Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B (18215 Views)

How Do I Handle Such A Boss / Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In / What Manner Of A Boss Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by gbagyiza: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
pocohantas:
Wish?

My former boss was a very big jerk. Anyone that knows me personally would know how much I complained of this man.

He would insult you and threaten you with a query. Once he is coming into the office, everybody would be looking for where to hide. When he enters the lunchroom, you will immediately lose your appetite, because the way you are chewing the meat sef can earn you query.

One day I had enough. I was only 3 months on the job and he started bullying me as usual. So I turned and asked him if he has ever wondered why everyone turns dumb when he walks into the office. I asked him if my salary would be added to his own when and if I resign because I wanted to understand his reason for frustrating me. I told him every day I remember I would see him, I feel like absconding from duty.

He kept asking me “Is it me you are talking to?”, I said YES. What are you going to do? Give me a query? Go ahead, type it. That is your system in front of you.

When I was done ranting, another colleague who was on the same level as he stood up and gave me a handshake. Kinda like, THANK YOU FOR BELLING THE CAT!!

My boss looked at me, switched off his system and closed for the day.

My colleagues told me to wait for my query. One week later, nothing. One month, nothing.

Instead, he started asking me if my iPhone charger is original and why I drive very fast. He kept looking for my face to the point of telling me to keep using my red lipstick. I never knew he noticed my lipstick colour.

There is no boss I can’t tell what is on my mind. My ED once told me if I don’t perform well, I would be dropped. I told him I will go home then. Everyone turned to look at me. grin grin grin

A real professional will not take unnecessary insults from his superiors.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Hassanmaye(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

grin grin
Bad boy
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Greystone: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2021

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
pocohantas:
Wish?

My former boss was a very big jerk. Anyone that knows me personally would know how much I complained of this man.

He would insult you and threaten you with a query. Once he is coming into the office, everybody would be looking for where to hide. When he enters the lunchroom, you will immediately lose your appetite, because the way you are chewing the meat sef can earn you query.

One day I had enough. I was only 3 months on the job and he started bullying me as usual. So I turned and asked him if he has ever wondered why everyone turns dumb when he walks into the office. I asked him if my salary would be added to his own when and if I resign, because I wanted to understand his reason for frustrating me. I told him everyday I remember I would see him, I feel like absconding from duty.

He kept asking me “Is it me you are talking to?”, I said YES. What are you going to do? Give me a query? Go ahead, type it. That is your system in front of you.

When I was done ranting, another colleague who was on the same level with him stood up and gave me a handshake. Kinda like, THANK YOU FOR BELLING THE CAT!!

My colleagues told me to wait for my query. One week later, nothing. One month, nothing.

Instead he started asking me if my iPhone charger is original and why I drive very fast. He kept looking for my face to the point of telling me to keep using my red lipstick. I never knew he noticed my lipstick colour.

There is no boss I can’t tell what is on my mind. My ED once told me if I don’t perform well, I would be dropped. I told him I will go home then. Everyone turned to look at me. grin grin grin
all of them dey fear you ni, make e no be say you get Jaz wey una they use spoil person life for una village, no be only you get stubborn head we plenty for street ���
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Oluwademilade: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dear Sir,

Bye bye sir.
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Psalmistproject: 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
Omicron007:
shocked

After advertising your BBQ Business to me, I was interested and I wanted to take a chance.

When I finally joined, instead of grilling Chicken or Fish, you gave us vultures to grill.

E no go better for you shaa.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by kilojoDesigns: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
I just want to tell my boss "good job, you're doing great but sometimes you lack focus, discipline and patience"
Since I'm my own boss
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by rinzylee(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
OgunkeelAllMod:
i don't get it
.person start coughing and then put hand in your pocket to remove your cash. This is got to be an outright lie or you mumu too much and for inside Lagos for that matter ..what if olosho come dey press your mumu button undecided How much you go come lose undecidedThis story funny as hell, you no be lagosian you be oshogbo man forming woke undecided

Mine was coughing and sneezing, while you try to remove your face as he gets close to you, he distracts you and does his thing. I lost my phone in June and my account was drained. I didn't believe it. Still like a movie to me

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by MonsterLoader: 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tripitaka:
I love the organisation; I love the clientele and I'm glad that my input is appreciated.

At the same time, you grossly underpay me for the work that I do and the mental stress that go with it and I'll bail at the slightest opportunity.

Also, I'm sick in the stomach of the pointless weekly online meetings and the useless weekly OKR sessions.

Thank you Sir

Use anonymous email to send him naaa. You self
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
OgunkeelAllMod:
i don't get it
.person start coughing and then put hand in your pocket to remove your cash. This is got to be an outright lie or you mumu too much and for inside Lagos for that matter ..what if olosho come dey press your mumu button undecided How much you go come lose undecidedThis story funny as hell, you no be lagosian you be oshogbo man forming woke undecided

Lolzz.....i my self didn't believe it possible until it's happen to me, i think he use jazz or something because i don't even know when the money left my pocket but while i was discussing with a friend about this he told me how his junior bro loss iPhone 12 in that manner too, so i think it's becoming come normal stuff already and people should be aware of it.
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by kaziblake(f): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
Oduduwa707:

OK, we now know say na office you dey work but, Madam abeg, easy with the lies... grin
I believe her because i did same to my boss and we became close sef.
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by kaziblake(f): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
Incredible128:
but don't overdo it sha grin one could turn to a terrorist if such little things continue to grow unchecked or done moderately grin grin cheesy
Someone did same at my office but the stuff Instead became worst.
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
safesurfer:
where in lag?

Ikorodu road

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Wanny20(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
Boss,

I watch how you gradually turn my weak point ( loyal and submissive) against me, it hurt me to see that instead of you to appreciate this attribute it seems you using them against me.

Other staffs keep you in check, now I actually don't blame them. How on earth will you send me official assignments; knowing the cost of some of those things, you would give me lesser amount to execute them and once I do with my own money, and ask for refunds you keep quiet.

Recently, you have been using me from Monday to Sunday ( only me) am the only one u would call up on Saturday and Sunday to join you in the office even if I tell u I have personally things you get angry ( out of 4 staffs am the only one you do this to), is because am calm and loyal to you? Why are you taking all of that for granted?

Above all, am under paid doing virtually everyone's work probably you feel I can do better. Am tired; both physically and mentally! You have drained me! And am beginning contemplating on stealing From you like others do. Seems that's the language you understand. We are pained seeing you not rewarding us to our efforts and seening you lavish on harlots kind of Women who add no value to your earnings, tho is your money and how you wish to spend it doesn't concern anyone, but GIVE TO CESEAR WHAT BELONGS TO HIM.

I want to leave, but to where? Probably why you still seeing me around.. Deep down, I AM TIRED embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by pocohantas(f): 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Rabilawwal:
all of them dey fear you ni, make e no be say you get Jaz wey una they use spoil person life for una village, no be only you get stubborn head we plenty for street ���

It is not about stubbornness or jazz. It is not something I revel in either, but then, certain lines shouldn’t be crossed. I wouldn’t want to say the things he used to say, but they’re things that would wreck you mentally over time. I have never gotten that way with any other boss, he was the first and hopefully the last.

My response to my ED was sarcastic. I wasn’t supposed to say I would jump over 3MB, was I?cheesy The thing is, I look innocent and my voice is tiny. So I can say very heavy things and you would still pity me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by maureensylvia(f): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
2braithe:

What's funny now undecided

Never had one undecided
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by 2braithe: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
maureensylvia:

Never had one undecided

Hahaha It is funny undecided
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Chai, this is something o.
My boss is the best person I have ever worked with smiley smiley smiley. So calm, easy-going and treats everyone of us in the office with respect. When I just started working in my office, I made series of mistakes repeatedly but he calmly corrected me and put me through everything I needed to know. The only drawback is the salary that is not really okay, being that the cost of living now is high. God bless my boss and all my colleagues, they are wonderful people and I am so glad to be among them. Except I am hungry or not feeling well, you can never see me sad in the office. I am always so bubbly and full of life grin cheesy cheesy.

6 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Buffalo2(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Every rumour has an expiry date, Oga, continue with ur lies God is waiting for you, your children and ur devilish wife

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Yxxx: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
pocohantas:
Wish?

One day I had enough. I was only 3 months on the job and he started bullying me as usual. So I turned and asked him if he has ever wondered why everyone turns dumb when he walks into the office. I asked him if my salary would be added to his own when and if I resign, because I wanted to understand his reason for frustrating me. I told him everyday I remember I would see him, I feel like absconding from duty.

When I was done ranting, another colleague who was on the same level with him stood up and gave me a handshake. Kinda like, THANK YOU FOR BELLING THE CAT!!

Instead he started asking me if my iPhone charger is original and why I drive very fast. He kept looking for my face to the point of telling me to keep using my red lipstick. I never knew he noticed my lipstick colour.

Funny we became cool after that. He kept trying to initiate conversations till I succumbed. On his birthday I was the only one that got him a gift. He got quite cautious because he thought I was waiting for him to slip so I could blow the whistle, but I had no single plan to do that.

I like his work ethics and I learned a lot from him as he is very intelligent. But his attitude was terrible. He changed and meetings became non-confrontational. He also became more encouraging and protective of his subordinates. Prior to that he was fond of throwing us under the bus.

The day I left, he couldn’t attend my farewell party because his eyes were very red. He just gave me a hug and told me to make him proud. Went into his office and closed the door.

This one be like oyibo film.

2 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Juanmike(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
angelfallz:
What is stopping you?
You, I also wanna bang you.

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by alphaconde(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
I fit bear anything for work but oga no owe me salary becuase I must find something sell for that office

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by blessingogbe260(f): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
I will say thank you boss for sacking me if not I could remain a slave forever,

If you wouldn't have sack me I won't have gone to the level I am.

My boss will never say thank you, his not the type that made mistake, everyone is incompetent except him.

May God never allow is to meet such boss in life

4 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by HonestFriend: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2021
grin grin
virginboy1:
Boss, "I have a serious crush on your daughter and I don't mind banging her." undecided
Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by vickydevoka(m): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
Okortor:
U want to bleep that dirty looking puna? Den after u contract HIV or hepatitis b u come here seeking for doctor's help.. continue., More zeal.
From my fûcking experience, fine gals spread diseases more than ugly looking gals

2 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by midehi2(f): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
My boss, funny and tough, he will say "see your werey head, yen yen yen yen yen, olodo come here let me do weekend for you, i go just open teeth cos i know how much he will give me, so i don't have harsh words for him, he's nice but he can shout ehnn

2 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by folake4u(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
God abeg.

With all the comments I'm seeing, I seriously pray not to work with an overbearing Boss.

3 Likes

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by Okortor: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lol , joblessness is a disease, Biko send me ur CV..let me help u with a job. No jokes here. Any state u r, am gonna help u so to keep ur body n soul busy. Why not mention, DSS, EFCC, icpc, and the rest?
NLPoliceWoman:

Again,
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B by checkoutEnugu: 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
You are an egomaniac with no brain. You think say u wise but u be highest mumu. I Jo's dey laugh u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: MTN To Staff 'Get Vaccinated Or Lose Your Job' / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope / N150,000 Job Or Fully Funded Scholarship For Masters In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.