Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? (2929 Views)

Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Raalsalghul:

https://www.nairaland.com/6788228/cost-getting-married-poor-family#106486188

Can you see why I was hyperventilating on the above thread why that Op should not marry that lady with her mum and six siblings.
In that thread, the Op had to worry about the lady's family and his too, yet they kept guilt tripping him with words like "she's supportive, she's this, she's that, who would marry poor people, bla bla di bla"?.

Tables have been reversed now, she has seen a hardworking guy and perhaps don't need to worry about the extra baggage of his family. Better still, the guy is even busy oh and intelligent in this case and maybe only needs the right connection to upgrade.
Yet from the disposition you can see she won't go ahead with it with excuses already ranging from the usual "class/status issues" to invented ones like unknown gunmen.

Assuming it was a poor/broke lady, the thread for don reach page 10 with buzzwords like "supportive, good woman, empowering her" everywhere.

Honestly,I don't know when some men will have sense.
LOL. It's their way.

Once their gender is about to be the beneficiary of financial goodwill and/or upliftment from a man, they start throwing such words around... cheesy

See another thread on FP now... Almost all the females there are telling the guy to upgrade or seek his level. LoL.

https://www.nairaland.com/6809548/family-says-cant-marry-because

Bukatyne, it seems you were wrong. Modern women nor sabi develop any man oo.
That shít ended in the generation of our parents. grin

And some people go still dey call themselves feminists – equal with men... Na so e easy to be man abi cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
mariahAngel:

You will be very unforgiving. grin
Ohh but I'm very forgiving... cool

Forgetting is what I'm incapable of no matter how hard I try. cry
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Teleprompter(f): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
Your focus should be on his personality and the family background.

This question would not be raised if there were investment bankers and civil engineers seeking her.

The last must be able to convince herself why she deserves better, otherwise there is nothing wrong with an uber driver of today.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Teleprompter(f): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
The truth of the matter is that the guy has probably not even proposed.
It is likely that they are not even dating yet but the last has marriage on her mind and the only prospect for now is this Uber guy
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Raalsalghul: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
crackhaus:

LOL. It's their way.

Once their gender is about to be the beneficiary of financial goodwill and/or upliftment from a man, they start throwing such words around... cheesy

See another thread on FP now... Almost all the females there are telling the guy to upgrade or seek his level. LoL.

And some people go still dey call themselves feminists – equal with men... Na so e easy to be man abi cheesy

Yep, it seems Bukatyne was wrong.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2021
mrblessed:
I don't think you have a scintilla of love for this hardworking man, the very reason you are not proud of his means of livelihood. With this mindset of yours, the young has no business being close to you, since you are already convinced that he does not fit into your "class." This needlessly self-created ordeal of yours feeds to the popular trope/narrative about women's obsession of marrying financially stable and well-to-do guys, and their corresponding disdain for men who are "struggling."

Who says he is going to be an Uber driver forever? You? The problem with ladies who think they have achieved a degree of success is their irrational fondness to look down on men, even those with good prospects. I will advice you focus on "executive" men out there, whom you are convinced suffer no job hazard that is lethal. It's more appropriate for you because these men match your "executive" social status and appear way more presentable, instead of a mere driver who earns peanut for a living.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2021
mrblessed:
I don't think you have a scintilla of love for this hardworking man, the very reason you are not proud of his means of livelihood. With this mindset of yours, the young has no business being close to you, since you are already convinced that he does not fit into your "class." This needlessly self-created ordeal of yours feeds to the popular trope/narrative about women's obsession of marrying financially stable and well-to-do guys, and their corresponding disdain for men who are "struggling."

Who says he is going to be an Uber driver forever? You? The problem with ladies who think they have achieved a degree of success is their irrational fondness to look down on men, even those with good prospects. I will advice you focus on "executive" men out there, whom you are convinced suffer no job hazard that is lethal. It's more appropriate for you because these men match your "executive" social status and appear way more presentable, instead of a mere driver who earns peanut for a living.

You should have posted first so we can close the thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Then this is all that matters.

She could also set him up for bigger opportunities through her connections.

My good friend Bukatyne recently convinced me that you modern women are also good at developing your men. grin

Wetin I buy wey I nor pay for your hand? grin

The OP abi OP's friend should leave the Uber guy alone.

If he is not up to her taste or standard, let her move on.

I wager she doesn't have other suitors and is 'ready' to marry hence this OP.

People (men & women) should learn when they are second choices or managed and end the relationship with dignity.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2021
CountVersailles:
Ladies, can you marry someone who does uber full time? No other source of income besides uber every week. He earns well though and invests his money. But has no other source of income.

The lady in question is a top executive at a venture capital. They met in his uber car.

If an Uber driver is not her level, why did she continue the relationship/friendship to start considering marriage?

What is wrong with men on her level? She's not their level? undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

LOL. It's their way.

I read the OP of the other thread and I few posts and I wouldn't advise the lady to marry him either.

Not because he has SSCE but because he is very unteachable, unyielding and lacks foresight.

The lady has no influence over him else for the last four years, he should have gotten his first degree even if it is online.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

I read the OP of the other thread and I few posts and I wouldn't advise the lady to marry him either.

Not because he has SSCE but because he is very unteachable, unyielding and lacks foresight.

The lady has no influence over him else for the last four years, he should have gotten his first degree even if it is online.

She should have empowered him, pushed him, developed him to her taste in that four years. cheesy

That's what you would have expected if the situation were reversed and it was the woman without a first degree.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

Wetin I buy wey I nor pay for your hand? grin

The OP abi OP's friend should leave the Uber guy alone.

If he is not up to her taste or standard, let her move on.

I wager she doesn't have other suitors and is 'ready' to marry hence this OP.

People (men & women) should learn when they are second choices or managed and end the relationship with dignity.
cheesycheesy
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by bukatyne(f): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

She should have empowered him, pushed him, developed him to her taste in that four years. cheesy

That's what you would have expected if the situation were reversed and it was the woman without a first degree.

I weigh each situation and approach differently even for same expectations

On the first thread, the guy was schooling & got a job while the babe was static. He is poor but she was poorer so I can talk about rendering financial support in addition to emotional and social/mental support.

In the SSCE thread, I wager the OP is richer so he doesn't need his girl's financial support. He however needs a lot of her time & emotional/mental support. The guy is not ready to further his education because he said the girl suggested it some years ago. She has no influence over him.

On this thread, the babe would be expected to provide financial, social and mental support if they want to upgrade the guy or restructure his business or whatever because she has more than he does.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

I weigh each situation and approach differently even for same expectations

On the first thread, the guy was schooling & got a job while the babe was static. He is poor but she was poorer so I can talk about rendering financial support in addition to emotional and social/mental support.

In the SSCE thread, I wager the OP is richer so he doesn't need his girl's financial support. He however needs a lot of her time & emotional/mental support. The guy is not ready to further his education because he said the girl suggested it some years ago. She has no influence over him.

On this thread, the babe would be expected to provide financial, social and mental support if they want to upgrade the guy or restructure his business or whatever because she has more than he does.

Which is what is expected of a modern woman.
We are on the same page then... cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by CountVersailles(f): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2021
bukatyne:

If an Uber driver is not her level, why did she continue the relationship/friendship to start considering marriage?

What is wrong with men on her level? She's not their level? undecided
Can you read at all? Did you see where I said she "continued a relationship"? Adult school just opened in UNILAG. You may need to go register.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mariahAngel(f): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Oh! But she did.

https://www.nairaland.com/6809548/family-says-cant-marry-because#106869622

The reason he gave when I asked him why he "knocked off" the suggestion:

https://www.nairaland.com/6809548/family-says-cant-marry-because/1#106870076
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Oh! But she did.

https://www.nairaland.com/6809548/family-says-cant-marry-because#106869622

The reason he gave when I asked him why he "knocked off" the suggestion:

https://www.nairaland.com/6809548/family-says-cant-marry-because/1#106870076
She didn't push him.

Mentioning something just one time in a random conversation does not qualify as empowerment, push, or development.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by Munzy14(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2021
Raalsalghul:

https://www.nairaland.com/6788228/cost-getting-married-poor-family#106486188

But you were on the above thread canvassing for the Op to marry an SSCE holder who has nothing going for her.

You didn't think the Op then had his reservations and concerns.

I guess these are some of the reasons I trolled you in the past.
The world we live in, subject men to swallow every Bs thrown at them...It makes them feel they don't deserve good things...

It subjects men to work like elephant, and feed like ant to satisfy others.

A man can comfortably marry a lady who has nothing doing in life and is not willing.

But a lady is always advised against marrying a man whose Job has little or no job security, despite being capable of bringing food to the table...

Smh...Uwa nwoke, uwa ahuhu...

The job you do, the money in your account determines the type of woman you will marry...If not her mother will maks you understand her daughter is managing you as man..grin

Men are like bulldozers used to construct a road, after completing work, they are packaged and moved away from the road...cheesy

In life, as a man, know your worth and never settle for less...If you are good and with prospects, you deserve such a woman too..

Left hand washes right hand and vice versa for the both to be clean.

In our modern world today, never settle for peanuts especially if you are very hardworking.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mariahAngel(f): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

She didn't push him.

Mentioning something just one time in a random conversation does not qualify as empowerment, push, or development.

Dey there dey make excuse for person wey no ready to learn. grin

You expect her to have kept on insisting and pushing someone who obviously wasn't and still isn't ready to learn? The next thing go be to come create thread for nairaland say
the girl he wants to marry has no respect for him simply because she's more educated than him. cheesy

All I know is he has a complex that is way beyond inferiority.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Dey there dey make excuse for person wey no ready to learn. grin

You expect her to have kept on insisting and pushing someone who obviously wasn't and still isn't ready to learn? The next thing go be to come create thread for nairaland say
the girl he wants to marry has no respect for him simply because she's more educated than him. cheesy

All I know is he has a complex that is way beyond inferiority.
Yes, that is exactly what is expected... because it's the same thing you ladies would want a man to do for you — to push you, to encourage you even when you're not motivated enough, to gently nudge you in the direction that will benefit both of you as a couple in the long run.

I don't see any reason why when it's a man who needs all those, modern women dem are suddenly so satisfied with just doing the bare minimum, only to turn around to announce to the world how y'all have done so much... cheesy

Abi shey na only sex & food person go just dey enjoy for una body in this life? Sex sef that it's still the man that will be sweating & pumping his heart away to shorter lifespan. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mariahAngel(f): 9:40am On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Yes, that is exactly what is expected... because it's the same thing you ladies would want a man to do for you — to push you, to encourage you even when you're not motivated enough, to gently nudge you in the direction that will benefit both of you as a couple in the long run.

I don't see any reason why when it's a man who needs all those, modern women dem are suddenly so satisfied with just doing the bare minimum, only to turn around to announce to the world how y'all have done so much... cheesy

Abi shey na only sex & food person go just dey enjoy for una body in this life? Sex sef that it's still the man that will be sweating & pumping his heart away to shorter lifespan. grin

That op na very stubborn man wey get pride full stop! cheesy

You'll notice when you go through his comments.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

That op na very stubborn man wey get pride full stop! cheesy

You'll notice when you go through his comments.
Even a stubborn man with plenty pride dey turn into water for woman wey sabi press him buttons well...

— Incredible Hulk, 2004
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by cooooooks(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
A young Nigerian guy is working hard and probably earning 800k+ a month before expenses.

If he was a scammer, you'd say he's a businessman.

CountVersailles:
Ladies, can you marry someone who does uber full time? No other source of income besides uber every week. He earns well though and invests his money. But has no other source of income.

The lady in question is a top executive at a venture capital. They met in his uber car.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by frozen70(f): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
CountVersailles:

A lady is willing to marry any man that has a source of income, no matter how little

So far the man is not lazy,
So far he us focus
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by mariahAngel(f): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Even a stubborn man with plenty pride dey turn into water for woman wey sabi press him buttons well...

— Incredible Hulk, 2004

Maybe he never truly loved her, otherwise, he wouldn't have given up that easily.

I mean, if Jacob could serve Laban for seven extra years just to marry Rachel, what is four years to build himself that he couldn't give?
Some men of nowadays sef! sad

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
mariahAngel:

Maybe he never truly loved her, otherwise, he wouldn't have given up that easily.

I mean, if Jacob could serve Laban for seven extra years just to marry Rachel, what is four years to build himself that he couldn't give?
Some men of nowadays sef! sad
LOL. cheesy

Maybe Jacob went through all that stress because Rachel was a virgin and a devoted daughter of God who does not bill him unnecessarily.

Some women of these days sef! cry
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by ahnie: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

LOL. cheesy

Maybe Jacob went through all that stress because Rachel was a virgin and a devoted daughter of God who does not bill him unnecessarily.

Some women of these days sef! cry
Banana
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
ahnie:

Banana
Mamacita kiss
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by ahnie: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

Mamacita kiss
Leave me joor.
Stop bribing me with that your brown kisses.
You know why.hows yonderside?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by crackhaus: 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
ahnie:

Leave me joor.
Stop bribing me with that your brown kisses.
You know why.hows yonderside?
cheesy

Everywhere good oo...
Will holla at you
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by ahnie: 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
crackhaus:

cheesy

Everywhere good oo...
Will holla at you
I want sleep joor.banana abeg carry your wahala dey go lolz
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry An Uber Driver? by 1Sharon(f): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
CountVersailles:

You imply Uber drivers aren't worthy of love or are lepers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Spending Time Away From Their Families / If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity / How Do I Handle This Issue With My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.