2022
budaatum:

Fear and respect do most definitely not serve the same purpose and the endgoal is not the same, though, the Nigerian mentality is prone to think they do due to their use in archaic religious texts and our inability to evolve and update.

Fear is for something one is afraid of, like a snake or a God that would burn one in hell or a tyrannical parent or someone pointing a gun at one.

Respect is for someone one reveres and holds in high regard, like a loving parent or a good wife or one's friend or even one's child.

A person feared is not exemplary. And once they lose what makes them fearful (i.e. their gun), they usually become unfeared and disrespected. While a person is respected usually because of something exemplary (a good or desirable quality) that they may possess.

Fear is used to acquire respect.

Case study: Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin and Osama Bin Laden.

Now, if you agree to the initial postulation, you'd consider/support the case study and vice versa.

On the other hand, respect, as you rightly said, is earned as a result of an admirable quality (which is mostly innate and not easily disposed of).

So, my drive?

A person who's respected earns the unbridled loyalty of the admirer while a person who's feared enjoys similar allegiance.

Significantly also, the two feelings (fear and respect) provide both the respected and the feared some relevance.

This leaves the only difference to be the means of acquisition, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by budaatum: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2022
Drwords:

Fear is used to acquire respect.

Case study: Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin and Osama Bin Laden.

Really? Not many respected those you mentioned. Not many feared them much neither come to talk of it, and just feared the evil and destruction they may do.

Perhaps define what you mean by respect.
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2022
azraeljaheel:

Good morning
Hope you are doing great
I have responded to your mail

lost access to that Gmail, sorry for late replies tho, been a while since I last checked up on NL
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2022
Louisfrank:

lost access to that Gmail, you can hit me up on WhatsApp 091.....517.....73093. Sorry for late replies tho, been a while since I last checked up on NL

Good morning elder

My whatsapp is currently inactive I sent you a text
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Good morning elder
My whatsapp is currently inactive I sent you a text
lol...... I'm a young guy oo, replied yr text already tho
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Louisfrank:

lol...... I'm a young guy oo, replied yr text already tho

Seen the text chief

Couldn't reply cos I got no call card. Although I do have bonus to make calls. Can I still ring you by that time?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Seen the text chief

Couldn't reply cos I got no call card. Although I do have bonus to make calls. Can I still ring you by that time?

yh

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
You have no money, he has bad health. He has more money, buy he can't buy your health

You have no light buy he has no eyes, people be wishing they got your life. They think you are alright.

She nice nice cars and fine boys but she gets the broke boys. Most of the time they fly bikes. Her friend hates the rich guys because they proud, they take jibes and sgr be wanting a normal guy, but she's only getting the rich guys...
judatech

You are always wondering, how is he getting it? Rather than envy be inspired.
Anonymous1900

Never worry about your lost time. Never hurry when all you need is time..
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Louisfrank:

yh

Good evening chief

I think my bonus got exhausted
credit got finished
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Wrong mistake

Truly nothing like family(i missed mine tho) . Who you don't know, you truly don't know. Nothing on earth could give that satisfaction, but it is all a phase. Although it might seem like everything is bleak now.

Hold on tight. .. never give up.. suffer the pains.. endure the insults.. tolerate the jobs..

People can never be you. Patience is expensive and humility is priceless

Stay strong
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
lipsrsealed tongue
zrealjaheal:

Good evening chief

credit got finished

embarassed
zrealjaheal:

Good evening chief

credit got finished
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Good evening chief

credit got finished

would call you tomorrow evening, I'm having a meeting all day long tomorrow
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Good evening chief
credit got finished
yh, I understand, it was a pleasure having to hear your voice.
How are you holding up over there
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 29, 2022
Louisfrank:

yh, I understand, it was a pleasure having to hear your voice.

How are you holding up over there

Good morning
@bolded
same here chief

I am holding up just fine. Like I got a choice ?
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 29, 2022
Phone and memory card available for sale
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
azraeljaheel:

Good morning @bolded same here chief

I am holding up just fine. Like I got a choice ?

Good day bro, would call you later during the course of the day

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
Louisfrank:

Good day bro, would call you later during the course of the day

Alright chief

Good evening
i still haven't seen it
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Louisfrank(m): 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Alright chief
Good evening
i still haven't seen it

stay safe

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by zrealjaheal: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2022
We all climb and fall.. but this who climb back up are those who matter more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2022
Oluwa, show your people Mercy. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (44) (Reply)

Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.