Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? (29500 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by RaYwon6: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Because hunger dey.. if na rice Dem serve me, even 1 seed grin no go remain the only thing that I can leave remain is water cry cry because water he no get enemy tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Martinola(m): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Is that even a problem?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by AmazingELixir: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
undecided

Pretence!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by vince96w2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.
if you can't finish ask them to reduce it before u start eating..I hate remnant as it will wasted..you can demand for a plate and take the quantity that's fine for you so someone else can eat..But na before Buhari oo..visitors now get to drink only water..even minerals don add money grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by AutoChick4U(f): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
make e no be like dem no chop commot from house

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by BrutusOj(m): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
Because we are scared of you badmouthing us as hungry visitors.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by compton11(m): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
So they won't be seen as glutton niggas grin;

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by ignis: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
Forming of levels.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by avrilwisedata: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
So they don't come off as hungry people? Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by iscom(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na forming joor
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Personally, if i gv a visitor food and he or she finishes it, i like it. Makes me feel like the person appreciates my effort of cooking the food. Me i really like it. I will even ask if she or he wants more.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by pocohantas(f): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
First, Nigerians heap food too much!!!!

You guys don’t know portion control!

You tell them you want a little and they still heap the food. Swallow be looking like olumo rock on a plate.

No smart cook heaps a sweet food for people. They give you small, watch you rush it and allow you to ask for more. Then they swing their waist to the kitchen to give you more.

That is how stars do.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by TeeGentle(m): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Because they are shy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by yongg: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
For some;
Courtesy,

Others;
manners, etiquette
Dosage Mitigation
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by okenikpoto(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
At times when I read some posts on this forum, like this one, I am kind of amazed out how much time people have to unproductivity

Boniwhite:
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by armyofone(m): 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ask your guests what they would like to eat or have anything special they want you to prepare.

Maybe then they would lick your plates to your liking cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by gwarotango: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
I for one always finish whatever is served me but I always make a point of telling my host not to serve too much food cos I'm a guy who doesn't eat much. Always let your host know how much you can consume in a sitting as this could save them some money on wasted leftovers
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Rebuke: 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
Because they don't want to be seen as someone who hasn't eaten in days.

Last last, na waste dem go waste the food....not everyone has dogs at home to finish off leftovers.

Even some people won't give leftovers to their dogs.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by duro4chang(m): 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
I do finish my own . I can even ask for more. If I do not it can become a waste.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by kachistone: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.

Hahahahaha. Walahi this your post sweet well well.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Sikpa04(m): 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
I no sabi the kind visitors wey de come una house oo but if I come your house, wo I go glutton everything wey you serve me.
Hunger de land oo.
grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by frozen70(f): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:

One have to behave as if he/she wasn't really hungry, do that you don't leave a hungry impression before your host
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by cayorday89(m): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na make dem no talk say person too like food, visited an aunt for the first time and I was served two big Titus fishes, I ended up not finishing one, but somehow I still dey regret why I did that... No blame me sha, for my house na the four children go share just one fish and my mama go still cut small chop unto tasting things....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by manee2(m): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Who still remain food for the buharilized period
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Shame cheesy cheesy cheesy dey catch us small small now !
Chop food finished like say dem wash the plate ! grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by foxxydude: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Not me grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Oppy2k2: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
U see those children, always watching their visitors moves. If u finished the food pere, they will bad mouth u as an hungry person, indirectly, it is becoming our culture. The visitors that finish his food without dropping something for the children is worst. use your brain.

Olorun awa pelu wa o

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Cetrine(f): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
If the visitor finish the food, you go say E clean plate.
E no finish the food, you still dey complain.

Wetin una want ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
PENISgod:
Give them that same food to Goan eat privately and I promise u that plate will Neva remain d same
No mind dem! undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Noblewealth(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
So that they won't be tag as a glutton..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Exodora: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
Most people see it as you don't feed well in your house when you run down everything that is dished out to you in a plate. When you finishes your food in german speaking countries they see it as a compliment that the food is Lecker "delicious'
Once went to my supervisor's house and was served a white rice and stew had to finish the stew even though it was tasteless, I couldn't finish the rice but I had to finish the stew before the woman use me as a case study .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
hakeem4:
So they would think I came to their house to eat Abi?
Are you sure "they" are thinking that? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Boy Spotted Eating Remnant Food From Disposed Takeaway Pack In Niger State / Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? / Gas Safety Tips Everyone Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.