Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat (42937 Views)

My Wife Refused To Block The Guy She Cheated With / What I Did When My Wife Refused My Sexual Advancement For 7 Months / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Bobxin: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2021
Skullano:
Shebi nah all this wahala I go dey see and hear everyday and people will be shouting that I should go and marry.

I greet una well well.
I tire o, tbh
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2021
Afodot0022:
Good day my fellow nairalanders. Pls pardon my typo errors and will just make this brief as i can. I need your inputs in this scenerio that is giving me some sort of concern.

I have been married for close to five years now and have two kids to it. My marriage to my wife has been ups and down but have always tried my best to be a responsible husband and also father. I ensure I take care of my home financially to my capabilities.

My wife happens to be a good wife though with her own flaws as she is not perfect. She always has the notion that am cheating on her and have a side chick. But to be honest to you guys, i have never had sex with any other woman except my wife ever since i married her. Though at times the temptation might come to catch some flings out there but will later decline such thought and abort any action have made to do it on the long run.. At times my wife will read chats I do have with some random girls and have the notion that am cheating. I know i have been wrong in this but attimes a man will want to be a man but as i said earlier, have never had sex with those girls. Just random chats that all and it doesnt go further or lead anywhere.

So it happened that me and my wife had a very serious misunderstanding recently that resulted to verbal abuse and also almost physical violence from the two of us. The last time i intended to have sex with my wife, she denied me and this had been in my mind and got me so angry towards her. So it happend that she needed my help for something and did not help, she started shouting and nagging and this got me angry and i almost hit her but i didn't. During those heated moment she started saying things about my cheating and so on. She said if am not cheating that i should swear with bible but i refuse to swear that night. Upon the following day i decided to even swear with bible that i have never had sex with any woman ever sinced i married her. I know i was innocent and i truely swear that very day to make her change her mindset and perception about me.

After the swear, something happened that makes me confused till this very day, I ask my wife to also use the Bible to swear that she had not cheated or slept with any man ever since she got married to me. Could you imagine that despite all my efforts to make my wife to swear using the bible, she refused bluntly that she will never do such. I asked her why but she insisted she is not going to swear.

This got me concerned and was asking myself why is this woman refusing to do this if truely she is innocent and doesnt have any skeleton in her compound. Her excuse was that she cant use the world of God to swear but mind you she is the one that prompted me to do such at first. I even seized her phone that if she doesnt swear i wont return the phone to her but despite my threat, my wife didn't not.

This lasted for hours and I later gave up on the quest. Ever since then have not being myself and have been thinking alot. My wife doesnt look like someone that can cheat on me cos have not seen any traces as such but with this her action, its making me to have a rethink about her.

Pls house i dont know what step to take as i need your mature advice on way forward on this issues troubling me. Every input will be well appreciated especially from married and experienced people.
Never trust anybody. Never say someone can't do so so thing.

Anybody can do anything.

As for me, I will never trust such a wife

If am in your position, I'm going to break up with her.

My personal opinion.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by yrex01(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2021
Bola146:

Seriously you are still a kid, you need to grow mature, swearing with Bible doesn't mean you are innocent. Go and ask our politicians lipsrsealed
hypocrite, will this be your response if he didn't swear ? Bros it's simple, make er swear by any means no one has monopoly of madness.

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Elliotwaveforec: 10:19am On Oct 22, 2021
DanielAlhassan:
From my own point of view.

This matter go enter DNA test
And the results go shock u

This I have seen

Pray make God deliver u

I dey tell you; those kids ehn

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by bedah(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Bola146:
Swearing with the Bible is totally wrong, let your yes be yes and no be no, what would you do if you see her chatting with men Do unto others as you want others to do unto you sad if you did acted suspicious, she is not a fool to keep quiet, women are jealous in nature, she wants the best for her family, she is a human being too, you are the head of the family, you should know the best for your family. You trust your wife but you are still doubting or your conscience is questioning you cheesy cheesy I don't understand? Please settle it amicably and if you are at fault, you know how you settle your fights before, don't let third party come into your home. Some comments here might lead your marriage astray, don't let ego destroy you, confront her and sit her down to apologise and way forward sad

Madam go and sit down.........don't start what you can't finish........oga don swear madam con swear wahala.........dat man ll Neva have peace untill she swear or confess her sins.......do u knw wat it tke for U not to be sure of something......u can't let go

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by mastermaestro(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Afodot0022:
Good day my fellow nairalanders. Pls pardon my typo errors and will just make this brief as i can. I need your inputs in this scenerio that is giving me some sort of concern.

I have been married for close to five years now and have two kids to it. My marriage to my wife has been ups and down but have always tried my best to be a responsible husband and also father. I ensure I take care of my home financially to my capabilities.

My wife happens to be a good wife though with her own flaws as she is not perfect. She always has the notion that am cheating on her and have a side chick. But to be honest to you guys, i have never had sex with any other woman except my wife ever since i married her. Though at times the temptation might come to catch some flings out there but will later decline such thought and abort any action have made to do it on the long run.. At times my wife will read chats I do have with some random girls and have the notion that am cheating. I know i have been wrong in this but attimes a man will want to be a man but as i said earlier, have never had sex with those girls. Just random chats that all and it doesnt go further or lead anywhere.

So it happened that me and my wife had a very serious misunderstanding recently that resulted to verbal abuse and also almost physical violence from the two of us. The last time i intended to have sex with my wife, she denied me and this had been in my mind and got me so angry towards her. So it happend that she needed my help for something and did not help, she started shouting and nagging and this got me angry and i almost hit her but i didn't. During those heated moment she started saying things about my cheating and so on. She said if am not cheating that i should swear with bible but i refuse to swear that night. Upon the following day i decided to even swear with bible that i have never had sex with any woman ever sinced i married her. I know i was innocent and i truely swear that very day to make her change her mindset and perception about me.

After the swear, something happened that makes me confused till this very day, I ask my wife to also use the Bible to swear that she had not cheated or slept with any man ever since she got married to me. Could you imagine that despite all my efforts to make my wife to swear using the bible, she refused bluntly that she will never do such. I asked her why but she insisted she is not going to swear.

This got me concerned and was asking myself why is this woman refusing to do this if truely she is innocent and doesnt have any skeleton in her compound. Her excuse was that she cant use the world of God to swear but mind you she is the one that prompted me to do such at first. I even seized her phone that if she doesnt swear i wont return the phone to her but despite my threat, my wife didn't not.

This lasted for hours and I later gave up on the quest. Ever since then have not being myself and have been thinking alot. My wife doesnt look like someone that can cheat on me cos have not seen any traces as such but with this her action, its making me to have a rethink about her.

Pls house i dont know what step to take as i need your mature advice on way forward on this issues troubling me. Every input will be well appreciated especially from married and experienced people.

Please take this as a personal message, not a comment. Get over the suspicion. I can tell you authoritatively that she hasn't cheated on you with any man. She just wants to upset you for your flirtatious lifestyle. It is her own way of making you feel how it feels to be unsure about one's partner's fidelity.

You too have to stop your frolicking around with girls. You are hurting her with it. Now you have a taste of what she is passing through emotionally. Cheating hurts men as it does women. Women tend to bear it because society seems to favour men on this depravity.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Bobxin: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2021
In fact go and do paternity test to confirm your kids. That's for starters.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by lezz(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Afodot0022:

I sweared based only on sexual activity with other ladies and not based on conversation i had with them. So i dont think i need to be scared about that cos in that area, i am justified.
Stop responding to the females who quote you here. Women are biologically incapable of handling relationship issues. They lack a balance sense of judgment.

If I'm not mistaken, your question was why didn't your wife swear with same Bible she gave you to swear? And this is what none of the dumb, emo-bitches here are even pretending to answer.

I'll tell you this: your wife has a reason for refusing to swear with that Bible.

Women are very religious in nature but lack purity at heart level. So she's scared of the consequences of swearing and lying with the Bible.

Also if she believes you were cheating, is there a possibility she did a revenge sex against you with someone else?

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Mrkumareze(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Op should have sworn to okija shrine, with that we can agree he's innocent . Same applies to his wife, if she refuses, the oracle ll take charge shocked
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Samfloxin(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Why didn't you lock your phone with code
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
Afodot0022:

You could have used another method, but couples matter can be hard which make them act stu.pidly. When trouble begins, adults behave like children. Therefore, the issue of swearing with the Bible is not good, but it has happened.

She initiated it, and you vexed, and did it. But she didnt do it, and people are saying rubbish to you. Lol. You should have seen the handwriting in the wall while saying her. If course, you cannot say she wasn't like that. She asked you do something, manipulated you, and when it was her time, she declined no matter wht you do. Lol. It may not even be when you are quarrelling. It may be some normal. But you ignored the signals. It can be money. She forces you to pay for something, and you both agree she will pay the next, and when the time comes, she refuses to do it. Lol. That's a signal most people ignore. They just let it go that it's the way of girls. Lol

Here is my advice:
1. Bro, repent and ask God for forgiveness if you feel guilty of using the Bible to swear.

2. Sit down, cool your head. And set trap to catch her. Period. She has shown she cannot be trusted.

If you go to clurt of law, both of you will swear by the Bible. It is as simple as ABC.

I am not going to say she is this or that, but what I know is that she has shown a negative sign which calls for doubt. It is easy to catch a cheating spouse, you just need to be smart. That's all. Very easy. Just watch out.

Catching her is not the issue here. Will you be able to bear it if she is guilty? Will you be able to handle the matter?

The problem is that there are too many people who arent matured to stand such test. Maturity is being able to make a decisive action which is to divorce or to forgive. You forgive and the marriages heals. Or you divorce. But most people fall into depression cos of such. This is the issue. If you know you will fall into depression, just dont investigate anything and let the person be sampling and continue sharing her with you. What you dont know wont kill you. But if you know you can make a decisive action, you better act fast.

Truth is bitter, and goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2021
UncleKoboko:
On a serious note, your wife is definitely cheating.

It's uncommon these days that married women cheat.
It's like everyone is trying to do competition for who cheats the most or who has the highest bodycounts.

90 % of Nigerian girls have at least 2-3 fúckíng lovers.
Even if you are seeing her for 23.5 hours in a day, just know that in the remaining 30 mins she will use it to play her games.

The craziest evil thing they know how to do best is when this is happening is:

PLAY THE VICTIM CARD
and
GUILT-TRIP YOU and make you feel like the terrible one.

Never ever trust them. Even the married ones.

The surest way of putting a check on them is to regularly hack through their phones.
NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE FOOLED BY THESE VAGINA PEOPLE.
I don't agree with your percentage

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by DanielAlhassan(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
Pls leave GOD'S Word out of all these your Swearings!
The Word is not what you Swear it.

If She says she has not cheated, then you let the Matter rest.
Don't use your hands to open your Family for the devil to Strike.
why did she ask him to swear using the word and she don't want to do the same

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by hikiki(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Bro,if she is truly a born again Christian and refuse to swear, believe her!! If she is not a born again which I believe,she has eaten anoda mans � oo.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by bikefab(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2021
She simply meant that her NO means NO. You made a ho a housewife.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by BluntCrazeMan: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2021
Call her and tell her to sit down.
Look her straight in the eyes and say these words:
“My dear, you know I love you, and I cannot do anything to hurt you. I cannot do anything that would betray of reduce the love I have for you, and that is why I have always tried my best to run away from temptations, even when they are everywhere around me. I have always tried my best to stay true to you. Even when you make me angry, I still find a way to keep myself happy so that you can be happy too... (You know naa,, wash her head well well with words to show her how much you deeply love her, then you enter her part)... But then, I cannot say the same thing about you. You just stay there and be so absent even when you're here in this house with me. You're just here with me in your physical body, but your mind and heart are always absent.(this may not be true, but you have to sound like that, so that she would understand the gravity of what you're saying - although if you have instances of unreciprocated care and affection, then you're good to go)Your absence had been bothering me so much, and that is why I want to know the reason for such. I want you to use your own mouth and tell me pomp-and-plain.. DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER MAN IN YOUR LIFE APART FROM ME??
(Pay attention to how I started.. And how I entered without giving her any clue that I was going to ask her about anything that had to do with men.. if you dare to give her any clue, you may never get to pop the question, and even if you pop the question she might have thought up a defense response before you landed.. So, take her mind and heart of the topic of MEN.. Then pop the question.. She would be so surprised, and her immediate unconscious reaction would show if the question exposed her hidden secret or not.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2021
Don't ever swear with a bible no matter the circumstances.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by MrColdsweat: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2021
Ginaz:
All I can tell you is that “I fear your wife die ”. Why would she make you swear with the Bible when she know she can’t do the same ?

Something isn’t right and clicking in.

A see a dangerous manipulator in your wife. Someone who can’t eat poison won’t tell another to eat it except they want to commit murder.

You are the first sensible woman on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2021
The both of you have too much free time. Una no just know wetin to do with una time again na to they swear up and down. That she refuses to do the same doesn't mean she's guilty of it.

But wait oh, you seem to let women talk get to you. She really made you swear and you did it? You be Mumu oh.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Sirmuel1(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2021
My wife doesnt look like someone that can cheat on me cos have not seen any traces as such but with this her action, its making me to have a rethink about her.

Cheating is like HIV. It doesn't show on the face. It was when I broke up with my ex that I realized she did so many things at my back. There was a day she traveled and we talked all through. It was after we broke up I realized that she was fu.king someone else that same period she was on the phone with me.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Bobxin: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2021
Ginaz:

It was the wife who told him to swear first . Why would she tell him to swear with the Bible when she knows she can’t swear with the same Bible herself ? What she did was evil.

Eve didn’t make Adam eat the forbidden apple all by himself . She ate along with him.
Well said!
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by BluntCrazeMan: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2021
Afodot0022:

Have you asked her whether she had cheated??
What did she say??
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2021
grin
Afodot0022:

grin grin grin do dna to those children
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Quiny32323: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2021
Oga the kind response u go get her will send you to psychiatrist, bet me.
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Adolfhitler001: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2021
Tell her you want a divorce and see her swear with the speed of light cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by femixville(m): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2021
Bola146:
Swearing with the Bible is totally wrong, let your yes be yes and no be no, what would you do if you see her chatting with men Do unto others as you want others to do unto you sad if you did acted suspicious, she is not a fool to keep quiet, women are jealous in nature, she wants the best for her family, she is a human being too, you are the head of the family, you should know the best for your family. You trust your wife but you are still doubting or your conscience is questioning you cheesy cheesy I don't understand? Please settle it amicably and if you are at fault, you know how you settle your fights before, don't let third party come into your home. Some comments here might lead your marriage astray, don't let ego destroy you, confront her and sit her down to apologise and way forward sad

Seems you don't understand or read through what he said clearly..
He said, he has never cheated on his wife before oh, and that, the wife made him swear nd he did for the sake of trust nd love for her..
Now, make the woman swear too, e con turn problem..
Woman, u too swear na, she no fit.. The situation the woman suppose dey assuming the man no swear, that's the situation the man now found himself..

Yeah, it is wrong to swear with the Bible especially if you're a chronic liar nd still go ahead to swear, God's wrath is attached to it.. But, the truth is, if the woman wants her husband to keep loving nd trusting her, let her balance it up by swearing.. If she can't, she's the one that really wants to destroy her own home cos, she started it all..

Because, d no dey tey before una emotional crocodile tears dey drop..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Awoleesu(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
5 years in marriage with this kind of squabble is quite understandable. There are still more learning to do, more experience to gain and subsequently, more understanding of marital life.

In a couple of years to come, if you two are still together, you'll see that the issue of cheating is not going to be a heart wrenching problem to you. Whether a partner cheats or not will make less sense provided you're not afflicted by any of the STDs or STIs, or that the other partner is not put on harm's way.
You will also learn to understand that you can only lay claim on someone as your wife or husband only as long as you have life and/or sanity. So, your priority will eventually shift from worrying about a partner's cheating or (tendency to cheat) to how to survive, keep your sanity and raise your kids to fulfilled adults.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by emmnprince(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
If you're from a particular tribe in the South that there's a consequence for a cheating wife in that when your wife is defiling your bed with another man (or other men), and you are eating her food and cookie, you will fall ill, begin to emaciate, and eventually die if she doesn't confess and do the needful.

Is that your own case?
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Bola146:
dear op pls ignore this comment if she cant swear with bible why did she force u to? she cheated on u. its your own decision now to get over it nd forgive her or take an action. if i were u she must swear like i did or there will be a prblm
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Kajaard: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Iyaebe:
You have already created a crack in the marriage, I pray it ends well for you both.But why is she refusing to swear?never trust humans in general.I pity you and really pray you overcome this.hmmm

Nice one. My thoughts as well, she refusing to swear just shows she is presently cheating or cheated at one point in the marriage. Why force the husband to swear with a Bible and when it gets to her turn she refuses to swear with the Bible? Makes no sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Doctortyre: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Ginaz:
All I can tell you is that “I fear your wife die ”. Why would she make you swear with the Bible when she know she can’t do the same ?

Something isn’t right and clicking in.

A see a dangerous manipulator in your wife. Someone who can’t eat poison won’t tell another to eat it except they want to commit murder.

I fear them ...
Re: My Wife Refused To Swear That She Does Not Cheat by Handsum64: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Your wife has been sharing and that comes with the disrespect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.