Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings (33258 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Harrykn:
Why y’all hating.
According to text, he is smart and intelligent and makes lot of money, A PhD student @35.
It’s still the parent’s responsibility to take care of him, other siblings can huge transformer if they don’t like it that way and besides you’ve forgotten to list his good deeds to portray that since you came to existence he has never done anything good.
Rest Jare, you don’t know what is going on and don’t disturb that guy again. If you can afford leaving the house for him please do and allow him stay there in peace.

The parents responsibility to feed a 35 years old man. Birds of the same feather

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by osazsky(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Ten06:
Your own is good that he has business and he is also pursuing his PhD.
Mine has gotten his OND but doesn't know anything, he lives with my mom, he doesn't work and does not help in house chores. All what he does is to finish the pot of soup and watch TV or go out to drink beer.

If you try to advise him you will regret it because he will tell you that he knows more than you and will quote any half verse of the Bible to counter you
where them dey see all this kind people definitely not in edo..before guys even finish university for benin them don they calculate moves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Ten06(m): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2021
osazsky:
where them dey see all this kind people definitely not in edo..before guys even finish university for benin them don they calculate moves

We are 15 in my family and we are doing well except him.
4 of us are in abroad
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by osazsky(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2021
Harrykn:
Why y’all hating.
According to text, he is smart and intelligent and makes lot of money, A PhD student @35.
It’s still the parent’s responsibility to take care of him, other siblings can huge transformer if they don’t like it that way and besides you’ve forgotten to list his good deeds to portray that since you came to existence he has never done anything good.
Rest Jare, you don’t know what is going on and don’t disturb that guy again. If you can afford leaving the house for him please do and allow him stay there in peace.
oga do u know the meaning of smart.u cant be smart and at 35 you are still leaving with your parents..na change oga dey make o..just rest..I already had friends back then who where very smart...efe..at 24 he was already earning 11m a month in Finland.. at 35 his first son was in jss1...he give girl bele before him move..and went tru sch with scholarship...same with me.but he made more money..doing your phd doesn't mean u are smart anyone can get a phd cuz its useless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by oshaosha2014(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2021
Is he the first born.

Ten06:
Your own is good that he has business and he is also pursuing his PhD.
Mine has gotten his OND but doesn't know anything, he lives with my mom, he doesn't work and does not help in house chores. All what he does is to finish the pot of soup and watch TV or go out to drink beer.

If you try to advise him you will regret it because he will tell you that he knows more than you and will quote any half verse of the Bible to counter you
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

Are you a male or female?

If you be guy and you dey bad-mouth your brother like so for public.
It no make sense.

You not be guy man at all.

I do wonder if some of you that give comments like this on a faceless forum have sense at all.

No offense o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by osazsky(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2021
Ten06:

We are 15 in my family and we are doing well except him.
4 of us are in abroad
na wah o..pls take him to white garment no amount of shouting beating can stop this .he is already an adult.na prayers him need..then tell your siblings to stop bringing dollars for him.na them they spoil am...he should go and work..how can u be leaving with your parents at 35 how many years come remain for life...and he even has a good background...unlike us that had to use our sweat ..hands and head..then organise a responsible girlfriend for am..after he love finish if he still misbehave she should threaten to leave him he go reset him brain begin get sense.nonsense

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by gabicon: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!

What I see here is a challenge of boundaries, I'm afraid if those boundaries were not set at a younger age, it might be a little difficult to set them now. Your father needs to sit him down and give him an ultimatum to get his own living arrangement, not because he is difficult but because he ought to start taking care of himself, if he doesn't have enough money to rent a place they can add money for him but he needs to start acting like the man he is. This is simply a boundaries and discipline problem.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by SaintVirus(m): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2021
Me and my siblings use to have the same problem with our egbon too. He’s also 35 and he’s a cousin (my papa’s younger brother child) have always regarded him as the first child of my parents cos his dad lives in Europe and his mom I don’t even know. Na until last December me and my siblings gang up against him and gave him the words of his Life. I guess he went into reset mode and started making changes to his life. We stopped giving him food cos he doesn’t contribute and when he does he would tell the whole neighborhood that he fed us and we still gave him ori eja. After the tongue lashing we gave him, I personally stopped giving him advice on how to better his life. Always thinking that everyone owes him.

3 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
Gerrout leave ur brother alone u re d main problem the fact he has his masters and PhD I think u should respect him and whereas he is the senior
He is d ist son so it is his birth right
Is your parents complaining? Y are u the one complaing better go and marry and leave your brother alone to enjoy himself. He is not a kid mind ur business

Why is common sense not common? For your mind, you get sense o.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by PDinteriors(m): 10:43am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:
He's the first born out of 5 children. He's doing his PHD and has his own business. He still lives with our parents. So he does not pay for house, food or water. But can you imagine this brother of mine who makes money from his business doesn't contribute to the house for the same food he eats, when he makes money he goes to hotels and sleep over with women and prefers to train and help outsiders than bring something to the family. Recently, he had the effontry to reject my mummy's food on the ground that it was served late. I simply asked my mom to stop putting food for him.

Honestly this brother of mine has never brought joy to my parents and siblings. He has had several accidents driving carelessly, yet my mom still takes care of it all and she has even stayed over in the hospital when he had the last accident and became unconscious.

They're just the kind of brother one will have and you wished you never had a brother , my brother is exactly that kind of brother anyone will wish not to have. Not to talk of his dubious nature, you can't do simple business with him without him cheating on you. I once was rearing one animal and had to send him money for feeds but can you believe he was billing me in excess. We also contributed money to renovate our father's house and he emphatically told us he bought something which he didn't actually buy.

I wonder why God gave us this kind of brother, he has been like this since we all knew something and hasn't changed for good. embarassed embarassed
He has been sat down and talked to severally yet he will repent and still go back to his old ways .

So pathetic!
haba
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

He will listen at that burning moment and after a brief period he will still go back to his old ways embarassed

I can relate, bro. You need to ignore some comments. No matter how hard you try, people who have no such person around wouldn't understand your plight. I pray he turns a new leaf.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by OChimex: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2021
Mybrotheralso:

So pathetic!

You guys have really tried so the best now is to count him as dead and move on. If there is a way your parents will chase him away from the house, it will be good so that his stupidity wouldn't be in you guys face.

Let him go rent his own house and destroy himself, who cares. If Grace is upon him, then let him repent and turn a new leaf.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2021
helinues:
Why not enlightening him about his ways of doing things politely?

Candle can't see its own yansh

Hahahaha
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by ClassicMan202(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2021
KiNg0G:

If person dey talk bad about you for your back you go like am?

So you won tell me say the guy brother not get any good side... well senseless fool like you nor go understand.

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by XXXXTENTACION: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Trojan8:

So how's he being disrespected here? Na wa for your thought process
Posting this about his elder brother is enough disrespect....
* If you were the elder brother how would you feel if your younger brother posts this about you on a public forum....
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2021
princeeze1:
Unfortunately the problem here is your mother! Not every child is meant to have common sense factory fitted. I have same issue with my immediate elder brother. Unmarried, 40, eating from my mother’s pot. Mind you I already have 2 kids. I agree life is not competition though. I never returned home, the moment I graduated, not because I would be chased out, but because I was ready to face life. He will not get serious because he does not want to leave his area of comfort and face the challenges of paying the attending bills life begins to throw at him, and your mother just like mine has aided and abetted him thinking it’s mother’s love. My mother cannot just stop. Your best bet is to encourage him to get married, which I intend doing for my bro when I arrive in December, I already asked him to introduce his fiancée to me when I arrive for Xmas. A wife would most prolly ensure they get their place, he has bills to shoulder hence he becomes financially responsible. As for dubious dealings, that maybe factory follow come.

Thank you for this. People with no firsthand experience wouldn't know OP's plight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by udomma1005(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2021
If you're not very rich, find a way to dismember him and sell the parts to known ritualists or dis small-small yahoo bois around your area, it will save us all the troblem, please cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2021
Morgan9:

All this things u just mentioned wont change him ..
That is character is inbuilt
I have an elder brother that behave exactly like him in my family..

Everyone has given up on him we are just waiting to hear he has died so that we can bury him..

grin grin grin

I know how it feels to have such a sibling, but don't give up yet. Do remember him in your prayers.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by kemjoe: 11:06am On Oct 14, 2021
I am really wondering where all these opinions about first born sons are coming from?
I am a first born but I left my house while I was still in the university. I only visited during this period.
As the first born son, I was unable to rise to where I should be not because I did not try but because the demand from family from me was enormous.
If there is any contribution to make in the family, mine is always the highest while my younger siblings always give excuses why they cannot meet up with their contribution.
I was once out of job but I virtually did not get anything from my siblings. When the table turned, I was made to assist regardless of my own immediate family (wife and kids). One thing that is saving me is that I live in my own house which if I had listened to my mum, I wouldn't have built. She wanted me to divert the money for the house construction to assisting my siblings with their finances.
My father is late but I have never exercised my authority on my family. I allow them to make decisions that they deem reasonable without me forcing mine on them even if I hold a contrary opinion.
So, please change this your mindset about first born. That the writers brother is not behaving well does not make all first born the same.
I rest my case.
victorazy:

Calm down my brother, I know how disappointed and heartbroken you feel.

I must tell you! Is not his fault. Is called foundational powers, it falls on first sons. It would have affected you if your the first son.

The signs:
1. They womanize & women like them
2. They can never be trusted in business as they must cheat you.
3. You can not trust your money in their hands
4. They can owe
5. They can sell any sellable
6. They can be stubborn
7. They are intelligent but latent
8. Helpers always come their ways but never blend well with them. Etc

You have to pity him, he needs your prayers.

4 Likes

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Harrykn: 11:14am On Oct 14, 2021
osazsky:
oga do u know the meaning of smart.u cant be smart and at 35 you are still leaving with your parents..na change oga dey make o..just rest..I already had friends back then who where very smart...efe..at 24 he was already earning 11m a month in Finland.. at 35 his first son was in jss1...he give girl bele before him move..and went tru sch with scholarship...same with me.but he made more money..doing your phd doesn't mean u are smart anyone can get a phd cuz its useless
Inside life bro...
Op's brother is a wayo man and might be managing and his brother might not understand. He is actually taking advantage of his siblings+parents earnings and keeping his own for his personal use. I can bet he has plans and moves nobody is expecting in the family.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 14, 2021
vickydevoka:

Bros, this life no balance. Some people are praying for that kinda son n they didn't see. He is intelligent, smart n business minded.

My neighbor gave birth to 2 boys n one daughter, all are worthless. The boyss are over 35, the cultist, n de never graduated. The daughter is the worst, she didn't even pass waec, not to talk of going to uni. n she's a teacher, who has doctors n pharmacist as her students. As I'm speaking to u she has b.p n stroke due to over thinking.

This is deep. Some people are not just lucky with children, while some parents pamper the children. angry
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by ogyunging(m): 11:18am On Oct 14, 2021
Na the PHD dey pain you.

Kpele
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by nelbise(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2021
you guys should advice him to marriage that will help him to change his way of life
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Harrykn: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2021
kemjoe:
I am really wondering where all these opinions about first born sons are coming from?
I am a first born but I left my house while I was still in the university. I only visited during this period.
As the first born son, I was unable to rise to where I should be not because I did not try but because the demand from family from me was enormous.
If there is any contribution to make in the family, mine is always the highest while my younger siblings always give excuses why they cannot meet up with their contribution.
I was once out of job but I virtually did not get anything from my siblings. When the table turned, I was made to assist regardless of my own immediate family (wife and kids). One thing that is saving me is that I live in my own house which if I had listened to my mum, I wouldn't have built. She wanted me to divert the money for the house construction to assisting my siblings with their finances.
My father is late but I have never exercised my authority on my family. I allow them to make decisions that they deem reasonable without me forcing mine on them even if I hold a contrary opinion.
So, please change this your mindset about first born. That the writers brother is not behaving well does not make all first born the same.
I rest my case.
God bless you sir.
People here just dey accuse these firstborns anyhow, Dem think say e easy especially when you come from a home were "e no dey" mean say "e no dey", who you Sabi?
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by EmperorTolson: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Do know how long they must have prayed and advised his? Mind you we ain't talking about a kid or an adolescent here, we're talking about a 34-year-old man
So, they should stop praying for him or they've prayed enough, what exactly are you saying?
You Pray Until Something Happens. There's no limit for prayer alaye.
With prayer he'll change, no matter how long.
Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 14, 2021
Trueteller0147:
I didn't see any offense your brother committed here. He his even going for his PhD and has his own business. You just hate your brother for reason best known to you

You definitely can't see any offense until you have such a child, since you possibly can't have such a sibling again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by victorazy(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2021
kemjoe:
I rest my case.

Bros! Because you don't believe doesn't mean it does not exist.

Not every foundation is faulty and I didn't say every first son is wayward, am a first son too.

If you like believe or don't believe there is what they called generational impact. Yours is good doesn't mean others are.

If at 35 and you think the young man's character is natural then you never really see or heard things.

1 Like

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2021
Evercurious:

YOU AND ALL THOSE THAT LIKED YOUR COMMENT ARE ALL PATHETIC FOOLS... Just imagine this type of stupid mentality...

What do you expect from birds of the same feather? His kinds would definitely be here & they would try all means to justify the foolishness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Posting this about his elder brother is enough disrespect....
* If you were the elder brother how would you feel if your younger brother posts this about you on a public forum....

Do you know his brother?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Truvelisback(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2021
Trojan8:

See talk
That talk na for people wey e concern. If u are the first born of ur family, u will relate to this. 1st borns usually face tougher challenges in life than their younger ones. That's why u rarely see first borns make it in life or live a responsible life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 35 Year Old Brother Is Still A Trouble To My Parents and siblings by Trojan8(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2021
Truvelisback:
That talk na for people wey e concern. If u are the first born, u will relate to this. 1st borns usually faces tougher challenges in life than their younger ones. That's why u rarely see first borns make it in life or live a responsible life.

I am the first that's why "e concern me". You can't just keep making claims that can't be verified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage / DNA Test, I Am Scared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.