Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? (14669 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by sizzlers(m): 5:56am On Jun 03, 2011
lari03:

its obvious since you are an 'evilspirit' you got a lot of 'badhabits'. Give your life to christ (then the beer and clubbing will definitely stop) your fiancee may even abandon you once you make such a decision. Then come back for more advice.
supported, a mans name maketh a way for him
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Tokotaya: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2011
Cast the Evil in your name away. Then, you will be able to live happily with a wife within ur means.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2011
People run their families for a lot less.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by airlord: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2011
When i was earning 45k/ month, it neva seemed enuff for my family. Now am earning 720k/month and its still not enuff. Point is no matter the amount of money u earn its neva goin to be enuff cos ur tastes will increase and it will come with more responsibilities. 120k is definetly enuff fr u start ur family with guy. i started with far less.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Bawss1(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2011
El Guapo:

@op, 120k? Dude it depends on how fat your fiancee is
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by anyicom(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2011
Ur name answers part of ur question. Many people run their families on far lower salaries. If U want to be realistic and sincere, 120k is a lot of money if u plan ur life very well.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by atasteve: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2011
Cut your coat according to your CLOTH and NOT SIZE
If you have a lady that believes in his man then the sky is the limit for you guys.
You can grow together and by God's grace things will start getting better.
I got married on a salary less than yours and by God's grace/understanding from my wife; the rest is very GGGGOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD story. wink

Why wait till tomorrow to do what you can do today!!!!

Wish you all the best.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Exponental(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2011
irrespective of where u stay (lagos, abuja, osun, kastina or d cheapest town in 9ja), dont compare urself wit others!
do u think ur boss is okay with his earnings? d choice is urs.

Dont lose dat lady to someone who earns 100k.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by DeepSoul(f): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2011
In a town like Abuja where a 2-bedroom flat goes for N1.2million, that's about 83% of your income going to rent.

Let's assume you live in a regular town with regular rent rates:

N120,000 (N1,440,000/year)

1) Feeding - 20,000
2) Savings - 20,000
3) Fuel (car) - 8,000 (2k weekly)
4) Fuel (generator) - Depends on the size. Work on getting a moderately sized gen that doesnt consume so much fuel. Also work on getting a specific number of hrs the gen should be on for whether there's nepa light or not. So lets say 6k
5) Nepa Bills - 3,000
6) Utility bills (Water, sanitation etc) - 2,000
7) Medical Incidentals - U never know, really. Let's just say 10k
9) DSTV  grin - You can pay for N2,500 bouquet, atleast it has African Magic  grin
10) Recharge cards (you) - 3,000 (N750 weekly)
11) Recharge cards (your wife) - 3,000 (N750 weekly)
12) Beer - If u normally drink 10 bottle of Star, cut it down to 5  wink
13) Cooking gas - 4,000
14) Clothing and make-up for your wife - You can do this on a quarterly basis, say 20k. That will boil down to a little over 6k monthly
15) CLothing for you - Also quarterly for same amount

A TOTAL of the above = N94,832

*I didnt include rent because you should be able to gather cash for rent from your monthly savings over a period of time*

*Medical incidentals will most likely not be utilized, so that'll give you an extra 10k in addition to the remaining N25,168*

After the above expenses, you'll have N35,168 for other miscellaneous expenses such as car repairs, gen repairs etc etc

Smh, why am I feeling so jobless this morning, lol. Al this being said, you wifey needs a job abeg.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by JUO(m): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
poster if u are a man use ur manhood for money or if u are a woman use ur breast for money. u are the greedy type

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Welder(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^This doesnt make sense now, does it?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
IF you are paying for house rent then it is not enuff.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Welder(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2011
Guy,

i dont know what to tell you but to wish you the very best of luck. Am in a similar situation although i earn slightly higher (about N185k monthly), i stay in a 3b/d flat, engaged with a fiancee who isnt working as at yet.

Now seriously, look for colleagues like you with spare savings say 50k (since u dont spend more than 35k monthly) , form a group of 12 so one person picks 600k monthly during the year. Look for a business or some investment that you can plough yours, i invested in some properties (actually 2plots of land), you can do same or something else. Now that can be resold much later or used as a veritable tool for something else in the future.

the choice is really yours. Goodluck bro!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by hasyak(m): 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
Welder:

Guy,

i dont know what to tell you but to wish you the very best of luck. Am in a similar situation although i earn slightly higher (about N185k monthly), i stay in a 3b/d flat, engaged with a fiancee who isnt working as at yet.

Now seriously, look for colleagues like you with spare savings say 50k (since u dont spend more than 35k monthly) , form a group of 12 so one person picks 600k monthly during the year. Look for a business or some investment that you can plough yours, i invested in some properties (actually 2plots of land), you can do same or something else. Now that can be resold much later or used as a veritable tool for something else in the future.

the choice is really yours. Goodluck bro!

+6
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Koolking(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
Why not! Your wife could be a blessing far imaginable. As the bible states: he who finds a good wife finds a good thing. But the fact remains, you have already nursed that fear of impossibility, and you sounded like a not-too-prudent-person when it comes to finances.

If you are not ready, it will not work, even if you earn 1m/per month. Determination win the race.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by buttkick: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
aint married but i earn way more than that. dont think i make enough and ive ended up with all my friends married except me. the other day i reflected on a janitor on my floor making just over 25k a month informing me of his new born baby. he is happy and doing his job well. all in all i say you never make enough except you are stealing like our politicians. all you need do is find someone that believes in you and that you can move your behind with a plan to increase your income legitimately. if you ask me being with this woman that you know already is high maintenance when you cant afford it is already a reason for you to have a migrain.

think again but dont end up like me.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by pastormrs: 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
my dear you seem very immatured and just seeking for attention. how can you be asking if 120k is sufficient to marry on ? ofcourse it is more than enof
do you know how many people marry on 30k etc and have a good life? Marriage is not about money its about maturity which i see you do not have so get that first and then begin to consider settling down aftawards.

you are bothered if 120k suffices for family upkeep, if you loose teh job while your wife is yet to get a job what will you do die of fear or hunger? if you earn 120k and you still have a complex what will you do then. stop wasting our time here are the tips for you:

i. begin to assocaite with responsible family men and understand how they keep the family going.
ii. Adopt a daddy mentality that make you take responsible decisions based on facts and not fables
iii. Attend matured/married persons seminars, parties etc.
iv. Discuss family matter with your fiancee and encourage her to make friends with matured and responsible married women.

Add other tips from other columnist and you will see that when it is time to get married you will know it yourself and though money will be a consideration it will not be unduly brain wrecking like you have made it.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by buttkick: 5:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
deepsoul@ that was budgetting 101. with all the things you stripped off from that budget no wonder i feel i dont make enough.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Bawss1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
pastormrs:

my dear you seem very immatured and just seeking for attention. how can you be asking if 120k is sufficient to  marry on ? ofcourse it is more than enof
do you know how many people marry on 30k etc and have  a good life? Marriage is not about money its about maturity which i see you do not have so get that first and then begin to consider settling down aftawards.

Good life must have a different meaning now. A life with 30K salary sounds more like hard life to me  cheesy

Marriage is not about money, true but money will make a lot of things much better in marriage.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by ifyalways(f): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
@Topic,i did not read the whole thread but Yeah,you can marry and run an average family with 120K per month. . .and if ur wife is working and earning even as low as 50k per month,you are good to go.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dpresido(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster,

I live in the North Western part of the country. But definitely if I were to live in Lagos, A decent room and Parlour Self contain wouldnt be bad for a start or better still, could get a 2nice Bedroom flat for between 150-200k peer annum in Iju Ishaga area of Lagos. Just 50bucks to Agege/Ogba nd you can get to wherever u wanna get to from there.

If you really wanna get married, CUT YOUR CLOTHERS ACCORDING TO THE AVAILABLE RESOURCES/CLOTHE but with a lady that understand that and is contednetd with it oooooo
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dpresido(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster,

I live in the North Western part of the country. But definitely if I were to live in Lagos, A decent room and Parlour Self contain wouldnt be bad for a start or better still, could get a 2nice Bedroom flat for between 150-200k peer annum in Iju Ishaga area of Lagos. Just 50bucks to Agege/Ogba and you can get to wherever u wanna get to from there.

If you really wanna get married, CUT YOUR COAT or AGBADA ACCORDING TO THE AVAILABLE RESOURCES/CLOTHE but with a lady that understand that and is contented with it oooooo
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by luluosas(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2011
@Ujujoan Na wa oh . . .

There is a thing line b/w being frugal and being stingy. You don't have a car 'yet'? Are you still going to get one Huh Undecided

A car is not a luxury my friend and if you can afford it, why put yourself through unnecessary stress Huh

I have a boss who earns more than you do and even though she's not married, she doesn't have a car. She enters okada to the marker, church e.t.c. And I ask myself, when does it end? Undecided

But anyways, to each his own!

Well, my friend, car is not actually a luxury but, if your salary can afford it without stress, why not. As for me, I will not go for any thing just because I want to show up. I have colleagues in the office that borrowed heavily to buy a car. Today, they are now OFFICIAL beggars because, their entire salary goes into servicing the loans they took.
I have priorities and car is certainly not my immediate priority.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by luluosas(m): 7:12am On Jun 04, 2011
@Bawss1 Talk about hard knock living. You guys are made of stern stuff.

For the avoidance of doubt, I live a normal average life. I am not given to glory seeking nor inordinate recognitions wherever I find myself. With this in mind, it helps me to live according to my pocket not according to my expectation. There is quite a lot of things you must forgone if only you are interested in living comfortably, no matter your take home pay. It just has be you. That's all.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by luluosas(m): 7:42am On Jun 04, 2011
@nawfia luluosas, bro, u dey try, am sooo touched, are u a graduateis your wife a graduate toookindly send ya c/v/phone numbers to glory@gmail.com, we really need to talk, remind me of way back when my dad was just like u, thank God am way way better off now, pls get in touch bro.

I just sent you an E-mail. Thank you.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2011
cool
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by tEsLim(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2011
The money should be enough you see how some analyzed for you. And this is what I do even though I dont have that sort of limited budget but I monthly put certain amount in an account with my woman and she manages the whole house for the month with the amount I'm sure food is on the table that's number on thing. Look at my tricks

1. You put the food money with the woman every month end so its her fault if their is no food on the table. (Plus wtf is she doing with her own earnings self? damn!)

2. I pay half the kids tuition at resumption and balance at mid-term cheesy atleast make I see my kids test results and see if them pass if the teachers really doing job or i go threaten to withdraw them to another school. Nothing says I must pay at ones and they dont charge me for doing this.

3. Make down payments for most things needed for the month. I found out if money sits in my account I just spend them gradually and not archive anything with them. So I just go out rightly to pay for things we need in the house first. So whatever change is left out of the monthly budget i can spend to support my lifestyle

4. I own my house already. You should plan doing the same the earlier the better. Its real piece of mind. Dont hallucinate about buying a house. Build ground up its cheaper and more convenient with salary earners. Remember 1 block is 110 naira and buy 300 blocks monthly ain't too slow smiley. Though I didn't go that route. But still I planned it 1000 blocks is just N110k though there are certain things more more expensive like when it comes to roofing and finishing. Owning a house will help and save you a lot of headache in near future in case you loose job; kids need money for university etc

5. Your wife must have a job / business. If she doesn't have a job it will cause tensions no matter how enduring you are. My mum always say's Owo kan ole da gbe eru so ri.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2011
cool
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by ayoonis(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2011
i will tell you to do what your mind tells you so that you don't end up blaming yourself.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by LOLOH: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
PEOPLE RUN FAMILIES WITH 50K OR LESS U DEY TALK 120K, HMMMMMMM, IS UR WIFE TO BE KIM KARDASHIAN? grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by namski(m): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2011
@Op, no need adding to your woes after the battering by merciless NLs. Hope you must have learnt your lessons that public forums are not the place to seek advise on how to go about your private life. Anyway, so that I am not accused of not giving my own advise - please my advise is move out from your two bdrm and move to a face me-I-face you, sell your car and buy okada, sell your gen (guess it must be I better pass my neighbour - afterall all of us na generator owners) and resort to candle and with this little tips you should be in a more comfortable position to go ahead with your marriage.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 05, 2011
namski:

@Op, no need adding to your woes after the battering by merciless NLs. Hope you must have learnt your lessons that public forums are not the place to seek advise on how to go about your private life. Anyway, so that I am not accused of not giving my own advise - please my advise is move out from your two bdrm and move to a face me-I-face you, sell your car and buy okada, sell your gen (guess it must be I better pass my neighbour - afterall all of us na generator owners) and resort to candle and with this little tips you should be in a more comfortable position to go ahead with your marriage.
shocked sad lipsrsealed undecided
all bec of one woman
u want to kill am??
bck to square one??
this love gan sumtime they make me wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.