Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? (29461 Views)

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Penis Seen Inside Food Served In Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What A Lady Ordered In A Nigerian Restaurant, And What They Served Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Oblongata: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
@ mynd 44, @lalasticlala @seun

The topic should be:

Why don’t most Nigerian visitors finish the food served to them?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Mafoooo: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2021
I don't like eating food that is not prepare in my presence , my mind will not me rest
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by pocohantas(f): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kondomatic:
Give people food so that they will eat and be filled. Wetin be your own sef?

You can sway your waist anyhow you like when you clear the table.
Most visitors won't ask for more even if they're starving.

If you serve me pounded yam and I can still see the person sitting before me, I am not eating.

Lol. Later you will develop pot bellies and blame your village people. They should at least give you the opportunity to take the quantity you want- a buffet kinda setting. In the absence of that, a little at a time biko. cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Ajiboye592(m): 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Can't a grin stop laughing � � I like u jawe

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

Infact one time my grandmother had to slap sense into me.

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

Imagine my Granny thinking I would say NO. grin

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by chrisj2(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Some folks will give plenty food to their visitors and then their children will be eating scraps especially meats.
Also why do we eat some much meat and cut them so big? Moreover, why do some adults think they should eat the best foods with lots of meats while their children eat little?

All that nonsense of overfeeding the man of the house - what is that all about?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Ajiboye592(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
me if I visit you and u serve me delicious rice and beans tongue tongue if I no finish am make I bend [color=#006600][/color]

Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Ajiboye592(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
me if I visit you and u serve me delicious rice and beans tongue tongue if I no finish am make I bend

Dear nairalanders,i was having a conversation with a family friend last week.
and she said,she doesn like visitors remaining food served to them. then i told her there is nothing wrong in finishing the food served to you by your host! So am seeking your opinion,
is it wrong to finish food serve to you by your host? Like wont they (your host)look at you as a glutton? Lets hear from you guys.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Jamesefkah: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
When you finish the food its a sign that the food is not enough and you need more. So it's best is you don't finish it
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by chrisj2(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
chrisj2:
Some folks will give plenty food to their visitors and then their children will be eating scraps especially meats.
Also why do we eat some much meat and cut them so big? Moreover, why do some adults think they should eat the best foods with lots of meats while their children eat little?

All that nonsense of overfeeding the man of the house - what is that all about?

* I had the unfortunate situation of visiting a close family in Ibadan from a village; to catch up after years abroad. I bought the family all sorts of things including bread and dry foods. I was given a hearty meal by the missus - I am not a foodie type or Nja food type but ate some anyways.

I was mortified when the children arrived from school hungry and the mother gave them the bread I bought and gave them black eye beans to pick for cooking... When I told my motheron return to the village, she said the moin moin I bought for her and siblings should have been left for the children or I should have bought them cooked food as well... Terrible! I felt awful eating the food...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kooldame: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
If you offer me Shawarma and Pepsicola I WILL FINISH IT
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Testimony1988(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You cannot serve me Ofe-Akwu with salted, well cooked foreign rice and goat meat; then expect something to remain.

angry

When we went to the house of her "enemy" on Easter Sunday. The devilish woman offered me freshly cooked Ofe-Akwu and White Rice with Big Fish.

I just did small sign of the cross, then proceeded to demolish the food in such a way, that my granny was so bitter looking at me.

On the road back to our house, she remove her koi-koi shoe use am reset my brain.

But it was worth it.
hahaha.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Testimony1988(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
I don't see anything wrong there, unless the visitor says the food served is much, then I will reduce it to the level he or she can finish it.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Johnsown1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
I hate that shakara of a thing, especially when I take a gal to a fast food jointand she eat half and remain half for her ancestor; for me that will be the end of the going out to eat. It's either you finish the food or you don't request for it at all and talk more of my visitor. I will never serve you food again in my house.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by deepdeep(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
If you jam better food, you no go wan waste am wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Lance7621: 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

angry

But it was worth it.

What doesn't kill a man makes him stronger. Congrats my gee, you now a real man. Will you marry a lovely lady like me?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Respect55(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
It's a way of telling your host that the food served is more than enough. If you finish it, it will look like it wasn't enough..
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Blake755: 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
grin grin

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by citee(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na forming dey cause am. If the food sweet me no dey remain o, abeg i no fit shout!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Forthepeople21(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Because Nigerian food is full of oil. Swimming in oil I should say. This is not a normal thing outside in any other country
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
inoki247:
Which one be Most Nigerian aw u take du d censors U don invite me to ur house before to confirm...
Yea it should be some&not most. Will work on that next time,thank you
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Yankee101: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Shame
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by enemyofprogress: 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
I’ve never chopped food remain in my life, food no dey belleful me
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

Busy body, nothing with this on FP or u prefer to see naked body of Tontolet kiss undecided
[/s]

That's my opinion. You can choke on it if you so will.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
TripleOh7:
How is this on homepage?

I don't even understand this Nairaland anymore.

It seems Seun is bored with his creation and he has left if on autopilot.

With all the terrible grammar and all, this made homepage.

Na wa o.
you are free to have an opinion(no doubt) but try to understand the message. My english may be bad but am not a saddist!
mr educationist,mr creativity, mr perfectionist, know it all! your excellency(sic)
too bad you had to be this bitter!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
Oblongata:
@ mynd 44, @lalasticlala @seun

The topic should be:

Why don’t most Nigerian visitors finish the food served to them?
thank you for the correction
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by AkaraAndBread: 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
Boniwhite:
It could be a courtesy thing

Who courtesy don epp

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by drightguy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
I nor come chop only food.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Boniwhite: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
Johnsown1:
I hate that shakara of a thing, especially when I take a gal to a fast food jointand she eat half and remain half for her ancestor; for me that will be the end of the going out to eat. It's either you finish the food or you don't request for it at all and talk more of my visitor. I will never serve you food again in my house.
if you look at it closely it is a dicey situation. You could go left or right so you may be correct.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by deavicky(m): 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
First you don't know if they are hungry
Second you don't know his stomach capacity
3 you don't know if he does not like what u served him.
Me generally I don't like remaining food when served outside my home because I know most probably it will be trashed. But if I tell them to serve me the quantity I can finish they will be feeling like I don want to eat their food. I like my meal very small like the size of a 12 years old girls meal.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by sinola(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
So thst you'll look like you've bn starved
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Oct 14, 2021
jericco1:
It's only courtesy

Even at quick service restaurants and fine dining restaurants I do remain food. No hassle
Where in the world is wasting of food regarded as courtesy? Courtesy to whom? undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Odichi:
Eye service. So you will tag them, hungry.
Eye service na wetin someone come tag say na courtesy. . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How I Make Yummy Bread Pizza At Home, Better Than Take Out (Photos, Video) / Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? / Young Boy Spotted Eating Remnant Food From Disposed Takeaway Pack In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.