Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? (29457 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 14, 2021
[s]
Boniwhite:
you are free to have an opinion(no doubt) but try to understand the message. My english may be bad but am not a saddist!
mr educationist,mr creativity, mr perfectionist, know it all! your excellency(sic)
too bad you had to be this bitter!
[/s]

I can understand why you're bitter. The fault is not yours though and if you can read very well (which I doubt) you'll see I didn't blame you.

It's your right to open thread, but the moderator who doesn't understand that the homepage sells the forum to non-forum members and pushes just about any post unto the homepage is the one with the fault here, not you.

The least they could have done is to help you reword the title if they have to push you to homepage. It was still in it's first page when the moderator put it here. Maybe you know the moderator or bribed him or something.

Anyway, don't take it personally or as if it's a direct attack on your person.

Not everyone who will critique your work is your enemy or a sadist.

(By the way, you should learn when and how to use the term (sic) in a statement).
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by tonychris22: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2021
Boniwhite:
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.

The remainder is for the gods
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by icejoel(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2021
Make you no feel say Na hungry make them come ya house
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by emezuo17: 7:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
It is very important not to finish the meal you're served as a visitor undecided. E get why undecided. No go fall your hand because of say you dey hungry lipsrsealed. Hunger at it's best can still be controlled...... Leave small thing for your ancestors lipsrsealed. No be wetin dem talk for your presence nai matter,but na wetin dem go talk after you clean the plate finish and comot nai matter lipsrsealed.

So my fellow visitors, always use your brains.
. If I go to a friend's house and I am served food, by mere looking at the food I will know if I can finish it or not, what I normally do is to insist the food be reduced before eating, most people close to me know I have a very low appetite, I hate to waste food right from when I was a kid, moreover my parents were teachers, so you do the maths
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2021
Boniwhite:
Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.

courtesy i guess... me i dey finish am, dey ask for another round
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Equity15(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
How is this on homepage?

I don't even understand this Nairaland anymore.

It seems Seun is bored with his creation and he has left if on autopilot.

With all the terrible grammar and all, this made homepage.

Na wa o.
so it should not make front page because of the grammar? This isn't a news headline/thread. Abeg pack one side
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by kechywillz(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.
Lol...is this nwamamikpe,we have missed you
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by MagdalenaAguila: 11:00am On Oct 14, 2021
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by fizzycozy(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2021
NO MIND THEM OOO. IF THEM FIT CHOP THE PLATE THEM GO RUN AM.

NA FORMINZ DEY KILL US FOR THIS COUNTRY
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
[s][/s]

I can understand why you're bitter. The fault is not yours though and if you can read very well (which I doubt) you'll see I didn't blame you.

It's your right to open thread, but the moderator who doesn't understand that the homepage sells the forum to non-forum members and pushes just about any post unto the homepage is the one with the fault here, not you.

The least they could have done is to help you reword the title if they have to push you to homepage. It was still in it's first page when the moderator put it here. Maybe you know the moderator or bribed him or something.

Anyway, don't take it personally or as if it's a direct attack on your person.

Not everyone who will critique your work is your enemy or a sadist.

(By the way, you should learn when and how to use the term (sic) in a statement).
I understand you better now,thank you!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
Boniwhite:
I understand you better now,thank you!

You welcome.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
[s]
Equity15:
so it should not make front page because of the grammar? This isn't a news headline/thread. Abeg pack one side
[/s]

I have noticed you. You can run along now.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2021
frozen70:

One have to behave as if he/she wasn't really hungry, do that you don't leave a hungry impression before your host
same with me
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2021
Cetrine:
If the visitor finish the food, you go say E clean plate.
E no finish the food, you still dey complain.

Wetin una want ?
anty dey mata dey dicey
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2021
MikkySexy23:
In most our cultures, we has been taught to leave food so you don't appear hungry while visiting. It has stuck to our medulla,so we would continue doing it.
Is it right? IMO, I would say Yes. It inculcates good manners, especially in young ones. For grown adults, you might break this rule, in particular when you are visiting a close relation or friends
A detailed explaination,thank you!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Nauttyprof:
I do not think this is applicable now. Anybody who tries to serve meal at this time to visitors should expect them to finish the plate and even ask for more if possible.

I remember a day when we tested a visitor and he never disappointed. The plate was full to the brim and we even questioned ourselves if this visitor could finish the meal. To our surprise or even expectation, this man took his time, adjusted his belt and finished every grain of rice.

We gave him a nickname as this experience stay glued in our memory.

Country is hard and I don't think anyone will want to leave part of the food served to you.
that was hilarious
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2021
Dronedude:
Na our parents cause am. Even now as adults, people still visualize their mother cutting them eye when offered food.
I dey tell u
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Goldiness:

In the past, as a visitor, if you eat all your food, you may be teamed as a glutton or long throwth, that was then, now if food is served you, you are expected to finish it all as things are not easy food wise, effort is put into a good meal, so you can't just eat and remain the food.

But on the other hand, if a food is not properly cooked, in a home or in an occasion, people will not even eat it well, or they remain half way.
Thank you for giving a balanced&detailed opinion.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:51am On Oct 17, 2021
greggng:
It a sign that someone was well brought up . Endomie children of nowadays don't know the significant of doing that . It simply means that hunger was not the main reason why they visited . It goes along way to prove what God said in the bible....man shall not live by bread alone ...aside food their are other things that matters in life ....infact , is a way of telling your host that you have food in your house ....you are actually doing him a favour by eating their food ...if you finish the food, you will be used as a play thing by your host .
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Delicious ISIEWU Recipe, What Do You Think? ( Pics& Video). / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake / See How I Make Yummy Bread Pizza At Home, Better Than Take Out (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.