Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (33260 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Malawian(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2021
First son? Well 60% of first sons are not fathered by their supposed fathers. It is possible your elder brother knows the truth of his paternity and is using it to blackmail your mom.

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by femi4: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!
It's too late to change him, just keep praying for him...he lacks sense of responsibility

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by victorazy(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!

Calm down my brother, I know how disappointed and heartbroken you feel.

I must tell you! Is not his fault. Is called foundational powers, it falls on first sons. It would have affected you if your the first son.

The signs:
1. They womanize & women like them
2. They can never be trusted in business as they must cheat you.
3. You can not trust your money in their hands
4. They can owe
5. They can sell any sellable
6. They can be stubborn
7. They are intelligent but latent
8. Helpers always come their ways but never blend well with them. Etc

You have to pity him, he needs your prayers.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Bowwow11(m): 9:40am On Oct 14, 2021
To tink that he his now the first son of the family and a judas for that matter make una just dey manage him like that
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by victorazy(m): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2021
Malawian:
First son? Well 60% of first sons are not fathered by their supposed fathers. It is possible your elder brother knows the truth of his paternity and is using it to blackmail your mom.

Is far from it.

Most first sons are affected by foundational powers, is too strong than you can imaging it because it does not need your permittion or believe to operate.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by lookingfly: 9:44am On Oct 14, 2021
Evercurious:

Thank you so much... mine tried one of those his useless attitudes when I came visiting. I had to get him arrested and he was given proper beating and was made to sign an undertaking. Nobody tell am, he left the house by himself . If my parents like, they shld re admit him again.. That's their problem. I have even cut off from them all
this is the way to go jare...... suffering is the only brain setter. You too much. kiss
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by seyz91(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2021
cheesy
DaddyRochie1642:
That's how it starts,

The next thing na, you'll start thinking of ways on how you'll "Poison that your brother"
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by BarrElChapo(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

I tell you most solemnly, your parents have a hand in the way he turned out.. was his excesses accommodated in the past ?

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by ImaIma1(f): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2021
frozen70:

Is very unfortunate for him to be behaving like a prodigal son at that over ripe age

You guys must learn from his mistakes and move on with out him being am obstacles to you his siblings

Don't give him the time and attention he needs from you people, because he will capitalize on seniority for you guys

Just move on but be prepared for the trouble he may pose for you people as he grows old unless he is married then, his wife may be the one to correct his madness

As for your mum, no woman can leave her child just like that,even if the child is tied to a stake for police shooting she will still love that child, unless not a biological mother

Don't be surprise, that his Animalistic behavior has already affected your mum emotionally

Just don't give him the opportunity to intimidate or harras any one of you, you guys must team up against him when that time comes

Lastly, put away your family landed properties documents hope you know why ?

Sadly enough, such people have issues dating because of their lack of emotional intelligence. If they find a woman that can be there long enough to marry him, she might become a frustrated wife.

Such people are so familiar to me because I know someone like that. He's now over 50 and still unmarried. He also has a pact with call girls like the OP's brother. He's the first boy. He has so many similarities with the OP's brother. Right now, he's not even on talking terms with his siblings. And he has now gone diabolic on them.

Some family members are really not worth calling family. Sometimes, we have to remove sentiments and act.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2021
Some people choses not to be responsible in life, though I find this more often with last born. Just let him be, he will realise his senses when your parents are no more, then it will be too late.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

Are you a male or female?

If you be guy and you dey bad-mouth your brother like so for public.
It no make sense.

You not be guy man at all.
So if na woman im dey badmouth will it be okay?
If his story is true then it's obvious he and his family are frustrated. It can be annoying when a child or sibling keeps giving people issue. He brought it here doesn't mean he's badmouthing his brother but he's not happy. I wouldn't ever be happy if I had a brother like that, it can be draining putting up with people like that.

5 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2021
lookingfly:
this is the way to go jare...... suffering is the only brain setter. You too much. kiss

My dear naa so ooh. I even had to buy food specifically and specially for his inmates in the cell to beat him to pulp. He cldnt even walk for 2 days... I even wanted to make sure he is tried and jailed for his actions since has never been allowed to bear the consequences of his actions. My parents had always been preventing that... My mum had to beg and cried for me to withdraw the case so he wont be tried... So he was made to sign an undertaking... I had to even make my parents understand that they shld be ready to wait for another version of that guy if not worse if they tried to favor him far above the other siblings cos he is the first son. But for now, I have cut them all off my life so I can concentrate . But I ve made my point and they know what I can do. Worse case scenario, I burn down everything. I cant work and then contribute to the growth of the family, financially, emotionally and otherwise a riffraff that calls himself my brother will be feeling and acting so entitled cos he is the first son.I ve told them told them to rather give me the present value of all that I ve invested and entitled if they dont want trouble in that house since they feel females dont ve any say when it comes to inheritance. Well my dad isnt taking sides with my mum shaa. I know I can only relate to with my dad for now and NEVER my mum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

Sadly enough, such people have issues dating because of their lack of emotional intelligence. If they find a woman that can be there long enough to marry him, she might become a frustrated wife.

Such people are so familiar to me because I know someone like that. He's now over 50 and still unmarried. He also has a pact with call girls like the OP's brother. He's the first boy. He has so many similarities with the OP's brother. Right now, he's not even on talking terms with his siblings. And he has now gone diabolic on them.

Some family members are really not worth calling family. Sometimes, we have to remove sentiments and act.
You're right. I keep thanking God for the type of siblings I have and the one I am.
The OP and his family are obviously frustrated already.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by horhizah(f): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
That's how it starts,

The next thing na, you'll start thinking of ways on how you'll "Poison that your brother"
Are you sure you you are not disguised as his brother?
Or are you are doing something similar to your parents?

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Elsueno: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2021
LMAO, so people like that exist in other households as well grin

Our neighbors when I was younger had someone like dat grin, but he isn't d first son sha
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by KiNg0G: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

So if na woman im dey badmouth will it be okay?
If his story is true then it's obvious he and his family are frustrated. It can be annoying when a child or sibling keeps giving people issue. He brought it here doesn't mean he's badmouthing his brother but he's not happy. I wouldn't ever be happy if I had a brother like that, it can be draining putting up with people like that.

After Money, na family.

I can never bad mouth my blood when I don chop food with for him back.

Instead I talk am for him front....then we go fight better fight .

That's what makes me a man.

No sugarcoating....and no bad belle spoiling
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Squillionaire: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

Seriously some people are really sick in the mind just like the guy you quoted.

Allow them to run their mouth...they have no idea how deep it hurts. For a moment, I thought you were describing two of my relatives.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Harrykn: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2021
Why y’all hating.
According to text, he is smart and intelligent and makes lot of money, A PhD student @35.
It’s still the parent’s responsibility to take care of him, other siblings can huge transformer if they don’t like it that way and besides you’ve forgotten to list his good deeds to portray that since you came to existence he has never done anything good.
Rest Jare, you don’t know what is going on and don’t disturb that guy again. If you can afford leaving the house for him please do and allow him stay there in peace.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Smartb0y: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2021
victorazy:

I must tell you! Is not his fault. Is called foundational powers, it falls on first sons. It would have affected you if your the first son.

The signs:
4. They can owe
6. They can be stubborn

what he's got is a personality disorder. prayer won't solve shit,cuz you know what "people dont really change"
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by SeriouslySense(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2021
You are simply wasting your Life, focusing the negative things from your brother, why don't you focus on things that will lift your spirit. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2021
This one might marry later on and probably not give his wife and children peace, not provide not stay faithful.
He's a grown man who has his money, what is he still doing in that house? I pray he doesn't become violent to the point that he'd try to harm you, your siblings and parents.
Na him type they sell property after the demise of the parents and then go ahead to maltreat and deprive his siblings of their share of whatever is left.
I pity you all and the woman he'll marry sha.
You guys can request he leaves the house but I hope he won't hurt you.
A cheat, a liar, irresponsible, insensitive and unreasonable one. Too much bad traits in one person. Just too toxic.

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2021
Harrykn:
Why y’all hating.
According to text, he is smart and intelligent and makes lot of money, A PhD student @35.
It’s still the parent’s responsibility to take care of him, other siblings can huge transformer if they don’t like it that way and besides you’ve forgotten to list his good deeds to portray that since you came to existence he has never done anything good.
Rest Jare, you don’t know what is going on and don’t disturb that guy again. If you can afford leaving the house for him please do and allow him stay there in peace.

PATHETIC YOU

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Harrykn: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2021
victorazy:

The signs:
4. They can owe
6. They can be stubborn

Finally other kids after the firstborns are saints, hahahahah. You don’t know what is going on.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by CyberWolf: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

We've done that severally. When we were growing up our dad nearly flogged him to his death and decided not to touch him anymore. We're just unfortunate to have him. Funny enough he's very smart and intelligent and makes money but character and behaviour is just zero.
What he needs is a good wife. You guys should get a wife for him and all that will end. Had a brother like that too, first son too and just same thing, later got a wife for him and all that ended. Unfortunately, we lost him last year to heart attack.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

After Money, na family.

I can never bad mouth my blood when I don chop food with for him back.

Instead I talk am for him front....then we go fight better fight .
But you read that they have spoken to him countless times. There are people who are so stubborn o. It'd take a whole lot for a kleptomaniac to quit stealing. He is simply unwilling to change and the Op needs help, how else would he get help if he doesn't tell people his brother's personality traits? This isn't badmouthing to me sha but if it is, there wouldn't be need for this if he was well-behaved.

That's what makes me a man.

No sugarcoating....and no bad belle spoiling
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by kiddkash(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

Are you a male or female?

If you be guy and you dey bad-mouth your brother like so for public.
It no make sense.

You not be guy man at all.
be it as it may, the person isn't happy seeing a member of their family especially a very smart one
just languishing and wasting away everyday.

the person needs help to bring joy into their family from anywhere possible

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by pakirisuitesphc(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2021
OK, but they should not chase him out of the house, when the right time come he will settle down, still thank your God that your brother is not into violence or other dangerous vices. The whole family should keep guiding him in love. Nothing really to worry about
Mybrotheralso:

My dad instead not my mom but he's ready to let him go now
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by kiddkash(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business
even after the person complains that he keeps been hospitalized because of reckless driving.

they are not happy because no one is happy when they see a family member languishing and wasting away.

its your type, if they abandon their brother in hospital, you'll come and say see family doing very well while they abandoned their family member in hospital to die

4 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
People always hate what they can't have... undecided
Why don't you mind your business and face your own family...

he is 35 years old and he is your elder brother give him respect and focus all these energy and improve your life...

So how's he being disrespected here? Na wa for your thought process
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Ten06(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2021
Your own is good that he has business and he is also pursuing his PhD.
Mine has gotten his OND but doesn't know anything, he lives with my mom, he doesn't work and does not help in house chores. All what he does is to finish the pot of soup and watch TV or go out to drink beer.

If you try to advise him you will regret it because he will tell you that he knows more than you and will quote any half verse of the Bible to counter you

4 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by osazsky(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2021
If he has a serious girlfriend give me her numb or give her numb to his best friend..when him guy dey peel him girl puna I swear he must get sense or take him to the nearest white garment church for flogging.. he is an adult physical flogging can not take this spirit away only spiritual flogging fasting and prayer can end this..then tell your dad to throw his things outside and lock him outside...remove emotion..I repeat lock him outside how can a 35 years old still be leaving with his parents no parent deserves to go tru this trauma and 35 still leaving with parents and you see nothing wrong with this..we way commot for 24 years we nerver still make am finish.how can a guy still be fed by parents at 35 years in nigeria..this is d first time I am hearing of this since my over 37 years in life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage / DNA Test, I Am Scared / UNICAL Graduate Who Died Few Days To Her Wedding,buried In Her Wedding Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.