Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards (21808 Views)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / Benue Flood Victim Delivered Of Triplets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Justbehave(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
reddingtonblack:

Then we are left with movies stars & commedians shey, make i shock you
1-10 of highest paid actors consisted of males, RMD, desmond, jim iyke, mokeme,segun arinze, ezunroye, mr ibu, ramsey, nkem okoh, pete edochie before we now have a evening newspaper like rita dominic @ 11.
Lets not even go to comedians, like i said real fact above your facts won't be this nice next time
So how does all these female actors buy expensive cars and build mansions? While the men can't even pay their bills.

4 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
Owen247:
I can recall , i said its my opinion sha. But u havent ansad my question

What question?
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Meaning what? It takes a rare breed of woman and unique set of circumstances to overcome societal traditions and culture and programming and expectations and rise to the top

To allude women's decision to not aspire to certain positions and heights to societal conditioning is just too intangible.

How can that be measured?

How have you reached that conclusion?

So if a woman says "I'm not running for the office of the President because society doesn't expect me to" do you think she still has any right to scream marginalisation?

No, she doesn't. Because her limitation is in her head, and there is nothing in the real sense stopping her from breaking free of it.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by advanceDNA: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The word is "systemically" not "systematically". The very system (culture, traditions, expectations. conditioning, etc) excludes them right from birth and even b4 birth. Your example of male nurses is a good example - the same "thing" that excludes men from nursing also excludes women from those other jobs and it is actually stronger than a law, not because nursing is so hard!

All you have is fallacy...from birth?....culture??,,,,,what culture, what tradition?? this is not 1945 where there are no tampons, and culture/ society prevented women from doing almost everything... you are just sounding like you are reading...

no body or culture is stopping anyone...again this is 2021....if men want to become nurses they would....most men dont just like nursing... its that simple....
women that want to be CEOs and leaders should go ahead and stop claiming culture and men are hindering them... this is 2021 for fvcking crying out loud

7 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by advanceDNA: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

To allude women's decision to not aspire to certain positions and heights to societal conditioning is just too intangible.

So if a woman says "I'm not running for the office of the President because society doesn't expect me to" do you think she still has any right to scream marginalisation?

No, she doesn't. Because her limitation is in her head, and there is nothing in the real sense stopping her from breaking free of it.

they are just bunch of cry babies...there's no point arguing this matter... until all the men drop dead in the world...women will keep playing the victim card.... The only way for them to level the playing field is to incapacitate men...They dont want to compete

5 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Learn meaning of the word "systemic". The prevention is systemic. The evidence is in the results. Any desirable sicietal achievement you see lopsidedly excluding one group is evidence of systemic exclusion.
Example, you may say all one needs is pass an exam to get in - ignoring that some people have been systemically programmed to fail the exam.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by obynokoko: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bro you made my day by saying the truth.pls collect one bottle of drink on my behalf.thanks
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
advanceDNA:

they are just bunch of cry babies...there's no point arguing this matter... until all the men drop dead in the world...women will keep playing the victim card.... The only way for them to level the playing field is to incapacitate men...They dont want to compete

I mean. I'm honestly trying to get what the real issue is.

Been reading through comments on the thread, can't find one logical case-study, except perhaps one person who mentioned the case of girls in the North... and girls in certain other parts of the underdeveloped world.

But those situations are now isolated cases, and don't speak to what's generally obtainable.

7 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Trex4(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Been reading through comments on the thread, can't find one logical case-study, except perhaps one person who mentioned the case of girls in the North... and girls in certain other parts of the underdeveloped world.

But those situations are now isolated cases, and don't speak to what's generally obtainable.
No offence are you really a woman?

4 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Trex4(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Learn meaning of the word "systemic". The prevention is systemic. The evidence is in the results. Any desirable sicietal achievement you see lopsidedly excluding one group is evidence of systemic exclusion.
Example, you may say all one needs is pass an exam to get in - ignoring that some people have been systemically programmed to fail the exam.
How are some people systematically programmed to fail the exam? Give examples.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
advanceDNA:

All you have is fallacy...from birth?....culture??,,,,,what culture, what tradition?? this is not 1945 where there are no tampons, and culture/ society prevented women from doing almost everything... you are just sounding like you are reading...

no body or culture is stopping anyone...again this is 2021....if men want to become nurses they would....most men dont just like nursing... its that simple....
women that want to be CEOs and leaders should go ahead and stop claiming culture and men are hindering them... this is 2021 for fvcking crying out loud

I don't think you know the meaning of fallacy. So why don't men become nurses which is in high demand instead of being unemployed? Nursing is a JOB and there is no part of it a man can't do very well. It is not the job, it is tradition and societal conditioning and expectations - same things that have women excluded from so many career paths in Nigerian society. It is like saying all one needs is pass an exam to get in - ignoring that some people have been systemically programmed to fail the exam or not even apply to take the exam. Evidence of systemic exclusion is in the result

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Godoverevery: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
FreeIgboho:

And the question is who are the people who program them to fail

Is it the men that tell the girl child all she needs is to get a rich man and that all??

The female have themselves to blame for this and not we men..

Nothing will be handed over to you....you must fight for it because that life.

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by badman007(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Favfables:

Please enlighten us sir badman007...
How have religion been bias to women in this 21st century??

Who & what do you think gave Yusuf the right to slap his wife?

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

You still haven't answered the question. Either you are deliberately dodging it or you are dumb.

Why has she not addressed the lopsided pay gap in her sector first before addressing the ones elsewhere??

Nigerian actresses are not paid more than their male
Counterparts. What lopsided pay gap is she supposed to be addressing?

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by JayCynic(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The very system (culture, traditions, expectations. conditioning, etc) excludes them right from birth and even b4 birth. Male nurses is a good example - the same "thing" that excludes men from nursing also marginalizes women and excludes them from those other jobs, not because nursing is so hard!

Bullshit
There's nothing that excludes men from nursing, all you have to do to be a nurse is apply for an SON exams, get good grades, pass the interview, study for three years and come out with good grades and viola you're an RN.

Most men just don't want to be nurses because they just don't want to be nurses. Period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Justbehave(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

The truth of the matter is nobody is marginalizing women.
Laziness and entitlement mentality has eaten deep into so many of them.
We all watched how Whitemoney handled the kitchen throughout the BBN and non of the ladies there could even complain about it,or cook a decent meal but you never heard Ini Edo and all the feminists crying and shouting that he marginalized them.
What do women even want? They want to annihilate all the male genders? Tufiakwa.

6 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
Oh I gave you an example and suddenly it doesn’t apply.

The people who don’t know y’all’s gaslighting techniques na the people I dey pity.
If it’s happening right in front of you, you will still deny and try to make anyone who talks about it out to be a liar.

Relative to your present world, can your sisters inherit your father’s property that is located in the family compound passed down from great grandfather to grandfather to your father?
Because if yours can, in many parts of Nigeria, others cannot. Even though there’s no law that prevents women from inheritance, it still happens which means the law is not the problem but the underlying mindset and beliefs about women’s place in society.

Is that relative enough for your present world? Or do you need more examples so that you can gaslight your way out of acknowledging the truth?
reddingtonblack:

We are talking about the current world, not the epic world you read about, infact in today's world a lot of wives are acting landladies even before their husband died
in today's world, wives cut off their husband's family even when the man is still alive, will or no will let's be sincere most barbaric customs have been overruled to the barest minimum.
If you insist women are being marginalized, in what ? how? relative to our present world

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
Godoverevery:

And the question is who are the people who program them to fail

Is it the men that tell the girl child all she needs is to get a rich man and that all??

The female have themselves to blame for this and not we men..

Nothing will be handed over to you....you must fight for it because that life.

And that's why they are crying marginalization yet you are saying they are not marginalised, when the results clearly shows THEY ARE! The females are not be blamed. The paternalistic society is to be blamed and needs to be reformed and that is what they are fighting for. Nobody is asking you to hand over anything
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by oshaosha2014(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
I think the fact that they don't have a dick is the core problem.

Justbehave:
The truth of the matter is nobody is marginalizing women.
Laziness and entitlement mentality has eaten deep into so many of them.
We all watched how Whitemoney handled the kitchen throughout the BBN and non of the ladies there could even complain about it,or cook a decent meal but you never heard Ini Edo and all the feminists crying and shouting that he marginalized them.
What do women even want? They want to annihilate all the male genders? Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Justbehave(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
oshaosha2014:
I think the fact that they don't have a dick is the core problem.

grin We are not stingy. Let them ask politely nah.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

How is the north an isolated case when their population is almost a third of the country . A country of over 200 million people?

Because no one stopped you from going to school and getting a job doesn’t mean inequality has stopped being a problem in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by kkonyeji(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Exactly what my dad would say for our house help when she was in the university.
"I don't want her to be vulnerable to men" bla bla bla

Did it still stop some of them from bring vulnerable cos of their love for money?

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
badman007:

Who & what do you think gave Yusuf the right to slap his wife?

Half of them on that thread wanted to know what she did to warrant the slap, knowing very well that they wouldn’t be asking that question if the wife was the one who made that post.

Yet we are here debating if the Nigerian society has an issue with women or not.

Next up let’s debate if the sky is blue or gold undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by DoggoneDogg: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
[s]
cococandy:

Nigerian actresses are not paid more than their male
Counterparts. What lopsided pay gap is she supposed to be addressing?
[/s]

I don't have time for dumb debates.
Good night abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by angelfallz(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lol they are not the exceptions. Those are just a few that I know. There are millions of other women making it.

FreeIgboho:

And these are the exceptions. What percentage of the populace are these? Like I said, it takes the rare woman and circumstances to be able to rise above the conditioning and exoectations

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by oshaosha2014(m): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
Exactly what is happening to most men in the developed countries. Many of them now reason like girls. They have been totally feminized and emasculated. That is where the female African counterpart is trying to drive everybody to, through emotional manipulation. Despite all the powers given to females over males in the western world they still have radical feminism there. Men are always the problem even though all their rights have been stripped off them. It is worse when the men their getting married. It is like they are signing off their lives to some emotional unstable being with the power to manipulate even their government to do their biddings. Men are in trouble but they don't know.

BigBellyBurst:
Actually the op's right.

Women are actually enjoying life, but the more you have the more you want which is what is happening.

I have never seen a woman push truck, pack dirt, heave a full 12kg gas can, work in the coal mine and all those other "hard" work. And it's not like u see anyone stopping them from doing, they don't want to do it because they know deep down that they can't do those kind of jobs.

The marginalization they talk about is all part of the agenda. The society and women do not mean well for men at all.
The marginalization is a manipulative plea from the women to have the society swing it's last and most brutal blade of punishment on men, to take the privilege we have without working for it, to render the men totally useless effortlessly, whilst having backing from the society, so that they can laugh among themselves and control men.

From what I see, the agenda is out to brainwash these women and many of them buy it because they are agreeable beings.

The future looks bleak.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
JayCynic:

Bullshit
There's nothing that excludes men from nursing, all you have to do to be a nurse is apply for an SON exams, get good grades, pass the interview, study for three years and come out with good grades and viola you're an RN.

Most men just don't want to be nurses because they just don't want to be nurses. Period

See! You just hit the answer. Read your last statement again. See how it makes no sense? What led to them not wanting to be nurses but would rather stay unemployed or be doing some filthy job? Therein lies your answer
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by kkonyeji(m): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
Justbehave:
Now I'm beginning to believe mosdii that Nigerian girls are useless including Ini Edo.
They want to have everything just because they have kpekus.

Not possible!
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol they are not the exceptions. Those are just a few that I know. There are millions of other women making it.

Name them. Who are the senatirs and Governors and heads of coporations?
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Justbehave(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
kkonyeji:

Not possible!
That's where they are heading to. They don't want to compete with men but want equa right just because they are women.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by SeaTrade(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
CSTR2:

They are in engineering now o.

Go to Coren, Dem plenty.

The head of project at dangote refinery is a young Nigerian female chemical engineer.

I don't even think she is married yet.
Head of project? undecided
You don't know what you are saying.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by crackhaus: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

You know you've not said anything, yeah?

How has the paternalistic society stopped women from aspiring to be Presidentz et al?

FreeIgboho:

By conditioning and expectations, that's how. Human beings don't aspire to things you've conditioned them to believe from childhood is beyond them. Only the rare woman indeed can overcome such conditioning

PrimadonnaO:

This is quite intangible.
Lmao... cheesy

Intangible is a good word... But I prefer another.

I was reading the comment and all I could ask myself is, what kind of "fuckxplanation" is this?

You ask someone how women are being marginalized and what is stopping them from aspiring to anything they desire.

They respond by telling you that women are not really marginalized, but the reason they can't aspire to certain things is because they've been conditioned NOT to.

Like seriously?
As big as these women are? At their age?
So they already know they're conditioned and still they have refused to uncondition themselves OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE doing so will mean they can't claim victimhood anymore.

Well, I guess it's so much easier to have no ambition besides being a man's wife and effectively hiding it behind the claim that patriarchy is the reason for this lack of ambition. cheesy

Such blatant lack of personal responsibility for their own lives being masqueraded as feminism and women's rights.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / A Nairalander And His Late Mother (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.