Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? (14667 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by LEADWIRE: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
Wow, I pity ur fiancee who wants to get married to an "evilspirit" and nw settle down in Hell. Lol! Being a man also invloves d ability to influence ur wife's spending behaviour no matter her background or where she comes frm. A lot of work has 2 be done by U in dat area. Even if U alone spend up to about 50k monthly, she shld be able to help U cut down ur xpenditure in some areas & get better results, e.g feeding. Even if she doesnt hav a job, gettin married should not jst be about spending, spending and spending anyhow! IF ur marriage gets U broke like U've neva been b4, then U shld know dat sth is wrong wit it!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by jaybee3(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
@luluosas
Make sure family planning is next on ya agenda okies
The 2 god has blessed u with is more than enough so you don't go stretching yaself
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by cejo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dat evil spirit,u r only pulling pples leg.Do u kno dat u spend more as an unmarrried man wit concubines than wen u hav jus one reasonable n responsible wife whether working or house wife.My advice is change dat evilspirit[s] u bear so dat they dont hunt ur destiny/success.I kno of som1 who is fending 4 his happy home wit jus 40,000/month.THINK ABT IT.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
luluosas:

Poster, please, ask Seun how to change your username. The evilspirit you already bearing will always make you to be afraid whenever the issue of marriage comes up.

Now, to answer your quest, this is my candid advice for you.
Marriage is based on LOVE and not money. I will explain. Have you ever come across multi millionaires that has marital problems? Do you always asked, why are these people in shambles concerning their marriage? This is the first thing you must know before veering to marriage. My dear, money does not make marriage rather, it is love that make marriage to work. Any body that marries for money sake will vacate the marriage, when money is no longer there.
Again, marriage is for the matured mind not babies. Have you ever noticed that, in spite of the fat that some people are over 45 years of age but, still behaves and conduct his or herself in childish manner speaks of immaturity. You must be mentally OK before you think of marrying. This is the more reason you see a lot of people ENDURING their marriages instead of ENJOYING it. Hope, you understand me.
Contentment is another successful marriage keys. Stop looking at what other people are earning, stop comparing yourself to others and stop imitating others in considering the outcome of a successful marriage.
Your 120k per month is far more than required for a successful marital life, where the wife is not working. Look, if you are a self disciplined person and a reasonable spender, you will be able to manage the resources as meager as you are looking it.

Presently, my annual salary after tax is N752,555.60. I have two children and though, my wife is working but, her salary is nothing to write home about. In fact, she earns less than 20k a month. We are still able to live a normal life, at least, my boy is in nursery 2 while her sister is just 7 months old. We still maintain 3 hours generator light everyday. We don't have a car yet but, we are still able to pay for transportation to our places of work, pay house/electricity bills, my child's school fees and still able to feed.

Poster, you don't have any excuse. Follow your heart and stop being afraid. This is my advice for you and every other person on this CROSSED road. Stay well.

Na wa oh  . . .

There is a thing line b/w being frugal and being stingy. You don't have a car 'yet'? Are you still going to get one    undecided

A car is not a luxury my friend and if you can afford it, why put yourself through unnecessary stress

I have a boss who earns  more than you do and even though she's not married, she doesn't have a car. She enters okada to the marker, church e.t.c. And I ask myself, when does it end?  undecided

But anyways, to each his own!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Jarus(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
Truth, like has been mentioned by people up there, is if you can't manage your life with 120k per month, you will not be able to do so with 1m per month. And I am talking from experience. When I was earning less than 200k net per month, I used to lament and complain. Within three years, the pay doubled, yet I keep complaining. It was then that I realized that human wants are truly insatiable and income can never be enough.

This is how it happens: when you're earning 100k per month, some things will not come to your mind to spend money on.  But when your income rises to say 250k, some things will naturally come to your mind, necessitating increased expenditure with the increased income, neutralizing the effect of rise of income. For example, with an annual income of 1.5m, you will hardly think of holidaying in top spots in the world, but when the income rises to say 5m, thoughts of spending your vacation in holiday spots in say Europe will be imaginable, necessitating further expenses. As another example, the car you will think of buying when your income was 5m will be different than that that will come to your mind when on annual income of 10m.

I know people that earn 60k and are married and are coping. I know people that earn salary of less than 150k and are building house in their villages.

Advice: go ahead and marry, but you just have to do a lot of planning!

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Bawss1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
luluosas:

Poster, please, ask Seun how to change your username. The evilspirit you already bearing will always make you to be afraid whenever the issue of marriage comes up.

Now, to answer your quest, this is my candid advice for you.
Marriage is based on LOVE and not money. I will explain. Have you ever come across multi millionaires that has marital problems? Do you always asked, why are these people in shambles concerning their marriage? This is the first thing you must know before veering to marriage. My dear, money does not make marriage rather, it is love that make marriage to work. Any body that marries for money sake will vacate the marriage, when money is no longer there.
Again, marriage is for the matured mind not babies. Have you ever noticed that, in spite of the fat that some people are over 45 years of age but, still behaves and conduct his or herself in childish manner speaks of immaturity. You must be mentally OK before you think of marrying. This is the more reason you see a lot of people ENDURING their marriages instead of ENJOYING it. Hope, you understand me.
Contentment is another successful marriage keys. Stop looking at what other people are earning, stop comparing yourself to others and stop imitating others in considering the outcome of a successful marriage.
Your 120k per month is far more than required for a successful marital life, where the wife is not working. Look, if you are a self disciplined person and a reasonable spender, you will be able to manage the resources as meager as you are looking it.

Presently, my annual salary after tax is N752,555.60. I have two children and though, my wife is working but, her salary is nothing to write home about. In fact, she earns less than 20k a month. We are still able to live a normal life, at least, my boy is in nursery 2 while her sister is just 7 months old. We still maintain 3 hours generator light everyday. We don't have a car yet but, we are still able to pay for transportation to our places of work, pay house/electricity bills, my child's school fees and still able to feed.

Poster, you don't have any excuse. Follow your heart and stop being afraid. This is my advice for you and every other person on this CROSSED road. Stay well.

Talk about hard knock living. You guys are made of stern stuff.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by bamosagie(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2011
Think poster dont want to get married, just justifying his decision. Ujujoan na wa o! you are just dishing out.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
bruz, one o my uncle, is married, he earns nottting more than 70 000 naira, he is married, with three kids, u can call him the bread winner o his family self, has a comortable car, almost completing his house, it all depends on ur wife, she must be ready to sacrifice, man, if she cant sacrifice some stuff, u need to get married to sumone else
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by daroz(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2011
EVILSPIRIT? shocked shocked shocked
God forbid!!!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by omoekoni(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dude's a joker!!! you cant even maintain a dog with that income. grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by nkirubb: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
please do yourself a favour and change your user name.

yes, you can marry and run a family with 120k,
make your budget for the month & stick to it.
i have friends that are married and their salary is not even half of yours
and yet they are running their family with it.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by nethacker(m): 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2011
be sure ur wife isn't like d wife of nigerian ambassador to kenya . grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by rasputinn(m): 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
nethacker:

be sure your wife isn't like d wife of nigerian ambassador to kenya . grin
nkiru bb:

please do yourself a favour and change your user name.

Good advice
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by rasputinn(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2011
[quote author]

[/quote]

[quote author]

you don't pay house rent?

[quote]

grin grin grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dpresido(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2011
Hello bros(I think U need change ur user name trully oo, cos I cant see myself calling u that)

I got married about a year ago(expecting my baby soon). I earn 90k per month and live in a 2 bedroom flat and my wife not working.

How? u may ask.

I worked for 2 years before buying a car (my savings in addition to a small soft loan repayable in 4 years).

How do I cater for my home?

1. I save money during the year to cater for my house rent which I actually pay per annum
2. Home Upkeep for madam (feeding et al 15k)
3. Her hair do 1,500
4. her pocket money 5k (that doesnt mean that I wont buy her some stuffs once in a while sha oo0
5. NEPA bill 2k
6. Vigilante: 500bucks
7.Fuelling (Gen and car- drives 10 mins to my office) 8k
8. To my sibblings 15k
9. Recharge card 5k
9. Others               10-20k (fluctuates)

Bros, I still survive and no one knows I earn such sums. Though trusting God madam will get a job soon.

As per your fiancee,,?

1. Sit her down and tell her your earnings
2. make her to understand and cut her extravagancies down and know u are are going to  de marriage institution, not boy friend girlfriendism where we try to delight(deceive) them.
3.Study to know if she sincerely wishes to change withouth coercion
4. If she doesnt, I advise you leave her alone, cos even if she gets a job, anything can happen, the day u lose ur job (God forbid), she will either abandon u or you will never regain the place of the man of the house in that your home. Some Ex bankers have true life experience on this
5. Marriage is not what you go in with a shaky partner, if you are not convinced on her compatibility with you, I advise you pray further else you will only live to endure rather than enjoying it.

i wish u de best, though remember to change ur user name sha
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by aieromon(m): 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2011
Get that lady to work,jor!!!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by playboy19(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Guys why are you wasting your time advising this guy.

@op, You starting to think of settling down tells me that you're simply no longer a kid, so why are you asking such stuppiid question?

I think you should have just come and say some'n like "Hey ladies, i need a wife to settle down with. I earn X amount of money and i already drive Y type of car", this will surely save this forum alotta space.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Is your fiancee disabled that she cant work?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2011
playboy19:

Guys why are you wasting your time advising this guy.

@op, You starting to think of settling down tells me that you're simply no longer a kid, so why are you asking such stuppiid question?

I think you should have just come and say some'n like "Hey ladies, i need a wife to settle down with. I earn X amount of money and i already drive Y type of car", this will surely save this forum alotta space.

yu have done more harm than good
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2011
dpresido:

Hello bros(I think U need change your user name trully oo, cos I cant see myself calling u that)

I got married about a year ago(expecting my baby soon). I earn 90k per month and live in a 2 bedroom flat and my wife not working.

How? u may ask.

I worked for 2 years before buying a car (my savings in addition to a small soft loan repayable in 4 years).

How do I cater for my home?

1. I save money during the year to cater for my house rent which I actually pay per annum
2. Home Upkeep for madam (feeding et al 15k)
3. Her hair do 1,500
4. her pocket money 5k (that doesnt mean that I wont buy her some stuffs once in a while sha oo0
5. NEPA bill 2k
6. Vigilante: 500bucks
7.Fuelling (Gen and car- drives 10 mins to my office) 8k
8. To my sibblings 15k
9. Recharge card 5k
9. Others               10-20k (fluctuates)

Bros, I still survive and no one knows I earn such sums. Though trusting God madam will get a job soon.

As per your fiancee,,?

1. Sit her down and tell her your earnings
2. make her to understand and cut her extravagancies down and know u are are going to  de marriage institution, not boy friend girlfriendism where we try to delight(deceive) them.
3.Study to know if she sincerely wishes to change withouth coercion
4. If she doesnt, I advise you leave her alone, cos even if she gets a job, anything can happen, the day u lose your job (God forbid), she will either abandon u or you will never regain the place of the man of the house in that your home. Some Ex bankers have true life experience on this
5. Marriage is not what you go in with a shaky partner, if you are not convinced on her compatibility with you, I advise you pray further else you will only live to endure rather than enjoying it.

i wish u de best, though remember to change your user name sha

where do you live
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by nawfia(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2011
luluosas, bro, u dey try, am sooo touched, are u a graduateis ur wife a graduate toookindly send ya c/v/phone numbers to glory@gmail.com, we really need to talk, remind me of way back when my dad was just like u, thank God am way way better off now, pls get in touch bro.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by coogar: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

where do you live

osun state near osogbo(i guess)
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by tlops(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
"evil spirit" is actually contemplating getting married.
Guy change ur username otherwise.

if you fare with 35k a month I think you can manage with 120k and still have savings, but this greatly depends on the madam and ofcourse the presence or absence of "evil Spirit".

Goodluck bro!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
120k is very much enough to run a home.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2011
fantababy:

120k is very much enough to run a home.I got married last yr,hubby & I relocated from canada to Nigeria. We thot 150k was a gd offer & he accepted d job offer.we had no savings left after d wedding,rentng & furnishing a 2 bed flat in surulere,& buying a honda car. Am yet to get a job but hopefully very soon.Our family family goes thus; tithe-15k,house allownce-30k,generator allownce-5k,personal allownce-20k,hubby's personal allownce-15k,hubby's mum-15k,family outing and groove-20k,family savings -30k. We buy our groceries & toiletries from shoprite,we go to cinema's,eat out some weekends,we share d family car,we are very comfortable and happy. We have delayed having a baby till after I get a job. All d best.

why did you come back from canada to nigeria
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2011
^a bit to inquisitive dont u think undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
Nigerians and money. Even if it were 300Million per annum your brothers make they would still complain about money grin

Everywhere I go, na my naija people dey over-shine pass even white person wey rich pass them. A wealthy white guy wears tshirt and jeans, whereas a naija person who manage nack small money go wan dey show guap wey e no get with excessive baffs.

-------------
Anyway yes 120k should do fine.
Thank God for what you have.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by femmy2010(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
N120k would do if you do things in moderation.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by ypad: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
Poster this link 'll do the magic you need. http://greatwomanwithlove..com/2011/04/household-income.html

There are some married men who earn half of your salary.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
change ur username 1st
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
seun how do i change my username
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by satani22: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Is your fiancee disabled that she cant work?
grin grin grin grin ;Dhy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.