Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? (30863 Views)

Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving? / 8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by marksleek2584(m): 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
xarm:
DSE
what's DSE please? Make I learn another new thing
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Dotmanmcdon(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Denvacandy:
Was just randomly thinking how people that are jobless are surviving in this country with the increase in price of things.

I earn roughly 100-130k monthly and i can say its not being easy, spending money on food, data and unkeep.

So i really need to know how people who are jobless are coping in this country, people that have no source of income.
It has not been easy after service worked for someone as a research assistant for 4 month this man did not pay me a dime. My parents thought I was been paid,couldn't do my graphics work while with him which made me lost some of my customers. Have applied to different schools for teaching job nothing show. I opened fiverr, upwork , freelancer just to get gig for my graphics work still nothing. Thank God for my sister who has been supporting with little money for sub. Honestly it not easy .i have a second class upper in biology education and am also a graphic designer and surreal artist. Am based in Ibadan my number is 07086587137

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
[quote author=GOOOGLE504 o de

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Exodora:

May I know some of the programs please

You should check for the program you want and the school of your choice. Check under funding and you will get the information you need on what funding are available.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by GboyegaD(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ernchibyke:

You pay application fee bro, upto the tune of $125. Passport join...all still require some money

It is money you use to find money. Besides application rate is not as high for most schools.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by AZControversial(m): 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
UncleJudax:

if thats how it works, every other guy taking care of his girlfriend (many of them) go don log out.

Hmmm... some truth in this tho
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by GboyegaD(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Scholarship is so competitive

He has a good degree and he can always compete. People with second class lower get funding so why should an upper class be scared. This kind of information is the reason why many people don't explore potential opportunities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
geesilver:
Been jobless for over a year now, search all corners of Lagos no way. Out. No money to travel to other states in search of job. The only way I feed is through my wife little income am Even afraid make she no finally leave me, but one thing that kept me going is her encouragement and the drive to become great one day. But I hope the hope would not be dashed soon as things are getting worse on a daily basis.
Ameen
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
123readygo:
I even pity those that earn less than 100k a month not to talk of being jobless.
May God save us all
My brother people are earning 29k 30k you are calling 100k
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
ehmasjet:
Seriously it's been hell as Bleep, lost my job at the seventh month of my wife's pregnancy, we started staying at home and finished the little money I had saved even spent the one I saved up for hospital bill, after that I started begging friends and families just to feed everyday.

She gave birth through CS and made everything worse, I got loan , borrowed money and all.... Till now am still unable to pay up any of my debts.

Staying jobless is just an experience of how hell would be especially if you have a family to feed.

Depression, frustration, being lost in several thoughts, seeing yourself as useless and different experience.

May God help us.
Ameen
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by zubimete(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
jospepper:
07035822614 call or Whatsapp.
ok i will call because i`m using a small phone.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's really not easy Sha, even me like this, it's hard finding a job to do, but by God's grace we all will survive this govt.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by jospepper(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
zubimete:
ok i will call because i`m using a small phone.
alright.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Draggun(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Fidelmak:
Na graphics design and printing I take dey sustain o, sometimes na to follow oyinbo talk for upwork and freelancer before $10 go show .....

Pls, I'd like to learn graphics design. How can I contact you?
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Adegold1993(m): 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
it's not being easy bro. A graduate with strong 2.1 still unemployed. I barely eat once daily

As for data subscription, some friends do help me with #200 airtime once in a while just to search online and apply for any opening

I'm always on free mode on nairaland through opera mini. Life has not been fair with me that i know

To cap it all, I'm just stuck in the house. No money to move around (Transportation) in search of job

I wish God could change my story for good. I'm getting depressed seriously

If it's government job you're looking for, better change your way� the earlier the better
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Spherical77(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
GOOOGLE504:
Truly it's not easy. Try not to do wuru-wuru-to-the-answer because you earn by making others cry, do not be idle, find something doing in the meantime to keep you busy.

If you are a graduate, especially with second class upwards, push for international scholarships - people are getting it every day. Press hard enough on that and Japa from this shiithole because no matter your class of degree, the best solution is to japa. Dollar is increasing, even 150k salary earners need to start planning anew.

Learn new skills, meet new people, have fun because in life, Problem no dey finish o.

Also Because one person food don already done no mean say your own no dey ontop fire. quote me if you need mtn data (1-2gb) and remember, God is working on something for you.

God bless you bro. Please bro o need the data 08034374608. Thanks
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Draggun(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
GOOOGLE504:
Truly it's not easy. Try not to do wuru-wuru-to-the-answer because you earn by making others cry, do not be idle, find something doing in the meantime to keep you busy.

If you are a graduate, especially with second class upwards, push for international scholarships - people are getting it every day. Press hard enough on that and Japa from this shiithole because no matter your class of degree, the best solution is to japa. Dollar is increasing, even 150k salary earners need to start planning anew.

Learn new skills, meet new people, have fun because in life, Problem no dey finish o.

Also Because one person food don already done no mean say your own no dey ontop fire. quote me if you need mtn data (1-2gb) and remember, God is working on something for you.

Bro, pls I need the data.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Opera001: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Denvacandy:
Was just randomly thinking how people that are jobless are surviving in this country with the increase in price of things.

I earn roughly 100-130k monthly and i can say its not being easy, spending money on food, data and unkeep.

So i really need to know how people who are jobless are coping in this country, people that have no source of income.

Really not easy anyways, like myself who has been a graduate or about 5yrs, doing menial jobs to survive since the backslide of the business I was doing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Well I am still available for any opening incase any good Samaritan can help.
B.Agric (Animal Science)
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Adekunle1665: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Better Days ahead
Opera001:

Really not easy anyways, like myself who has been a graduate or about 5yrs, doing menial jobs to survive since the backslide of the business I was doing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Well I am still available for any opening incase any good Samaritan can help.
B.Agric (Animal Science)
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
jospepper:
Can you put me through on this?

Check out this guy on Instagram and follow his model. You'll need to advertise once in a while for visibility.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by GRACETOLIVE(f): 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

Please I really need the data. 09030.100.280. I'll appreciate any from you. Thanks.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Ay92(m): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
I've already explained my plight on a thread I created earlier.
I'm now looking for money to buy bike to do okada. It is well with my soul
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by jospepper(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
nenyewrites:

Check out this guy on Instagram and follow his model. You'll need to advertise once in a while for visibility.
Thank you very much.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by vickydevoka(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
FamTomx2:

Very true.
Unless I Sabi marketing wella
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by vickydevoka(m): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
geesilver:

I hope this doesn't affect your you in the long run. Cos these people can dent one's image
Wen I de grave

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
jospepper:
Thank you very much.

You're welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by snuffly: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
It was hard mentally especially. When you worked for a long time at one job and had a stable income. But at some point because of the situation or rather because of the quarantine I am out of work. There is no work outside the pandemic. What to do? Help came to text marketing app that roughly speaking pulled me out of a difficult situation. Thanks to this resource I can work at home remotely. Because now I can communicate with my clients through text messages in different messengers.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Enesth(f): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Donclique(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Bros , no ask me oh... I no know , me self dey unemployed.
Lol....nah as u suggest mk hm carry hm degree go there nah.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Solidkay(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
VTJN:
it's not being easy bro. A graduate with strong 2.1 still unemployed. I barely eat once daily

As for data subscription, some friends do help me with #200 airtime once in a while just to search online and apply for any opening

I'm always on free mode on nairaland through opera mini. Life has not been fair with me that i know

To cap it all, I'm just stuck in the house. No money to move around (Transportation) in search of job

I wish God could change my story for good. I'm getting depressed seriously

I weep.
God will surely change your story brother and mine too, we deserve better.
Don't give up, don't give in....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Naijagetskills: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wooooow nigerian graduates are really going through a lot

Please if you can learn skills and add to your hustle.
Will anyone like to take a marketing/ sales remote job ? I can refer you

If God has blessed you please help someone too.
Re: How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? by Vulcanheph(m): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Donclique:

Lol....nah as u suggest mk hm carry hm degree go there nah.
Guy check well oh... No be me tell am to carry degree join force.
I only warn am say if him no get Godfather before him enter army... Na Bornou go be him posting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees At Actionaid Nigeria - October 2013 / You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.