Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (33254 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by ugotaya: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!

You an d your family need not to worry because you have pushed him so far in life with your love and care, Now just give him some few more years when he will have his own family then his brain will auto reset but you and your other siblings should make sure that your father write a WILL before he passes on so in the near future there will be no problem. He has an entitlement problem but as i said he will soon marry his equal.
Never the less continue to show him love while is he still around you guys. life is not balance but you can weight it equally to what you have at hand.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2021
pakirisuitesphc:
Don't blame your brother, I think is your mum's pampering that is causing it.
My dad instead not my mom but he's ready to let him go now
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:09am On Oct 14, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Please make sure you give your sister in law this information when she is about to get married to your brother so that she will know what she is getting herself into. If she decides to settle with him even after knowing these things, then it will be her headache not yours
Lol, the woman in his life knows him to this extent
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by oshaosha2014(m): 9:10am On Oct 14, 2021
Just be praying heartfelt prayers for your brother since you guys have used other methods and it didn't work. Prayers work but you won't know the way and many it will work. JUST PRAY FOR HIM.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Sundrus: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2021
OP I understand ur pain. Just leave am. nature go take e course. If we start to narrate our own experience with siblings & relatives, u sef go see say ur own experience dey learn work. Seriously, I wish say I get brother wey dey half as good as this ur brother.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business

YOU AND ALL THOSE THAT LIKED YOUR COMMENT ARE ALL PATHETIC FOOLS... Just imagine this type of stupid mentality... This is one of the DEVILISH and stupid mentality you all have as first sons in igboland... Useless boys that call themselves men.. God knows my own brother sense don reset. Nobody tell am... All these igbo parents especially mothers that cause all this unnecessary problem in the home and then turn around to say that there is trouble in the home... Pathetic things

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by lookingfly: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!
it's glaring your parents over pampered him because he was the first child and spoilt him which they're still doing today......I don't blame him, i blame your parents. The simple solution is kicking him out of the house and let your parents write their will without he's name. When he hustle out there, he would come to terms with reality. All these should be done without pity.

8 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Tgrey(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!
Teach your brother by getting married and move out of the house to start your own life.
Sometimes first born don't have people they look up to.

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2021
Trueteller0147:
I didn't see any offense your brother committed here. He his even going for his PhD and has his own business. You just hate your brother for reason best known to you
Lol, i hate my brother? For what ? I just want the best for him and my parents .

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Anakazo22: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

You don't need a prophet to tell you that this is a spiritual problem, your brother needs serious prayers to break such attitude, this is beyond advising or counselling.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2021
Sundrus:
OP I understand ur pain. Just leave am. nature go take e course. If we start to narrate our own experience with siblings & relatives, u sef go see say ur own experience dey learn work. Seriously, I wish say I get brother wey dey half as good as this ur brother.
Lol, don't wish ooh
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by ImaIma1(f): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

Your mum still serves his food? As what? His wife?

I think he has been made too comfortable and he doesn't feel the need to leave. And obviously been pampered and overindulged. I mean why should your mum still be serving him. Why can't he come back and cook or serve his food himself? Parents try to over-compensate for a child and they end up doing more harm than good to them.

There are some siblings like that. They lack emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, etc. It's best to let them be. If it's possible to take your parents away from there so that he can stay alone, that would be better. Or he should be encouraged to rent his own place and move out; or more like kicked out.

You guys have a lot.on your hands.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Mybrotheralso: 9:14am On Oct 14, 2021
Tgrey:

Teach your brother by getting married and move out of the house to start your own life.
Sometimes first born don't have people they look up to.
I'm married and I haven't stayed in the home for 6 years now except visits

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

Pls dont fool yourself. Just concentrate on yourself and leave your parents to clean up their mess. I tell you the truth... Dont spend your money and time on them cos they re gathering wealth for your brother. Just make sure you collect or gather what is yours and leave them to their fates. I m speaking from experience. IF POSSIBLE AND IF YOU CAN CUT OFF FROM THEM ALL FOR NOW AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME STRESS..... I speak from experience again..

2 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Sundrus: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

Lol, don't wish ooh
guy u no go understand.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by houseontherock: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents.
So pathetic!
Your brother is frustrated, believe me and don't think he's doing fine because he's doing his doctoral program! Doing PhD in Nigeria is very frustrating especially if you do it in a public university with frustrated supervisors and little finding. He may be making money through field work and stuff like that but he's definitely using that money for his own research work unless he's employed or he's fully funded. However, it doesn't excuse his insensitivity because like they say "no be you cause him problem". He should be wise
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by SportsHD: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business
damn, see how a human thinks. What a pity.

7 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your mum still serves his food? As what? His wife?

I think he has been made too comfortable and he doesn't feel the need to leave. And obviously been pampered and overindulged. I mean why should your mum still be serving him. Why can't he come back and cook or serve his food himself? Parents try to over-compensate for a child and they end up doing more harm than good to them.

There are some siblings like that. They lack emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, etc. It's best to let them be. If it's possible to take your parents away from there so that he can stay alone, that would be better. Or he should be encouraged to rent his own place and move out.

You guys have a lot.on your hands.

My dear pls forget some igbo parents that re so annoying... His parents are the problem... Op shld just concentrate on his family and never spend nor invest his time on parents and siblings at all. To be sincere, his parents have fed his elder brother with rubbish. Hence such attitude. They shld all reap the fruits of their labor ( preferring a child above others)

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2021
SportsHD:
damn, see how a human thinks. What a pity.

No mind them. That's how they reason and then turn their sisters as slaves in their parents house. I had to deal with my brother and my parents...

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Picker28: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Some first Born's are like sacrifice To village pple
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2021
houseontherock:

Your brother is frustrated, believe me and don't think he's doing fine because he's doing his doctoral program! Doing PhD in Nigeria is very frustrating especially if you do it in a public university with frustrated supervisors and little finding. He may be making money through field work and stuff like that but he's definitely using that money for his own research work unless he's employed or he's fully funded. However, it doesn't excuse his insensitivity because like they say "no be you cause him problem". He should be wise

IT ISNT FRUSTRATION.. his attitude is well known in igno land ... most first sons behave that way cos they have been over pampered and told that all properties are theirs
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by nairabacks(f): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

If you're family is From Uromi In Edo state, you're only wasting your time. Everything your parents have is his already.

Hope that's not the case ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Caleb91(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
That's how it starts,

The next thing na, you'll start thinking of ways on how you'll "Poison that your brother"
u be FOOL
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by jesmond3945: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

I think it is late now. He is already set in his ways. The best bet is to force him out. Let him start taking responsibilities on his own.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Anakazo22:

You don't need a prophet to tell you that this is a spiritual problem, your brother needs serious prayers to break such attitude, this is beyond advising or counselling.

It osnt any spiritual problem... Over pampering and he has been told that all properties are his... So such breeds selfishness , self centred beliefs and of he sees anyone as a threat to 'his inheritance ' he is ready to kill such person. I had to deal with my eldest brother and my parents cos they re the cause of such

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2021
jesmond3945:
I think it is late now. He is already set in his ways. The best bet is to force him out. Let him start taking responsibilities on his own.

That's it. If only the parents re ready to do that

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by shedy03(m): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

We've done that severally. When we were growing up our dad nearly flogged him to his death and decided not to touch him anymore. We're just unfortunate to have him. Funny enough he's very smart and intelligent and makes money but character and behaviour is just zero.
Get him married, he will come to his senses.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by RoyalTerrorist(m): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2021
Make una leave that man. him go get himself. Just matter of time reality will dawn on him.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2021
lookingfly:
it's glaring your parents over pampered him because he was the first child and spoilt him which they're still doing today......I don't blame him, i blame your parents. The simple solution is kicking him out of the house and let your parents write their will without he's name. When he hustle out there, he would come to terms with reality. All these should be done without pity.

Thank you so much... I mine tried one of those his useless attitudes when I came visiting. I had to get him arrested and he was given proper beating and was made to sign an undertaking. Nobody tell am, he left the house by himself . If my parents like, they shld re admit him again.. That's their problem. I have even cut off from them all
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Evercurious(f): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2021
lookingfly:

Thank you so much... mine tried one of those his useless attitudes when I came visiting. I had to get him arrested and he was given proper beating and was made to sign an undertaking. Nobody tell am, he left the house by himself . If my parents like, they shld re admit him again.. That's their problem. I have even cut off from them all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Yankee101: 9:35am On Oct 14, 2021
First sons are their mummy's favorites
They unknowingly spoil them
He'll grow out of it
It's an adult in a child's mind
He needs responsibility to be responsible
So give him some, alot Infact
Kids like that turn out to be the family's savior
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by XXXXTENTACION: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

I'm married and I haven't stayed in the home for 6 years now except visits
People always hate what they can't have... undecided
Why don't you mind your business and face your own family...

he is 35 years old and he is your elder brother give him respect and focus all these energy and improve your life...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage / DNA Test, I Am Scared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.