Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (41357 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by freeman9ja(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2011
From wht i can tell you have not really meet lovely, younger, beautiful ladies with good sense of humor.
And just because she gave u her heart and cared for you, you then felt she is the best u can ever get.
Listen man, u can still meet better younger ladies with all those qualities and the will drive you loco just like ur 34 years old lady.

People get married to the wrong partners for different reasons, sometimes because the feel pity and dnt wnt to hurt their partner.
Or it could be because the partner knws how to play with ur brain, just to keep you. Be smart man and do the right thing.
To me marriage is 4eva, i dnt wnt to take chances. Beside u only told us the good part of her.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2011
DONT TRY THAT O!IF IT WERE 1, 2, 3, IT MAY BE OKAY COS YOU GUYS ARE AGE GRADE, BUT NOT EIGHT(cool YEARS GAP, SOME DAY IT WILL CROP UP AGAIN AND SOME DAY SHE MAY BECOME HEADY AND CLAIMING TO BE YOUR 'AUNTY'.

MORESO, SHE COULD GET OLDER QUICKLY AND YOU LOSE THE REAL TASTE OF IT ALL AND START LOOKING FOR 'YOUNGIES'.

I NO SUPPORT YOU OH,,,THOUGH A FEW INSTANCES OF SUCH EXIST SHA.DONT GAMBLE ON A LIFE TIME JOURNEY

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Omolola1(f): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2011
@topic

nothing, infact u av ur freedom, coz she wudn't be bothered about a kid. . . sighs
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Koolking(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2011
If you are not her Gigolo then the decision is yours to make. To me age ain't a thing but a number.
My dude to be blunt, if there is something (materially) you so desire from her to make you compromise to be with her, pls, rescind your decision cos' disaster lurks behind.

The temptation in no distant time might out-weight the pleasure. Acknowledge the fact that, younger ladies out there might pose a serious threat.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by shadrach77: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2011
sometimes age matters and sometimes it does not. it will not matter if (a) the woman in question is still far from reaching her menopause years (b) if she is just about two or three years older than you - in this case, the lady is far from menopause but the snag here is that she is 8 years older than you - it might seem like it doesn't matter right now but it will matter in future cause ladies tend to age faster than men and by the time you are 42, she would be 50!!! by the time she  starts ageing the attracttion you had for her would begin to evaporate so it's better to get someone who is younger - even if she is older than you, it shouldn't be more than two years  wink wink wink wink
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by anishe(m): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2011
Follow your heart. Jonathan in your decision. Sorry, i mean Goodluck in your decision.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by user32(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2011
LOL
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by freeman9ja(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2011
This guy has only knwn this lady for few months, so he does really knw wht he is saying.
I have dated an older lady for years and trust me that age issue was a problem, and it was disastrous.
Beside the lady has not shown him the bad side of herself. Or has she?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by reignije(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2011
My Dear, marriage is a mystery, is more than what you are seeing now. You are 26 and by the will of God you are to live 77-80 and above years in your life, remove the years that you have lived and calculate how many years more that you have to live to fulfill your dreams. See, the fun will not always be there. there are so many things that you have to consider before you go into this lifetime decision. 1. Age: we say that age is a thing of the mind and at the end of the day is still the mind in our life that surfers it and becomes our character, cos out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speeketh. going into this marriage with her means that you are older than your age, you are as old as she is. you have to change your way of thinking, your friends, cos  they will always be there to remind you that she is older than you. 2. Parental Blessings: make use that you'll bye the heart of your parents more especially your mother that carried you for nine months and nurtured you to a grown man now (i don't have a mother, but how i wish i she is alive today) 3. Seek God First: What does God say about the relationship, what tells you that this marriage will help you to fulfill your vision, cos a man without a vision is impotent. "if a rat runs into a hole and meets snake it must definitely come out with great speed. save yourself a lot of sorrow by just spending time to meditate and think, Search your heart and seek Jesus, he will direct your paths, I love you
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by desthan(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2011
oga poster, even if u marry an underage girl/boy, bearded woman, tranny, metusela etc it doesn't matter, who gives a damn.

its not even an assurance that you will have a happy home? Just pray over it and do as your mind tell you, period. Just don't be in a hurry to make any decision. Because if you rush in you will definitely rush out and what could later turn out to be your worst nightmare could just be another person's dream.

Anyway its your coffin, its your funeral, like i told you nobody cares, just ask for God's direction and you'll be fine.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by gidson12(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2011
dont marry o, u wan marry wahala
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2011
new wine in an old skin bag, men its gonna spill
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by titsqueez(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2011
Judging by ur name u must be from Akwa Ibom or Cross River. My guy i dont think u should try that, our people are very narrow minded when it comes to marriage. Its easy to say do ur thing its ur life but trust me when ur parents find out its a completely different story. I have been there
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by andypash(m): 10:45am On Jun 03, 2011
Omo i no buy this idea remember the old age if both of u live till 80, omo this is expensive can u pay this price what of if she pretending cos is 34,she knows time is not on her side pls think well b4 u decide on this issue cheers
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by olapluto(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2011
You should not marry this lady. Simple. Here you are talking of marriage after 6 months of your head being turned aside. I have dated a lady 6 years older. she was superb, before I opened my eyes. One thing you should realise is that older ladies can take care of you so much that you will forget your name. Life will feel so easy because everything you do will be hailed and they will replicate 10 folds. However, the game changes when she becomes your official wife. You will not be able to run out like you ran in. All the makaba dance she does to you on bed will wind up. You will face reality. I think for now, you're in dreamland. The older singletons are typically vulnerable and will do anything to satisfy you. You can marry someone older up to 6 years. Anything more is really a deceit from one of you.
But hey, people are different. She may be genuine, but dont expect it to be rosy for ever.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by rolchi(m): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2011
If you come from a background where such a thing doesn't matter then go ahead and marry her.
However, from your post, you are concerned about how family and friends will take it. So,it means that it matters a lot.
If you have had a peaceful and loving relationship with your family and friends and you are about to do anything that makes them uneasy then think it through very well because their perspective is very likely the right one and your emotion filled perspective is very likely wrong.

All that said. Does it occur to you that her sweetness may just be a marketing strategy?
If she was really that sweet how come all men didn't notice it till she is now 34?
You have known her for just 6 months. Have you tried to find out (from real sources independent of what she tells you) how she lived her life from age 0-34?

I hear many people saying you shouldn't bother about what family and friends say. That it is her you are marrying and it is the love between you two that matters. Please don't ever try that western stewpeedity. It doesn't work here. Neither does it work there (because their divorce rate is about 48% http://www.divorcerate.org/). We African's may be lagging in technology but our principles of marriage are far better than the west. Here, a marriage is between one set of family and friends and another set of family and friends. So,if you are the only one seeing her sweetness and your family and friends don't see it, you better think well.

Good Word, Broda, consider this deeply. If you eventually decide to go ahead, make it a low key one and tone down the age (I mean, keep it secret between and your wife), otherwise cry
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by member479760: 11:48am On Jun 03, 2011
beta run for you dear life. you wan marry old cargo? run!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by KKEZ: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
@702[quote][/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@OP this is d 21st century, no 1 cares, if GENUINE love is btw u , fine then!! jus arrange the no of kids u want b4 she hits the pause button!

AND WHICH MORDEN SCIENCE TOLD U THAT SHE WLD HIT MENOPUSE SOON BECOS OF HER AGE? FOR YOUR INFO, I HAVE SEEN SCORES OF WOMEN HIT THE PAUSE BOTTON AT 30!! AND MANY SCORES OTHERS DONT HIT EVEN AT 55! ITS LIKE SAYING MEDICATED GLASSES ARE DEDICATED TO OLDER WOMEN! HABA! CONSIDER OTHER REALISTIC FACTORS B4 TALKING ABT MENOPAUSE!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Badesh(m): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster, well done for your braveness and courage to carry on with your life and the lady you claim has been in your life for the past 6months. If I can get you very well, you say you plan to marry in the next one year which to me could probably spell a total of 1 & 1/2 years of courtship. I believe that is enough time for both of you on the journey to getting married (so long as you've both agreed to). In fact I envy you cos I have had more older ladies in my past relationships before finally settling down with someone younger in marriage. Without prejudice, the older women were more relaxed and obviously matured but for God and wisdom, my wife today is equally a fantastic being. You are apprehensive of what your family and friends/ mentors will say!!!, tell me, are they gonna be in your home thereafter?. What about the lady's immediate family and friends?, how has she presented you to them?. Have you studied the body chemistry to ascertain whatever she might have informed them?. Moreso, you are thinking marriage right now, have you sat her down to this plan(s)?.

Guy!!!!!, get all these facts right and I wanna bless your marriage (God willing) with all the good things of life. AGE is cruel and deceptive. The mind surely works wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Badesh(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Ola Pluto, hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!, LWTMB. What is the difference between 6 & 8 years?. You must possess a strong sense of humour joor. Leave age outta this jare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gbam!!!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by MPEROR: 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2011
If u are happy marry her and follow Papido's advice
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by bantonbow(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
Think twice before u take your decision. look beyond the immediate bliss u guys seem to enjoy and zoom in on to the larger picture 10 years from now.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by luckynzo(m): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster.
Marrying that chick's a decision you'll live to regret.
Check this out. Studies show that the divorce rate is twice higher in marriages where the woman's older. That's because she isn't gonna respect you the way a wife's supposed to. She's gonna have this in her mindset cos of d age difference.
She may be fun & all that. But you meet women like this all the time. Except you're not an exciting guy yourself.
Find yourself a fine woman at least 4 years younger.
Besides, how many kids can she give you before menopause.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Delta007(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2011
I have nothing wrong with someone older; 8 years is quite a stretch though. However, I'd be more inclined to find out why she was still single at 33/34 if she is the next thing to sliced bread. Dating and marriage are two entirely different ball games; While dating, both partners front their best. During marriage, you get the whole package and even more. Methinks you are not being real with yourself; seek answers to the more critical questions and try not to get bamboozled by the "sweetness" while sweeping important details under the umbrella of the age factor.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Anvaller: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hey man, at 26, in Nigeria for a guy, you need some 3-4 more years to be considered very ripe for marriage. But well it is not strange at all if you decide to marry now but let me tell you, many who are telling you to go ahead are not giving you the best of advice. Even in the west, it is not a common thing like you see in movies or read in the magazines and in cases where that happens, the relationship doesnt last. what is more common is a difference of two/three years for the lady over the guy amongst the western eauropeans. But now you are 26 and the lady is 34, in Nigeria? U need to watch over your shoulder meehn.
My advice, if u still want to gp ahead because u are very in love, wait a litlle longer like one more year, in order to have sufficient time  to learn about that lady much much more, if thereafter you have discoverd nothing to scare you, you may then go ahead.
As for me, if you were my brother, I would advise you to back off outrightly!!!.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by delicious1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
When she's 68, you will be 60.
What's the big deal? undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by upendo98(f): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
I guess you are right Anvaller. For a guy yeah it may be too early. But he is still mature.8 yr diffrence is no joke. I am thinking are all guys who marry younger women very satisfied?  What if he settles for a younger woman who will end up driving him mad? Love conqueres lots of things (old age included) but I think that relationship needs to be tested before he can take it to the next level. If it passes the test then why not? Truth is again being in Africa you cant wish away relatives coz they will haunt you forevr and who knows, what if you encounter a problem later in life? My prayer is that they are both honest to each other.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by DaDoctor: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2011
nice post above BUT YOU CANNOT TRULY AND FULLY KNOW A LADY UNTIL SHE IS IN.

RIGHT FROM THE DAY YOU GET DOWN THE ALTAR, YOU SEE SIGNS.

WHEN SHE SATRTS HAVING KIDS, MORE SIGNS AND SAGACITY.

AND ON AND ON AND ON,

(With a few, very few exception)
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Thirst4Lif: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
Did she lie about her age when you met? Why get involved with someone older,

then complain about it later. If you feel the relationship is doomed, get out!

How do you know she even wants to be married to you?
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Thirst4Lif: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
We African's may be lagging in technology but our principles of marriage are far better than the west.

Yeah, right! And should we overlook the killings and spousal abuse from African men? Get Mrs. Chijoke W Wigwe on

on the phone and see if she agrees!
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by mystikal(m): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
''Age is nothing but a number'' is not just some cliche, It is actually a solid fact.

I hope She is as tight as JLO or that Aniston at 42 though.
Re: What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? by Lordemma(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
hi guys, i c nothing wrong with this as long as you love each other but be careful not to decieve ypurself cos your 2day is you 2moro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Cute Brother And His Amiable Fiancée's Pre-Wedding Pictures / Lady Asks Her Dead Boyfriend's Ghost To Kill His Assailants (Photos) / My Ex-Girlfriend Aborted My Child - Nigerian Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.