Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? (29464 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Best147(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
It is bad not to finish the food you are served. Whether served by your host or you bought it with your money. It is better to buy the portion you can finish or inform you host to give you a portion of food you can finish. It is BAD TO WASTE FOOD.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
vince96w2:
if you can't finish ask them to reduce it before u start eating..I hate remnant as it will wasted..you can demand for a plate and take the quantity that's fine for you so someone else can eat..But na before Buhari oo..visitors now get to drink only water..even minerals don add money grin
Same here. undecided
Anyone who remain food should be sure I will not serve him or her food in my house again. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Best147(m): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
There is nothing classy about wasting food.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by hahn(m): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.

People always complain I always ask for more grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by aeronot(m): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
If they finish their food lick plate she will be the first to take pishure post am online.. we move
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
fergie001:
Some years ago, I went to a Venerable's house at Elere and was offered Rice.

I was really really hungry but usual nah, left some pieces on the plate. His wife came to clear the stuffs and say ahn ahn, you didn't finish the rice?

Please finish it, We don't have dogs here.
She was being nice to you. .. LOL undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by fergie001: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
She was being nice to you. .. LOL undecided

Nice?

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Areola14(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Not all food been served you eat and finish, depending how close you are to person. Some when you finished the food they served you, one's you left, they start calling you hungry fellow especially when you don't have money to give them after as an appreciation. For example, when you visit you brother that married with kid's. If the wife served you food and you finished the food and when going, nothing to give the kid's... You know our woman, they talk. Mostly I don't eat it or I will never go there for visit.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Philip4564(m): 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
BrainSanitizer:
Why don't you invite people to your house and ask anyone who doesn't finish their food why they didn't finish it?
Before you feed people for 2 weeks, you must have gotten your answer.
grin grin mehn this nairaland too dey toxic with different comments
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
fergie001:
Nice?
Yeah, that was her being nice to you. She was courteous enough to remind you that she didn't have dogs to feed your leftovers to. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by mrksquare: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
I do complete and total justice to food served to me by my host. I hate wastages.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by KIDfurniture(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
The woman who prepared the meal probably destroyed the meal with too much seasoning
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Trustedpronet: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
Try my kind of visitor
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by uckennety(m): 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.

One thing must kill a man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by chrisj2(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
pocohantas:
First, Nigerians heap food too much!!!!

You guys don’t know portion control!

You tell them you want a little and they still heap the food. Swallow be looking like olumo rock on a plate.

No smart cook heaps a sweet food for people. They give you small, watch you rush it and allow you to ask for more. Then they swing their waist to the kitchen to give you more.

That is how stars do.

I was going through the comments until I saw yours. Some of us just don't know how to serve or present food.
Furthermore, if it is proper visitor not just mates or extended family member; the food should be served like a buffet - in small quantities or in pyrex or other containers.

I keep saying this every week to the missus - less is more. Too much in the plate and too much being consumed and sometimes wasted mostly by the kids. If they are still hungry, there are deserts or small snacks to supplement. Even pure orange juice is full glass - why?

Too much meat and drinks and so on and so on - only a glutton will finish and a lot of people have respect for themselves to finish and clean the plates

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
If i am hungry and can finish the food i won't hesitate.
I don't play with issues that concern my stomach..
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by pocohantas(f): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Best147:
It is bad not to finish the food you are served. Whether served by your host or you bought it with your money. It is better to buy the portion you can finish or inform you host to give you a portion of food you can finish. It is BAD TO WASTE FOOD.

It is bad to heap food for a person. It is bad, tacky and classless.

You don’t even know if your food is sweet.
You don’t know if the person eats that food.
You don’t know if the person ate before coming.

You na want to blackmail me into loading calories because you cooked food ba?

The one that makes me mad is when they put rice for plate, na pour plenty stew on top. Why?
Serve them differently, let the person choose the quantity of stew he/she likes.

We have big serving plates for a reason. That is where bulk food should be, not in an individual plate.

This nonsense should end in Amukoko. Except he/she just came out of prison, keep your 2 dericas of rice in your kitchen. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Akalia(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.
Put your gluttony under check Mr.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by okpalaAnambra: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
TripleOh7:
How is this on homepage?

I don't even understand this Nairaland anymore.

It seems Seun is bored with his creation and he has left if on autopilot.

With all the terrible grammar and all, this made homepage.

Na wa o.
Busy body, nothing with this on FP or u prefer to see naked body of Tontolet kiss undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by okpalaAnambra: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:
Personally, if i gv a visitor food and he or she finishes it, i like it. Makes me feel like the person appreciates my effort of cooking the food. Me i really like it. I will even ask if she or he wants more.
Same with me, i don't like people remaining food you start looking for where to dispose it
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Sunnydoo: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
I once did that in the home of a rich man who I was teaching their children then in 2002.

After that meal, I was never given another. Then like few months later, their daughter told me the reason after lesson that;" Uncle we don't give u our food anymore because you wasted the one we once served u".

I was like, I only showed I was not a hungry man.

From that experience, I do tell my children to always finish their food to avoid wastage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Skyehigher1: 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

angry

But it was worth it.
,,,, you be bad guy ooo
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by justtruth88miSt(f): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
I will politely tell u to reduce the food that i cant finish it
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by SmartPolician: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
TripleOh7:
How is this on homepage?

I don't even understand this Nairaland anymore.

It seems Seun is bored with his creation and he has left if on autopilot.

With all the terrible grammar and all, this made homepage.
Na wa o.

Nairaland is a forum, meaning that the owner doesn't create its content. The users do. However, they ought to be proofreading and editing every topic that comes to the front page to make it look decent. Seun is a typical Nigerian. Immediately they start making money from something, there's no room for improvement again.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Ndipe(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
They do so perhaps not to appear greedy.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by dododawa1: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
I don't waste food, either outside or inside,it must finished even it take 7days or month,it must FINISH.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Semaj77(m): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.

If the food sweet I dey finish am o , I dey ask for second helping sef
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nackzy: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Not anymore
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by pocohantas(f): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
chrisj2:

I was going through the comments until I saw yours. Some of us just don't know how to serve or present food.
Furthermore, if it is proper visitor not just mates or extended family member; the food should be served like a buffet - in small quantities or in pyrex or other containers.

I keep saying this every week to the missus - less is more. Too much in the plate and too much being consumed and sometimes wasted mostly by the kids. If they are still hungry, there are deserts or small snacks to supplement. Even pure orange juice is full glass - why?

Too much meat and drinks and so on and so on - only a glutton will finish and a lot of people have respect for themselves to finish and clean the plates

Because I have noticed it. It is one reason I don’t eat in people’s houses. Presentation is very poor. I have a terrible OCD, so the tiniest thing sets me off. It could be as tiny as the quantity of food.

I hate big food. I hate big meat too. I have never understood why a piece of meat would be as big as my head. You want your guest to be struggling with meat and pepper will enter their eyes? Or soup will stain their clothes?

Nigerians don’t know how to serve food, yet they want you to eat. Even dogs love well presented food. So annoying!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
because their belly system is not used to the host food

It will require some time before their digestive system will adapt.

Unless the host is a Qualified 5star Michelin Chef. The stomach will have no other choice not to resist the food but accept it and scrape it clean!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by jericco1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
It's only courtesy

Even at quick service restaurants and fine dining restaurants I do remain food. No hassle
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Moso(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

angry

But it was worth it.

This got me rolling on the floor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How I Make Yummy Bread Pizza At Home, Better Than Take Out (Photos, Video) / Young Boy Spotted Eating Remnant Food From Disposed Takeaway Pack In Niger State / Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.