Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (63733 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Light is currently an issue here.. They just restored the light after over 36hrs.. Terrible people
Saturday was dope, the pastor and his wife came back around 11am with couple of friends..

Why do people mistake coleslaw for salad... Imagine someone saying they wanna have fried rice and salad.. And na coleslaw them really want cheesy.

Made chicken salad.. Things are extremely expensive... carrot, cabbage couldn't find lettuce.. Couldn't get grapes either.. Avocado was too expensive had to mice it...
Rontolo

Their friends collected my contact. With the hope to ring me when they have any function

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
No one would believe I swept this compound this morning...

Thinking of getting a popcorn machine
really need to tell the pastor about my plans of going to see my faro

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2022
Obviously salary has been paid smiley don't ask me how I got gl know... Bikes carrying carton of noodles, people filling up their cylinders, people queuing at pos spots smiley no atm point in this vicinity you have to actually travel to get one which is in a bank... Imagine you wanna withdraw 2k you spend like 5h to get to the ATM point... Speaking of bank, my bank they have refused to credit me and it's over a month now.
A dude is celebrating his birthday today, you need see girls don't know where they shipped them from..

Anyways mine is just to admire. You can't be this broke and still be having erection or thinking about girls.

One of the reasons I had to stop relating with that my friend I made here. No time for distraction, it been over a year now I had any thing related to intimacy.... But those girls fine..

Time for my night prayer...

7 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 01, 2022
Sleep is really hard to come by these days cry
HAPPY NEW MONTH TO EVERYONE OUT THERE.. the month of love..

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2022
Proverb 12:9-21

Dear lord in a world full of evil please give me the strength to be good

In a world full of hate give me the strength to show love

In a world where everyone tend to demand please provide for me to be able to supply

HAPPY NEW MONTH... reach out to love ones

[b]

9 let love be genuine. uAbhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

10 vLove one another with brotherly affection. wOutdo one another in showing honor.

11 Do not be slothful in zeal, xbe fervent in spirit,7 yserve the Lord.

12 zRejoice in hope, abe patient in tribulation, bbe constant in prayer.

13 cContribute to the needs of the saints and dseek to show hospitality.

14 eBless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.

15 fRejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

16 gLive in harmony with one another. hDo not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.8 iNever be wise in your own sight.

17 jRepay[sup][/sup] no one evil for evil, but kgive thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.

18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, llive peaceably with all.

19 Beloved, mnever avenge yourselves, but leave it9 to the wrath of God, for it is written, n“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

20 To the contrary, o“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. [/b].

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
The way bike tyre dey burst eh.. This dry season is doing them strong thing .. The back tyres especially smiley
shine12
E sweet me sha. God forgive me I am not wishing them bad but ministry must move wink cheesy

So na like this people wet dey sell coffins go dey pray useless prayers lol

Pictures: back tyre tube

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
Trust me your cs can make you do that which you thought you wouldn't do.. Adaption is Paramount if not person for don drown

in this ocean of life ama sail-or die till I see the treasures again !!

I am grateful for brunch, but what I had if say na before even if my dead body was fed that meal it'd reject it.

Rice and boiled plantain (unripe).. The plantains got their health benefits, yeah so true. But my body system never accepted it.

So many things my system have adjusted to.

I hate yam even if i have to chow it you must place sugar in it.. But now man dey chow chop yam wey no even get salt talkless of sugar cheesy

I don't eat head of yam but now anything goes.. When it comes to veggies I am extremely selective. I can't eat veggies prepd by who I don't know... Because you must wash it like craze grin but now baba dey buy swallow outside, wey be say after every meal na toilet embarassed

Pawpaw whenever I eat it my lips get swollen some weird allergies but now the stomach and system had to adjust because of hunger.. If i could stomach half smoked slimy snails what's a pawpaw

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2022
Customers here are something else, I understand things are tough, but I don't purchase the goods on credit..

Things I have learnt,

Your communication skills must be dope regardless of language..

And when you don't understand your have to apply listening skills

Negotiation skills too involve, some of them this customers will come at you like say them put jazz for mouth cheesy

Interpersonal skills will go a long way.. Behave like you say you be their blood ... Like say you be indigene

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Mr Ben just left the individual that came to preach to me the other day.

He told me he had a dream about me... I was smoking and I was told to trash the smoke but I killed the light and placed the reminant in my wallet..

Had a dream too one time like that about an aunt who was always scolding me then when things were alright.. In the dream she asked me "boy ain't you tired of this dress, why not pull it off"

Forgiveness is crazy...

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
Just got back now, the sun is something else. People are funny sha imagine asking for CV for a motor boy job on top 10k salary

What on earth do they wanna do with my CV I feel the manager just want to form "doing my job"
pattymike hope you are fine no reply from you

6 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
A lil gist about my morning.. So I woke up to the noise of individuals around 4:34am. Had to peep through the window of the church. Man body no wan catch stray bullet cheesy

Heard people saying in Yoruba "don't let him go and dont allow him wear his clothes" apparently baba was busted playing away match by the girl's mum

Away match dey sweet but rules and regs are involved

Never run away things with someone who ain't smart or underage

Never be in a haste to go full naked when at the girl's house matter of fact don't strip fully

Don't over dress a short and roundnecka will do don't carry much accessories

Don't get carried away if you must sleep/rest do it with one eyes opened

Don't get too drunk

Never ever play away game with a lady who stays in a room apartment inshort if the apartment doesn't have over four rooms and atleast three exit doors don't near there.

And lastly away players are liable to die young lol or get disgraced

I'd drop an one of my escapades that nearly went south

7 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
So I met this girl in my guys hood.. She doesn't know where I crib.. She knows I got a girl but for whatever reason chose to still get down with me. Maybe she was thinking with enough TLC from her I'd abandon my ship with my girl and get on her canoe

They got a shop close to their house not too far.. Shawty will prep meal and stuffs. Things between us was downlow

On a particular friday she gave me invite to come spend the night at her crib, that her mum will be going for vigil and from there shes gonna head to the market ...

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ap was for 12am by that time tenants would have gone to bed.. Plans were after everything I'd leave by 5am to my guys apartment kit up jog and head to the court smiley

Got there she had already prepd fried plantain with better egg and turbo king to step it down.

After the meal we kicked off with the match... pre-intimacy first we not in a rush we got the whole night together

When we were about to press forward it was a knock on the door that brought us back to earth

Her mum, lord god it was her screaming her name to come open the door, shawty was naked already. Had to hide at the back of the door.. Now the thing with the door is when you are outside you push so the door opens inside not outside.. Was wearing my favourite white short that has a netted boxers no need for extra boxers

My witchy babe was ringing thank god I had already placed the phone on vib but I could feel the vib and see the light

Her mile was even complaining why it took her forever to open the door.. Was there thinking of an escape route but no way.. One way in one way out

Her Mumsea church wasn't far from the house so she decided to come home to rest and pick up something

Where I was what I had on my mind was if her mum sees me na to push and japa but the repercussions for mad gaan

You know this one room setting that looks like a guest house but no private toilet.. The toilet is at the end of the house and they stay in the second room outta eight...

Her mum was like please hand the bucket I need to wash my leg... Omo na werin save me...

As her mum left I picked up my slips I didn't even wait to wear my LB top.. With slips and top for my hand na so I pick race.. Ran passed a mosque with over five dogs.. Swaers they pursued me but adrenaline gave me strength to out run them...

Couldn't go to my apartment na my guyus place I run go...

Very crazy experience.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
Time for evening clean up

Picture one me strapping up.. The dust here is crazy if you wet the ground pass river you go still chop dust and the thing is affecting me...

But you have to keep the sanctuary clean and moreover a busy mind is a mind that the devil won't take advantage of

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
Half way through with the sweeping..

Something just hit me, life is truly unfair. But life treats us the way we treat it... You had all but now you have none!! An avenue for depression. Something I am still trying to get over

The suicidal thoughts won't let a man breathe. Try to keep it positive, when they struggle to crawl please walk. When they sleep on you learn to stay awake. Times when they are confined inside please stay OUT standing

Never be desperate but be persistent..

Shame and reservedness comes with being broke. Not having what you really think they think you would have

Got a call that the man who gave sperm to ovaries to make me is sick and he wanna see me

An individual I have not seen for like years and by years mehn na eternity. Shame won't lemme go because I got five half siblings. Manchie is married to another Lady and I have never seen her kids before

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
Fridays would it be wrong to ask for levels to help me relax.. Help me put my mind at rest... I have had doing that I don't remember with folks I can't forget..

But you don't forget because na you pack the shi!t..

What if bad was good, what if heaven and hell never existed. What if religion was just a rule book orchestrated by individuals just to keep us in check..

What if these girls don't get pregnant just to tie a nigga down. What if dudes never fell in love just to cure sexual urge.. What if the mum of the girl wasnt about what you have and they see potential even when you have and you later lack what if they believe like you do that things will fall in place like an arranged dominos

Have to finish up my sweeping..

No light no phone

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
Life is a piece of paper. Tear whatever way you want but never forget to map out a piece to your required destination

First pray for peace then wealth will be a blessing..you could have all and still feel like a vacuum..

Remember a public toilet is a blessing to the small bladder/s... You are pressed it is there to relief you..

We all got purpose in life, some will serve while some will order. Serve with love and kindnesses and please order with humility.

Once heard a prince walked and a servant rod. Today ain't tomorrow. When words can't defend you.

Your integrity will speak for you....

6 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2022
what's the meaning of OBEDIENCE to a SLAVE ?

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 05, 2022
This life is weird.... Someone gave me a thousand naira yesterday night... Decided I would use it to bless individuals.. Needed data too to run some streaming but some how the universe came through ..

Took a very long walk this morning blessed those who I can.. Distributed 100 naira to them beggars at the road.. When I got back some kids said they needed apples. Helped them plucked it and gave them the last 200h with me
Rontolo

But guess what, a customer came said he needed 5litres of oil. He wants to service his car.. And he wants me to help him supply 30litres of oil that he'd get back to me..

The universe has a way of rewarding a faithful and honest soul

13 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
If you were born as slave try to die as a king

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
You have no money, he has bad health. He has more money, buy he can't buy your health

You have no light buy he has no eyes, people be wishing they got your life. They think you are alright.

She nice nice cars and fine boys but she gets the broke boys. Most of the time they fly bikes. Her friend hates the rich guys because they proud, they take jibes and sgr be wanting a normal guy, but she's only getting the rich guys...

You are always wondering, how is he getting it? Rather than envy be inspired.

Never worry about your lost time. Never hurry when all you need is time..

#rhockcastle

3 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
You hate your day job but she wants that same job. He wants to grow up but she pays to stay young...

You can't eat without meat. He wants food he can't sleep

Nobi your condition worst pass. People are eyeing your position

You complain about your phone the screen is bad. But he had no phone just sim card

Most of the time you think you are living in pain. Someone somewhere is having it worst.

You crave a rich dad, but she hates her rich dad. Her rich dad won't stop molesting her

Be grateful

7 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
I am at the edge and I think I am about to fall off

My mind is really stressed out...

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
Info about my cs/cp

Can't say much about them because you really have to know people before you can drop your verdicts about the person. We all have our ways of life

Major language is Yoruba and pigin. Most of the young boys are flyers could tell because on several occasions I have seen them chew claws

Houses are built with clay bricks. Someone once said they use it because bullets can't penetrate clay.

Most married men here are agents, they all have landed properties.. Inheritance I guess. You can't build or purchase a land without their consent you must sort them or na serious wahala, the men are polygamous in nature.. Married men chasing another married woman.. They don't even hide it..

The women are semi full house wives(if that exist) majorly into Petty trades. Like hawking and having a small kwoisk where they display their goods. You see them selling fufu or local fruits..
The widows have male friends who pay their dues

Parenting equals zilch in this part of the world

The young guys are into scam or extortion... Collecting money from any trailer or engineer of a project.
The dudes can drink and smoke sk from now to eternity. They don't really smoke cigarettes here.

Having baby mama is a norm here. Having sex here don't cost a thing. They don't toast Ladies, they like you, they call you, when you are passing and you must acknowledge if not your own don done

The girls hmmmm.. Most of them are into vocational job like fashion design aka tailor and hair dressing.. Promiscuous in nature lack of exposure.. Most their highest academic level is ssce.

Jobs in this hood bricklaying, carpentry, tailoring, pure water factories, bakeries..

They all know themselves. Small community? For them yes but for me no.. Development is needed and the youths too have to accept and adapt to change

8 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Man as a slave. Man subjected with basic training for service but not for productivity

Man taught how to grow sugar cane but not how to make sugar

Man taught how to grow cotton, but not how to make clothes

So even when man was free and liberated.he had all the raw materials, but no ability to transform them into end products

Because man was left with the zeal of freedom but not the skill for development

We all slaves to something !!!
rontolo

7 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Blacksavage: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Man go do this kind work finish one babe go come say he love me.. angry
Chai man dey suffer ooh
Shout at to all the legit hustlers

4 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by wanbissaka2: 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
abeg make una help me like my post make i see €10 chop
https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story#110016920

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Edipet(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
azraeljaheel:
so this morning i decide to set out in search of any menial job! Just to get wah to eat and atleast av a lil savings for d tiny project i intend setn off!

got to a place asked if they needed labourer! The man in charge of the construction said yes, but they gun pay me per bag of cement! Toh no wahala! Honest truth was that i heard 1500 per bag! 4my head i don reason say 4bags=6k!

am done with a bag now(mind u, u nid see the amount of sand they used in mixin a bag of cement, dem those bricklayerz na thieves)
elasticstone
make i collect my 1500 koz i know i cant survive 4bags of cements. The madman is tellin me now that it was 500 per bag he said!

which kin stupid country b this for christ sake?

this is not an easy job bro....in my place you have to be strong before you can do this job...i have tried it several times, but my strength no reach,... Some places is 700/bag God will bless you OP..

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Talentempire: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
It is well this country

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Eeeya, God bless you, OP.

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by B2K4LUV(m): 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Op thanks for this update. Wao I will go ooh 10bags that's 5k

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Cokahot:
But I have faith that b4 Dec 30th I go pick my cool 6m. Buy one glk quick
How did it go?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply)

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.