Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? (1302 Views)

Group Of Divorced Nigerian Women Celebrate Initiation Of New Members (Pix) / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by crackhaus: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Plead:
If you go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6788228/cost-getting-married-poor-family/4 you'd understand why. cheesy
Marriage is the only way most African women level up in life,hence the reason they celebrate it like a trophy. If you go through the thread you'll notice 99% of the female commenters were advising the OP to marry a poor and uneducated woman with baggages (many siblings+parents that will be depending on him). If the reverse was the case, they'd never give the same advise. cheesy

Who wouldn't like the idea of being free of financial duties for life? Having all your bills being paid for by someone else. cheesy

So, my friend, that is the reason why most African women see marriage as a do or die affair, and also celebrate it like trophy. Even while they're still in NYSC or university, they've already started wishing to get married. Marriage is the ultimate priority of the female folks.

No matter how any clout chasing female try to claim otherwise on social media,it wouldn't change reality.

Cc crackhaus
It's what it is... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by crackhaus: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

True here. My dad has not paid my fees since primary school. My mom paid my fees to the university that's why she gets all my money now and it's same for many of my friends. I don't know where men take care of their families but it definitely not in Nigeria.
I don't know why, but I feel like I'm like the only one seeing the sarcasm here. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Acidosis:

Check your WhatsApp status, you'll see the difference.
I don't have a whatsapp status. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by MufasaLion: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Most marriages these days in Nigeria is more or less a poverty alleviation scheme to the women (and their family) hence the reason they celebrate more than expected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Klass99(f): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by MufasaLion: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Klass99:

You don't say shocked!
If you say these days, what was it like in previous years?

It was still better then. It seems you dont know the number of marriages done these days.
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Klass99(f): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by frozen70(f): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
(
Kingosytex:
Does marriage really favour only women?
Why do women celebrate marriage like it's a kinda trophy while men hardly do that?
I have also come across this notion and I just feel like unraveling the mystery behind such ideology. Go to Facebook and other social media platforms you will see marriage posts of women celebrating being married, their friends also partake in celebrating in their joy but to be very honest I seldom see such about men.
Are majority really right in their opinion that marriage favours women?

Marriage is all about women and for women, so it worths celebrated
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God created Eve from Adam, a clone of Him in the other gender because Adam was the only human ever to be alone on the Earth/Eden - the first ever created created.

After that the same God also created Eunuchs. So companionship is a choice not a mandate. undecided

Have you ever seen a monk living alone in a monastery? Companionship is not all about marriage or man and woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Klass99(f): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2021
smiley
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

True here. My dad has not paid my fees since primary school. My mom paid my fees to the university that's why she gets all my money now and it's same for many of my friends. I don't know where men take care of their families but it definitely not in Nigeria.

Unfortunately this is very true which is why I'm silent when some men complain about being abandoned at old age.
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
nenyewrites:

Have you ever seen a monk living alone in a monastery? Companionship is not all about marriage or man and woman.
Yes, there are actually temples across Asia that are managed by single monks. Open your mind and your eyes will follow! undecided

Companionship is not limited to the male-female relationship you imagine. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yes, there are actually temples across Asia that are managed by single monks. Open your mind and your eyes will follow! undecided

Companionship is not limited to the male-female relationship you imagine. undecided

Smh
Re: Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
nenyewrites:

Smh
If you really believe in God learn also to believe what He tells you. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Woman Buys A Property In The Name Of Her Husband, It Does Not Belong To Him / How Will You Feel If Your Girlfriend Takes A Bath With Her Brother / Outrage As UCH Ibadan Rejects Sick Baby Because Mother's Refusal To Remove Niqab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.